Lj Collier: Immediate trade or cut candidate?

Should lj be on our 53.

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
They couldn’t trade him last year. How is he tradable now?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd see if the Eagles would be interested in trading Gardner Minshew for Collier and 2023 3rd round draft pick. I'd be tempted to plug the trigger if I were JS/PC.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Unless they find some ugo Amadi type our cut for your cut tryout trade there won’t be anything to trade for.

did Collier ever get that respect he was demanding?

this is what happens when you are so over focused on filling a particular hole that you take the, what 6th?, DE in the first round instead of the 1st or 2nd best at a different position of need.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Why did LJ Collier fail?

He seems like an excellent athlete that was described as having "heavy hands" in contact. Maybe he just doesn't like football. But, I if was him, I would make every effort to "cash in" on his time as a young athlete... I hope he can have a successful career here or in a trade.

But, I also hope that the Seahawks can get some value, either as a trade or as a player that finally meets his expectations.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I don’t wish him any better or any worse than I wish on the other 335 million people in our country. He was a failure as a player for the Seahawks. Goodbye. You won’t be missed and only remembered as an example of PCs drafting skills.

flv2

Reaction score
Collier is due $1.972M in 2022, half of which is fully guaranteed. If waived I don't think he'd be claimed. If no-one would claim him then no-one would give anything up for him. Effectively $986,325 of his 2022 salary is spent. Do they keep him for another $986,325 or use that money on someone else?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Collier is due $1.972M in 2022, half of which is fully guaranteed. If waived I don't think he'd be claimed. If no-one would claim him then no-one would give anything up for him. Effectively $986,325 of his 2022 salary is spent. Do they keep him for another $986,325 or use that money on someone else?

That’s the dilemma.

GemCity

Reaction score
The same for any team.. period?
The JS worshippers need to wake up and realize the damage that’s been done.

Yes…same for any other team. But, we’re near the bottom of that dumpster pile pal.

As for LJ, he’s a bust. You can’t tell that to some of the ol faithful .Netters though. A simple search (unless since deleted) will show you how many were on the LJ “he’s got good hands” train.

But…he’s cheap. I’d cut him but I understand why (stubborn pride) if they don’t.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The JS worshippers need to wake up and realize the damage that’s been done.

Yes…same for any other team. But, we’re near the bottom of that dumpster pile pal.

As for LJ, he’s a bust. You can’t tell that to some of the ol faithful .Netters though. A simple search (unless since deleted) will show you how many were on the LJ “he’s got good hands” train.

But…he’s cheap. I’d cut him but I understand why (stubborn pride) if they don’t.
This is a bit unfair. The "good hands" stuff comes mostly from before he played an NFL snap. Just prospect evaluation.

He did alright in rotation in 2020, but hasn't shown anything otherwise. Totally fair to proclaim him a bust. I don't really see anyone claiming otherwise as of 2022.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ironically, a lot of people who are the most critical of the process behind the Collier pick wanted the front office to follow the same defective draft logic that they used to select LJ - a panic pick at a position of need on a prospect that wasn't graded as highly as his draft slot - even by the Seahawks themselves, more than likely, based on the post draft presser.

Same exact logic would have to be applied to draft one of the subpar quarterback prospects over any of K9/Mafe/Lucas. "Crap, I have a large positional need at this position. Better select whatever player is highest graded left at the position, even if they're graded far worse than other available prospects"

Spohawks

Reaction score
What is a 1st round bust worth? In this case, a 5th round pick.

What are you expecting with a 5th rounder? An immediate impact starter? No. A rotational guy? Yes!

LJ is exactly a rotational player and as injuries happen and needs become obvious, plenty of teams will need a rotational guy with upside potential.

The Seahawks need to cut their losses, trade him and package up the draft pick that they get for him to move up a few spots in the 2nd round to lock in an immediate impact starter.

GemCity

Reaction score
This is a bit unfair. The "good hands" stuff comes mostly from before he played an NFL snap. Just prospect evaluation.

He did alright in rotation in 2020, but hasn't shown anything otherwise. Totally fair to proclaim him a bust. I don't really see anyone claiming otherwise as of 2022.
Mael…I know the draft is a crapshoot. But, this guy was a huge reach and could’ve been grabbed in a much lower round.

It happens. It’s ok. But, if it keeps happening (such as taking Eskridge over Creed or Myers), then you have to get it corrected fast.

I think they did a great job this year…fingers crossed for next. As for LJ, I was shocked when they took him and didn’t expect any other outcome than this.

I’m not a swami…I wanted Queen over Brooks (whew!). I’m also not paid to make picks.

Confidence is restored after seeing this years crop.

Rat

Reaction score
To trade a player, somebody would have to want him at his current salary.

When that pick came up, I think I was calling for N'Keal Harry or Rock Ya-Sin. I wouldn't have done much better I guess.