Me3 at it again

keasley45

Reaction score
Sometimes when I see the dude the first things i think is - Aspergers... low spectrum.

Awkward socially
Robotic communication
Singularly focused
Difficulty connecting with others
Seemingly self absorbed
Detail oriented

Their ability to be so single minded and focused can result in unique success as adults...

And i'm not at all making light of the disorder. I just think at times that there's more at play when it come to his 'special' personality.

I mean, Elon Musk has it. Of the famous folks with the disorder he's probably one who i'd say is similarly developed. Highly successful, painfully awkward, seemingky narcissistic, but at times contrastingly caring... but then again, self serving...

Dan Akroyd, Anthony Hopkins... and quite a few others have it as well.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Is that an actual store front or is he live on location at the Malaysian sweat shop? If he has his own store now its not gonna last long...

Ok..admission time...which one of you has bought any of this cheese me3 gear? It's a safe place here...just tell us...

WarHawks

Reaction score
Surreal and sad not seeing him in Hawks gear. Glad he's gone, but the whole episode is just kind of sad and tragic. More tragic for us than him, but him too.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Sometimes when I see the dude the first things i think is - Aspergers... low spectrum.

Awkward socially
Robotic communication
Singularly focused
Difficulty connecting with others
Seemingly self absorbed
Detail oriented

Their ability to be so single minded and focused can result in unique success as adults...

And i'm not at all making light of the disorder. I just think at times that there's more at play when it come to his 'special' personality.

I mean, Elon Musk has it. Of the famous folks with the disorder he's probably one who i'd say is similarly developed. Highly successful, painfully awkward, seemingky narcissistic, but at times contrastingly caring... but then again, self serving...

Dan Akroyd, Anthony Hopkins... and quite a few others have it as well.
High functioning on the spectrum perhaps. My 9 year old son is super high functioning - they want to bump him up grades, gifted school, all that but he has those “quirks” - he can socialize but it’s clear he’d rather not unless there is a goal to it.

Russ and his corniness along with what you listed could very well be high functioning ASD. I’ve worked as a shrink with this population as well (one of my specialty areas) - professional gamblers, engineers, etc -

It makes a lot of sense.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Who is giving him business advice, because opening up a store that sells his branded gear after the years he has had is like opening up pork only butcher shop in the middle east. "We got these cool socks, we have the orange and blue too." He is oblivious.
And the "Let's Ride" shirt that I spotted

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Yikes! Looks like grey market dumping coming soon for ME3.

Hmm, wonder if they can work a charity angle write-off and donate the product to the NGOs managing the border 🤔

GeekHawk

Reaction score
High functioning on the spectrum perhaps. My 9 year old son is super high functioning - they want to bump him up grades, gifted school, all that but he has those “quirks” - he can socialize but it’s clear he’d rather not unless there is a goal to it.

Russ and his corniness along with what you listed could very well be high functioning ASD. I’ve worked as a shrink with this population as well (one of my specialty areas) - professional gamblers, engineers, etc -

It makes a lot of sense.
Engineers, definitely. And Navy nuke operators. It's what makes us special! :unsure: :cool:

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Engineers, definitely. And Navy nuke operators. It's what makes us special! :unsure: :cool:
Interestingly kids with ASD have been linked to OCD moms (I think it’s like 60 percent ish) correlation - I know I’m on the spectrum in pretty much the same way as my son is though (I have an ocd mom and my sons mom is ocd)

Go figure. It explains why I enjoy neuropsychology over typical psycho babbling - but it’s such a diverse area within itself speaking of ASD.

And remember kids, it’s a spectrum, so we are all on it somewhere. Same for all psychology (in my opinion) -

And a lot of it is made up for insurance purposes but I digress

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Interestingly kids with ASD have been linked to OCD moms (I think it’s like 60 percent ish) correlation - I know I’m on the spectrum in pretty much the same way as my son is though (I have an ocd mom and my sons mom is ocd)

Go figure. It explains why I enjoy neuropsychology over typical psycho babbling - but it’s such a diverse area within itself speaking of ASD.

And remember kids, it’s a spectrum, so we are all on it somewhere. Same for all psychology (in my opinion) -

And a lot of it is made up for insurance purposes but I digress
I'm second-of-five kids (no longer kids though!). My youngest sister (#5) lives with me and the wifey because she's what I call 'profoundly' autistic and can't really take care of herself. Though she can recite the minutest detail of pretty much any musician's catalog or life. My little brother was discharged from the military because even though he could program the heck out of computers he really wasn't suited to having a security clearance. Now he's what I would call marginally functional. I'm pretty sure I'm also 'on the spectrum', just enough to be an electrical engineer... I'm also pretty sure my mom was as well, just based on her lack of outward reaction when my dad passed. Among a lot of other stuff. I fully believe it runs in families, and is probably genetic.

toffee

Reaction score
Russell Wilson's best career move was picking that baseball agent as his agent and stick with him. Being agent's sole customer in NFL, he did what other agent perhaps won't do, ie burning bridges with no fear of consequences.

Latest posts