Just Our Luck (Aaron Rodgers tests positive)

cymatica

Reaction score
hawker84":2byp80sc said:
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing how this team stacked up against a real playoff contender.

On another note, of course Roger's is out for covid. Why would anyone think he'd do what's best for his teammates and fanbase and get vaccinated. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Since the vaccine does not prevent anyone from spreading it, and natural immunity works much better than a vaccine that dramatically loses efficacy after a few months, the only douchebags are those that insist someone takes a medical product so they can watch their precious sports games.

hawker84

Reaction score
cymatica":2m6epxgy said:
hawker84":2m6epxgy said:
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing how this team stacked up against a real playoff contender.

On another note, of course Roger's is out for covid. Why would anyone think he'd do what's best for his teammates and fanbase and get vaccinated. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

Since the vaccine does not prevent anyone from spreading it, and natural immunity works much better than a vaccine that dramatically loses efficacy after a few months, the only douchebags are those that insist someone takes a medical product so they can watch their precious sports games.

First off are you saying Aaron Roger's isn't a douchebag? Because he is regardless of Covid. He broke league rules and now his teammates, the organization and fanbase all have to suffer because of his selfish decision to lie.

Secondly you're entitled to your beliefs and opinions, as am I... we won't ever agree so let's just leave it at that without the personal attacks....k.... :2thumbs:

xray

Reaction score
Sneaking into postseason via beating bad teams or badly depleted teams , usually insures an early exit in the playoffs . Does anybody really believe that there are 14 legit playoff teams this year ? That's diluting the system with some garbage teams just for the sake of generating more $$$$ . :D

ZagHawk

Reaction score
xray":21pht0f5 said:
Sneaking into postseason via beating bad teams or badly depleted teams , usually insures an early exit in the playoffs . Does anybody really believe that there are 14 legit playoff teams this year ? That's diluting the system with some garbage teams just for the sake of generating more $$$$ . :D

A lot of people on here are excited about the idea of contending for that 7th spot. So the Hawks can be that garbage team on the NFC side with an early exit and we can continue as fans each offseason to making up excuses that the team is only one O-Linemen or pass rusher away from a superbowl. I should be more optimistic though because the Seahawks have a good history of winning 2+ playoff games on the road. /s

Quote me on this: If the Hawks make it to the NFCCG this year (make it, they don't need to win), I will eat crow and I will bow down to the overly optimistic fans here and I will never doubt Pete again. But If the Hawks barely squeak in as the 7th playoff team and get bounced early, I don't really want to hear "Oh if only the Russ didn't get injured, we would have had HFA".

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I pray for Aaron. With a 99.997% survival rate for someone his age I hope he will pull through.

rcaido

Reaction score
xray":27f1ltzo said:

You mean like the Bucs last year? They were really average team and just got hot or played a lot of easy teams at the end. They were 7-5 and had to play the last place NFC Falcons twice, the Lions, & Vikings.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
ZagHawk":11n81kgq said:
xray":11n81kgq said:

A lot of people on here are excited about the idea of contending for that 7th spot. So the Hawks can be that garbage team on the NFC side with an early exit and we can continue as fans each offseason to making up excuses that the team is only one O-Linemen or pass rusher away from a superbowl. I should be more optimistic though because the Seahawks have a good history of winning 2+ playoff games on the road. /s

Quote me on this: If the Hawks make it to the NFCCG this year (make it, they don't need to win), I will eat crow and I will bow down to the overly optimistic fans here and I will never doubt Pete again. But If the Hawks barely squeak in as the 7th playoff team and get bounced early, I don't really want to hear "Oh if only the Russ didn't get injured, we would have had HFA".
Yeah, we should root for losses so we can have a nice, high first round pick to enjoy.

xray

Reaction score
rcaido":43a5jtjp said:
xray":43a5jtjp said:

You mean like the Bucs last year? They were really average team and just got hot or played a lot of easy teams at the end. They were 7-5 and had to play the last place NFC Falcons twice, the Lions, & Vikings.

