Russell Wilson: Report says he wants to explore options with

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":2hrirrvh said:
LTH":2hrirrvh said:
keasley45":2hrirrvh said:
It's not a leader's job to defeat hubris or arrogance. I can tell you from the experience of running company's for 20 years and speaking on the subject of leadership, that if you have someone on your team that feels that they are above everyone else and are operating outside the mission and vision the rest of the team has bought into, you let them go.

The assumption of course is that you have, solid, respected leadedship, a healthy company and positive message, open door communication and positive moral.

Keeping a personality like that around regardless of talent, undermines moral, the effectiveness of leaderships message, and pushes any staff that you have that might be harder sells, into a potentially negative place.

How can you March out into 2022 with the same disconnect that plagued 21.

Just my 2 cents.

I totally see your point. and I made the same point a while ago. When a player reaches that point of arrogance your absolutely right, he needs to go.

But I'm not convinced Wilson is at that point. If he was then we would not have seen him buy into the O the last few games of a LOSING season, at least that's what I saw out of the last few games.

The other point I have is Carroll is the ultimate pro at dealing with ALPHA males. He knows how to move and shake these guys. I' mean look at what he has going in this locker room. It's not like there is a lack of leadership in this locker room at ANY point. although we don't really know if there is conflict in the locker room. I have a hard time seeing guys like Wagner, Diggs and Adams as well Dwain Brown letting Wilson go on an ego wagon ride without confronting it.

All these guys want to win and all of these guys are invested, what goes on with the leadership of this team (meaning players) is every bit as important as what Pete Carroll has to say. The biggest complement a player gets is NOT from the media or fans, it's from a player's peers.... respect is huge in the Seahawk locker room. And I'm 100 % sure that Carroll rides that all the way to the bank... So, this to me is a huge factor

So obviously we will have to wait and see and watch it play out, but I am not convinced Wilson is at that point yet and If he is, your right he needs to go. we will find out soon enough.

LTH

LTH, I appreciate the time you take to make your points and the way you go about negotiating disagreement.

Class act, bro. I appreciate your contributions. Just wanted to say that.

Thanks man...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":1a4fommx said:
LTH":1a4fommx said:
keasley45":1a4fommx said:
It's not a leader's job to defeat hubris or arrogance. I can tell you from the experience of running company's for 20 years and speaking on the subject of leadership, that if you have someone on your team that feels that they are above everyone else and are operating outside the mission and vision the rest of the team has bought into, you let them go.

The assumption of course is that you have, solid, respected leadedship, a healthy company and positive message, open door communication and positive moral.

Keeping a personality like that around regardless of talent, undermines moral, the effectiveness of leaderships message, and pushes any staff that you have that might be harder sells, into a potentially negative place.

Just my 2 cents.

I totally see your point. and I made the same point a while ago. When a player reaches that point of arrogance your absolutely right, he needs to go.

But I'm not convinced Wilson is at that point. If he was then we would not have seen him buy into the O the last few games of a LOSING season, at least that's what I saw out of the last few games.

The other point I have is Carroll is the ultimate pro at dealing with ALPHA males. He knows how to move and shake these guys. I' mean look at what he has going in this locker room. It's not like there is a lack of leadership in this locker room at ANY point. although we don't really know if there is conflict in the locker room. I have a hard time seeing guys like Wagner, Diggs and Adams as well Dwain Brown letting Wilson go on an ego wagon ride without confronting it.

All these guys want to win and all of these guys are invested, what goes on with the leadership of this team (meaning players) is every bit as important as what Pete Carroll has to say. The biggest complement a player gets is NOT from the media or fans, it's from a player's peers.... respect is huge in the Seahawk locker room. And I'm 100 % sure that Carroll rides that all the way to the bank... So, this to me is a huge factor

So obviously we will have to wait and see and watch it play out, but I am not convinced Wilson is at that point yet and If he is, your right he needs to go. we will find out soon enough.

