Russell Wilson: Report says he wants to explore options with

keasley45

Reaction score
toffee":r8es0ivn said:
keasley45":r8es0ivn said:
GemCity":r8es0ivn said:
keasley45":r8es0ivn said:
It's not a leader's job to defeat hubris or arrogance. I can tell you from the experience of running company's for 20 years and speaking on the subject of leadership, that if you have someone on your team that feels that they are above everyone else and are operating outside the mission and vision the rest of the team has bought into, you let them go.

The assumption of course is that you have, solid, respected leadedship, a healthy company and positive message, open door communication and positive moral.

Keeping a personality like that around regardless of talent, undermines moral, the effectiveness of leaderships message, and pushes any staff that you have that might be harder sells, into a potentially negative place.

How can you March out into 2022 with the same disconnect that plagued 21.

Just my 2 cents.

Damn bruh…you went in on Pete.

It doesn't matter whether it's Pete, or any other coach trying to maintain control of an entire team.

What I said isn't cosigning on everything Pete does by any stretch. He's got his flaws.

But when you have a situation where you have a person constantly, by insinuation, questioning your approach or what's 'right'.. well then that person had made your decision for you.

It's not a prick fight or popularity contest. It's just business. Russ has no issue applying that model to his benefit. I think the Hawks have tolerated enough if these latest reports are true and need to do the same.

And if anything, Russ this year has shown he has no issue pushing back on Pete. And from where I sit, Pete has been way too soft on Russ. Russ sees it. Past Hawks locker rooms have seen it. And this lockerroom no doubt sees it. It will become a much larger issue if it continues.

I have been joking that Pete sold his soul to Russ. Pete over estimated his ability to manage ego, he was sucked in by Russ's on field skill, and off field vulnerabilities. Pete mistakenly thought that by helping Russ with his off field emotional vulnerabilities,, he will be rewarded with on field prowess.

Unknowingly, Pete created Mr. Unlimited, Russ is Pete's HAL, and this HAL also could not accept evidence of his own fallibility. I won't be surprise when Pete asked Russ to stay, Russ would echo HAL with "this mission is too important to me to allow you to jeopardize it". When pushed again by Pete, "I am sorry Pete, I am afraid I can't do that".

330px-HAL9000.svg.png

That . Is. Classic. And so on the money.

John63

Reaction score
And the conjecture, fake news, made up crap continues by the same people.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":28u4kgnx said:
toffee":28u4kgnx said:
keasley45":28u4kgnx said:
GemCity":28u4kgnx said:
Damn bruh…you went in on Pete.

It doesn't matter whether it's Pete, or any other coach trying to maintain control of an entire team.

What I said isn't cosigning on everything Pete does by any stretch. He's got his flaws.

But when you have a situation where you have a person constantly, by insinuation, questioning your approach or what's 'right'.. well then that person had made your decision for you.

It's not a prick fight or popularity contest. It's just business. Russ has no issue applying that model to his benefit. I think the Hawks have tolerated enough if these latest reports are true and need to do the same.

And if anything, Russ this year has shown he has no issue pushing back on Pete. And from where I sit, Pete has been way too soft on Russ. Russ sees it. Past Hawks locker rooms have seen it. And this lockerroom no doubt sees it. It will become a much larger issue if it continues.

I have been joking that Pete sold his soul to Russ. Pete over estimated his ability to manage ego, he was sucked in by Russ's on field skill, and off field vulnerabilities. Pete mistakenly thought that by helping Russ with his off field emotional vulnerabilities,, he will be rewarded with on field prowess.

Unknowingly, Pete created Mr. Unlimited, Russ is Pete's HAL, and this HAL also could not accept evidence of his own fallibility. I won't be surprise when Pete asked Russ to stay, Russ would echo HAL with "this mission is too important to me to allow you to jeopardize it". When pushed again by Pete, "I am sorry Pete, I am afraid I can't do that".

330px-HAL9000.svg.png

That . Is. Classic. And so on the money.

Why I advocated trading Russ last off-season, LOL, you sir must be around my age. HAL is unknown to younger generations.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
nwHawk":1k0jka9h said:
John63":1k0jka9h said:
Oh and here just for you

"But that headline and discussion may have obscured some facts detailed in the story and known to be true — Wilson has not requested a trade. And in Rapoport’s on-air version of the report, he noted that Wilson wants to explore his options “in case the Seahawks would like to trade him or would trade him.”

There is zero evidence that the Seahawks would like to trade Wilson or “would trade him.””

