Russ and what the announcer said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Msfann":28apfjkd said:
That's one thing I quickly noticed about Geno was he seemed much better at reading the D and changing plays than Russ is.

Idk if Geno's better at reading the D, I think he's better at just going with whatever the playcall is, and getting the ball out quickly on time.

That's really what's going on here. What percentage of time would you say Russell gets the ball out on time to the correct receiver? 20%? 30%?

I don't know the answer, but it's sure not very often. He looks and then holds onto the ball trying to buy more time to take shots downfield. So either he doesn't think the primary receiver is open, or he can't see his progressions.

BamKam

Reaction score
John63":39tdt424 said:
BamKam":39tdt424 said:
John63":39tdt424 said:
JGreen79":39tdt424 said:
As much as I agree that Russ is struggling this year, and if he was even playing mediocre football right now this team would be above .500... His passer rating isn't really decreasing that much.

He raised it last season, and so far this season is only 101.2. his career rating is 101.6

That being said it's a flawed stat, it doesn't penalize the QB if he never throws the ball, or fumbles. QBR is much better gauge IMO. This season he is at 45.6. nearly 30 points lower than last season, and 12 points lower than his worst season (2016)

You see I don't like QBR because it is totally subjective. They have people analyze every play and decide who gets credit or takes the blame and ESPN has already been caught with people fudging it to help players they like. I like it when it is just a fact passer rating is a fact. tds is a fact td/int is a fact etc. QBR is the opinion of someone put to a number. Also, FYI look at his Passer rating before the injury he was leading the league, also in TDs, YPA, complt%. the 2 games since they came back from injury have hurt it all. Also, FYI even when he had one of the best QBR I hated it as I said to subjective.

You don't like it because it currently isn't a favorable stat for RW

I guess you missed this part "even when he had one of the best QBR I hated it as I said to subjective." as usually only reading what u want to. Or how last game I said his passer rating for that game was bad.

Lol. Oh ok that completely validates everything you said. Haha.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Tinamedina":30fuqml2 said:
kurt warner hasn't had an once of russell wilson's success.

it says more about kurt warner that a quarterback who isn't as quote unquote smart as him, has been more successful.

Kurt Warner is this guy wearing the gold jacket.

Ap 5b8b59d31d954f2aa44ce186889c282a 1024x682 1

If he's saying Russ needs to learn to take the "lay-ups" instead of the threes from half-court, I would tend to agree.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1461416417249669128[/tweet]