Pete Carroll needs to go

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3q1rwwca said:
This post is why I rarely post on this forum. A bunch of clueless knee jerk reaction fans. You do realize Pete is one of the best coaches in the NFL? We have mediocre talent throughout every position except QB and we have a chance at winning the division next week.
Losing the way Seattle lost today should piss you off!

Too many blind posters that fail to see the reality of how bad it is even with the record as is.

The coaching has been terrible if you haven’t notice and it’s been on more than a few occasions.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is very little upside to removing Carroll.

A lot of downside though.

Remember when they fired George Karl?

We ended up with Westphal.

Be careful what you wish for. When Carroll is no longer the coach, we are going to be measurably worse for years to come.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I don't think Pete needs to go at all but the coaching staff he's accumulated of yes men is not helping this roster. Norton isn't good enough, at all, and Schotty runs the offense Pete wants. When Carson is out there ripping off 6 yards a run, the offense is efficient and the chunk plays work. When the run game is swallowed up, Schotty has proven he has no idea how to get the ball downfield (same exact issue for the Jets and Rams). Even if the passing game works, it's mostly hero ball. It's rare to see guys schemed open in the way other teams routinely do it. So many big plays came from a gorgeous running pass by Russ to a broken route from Lockett. He has been mostly excellent in the red zone this year though.

All this said, the consistent issues plaguing the team since ~2017 don't seem to change and at the end of the day, that's on Pete. No matter who is out there or who we are playing, the gameplan is the same. When our top 2 RB's went down, nothing changed. It was more run, run pass, run to step up the pass. Russ wasn't on the move, the ball wasn't coming out quickly in space or over the middle.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
He has 6 starters missing on defense, no RB's , limited TE's, limited OL, RW is beat up and this is Pete's fault?

It's a miracle we didn't get beat by 50 today. Yes the Cardinals are bad, but this is the NFL and nobody is that bad.

Gibbo

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":38i5524l said:
If anyone needs gone it’s Chris Carson. Totally not dependable, injury prone, fumbler.
I’m gonna regret this but you’ve got a bite.

Dear god you’re insane.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
MO Hawk":1tegckzb said:
He has 6 starters missing on defense, no RB's , limited TE's, limited OL, RW is beat up and this is Pete's fault?

It's a miracle we didn't get beat by 50 today. Yes the Cardinals are bad, but this is the NFL and nobody is that bad.

This guy gets it.

You could give the greatest coach of all time this roster and he probably wasn’t going to win this game. We were missing so many starters on offense and defense. The players are the ones on the field, you can only coach them up so much. Pete gets the most out of the least.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3fgy061t said:
Hawk-Lock":3fgy061t said:
This post is why I rarely post on this forum. A bunch of clueless knee jerk reaction fans. You do realize Pete is one of the best coaches in the NFL? We have mediocre talent throughout every position except QB and we have a chance at winning the division next week.
Losing the way Seattle lost today should piss you off!

Too many blind posters that fail to see the reality of how bad it is even with the record as is.

The coaching has been terrible if you haven’t notice and it’s been on more than a few occasions.

Who do you want to replace Pete with?

Elemas

Reaction score
Don't think this is a PC problem.

Now, who's the strength and conditioning coach? Lol....

These injuries were likely unavoidable but, gawtdamn...

Easy to want to shake things up but I don't recall the Hawks being highly regarded prior to the start of the season.

Great year...exceeded expectations. You simply cannot expect good things when you're as banged up as this team.

warden

Reaction score
We are one win away from a division title and a first round by and some of you want the coach to go. Comical

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Come on. He's one of the best coaches in the NFL. And he was one of the best coaches in College when he was at USC too. He is an outstanding coach at every level where he has been.

:roll:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
It's those that are in Pete's inner circle that needs to go. He surrounds himself with Yes Men because he wants to be the master and commander of the team. I get that, you're the head coach, but sometimes you need that other coach or two that will challenge you. I'm not saying challenge as in control of the team or causing some stir-up on the sidelines, I mean a coordinator that has to tell Pete that either something is a good idea, bad idea, or actually game plan for once.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3t25n6kn said:
Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Clayton was talking about him as a HC, said he was very college centric coach and doubted he or, the Husky coach would ever make it in the NFL.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
MO Hawk":2528p7l8 said:

I understand that the team is beat up (I got chastised for saying they were unraveling due to injuries on this very board just a few days ago), but with so many injuries its up to the coaching staff to shake up the play calling and schemes some to try and find something that might work with the depleted talent. Pete doesn't and that's whats so frustrating. He's been doing the 'running into a brick wall and hoping for a different result' thing for quite some time now.

I'm just not sure if I want to make the play offs only to have the quick exit every year or try something different even if it turns out bad. I can take or leave Pete at this point.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Lol at saying Pete has to go is a kneejerk reaction. Disagree with it, call it stupid, wrong. Any of this may be accurate (all a matter of opinion.) But calling it kneejerk as is flat wrong at this point. People have been saying it after wins, losses and during the offseason for several years now. It is most definitely NOT a kneejerk reaction. There are patterns that are very concerning that have been around way too long. The current coordinator situation shows that recycling those under Pete will not correct the issues causing those patterns.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
We'll end up 11-5 and there is a lot of teams that would love to be 11-5 last year 10-6 I think it would be ridiculous to get Rid of him with that being said if he were to leave on his own who'd I like to see replace him Jim Harbaugh.

John63

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":sp3mwbow said:
TheLegendOfBoom":sp3mwbow said:
Things need to change.

It all starts with Pete Carroll allowing things to remain.

Pathetic.

At least there are two of us.

John63

Reaction score
mistaowen":37rpivno said:
I don't think Pete needs to go at all but the coaching staff he's accumulated of yes men is not helping this roster. Norton isn't good enough, at all, and Schotty runs the offense Pete wants. When Carson is out there ripping off 6 yards a run, the offense is efficient and the chunk plays work. When the run game is swallowed up, Schotty has proven he has no idea how to get the ball downfield (same exact issue for the Jets and Rams). Even if the passing game works, it's mostly hero ball. It's rare to see guys schemed open in the way other teams routinely do it. So many big plays came from a gorgeous running pass by Russ to a broken route from Lockett. He has been mostly excellent in the red zone this year though.

All this said, the consistent issues plaguing the team since ~2017 don't seem to change and at the end of the day, that's on Pete. No matter who is out there or who we are playing, the gameplan is the same. When our top 2 RB's went down, nothing changed. It was more run, run pass, run to step up the pass. Russ wasn't on the move, the ball wasn't coming out quickly in space or over the middle.

Exactly

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hiw8a22 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1hiw8a22 said:
In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

It doesn’t matter what you previously done.

This is a terrible posture to have.

Kraft should have fired Belechick after those two straight losses. I mean, you're only as good as your last game. I can't believe they even gave him a chance after that first loss.

John63

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2ef8poei said:
MontanaHawk05":2ef8poei said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2ef8poei said:
In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

It doesn’t matter what you previously done.

This is a terrible posture to have.

Kraft should have fired Belechick after those two straight losses. I mean, you're only as good as your last game. I can't believe they even gave him a chance after that first loss.

Lol when was the last SB win for Belexhick? Last year, when was ours..6 years ago. Huge difference. In fact since we won our SB Belichick has won 3.

Jville

Reaction score
"You are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells

:177692: Pay no attention to tonight's unhinged posts. Pete Carroll is what his record says he is ...... a winner.