Enough said

So what you’re saying is that Russ is making up a trade me story for his benefit…? Man your love for Russ is off the charts!
Love is blind...

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":2jag4jwk said:

I get that it's not an easy thing to accept, but it's been talked about for years and in more than these articles.

He's been over-protected by Pete. Former players not .net members, have said as much. He's not been held accountable.

And if it's true that the performance of the offense over the last several weeks was an amalgamation of RW / PC / SW, than why is it that one of these kids is (still) doing his own thing.

Why? Because Russ wants to do Russ and what we saw whike we were winning to close out the season, is not what Russ wants.

He's ridden the kindness of Pete for years, and now when it's blatantly obvious that RW working within the scope of the offense is the best way for the team to win, ( assuming the reports are true ) he still wants to bolt to make his fortune playing Brady ball.

And there are similar critiques from his NC state days.

https://theathletic-com.cdn.ampproject. ... eahawks%2F

https://www-businessinsider-com.cdn.amp ... wks-2017-5

https://nflmocks-com.cdn.ampproject.org ... ollapse%2F

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":2csxcl1i said:

Coming from the proliferator of reports that 'Pete told Waldron to stop being so good' or that 'Pete forbids Russ to throw across the middle '. Or that Pete meddled and pulled the plug on anything creative Schotty was doing.

Zero real evidence of that in 2 years, but that's not fake news, made up crap, etc, etc, etc.

I cannot wait for this situation to resolve itself, however it happens.

BASF

Reaction score
keasley45":3mwu1pbv said:
John63":3mwu1pbv said:

Coming from the proliferator of reports that 'Pete told Waldron to stop being so good' or that 'Pete forbids Russ to throw across the middle '. Or that Pete meddled and pulled the plug on anything creative Schotty was doing.

Zero real evidence of that in 2 years, but that's not fake news, made up crap, etc, etc, etc.

I cannot wait for this situation to resolve itself, however it happens.

If Russ goes, we will at least lose some of these posters.

hoxrox

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":n06sc9d2 said:
You know what, at this point, i'm not sure Wilson isnt doing this on purpose. The Titans game is when Pete neutered the offense again, so maybe Russ is taking the 'Screw It' attitude and just doing what he wants. Somewhat rebelling if you would. Dudes probably tired of having to win games in the 4th quarter all the time under Petes antiquated and tired philosophy.

You're still pushing this false, and frankly lame narrative?

We lost the Titans game because of hero ball, not because of "Pete Ball"

"Pete Ball" would have checked it down to the open man - on multiple occasions in the 4th quarter and overtime.

With regards to the OP, this is nothing more than Mark Rogers trying to maximize Russell's next contract.

keasley45

Reaction score
hoxrox":1e0u4j5u said:
pittpnthrs":1e0u4j5u said:
You know what, at this point, i'm not sure Wilson isnt doing this on purpose. The Titans game is when Pete neutered the offense again, so maybe Russ is taking the 'Screw It' attitude and just doing what he wants. Somewhat rebelling if you would. Dudes probably tired of having to win games in the 4th quarter all the time under Petes antiquated and tired philosophy.

You're still pushing this false, and frankly lame narrative?

We lost the Titans game because of hero ball, not because of "Pete Ball"

"Pete Ball" would have checked it down to the open man - on multiple occasions in the 4th quarter and overtime.

With regards to the OP, this is nothing more than Mark Rogers trying to maximize Russell's next contract.

Bingo

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":2sc8amuv said:
It's not a leader's job to defeat hubris or arrogance. I can tell you from the experience of running company's for 20 years and speaking on the subject of leadership, that if you have someone on your team that feels that they are above everyone else and are operating outside the mission and vision the rest of the team has bought into, you let them go.

The assumption of course is that you have, solid, respected leadedship, a healthy company and positive message, open door communication and positive moral.

Keeping a personality like that around regardless of talent, undermines moral, the effectiveness of leaderships message, and pushes any staff that you have that might be harder sells, into a potentially negative place.

Just my 2 cents.

I totally see your point. and I made the same point a while ago. When a player reaches that point of arrogance your absolutely right, he needs to go.

But I'm not convinced Wilson is at that point. If he was then we would not have seen him buy into the O the last few games of a LOSING season, at least that's what I saw out of the last few games.

The other point I have is Carroll is the ultimate pro at dealing with ALPHA males. He knows how to move and shake these guys. I' mean look at what he has going in this locker room. It's not like there is a lack of leadership in this locker room at ANY point. although we don't really know if there is conflict in the locker room. I have a hard time seeing guys like Wagner, Diggs and Adams as well Dwain Brown letting Wilson go on an ego wagon ride without confronting it.