^
Then they beat GB in the NFC championship and then severely kicked the Chiefs azz and won their 2nd Ring and got Brady his 7th ring . Just a lucky garbage team right ? :snack:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Rat":3sy6rod4 said:
ZagHawk":3sy6rod4 said:
xray":3sy6rod4 said:

Yeah, we should root for losses so we can have a nice, high first round pick to enjoy.

who said we're rooting for losses. I want to root for the team playing the best team it can play, iron sharpens iron. Either the Hawks win and show the world what they are...or they lose and show the world what they are. Btw wouldn't you personally love it if the first time the Hawks could finally beat GB in GB it would be against a GB that does have its starting QB?

xray

Reaction score
ZagHawk":k26p1awm said:
Rat":k26p1awm said:
ZagHawk":k26p1awm said:
xray":k26p1awm said:

who said we're rooting for losses. I want to root for the team playing the best team it can play, iron sharpens iron. Either the Hawks win and show the world what they are...or they lose and show the world what they are. Btw wouldn't you personally love it if the first time the Hawks could finally beat GB in GB it would be against a GB that does have its starting QB?

^
Homers want opponents like the Jags every week ...because " A win is a win " . :D

hawker84

Reaction score
xray":1nbbaohq said:
ZagHawk":1nbbaohq said:
Rat":1nbbaohq said:
ZagHawk":1nbbaohq said:

^
Homers want opponents like the Jags every week ...because " A win is a win " . :D

I guarantee the players want Roger's and Adams on the field. Just like GB players are hoping a healthy RW is back ...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, so W isn’t a W then?

BTW, what’s wrong with being a Homer?

Tell that to the scorers will you. C’mon it seems as if some here want the team to lose so their one tone narrative gains some resonance.

rcaido

Reaction score
xray":3sead0ou said:
rcaido":3sead0ou said:
xray":3sead0ou said:

^
Then they beat GB in the NFC championship and then severely kicked the Chiefs azz and won their 2nd Ring and got Brady his 7th ring . Just a lucky garbage team right ? :snack:

Not a garbage team, just like the Seahawks are not a garbage team. If you can get hot at the right moment, it doesn't matter what the record you have going to the post season. You just have to get in, to have a shot.

Winning against the Jags and beating GB without Rogers just to get to the playoffs, ill take it.

LTH

Reaction score
Just because AR might be out does not guarantee a victory... But this is my point, there are so many things that can happen in the NFL that it's foolish to count the Seahawks out of it... they just need to take one game at a time and continue to improve and control the things they can control... It's not how you start that defines a season it's how you finish, we don't know what this team is going to look like at the end of the season they might go on a massive roll and not lose another game they might tank it ...we don't know what's going to happen... I just know that this team is getting better and there is no quit in this team... we will see what happens.. keep your mind open..

LTH

WmHBonney

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1y9b076l said:
Rat":1y9b076l said:
Aaron Rodgers out this week after a positive COVID test. He couldnt wait one more week? Maybe he still wont be feeling 100% against us.

EDIT: turns out he's unvaccinated. Maybe this will linger.

Is there really that much joy in playing a team without their star QB. As much as I want our team to win, the game against the Packers ideally with Rodgers AND Adams would be very telling where this team is at and how it would or would not fare in the playoffs.

Well, I would argue that the way this team has played this season, they need every win they can get just to make the playoffs. I'll worry about a playoff win later. Let's not forget, there were many folks that felt we shouldn't have been in the playoffs the year of the Beastquake. Anything can happen.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Welshers":1qlr7f6p said:
Where did you read hes unvaccinated? Every news source I can find says he took the vaccine. He will probably be good to go in a week max so this won't help the hawks
Well he wouldn’t have gotten it if he was vaccinated. So there’s that. We should be giving babies the vaccine once they are born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with being excited about the team or getting a few easy wins because the QB is out.

I am just not going to count it as an indicator we are improving or that we have fixed the problem.

But sure, getting excited when we now stand a chance is fine. We didn't stand a chance before and I wasn't sure I would even be able to stomach watching the whole game.

This changes things.

It would be better to be more competitive but we will take what we can get.

It just won't mean much if we win while Rodgers is out.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks need 7 more wins . How ?? You tell me . :D

Boycie

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3jf3j24u said:
Welshers":3jf3j24u said:
Where did you read hes unvaccinated? Every news source I can find says he took the vaccine. He will probably be good to go in a week max so this won't help the hawks
Well he wouldn’t have gotten it if he was vaccinated. So there’s that. We should be giving babies the vaccine once they are born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:2thumbs:

Boycie

Reaction score
Welshers":29rk3l46 said:
. The earliest Rodgers can rejoin the team is Nov. 13 -- the day before their Week 10 matchup against the Seahawks.

Per nfl.com...

I am a little behind here. Did he really lie about being vaxxed? If so, shouldn't he be suspended and fined? Evander Kane of the Sharks in the NHL did, and he got the book thrown at him.

For the record though, I believe that there should not be any vax mandates, especially when the vaxxed can spread it.

Latest posts