LTH

I have to disagree with you LTH, You said: " The biggest complement a player gets is NOT from the media or fans, it's from a player's peers". Not sure that's the deal with Angry, but only QB he thanked at his retirement was tjax. Pete may be the ultimate pro at dealing alpha males, but our Russ's complex, and Pete has been managed by Russ. With that, Pete cleanse the team for Russ, bye LOB, bye Wilson critiques. Remember we never had a backup QB that could push Russ, even Montana had Young, and Pete worked and learned from Walsh.

A lot of weirdness, totally not Pete Carroll like at all. I joked earlier that Russ is Pete's HAL 9000, remember Dave thought he had control of the system until Hal said: "This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."

Like I said dude... I don't know if I'm right. It's just what it looks like from my perspective. I hope I am right because I like Wilson I like the magic he brings. but like somebody said I sure don't want to ride out a bad thing for another year so if I am wrong then I hope they do trade Wilson. Just have to see how it plays out.

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
LTH":3da6582y said:
keasley45":3da6582y said:
LTH":3da6582y said:
keasley45":3da6582y said:

Just my 2 cents.

LTH

LTH, I appreciate the time you take to make your points and the way you go about negotiating disagreement.

Class act, bro. I appreciate your contributions. Just wanted to say that.

Thanks man...

LTH

The other thing is Keasley, I don't totally disagree with you. Just part of it. I think where we disagree is that it sounds like your done with Wilson to a point, I still think there is a chance.

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
kf3339":1dqv1hq0 said:
LTH":1dqv1hq0 said:
keasley45":1dqv1hq0 said:

Just my 2 cents.

LTH

I agree that both of your statements make sense to me. While I lean more towards Keasley45 as a businessman who has run mulitple companies myself, I do believe that there may be a disconnect between what the comments say and RW's own true feelings. It's hard to say right now.

I just hope this doesn't become another drama for the entire off-season again. That doesn't help anyone.

Sometime look at Carroll's end of the year PC. Listen to how he takes care of his players, how methodical he is in his approach to managing the outlook of his players attitudes and how he is absolutely invested in making sure the needs of his players are met to the best of his ability, so that they can focus on the one thing that propels the whole team and that is focusing on being the very best without any other distractions.

Then go to the seahawk web site and look and see who Carroll has employed in support of his players. Look at the list of psychologists and that sort of thing. Thats why I have a really hard time believing that Carroll is not going to find a way to fix this if he can. because letting Russ go is NOT in his best interest that is, until it is... I have a hard time believing Carroll would let an ego issue unravel his team because in reality it's all about focused ego and that is where Carroll shines in his management... at least that is my perception of it...

LTH

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":n36soa4z said:
OrangeGravy":n36soa4z said:
LTH":n36soa4z said:
keasley45":n36soa4z said:
So the alternative is that you keep a guy here who is more concerned about his offense scoring points than he is necessarily playing a style that is conducive to winning, but not his numbers. We saw that disconnect last year.

The FO gets criticized for a square peg, round hole mentality, but what they are confronted with is exactly that. The ethos in Seattle is run pass balance, force mistakes and make few, intimidate with defense and the run, and pass to move the chains and hit the explosive play. Russ wants the stats and the offense that Brady and Rodgers have, without recognizing in himself that his game is not their's. I for one don't want the team hamstrung again by another offseason of antics and a 2022 full of BS post game pressers with the qb defending dumb decisions.

I love Russ, still want to get my jersey signed by him, and am thankful for everything he did here. But I'm more frustrated every year by the plays we leave on the field each week and the wins that become losses because the QB wont, or cant do what he should to elevate his game to be able to address his weaknesses.

AND I'm a seahawks fan first and above all, so if he doesn't want to be in blue and green, then so be it. Best of luck. I'd frankly rather suck than be strung along by prideful bullsh!t.