All these guys want to win and all of these guys are invested, what goes on with the leadership of this team (meaning players) is every bit as important as what Pete Carroll has to say. The biggest complement a player gets is NOT from the media or fans, it's from a player's peers.... respect is huge in the Seahawk locker room. And I'm 100 % sure that Carroll rides that all the way to the bank... So, this to me is a huge factor

So obviously we will have to wait and see and watch it play out, but I am not convinced Wilson is at that point yet and If he is, your right he needs to go. we will find out soon enough.

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
LTH":1b5fk4x2 said:
keasley45":1b5fk4x2 said:

Just my 2 cents.

I totally see your point. and I made the same point a while ago. When a player reaches that point of arrogance your absolutely right, he needs to go.

But I'm not convinced Wilson is at that point. If he was then we would not have seen him buy into the O the last few games of a LOSING season, at least that's what I saw out of the last few games.

The other point I have is Carroll is the ultimate pro at dealing with ALPHA males. He knows how to move and shake these guys. I' mean look at what he has going in this locker room. It's not like there is a lack of leadership in this locker room at ANY point. although we don't really know if there is conflict in the locker room. I have a hard time seeing guys like Wagner, Diggs and Adams as well Dwain Brown letting Wilson go on an ego wagon ride without confronting it.

All these guys want to win and all of these guys are invested, what goes on with the leadership of this team (meaning players) is every bit as important as what Pete Carroll has to say. The biggest complement a player gets is NOT from the media or fans, it's from a player's peers.... respect is huge in the Seahawk locker room. And I'm 100 % sure that Carroll rides that all the way to the bank... So, this to me is a huge factor

So obviously we will have to wait and see and watch it play out, but I am not convinced Wilson is at that point yet and If he is, your right he needs to go. we will find out soon enough.

LTH

LTH, I appreciate the time you take to make your points and the way you go about negotiating disagreement.

Class act, bro. I appreciate your contributions. Just wanted to say that.

Jville

Reaction score
keasley45":2wnmet9t said:
LTH":2wnmet9t said:
keasley45":2wnmet9t said:

Just my 2 cents.

LTH

LTH, I appreciate the time you take to make your points and the way you go about negotiating disagreement.

Class act, bro. I appreciate your contributions. Just wanted to say that.

I would like to commend both of you for demonstrating a series of civil and respectful discussions. The two of you set a most appreciated example of how forum discourse should be conducted. Class forum members. Both of you.

djb28

Reaction score
Don't lie and say you want to stay in Seattle. Its your home and blah blah blah, then turn around and say you want to explore options, Be gone already.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":3i6atqz1 said:
keasley45":3i6atqz1 said:

Just my 2 cents.

LTH

I have to disagree with you LTH, You said: " The biggest complement a player gets is NOT from the media or fans, it's from a player's peers". Not sure that's the deal with Angry, but only QB he thanked at his retirement was tjax. Pete may be the ultimate pro at dealing alpha males, but our Russ's complex, and Pete has been managed by Russ. With that, Pete cleanse the team for Russ, bye LOB, bye Wilson critiques. Remember we never had a backup QB that could push Russ, even Montana had Young, and Pete worked and learned from Walsh.

A lot of weirdness, totally not Pete Carroll like at all. I joked earlier that Russ is Pete's HAL 9000, remember Dave thought he had control of the system until Hal said: "This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."

kf3339

Reaction score
LTH":40ekej5s said:
keasley45":40ekej5s said:

Just my 2 cents.

LTH

I agree that both of your statements make sense to me. While I lean more towards Keasley45 as a businessman who has run mulitple companies myself, I do believe that there may be a disconnect between what the comments say and RW's own true feelings. It's hard to say right now.

I just hope this doesn't become another drama for the entire off-season again. That doesn't help anyone.

John63

Reaction score
djb28":3vmvwiba said:
Don't lie and say you want to stay in Seattle. Its your home and blah blah blah, then turn around and say you want to explore options, Be gone already.

He did not say that.try reading the whole thing. He said if Seattle is looking to trade him he wants to explore other options. Obviously all the talk about Seattle supposedly shipping has him wondering too.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":1vupev4c said:
keasley45":1vupev4c said:
toffee":1vupev4c said:
I don't see any trade happening no matter what Russ' camp says. Trade didn't happen last off-season for two reasons, the offers wasn't that good, and Pete wasn't ready to let Russ go. Do you see market for Wilson better this off-season than last one? I don't. Would Pete be more ready to let Russ go? Are there QBs in FA ready to step in be that Peteball game manager? I couldn't think of any.

