OBJ a good fit for Seattle?

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j4zetb3 said:
rjdriver":2j4zetb3 said:
ESPN is listing the teams he should go to as the follows: (from a couple different videos)

1. GB
2. LAR
3. LV
4.NE

So I'm confused...can he sign with anyone like a FA, or does he have to do the waiver wire thing going from bottom to top?

If he's claimed, then that team has to pick up the remainder of his contract, which only has like 1M of guaranteed money anymore, but still has like 7-8M of salary this year.

If not one claims him, THEN he can sign with anyone as a free agent.

So it's possible he will slide pretty far down the waiver wire until a playoff contender is willing to spend 7-8M on a rent a WR for the remainder of this year.

Interesting to know if Wilson is in Carroll's office Pleading his case.. LOL..

I just don't see it It feels to me like the Hawks really think Eskridge has a lot to bring... I guess we will see how that plays out...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
seabowl":3qyzznq9 said:
AKNFidel":3qyzznq9 said:
OBJ isn’t that good, still reaping the fame of a phenomenal catch a few years ago. Do you really think he’ll accept WR3 duties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Take off the glove and he has no shot at making that catch. Could you imagine if Largent or Rice had the gloves that they have today?

You must have seen the same interview with Kenny Easley as I did. He said that if Largent were wearing gloves that he could have caught that pass "with one finger".

edogg23

Reaction score
It’s a 1 million dollar cap hit so low risk high reward. Why not do it and make Russ happy. I doubt he falls to us though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
From what they were saying on 710 today, the team that picks him up would ONLY have to pay around 1 million. The Browns are paying the rest. He has NO guarantee in 2022 and 2023. So, at the worst, it's a half a season at 1 mil.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My guess is that he ends up with the Raiders. They have a pass happy offense, are very much in the hunt, and they just released a WR due to a fatal DUI accident. Plus after all the commotion surrounding the Gruden firing, they'd welcome a change of focus that a high profile free agent signing would bring.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":153ut3iw said:
My guess is that he ends up with the Raiders. They have a pass happy offense, are very much in the hunt, and they just released a WR due to a fatal DUI accident.

It definitely would make Seattle just that much more dangerous...But my thing is I always thought they should be getting Diss and Everett more involved... I feel they have the play makers they just need to be able to get them the ball... Not sure why that is the issue other than the QB is getting sacked Like the one play against the jags when Parkinson was wide open and Smith didn't see him...

LTH

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29kjzjj9 said:
From what they were saying on 710 today, the team that picks him up would ONLY have to pay around 1 million. The Browns are paying the rest. He has NO guarantee in 2022 and 2023. So, at the worst, it's a half a season at 1 mil.

I heard the same from 710, but I still wonder if the $1M cap hit is true.

The Browns couldn't find a trade partner for a $1M cap hit? That's strange to me.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bb51ad9 said:
Coaching. They seem to refuse to actually use guys the right way.

That is a blanket statement...You could say its on Waldron... you could say its on Carroll.. you could say its on Geno and Russ.. someone could make an argument for all of these basically... maybe its just circumstances, We just don't know what the truth is well... at least I don't know...and i haven't heard anything that has convinced me in one direction...maybe your convinced it's coaching but I'm not...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wcpeui0 said:
All in how you look at it. I see a team that consistently gets outcoached.

but why do you think its coaching? i mean if you believe the Hawks shouldn't run the ball 8 times in a row ok then i see why you would say that... but the way disley is being coached? he catches any thing thats even close to him.. he is a great player all the TE are great players... i see nothing that indicates they are being coached poorly...just sayin man..

LTH

nutluck

Reaction score
LTH":16z0o83d said:
SoulfishHawk":16z0o83d said:

but why do you think its coaching? i mean if you believe the Hawks shouldn't run the ball 8 times in a row ok then i see why you would say that... but the way disley is being coached? he catches any thing thats even close to him.. he is a great player all the TE are great players... i see nothing that indicates they are being coached poorly...just sayin man..

