Ken Norton has to be fired

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
cymatica":10xafg34 said:
This game just guaranteed the rest of my Sundays will not involve watching this team. While the offense has struggled, this defense is unwatchable. Not wasting any more time with a team that refuses to change the worst defense in the NFL.

It is past time for the change and even though the road dead ends at the poor performance of the players the coaches will ultimately pay, it still makes me happy when someone takes the time to post to a forum of strangers that they are no longer going to give their time or paying attention…funny shit…take care and peace out.

And please don’t be a hypocrite and post again.

hawks85

Reaction score
mistaowen":1flfgba7 said:
Another 500 yard game, constant blown coverages, mental lapses, guys out of position, no idea how to use the highest paid safety in the NFL, lucky that Stafford made some awful decisions. Team defense getting worse every season. We are DEAD LAST in the NFL after being on pace to shatter all time bad records last year. Can’t defend the run, can’t defend the pass, struggle to rush the quarterback. The DC of the worst defense in the NFL shouldn’t have such a massive leash.

I understand this is Pete’s D but SOMETHING has to be done. SOMEONE else has to take over the role and make some changes. It’s pathetic how easy every drive for other teams is. There’s no resistance at all.

Remember when Norton was going to go to San Fran before his ass came back here Carroll brought him back. I will never forget that shit and I was PISSED OFF. Norton is garbage always has been always will be. He's been garbage everywhere he's been. Why Petey boy has a hard on for this guy is beyond me.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Fire Norton now. He's a horrible defensive mind as a DC. Good positional coach but who cares at this point.

JBPAC

Reaction score
He did a terrible job as DC with Raiders QBs across the entire NFL would have huge games against the Raiders. He is doing an even worse job for the Hawks. If Pete won’t fire him because of there friendship then they both need to be fired. The players are going to start tanking it as they see there highest paid safety doing nothing he doesn’t take on any blockers continually tries to run around them as the play goes right by him. We all see that happening Norton and Pete have to see it but they have to keep playing him because of his salary. Jets could be getting a top 10 pick this year out of the Hawks. Norton is not being held accountable by Pete. Come on Pete grow a pair and quit embarrassing yourself and the entire organization and fans and let your buddy go today or you both can go and while you are at it take Adams with you.

pmedic920

Reaction score
No he doesn’t!!

And before you flame me, I say demote him to LB coach ( if he’d stay on), and bring in someone with a legitimate chance of turning the D around, Hell someone that would light a freaking fire under some asses would be better that what’s happening now.

I agree that KNJ is NOT coordinator material but he would be an asset as a position coach.

Boycie

Reaction score
pmedic920":281edplj said:
No he doesn’t!!

And before you flame me, I say demote him to LB coach ( if he’d stay on), and bring in someone with a legitimate chance of turning the D around, Hell someone that would light a freaking fire under some asses would be better that what’s happening now.

I agree that KNJ is NOT coordinator material but he would be an asset as a position coach.

You never do something like that because even though they are shit, Norton will have some fans on the D side, and keeping him around will only undermine the new D coordinator.

James in PA

Reaction score
Damnit! This thread keeps getting my hopes up because every time someone posts in it, the topic jumps back to the top of the screen and at a quick glance, it looks like “Ken Norton has been fired.”

[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cymatica

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3w4npnul said:
cymatica":3w4npnul said:
This game just guaranteed the rest of my Sundays will not involve watching this team. While the offense has struggled, this defense is unwatchable. Not wasting any more time with a team that refuses to change the worst defense in the NFL.

It is past time for the change and even though the road dead ends at the poor performance of the players the coaches will ultimately pay, it still makes me happy when someone takes the time to post to a forum of strangers that they are no longer going to give their time or paying attention…funny $h!t…take care and peace out.

And please don’t be a hypocrite and post again.

Get over yourself. I know you must take pride in being the model fan, it means a lot to you. :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":2acq61so said:
No he doesn’t!!

You could hire Buddy Ryan, Wade Phillips, Don Shula, Quinn, Richard, Fisher. Landry, Lombardi all at once and it would not make a difference, if Pete has control and mandates a specific way of play it is what we see.

Now those personalities on the sideline trying to talk to Pete game day would be a fun watch.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is my worry.

Not sure if firing Norton would fix anything right now.

Not saying he isn't a problem but I don't think he is THE problem.

We learned that after firing Bevell.

Latest posts