Russ isn't going anywhere.

So the alternative is that you keep a guy here who is more concerned about his offense scoring points than he is necessarily playing a style that is conducive to winning, but not his numbers. We saw that disconnect last year.

The FO gets criticized for a square peg, round hole mentality, but what they are confronted with is exactly that. The ethos in Seattle is run pass balance, force mistakes and make few, intimidate with defense and the run, and pass to move the chains and hit the explosive play. Russ wants the stats and the offense that Brady and Rodgers have, without recognizing in himself that his game is not their's. I for one don't want the team hamstrung again by another offseason of antics and a 2022 full of BS post game pressers with the qb defending dumb decisions.

I love Russ, still want to get my jersey signed by him, and am thankful for everything he did here. But I'm more frustrated every year by the plays we leave on the field each week and the wins that become losses because the QB wont, or cant do what he should to elevate his game to be able to address his weaknesses.

AND I'm a seahawks fan first and above all, so if he doesn't want to be in blue and green, then so be it. Best of luck. I'd frankly rather suck than be strung along by prideful bullsh!t.

Was seriously hopeful that the last few games of the year and frankly how woefully inconsistent the offense was even before his injury would have changed his outlook. So be it.

I agree with what you are saying but the thing is, It's Pete's job to help Wilson find the balance between his stats and winning in the system. It's NOT the system that's holding Wilson back as you know. It's the realization that if he just buys in completely, Like I think he has done late this year, that the stats will come with the championships. The buy in is the key and it's Carrolls job to sell it. I really don't think Wilson moving on is as much as an issue as the media has made it out to be. I guess we will see what happens, but I think it's a non-issue at this point

I think that it won't matter where Wilson goes, he is eventually going to find himself in the same situation finding the balance between stats and winning.

The thing is, the grass isn't greener on the other side necessarily, I think it would be a huge mistake for Wilson to move on because he is used to the culture of this franchise, which is vastly different than other franchises and i think a lot of players move on for different reasons money, a starting job or for whatever reason, I think they mostly regret not staying because of the culture in this franchise is so unique in nature. Then after they realize they have made a huge mistake and realize that the culture is worth the million they got extra it's not possible to get back hence Sherman.

I think Penny should just sign for what the Hawks are going to give him. I think he is a perfect example because most coaches would have given up on him a long time ago but because of the culture in the franchise Penny was able to rehab and grow in an environment that was contusive to his success and in my mind that's gold if you're a player and to not recognize that is just an oversight that could be devastating to the successful development of a special player who might not ever get a second or third chance at finding his potential greatness.

I think if Wilson should really evaluate honestly before making any rash choices. But again, while i think there has been an issue that might have involved Schotty and might even have had something to do with him being fired, I think there is no way possible that Carroll is going to let this get out of hand as Wilson is his best chance, hands down, of getting to the promised land... I would be completely and totally shocked if Wilson goes anywhere for the rest of his time with Carroll... now after carroll is gone that is a different story...

I think at this point it's just a hyperbole media thing.

Thats just my take

LTH
It's not his job to balance stats and winning. His job is to win games, period. If the QB or anyone else on the team is more worried about 'how' they win games, they should be moved along

John63

Reaction score
Lol some you act like u really know what going on. News flash you have no clue. But please keep acting like you do. It's hilarious.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":t2kg4e8v said:
Maelstrom787":t2kg4e8v said:
John63":t2kg4e8v said:
Maelstrom787":t2kg4e8v said:
For a third time - if the rumors are a full fabrication by the media for clicks, why is the same technique not being applied to all other star players?

for the third time Does not matter again unless you have a quote from Wilson or PC you don't have anything again. Oh and FYI There have been write-ups about Rodegs all season as well.

For a fourth time - if the rumors are a full fabrication by the media for clicks, why is the same technique not being applied to all other star players?

Also, Rodgers situation is not the same, as he openly disliked his organization.

for the fourth time it does not matter, where is the proof this came from Wilson or PC? and also amazing you ask for an example I give one and you come up with an excuse why it does not count. SO why woudl I bother you will just come up with excuses.

So my answer find a quote from PC or Wilson saying he want wot explore other options|. Until then you donr have anything.

