Rams @ 49ers Sunday Night Football

Smellyman

Reaction score
pmedic920":2u0px9kv said:
And I just noticed the turf.

That chunk of grass is just as bad as it’s always been.

100s of millions spent on a stadium and they can’t get a respectable playing surface?

I’m all for natural turf but come on man.

These are 300 lb buffaloes out there and when locking horns 700 lbs sometimes. Grass stands no chance.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
pmedic920":1ttetoqb said:

100s of millions spent on a stadium and they can’t get a respectable playing surface?

Holy, that's so weird. I've seen at least 4-5 plays totally affected by this. I never let the thought leave my head, cuz I thought I was just trippin'

Threedee

Reaction score
kf3339":2imh80ai said:
Honestly, both QB's look like s&#t in this game. Not sure what all the talk was about fearing the Rams at all.

Goff is crap. He has always been the weak link on the Rams. Say what you will about Jimmy G, but, he is far and away the superior QB.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Threedee":111w36rb said:
kf3339":111w36rb said:
Honestly, both QB's look like s&#t in this game. Not sure what all the talk was about fearing the Rams at all.

Hoff is crap. He has always been the weak link on the Rams. Say what you will about Jimmy G, but, he is far and away the superior QB.

tonight he is, but he is playing awful too. Like a Camry S vs. a Camry SL. (no idea if those are cars. :) )

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
Threedee":uyalnvcg said:
kf3339":uyalnvcg said:

Goff is crap. He has always been the weak link on the Rams. Say what you will about Jimmy G, but, he is far and away the superior QB.

Goff, really? Is that our fandom talking? He's pretty darn good for a kid who hasn't even hit puberty yet. You don't think his trajectory is UP?

Smellyman

Reaction score
TypeSly":2x2n6dhq said:
Threedee":2x2n6dhq said:
kf3339":2x2n6dhq said:

Goff, really? Is that our fandom talking? He's pretty darn good for a kid who hasn't even hit puberty yet. You don't think his trajectory is UP?

As sure as the sun rises in the West, Goff has a shot at being great.

Threedee

Reaction score
I do not think Goff has a high ceiling. As a disclaimer, I thought Kaeperpick would be an excellent QB in 2013 (not Jaworski HOF caliber, but, excellent).

pmedic920

Reaction score
Smellyman":15pyy77s said:
pmedic920":15pyy77s said:

These are 300 lb buffaloes out there and when locking horns 700 lbs sometimes. Grass stands no chance.

Yea I get it but that particular field has always been exceptionally bad.

There’s even memes mentioning it.

0855b35434e0354906d81a3c843d472d

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
Threedee":q959kwp8 said:
I do not think Goff has a high ceiling. As a disclaimer, I thought Kaeperpick would be an excellent QB in 2013 (not Jaworski HOF caliber, but, excellent).

I hope you're right, but from what I've read, Goff's got a Jeff George-like arm, with some actual intelligence. I don't see this kid failing in the NFL.

But he ain't Russ ;)

James in PA

Reaction score
Lambs are who we thought they were!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threedee

Reaction score
TypeSly":34o2bmna said:
Threedee":34o2bmna said:

I hope you're right, but from what I've read, Goff's got a Jeff George-like arm, with some actual intelligence. I don't see this kid failing in the NFL.

But he ain't Russ ;)

It's possible he has the arm. Any chances that he has intellect died on Hard Knocks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TypeSly":37oq2csk said:
SantaClaraHawk":37oq2csk said:
Cheering for the niners is going to have to be mandatory considering what the Rams' record is.

Yup, exactly. This Rams team is scary.
Not so sure about that...ALL the wins the Rams have this year have come from the abysmal NFC Least...excuse me, NFC East.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TypeSly":6ao41zxj said:
Threedee":6ao41zxj said:

But he ain't Russ ;)
Did you perhaps just step out of a time machine from 4 years ago?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lessons from this game:

1 - Hope Carroll takes some time to pick apart how the 49ers put a gameplan in place to assure the Rams DL did not dominate this game. There were a lot of plays to take advantage of overpursuit and then the passes were quick and for the most part Jimmy G was upright the entire night.

2 - Really need to make sure we do not defend the 49ers like we are defending everyone else. That soft stuff we allow, and the tendency of our guys to bail out at the snap, play off coverage, or just take outside leverage where possible? That will kill us. You cannot expect to allow complete passes and make the tackles against the 49ers. They will turn short passes into 3rd downs.

What the 49ers accomplished tonight was impressive though.

Latest posts