LTH

Typically from my point of view is people tend to say that when one team makes adjustments and then does a lot better after the half and the other one doesn't. That seems to happen to Hawks more than the league average. Many head couches will come out and try something different in the second half especially if they are losing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But they are seen as trying, while to keep doing the same thing is seen as not making or unable to make adjustments which is seen as bad coaching.

Anyways just my perspective on it.

LTH

Reaction score
nutluck":3pqkhqbx said:
LTH":3pqkhqbx said:
SoulfishHawk":3pqkhqbx said:

LTH

Typically from my point of view is people tend to say that when one team makes adjustments and then does a lot better after the half and the other one doesn't. That seems to happen to Hawks more than the league average. Many head couches will come out and try something different in the second half especially if they are losing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But they are seen as trying, while to keep doing the same thing is seen as not making or unable to make adjustments which is seen as bad coaching.

Thats not coaching thats scheme

LTH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
LTH":1s7jk1e3 said:
nutluck":1s7jk1e3 said:
LTH":1s7jk1e3 said:
SoulfishHawk":1s7jk1e3 said:

LTH

LTH

If I may ask you a question, who determines the scheme?

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":1c1mbqg0 said:
My guess is that he ends up with the Raiders. They have a pass happy offense, are very much in the hunt, and they just released a WR due to a fatal DUI accident.

LTH":1c1mbqg0 said:
[t definitely would make Seattle just that much more dangerous...But my thing is I always thought they should be getting Diss and Everett more involved... I feel they have the play makers they just need to be able to get them the ball... Not sure why that is the issue other than the QB is getting sacked Like the one play against the jags when Parkinson was wide open and Smith didn't see him...

LTH

I'm not sure how much more dangerous OBJ would make us. Who do you take off the field, DK or Lockett? Or do you plan to use him in 3 wide out sets? More than likely, bringing in OBJ would mean less playing time for DK, and that'll go over like a fart in church with him.

I agree with you about our not utilizing our tight ends. There have been games where they've received just one or two targets.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":2fyvls1u said:
RiverDog":2fyvls1u said:

LTH":2fyvls1u said:
[t definitely would make Seattle just that much more dangerous...But my thing is I always thought they should be getting Diss and Everett more involved... I feel they have the play makers they just need to be able to get them the ball... Not sure why that is the issue other than the QB is getting sacked Like the one play against the jags when Parkinson was wide open and Smith didn't see him...

LTH

I'm not sure how much more dangerous OBJ would make us. Who do you take off the field, DK or Lockett? Or do you plan to use him in 3 wide out sets? More than likely, bringing in OBJ would mean less playing time for DK, and that'll go over like a fart in church with him.

I agree with you about our not utilizing our tight ends. There have been games where they've received just one or two targets.

dude the are tons of ways he could be used but i wouldNT take dk off the field to use him... i would definately use him in 3-4 wide out sets..

I think the question is why is Cleveland letting him go? is he a head case a problem in the locker room? kinda sounds that way...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36y1byxf said:
You can't actually believe he's not a good player. I don't really like the guy that much, but sports don't work that way.
I couldn't stand Ricky Watters before he came to Seattle. Funny how quickly I got over it when I saw how good he was. And he turned out to NOT be nearly the locker room killer that people made him out to be.
1 mil for a guy as good as ODB? Add that to DK and Lockett? Holy hell. Pick your poison.
I want the team to win, that doesn't mean everyone has to be a choir boy.
But, what do I know? I'm just a homer who supposedly thinks Russ can do no wrong, wears my pom poms and is "content" with just making the playoffs. :irishdrinkers:

I agree with everything you said

LTH

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ogu9smd said:
LTH":1ogu9smd said:
nutluck":1ogu9smd said:
LTH":1ogu9smd said:

LTH

LTH

If I may ask you a question, who determines the scheme?

Beng I'm not in the meeting room, I would assume that Pete probably gives parameters... He wants a balanced O so that means they are going to throw the ball 25 times a game on average which probably means they play makers Lockett and DK probably get targeted 10 times each and that leaves the rest to the backs and the TE's...the rest goes to the runs... So I would say the game plan is Waldron, Carroll, Russ and who ever else they have in that responsibility...

LTH