Oh and here just for you

"But that headline and discussion may have obscured some facts detailed in the story and known to be true — Wilson has not requested a trade. And in Rapoport’s on-air version of the report, he noted that Wilson wants to explore his options “in case the Seahawks would like to trade him or would trade him.”

There is zero evidence that the Seahawks would like to trade Wilson or “would trade him.”"

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...russell-wilson-report-means-for-the-seahawks/

Enough said

Attempt 5 at getting an actual answer to this question - if the rumors are a full fabrication by the media for clicks, why is the same technique not being applied to all other star players?

LTH

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3q92dpzq said:
LTH":3q92dpzq said:
keasley45":3q92dpzq said:
toffee":3q92dpzq said:
I don't see any trade happening no matter what Russ' camp says. Trade didn't happen last off-season for two reasons, the offers wasn't that good, and Pete wasn't ready to let Russ go. Do you see market for Wilson better this off-season than last one? I don't. Would Pete be more ready to let Russ go? Are there QBs in FA ready to step in be that Peteball game manager? I couldn't think of any.

Russ isn't going anywhere.

So the alternative is that you keep a guy here who is more concerned about his offense scoring points than he is necessarily playing a style that is conducive to winning, but not his numbers. We saw that disconnect last year.

The FO gets criticized for a square peg, round hole mentality, but what they are confronted with is exactly that. The ethos in Seattle is run pass balance, force mistakes and make few, intimidate with defense and the run, and pass to move the chains and hit the explosive play. Russ wants the stats and the offense that Brady and Rodgers have, without recognizing in himself that his game is not their's. I for one don't want the team hamstrung again by another offseason of antics and a 2022 full of BS post game pressers with the qb defending dumb decisions.

I love Russ, still want to get my jersey signed by him, and am thankful for everything he did here. But I'm more frustrated every year by the plays we leave on the field each week and the wins that become losses because the QB wont, or cant do what he should to elevate his game to be able to address his weaknesses.

AND I'm a seahawks fan first and above all, so if he doesn't want to be in blue and green, then so be it. Best of luck. I'd frankly rather suck than be strung along by prideful bullsh!t.

Was seriously hopeful that the last few games of the year and frankly how woefully inconsistent the offense was even before his injury would have changed his outlook. So be it.

I agree with what you are saying but the thing is, It's Pete's job to help Wilson find the balance between his stats and winning in the system. It's NOT the system that's holding Wilson back as you know. It's the realization that if he just buys in completely, Like I think he has done late this year, that the stats will come with the championships. The buy in is the key and it's Carrolls job to sell it. I really don't think Wilson moving on is as much as an issue as the media has made it out to be. I guess we will see what happens, but I think it's a non-issue at this point

I think that it won't matter where Wilson goes, he is eventually going to find himself in the same situation finding the balance between stats and winning.

The thing is, the grass isn't greener on the other side necessarily, I think it would be a huge mistake for Wilson to move on because he is used to the culture of this franchise, which is vastly different than other franchises and i think a lot of players move on for different reasons money, a starting job or for whatever reason, I think they mostly regret not staying because of the culture in this franchise is so unique in nature. Then after they realize they have made a huge mistake and realize that the culture is worth the million they got extra it's not possible to get back hence Sherman.

I think Penny should just sign for what the Hawks are going to give him. I think he is a perfect example because most coaches would have given up on him a long time ago but because of the culture in the franchise Penny was able to rehab and grow in an environment that was contusive to his success and in my mind that's gold if you're a player and to not recognize that is just an oversight that could be devastating to the successful development of a special player who might not ever get a second or third chance at finding his potential greatness.

I think if Wilson should really evaluate honestly before making any rash choices. But again, while i think there has been an issue that might have involved Schotty and might even have had something to do with him being fired, I think there is no way possible that Carroll is going to let this get out of hand as Wilson is his best chance, hands down, of getting to the promised land... I would be completely and totally shocked if Wilson goes anywhere for the rest of his time with Carroll... now after carroll is gone that is a different story...

I think at this point it's just a hyperbole media thing.

Thats just my take

LTH
It's not his job to balance stats and winning. His job is to win games, period. If the QB or anyone else on the team is more worried about 'how' they win games, they should be moved along

You said

"It's not his job to balance stats and winning."

Think about that for a minute... and get back to me.

It's clear that you didn't read the thread because I'm not debating if there is a problem, I'm saying in short that the locker room and Carroll will fix it...already indication of that from the past few games. I'm not saying that I know whats going on because as john said nobody really knows . It's just what it looks like to me.

LTH