Was seriously hopeful that the last few games of the year and frankly how woefully inconsistent the offense was even before his injury would have changed his outlook. So be it.

I agree with what you are saying but the thing is, It's Pete's job to help Wilson find the balance between his stats and winning in the system. It's NOT the system that's holding Wilson back as you know. It's the realization that if he just buys in completely, Like I think he has done late this year, that the stats will come with the championships. The buy in is the key and it's Carrolls job to sell it. I really don't think Wilson moving on is as much as an issue as the media has made it out to be. I guess we will see what happens, but I think it's a non-issue at this point

I think that it won't matter where Wilson goes, he is eventually going to find himself in the same situation finding the balance between stats and winning.

The thing is, the grass isn't greener on the other side necessarily, I think it would be a huge mistake for Wilson to move on because he is used to the culture of this franchise, which is vastly different than other franchises and i think a lot of players move on for different reasons money, a starting job or for whatever reason, I think they mostly regret not staying because of the culture in this franchise is so unique in nature. Then after they realize they have made a huge mistake and realize that the culture is worth the million they got extra it's not possible to get back hence Sherman.

I think Penny should just sign for what the Hawks are going to give him. I think he is a perfect example because most coaches would have given up on him a long time ago but because of the culture in the franchise Penny was able to rehab and grow in an environment that was contusive to his success and in my mind that's gold if you're a player and to not recognize that is just an oversight that could be devastating to the successful development of a special player who might not ever get a second or third chance at finding his potential greatness.

I think if Wilson should really evaluate honestly before making any rash choices. But again, while i think there has been an issue that might have involved Schotty and might even have had something to do with him being fired, I think there is no way possible that Carroll is going to let this get out of hand as Wilson is his best chance, hands down, of getting to the promised land... I would be completely and totally shocked if Wilson goes anywhere for the rest of his time with Carroll... now after carroll is gone that is a different story...

I think at this point it's just a hyperbole media thing.

Thats just my take

LTH
It's not his job to balance stats and winning. His job is to win games, period. If the QB or anyone else on the team is more worried about 'how' they win games, they should be moved along

You said

"It's not his job to balance stats and winning."

Think about that for a minute... and get back to me.

It's clear that you didn't read the thread because I'm not debating if there is a problem, I'm saying in short that the locker room and Carroll will fix it...already indication of that from the past few games. I'm not saying that I know whats going on because as john said nobody really knows . It's just what it looks like to me.

LTH
Its not his job to play psychologist to Russell so he'll accept winning over stats either. He may choose to attempt to, which I'm sure he has on more than one occasion. You can only spend so much time and energy trying to win someone over who is seemingly rowing in the opposite direction of the team before you're better off without them no matter who replaces them

Elemas

Reaction score
The article is clickbait…”…those close to Wilson”?? Who is “those”? Explore options..,yah, every team in the league explores options. If Tampa could get Deshaun Watson (let’s say he is innocent..,ahem…), they’d explore that option.

Wtf…you guys will believe anything. When you have the caliber team and coach such as Seattle, rumors are going to fly if you underachieve. I get it.

But, this team with a few improvements here and there (mostly, both sides of the line) are going to do damage.

I pray we take it all next year. Not just because I think we can and not just because it’s truly special to see your team win it (Cincy just made there first playoff in damn near 30 years) but also so each of you can take your foot out of your mouths and shove it right up your spinchters.

If these fans would get off the Russ hate and understand just how lucky we are…man…good vibes. Dak costs more than Russ. Wanna trade? He made it to the playoffs too. First round exit…meh or wait,,,we’re talking Bridgewater, Fields, or Carr. Sounds great…really. That would be the fastest descent into the bottom of the bucket.

LTH

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":g1ac8clz said:
LTH":g1ac8clz said:
OrangeGravy":g1ac8clz said:
LTH":g1ac8clz said:
I agree with what you are saying but the thing is, It's Pete's job to help Wilson find the balance between his stats and winning in the system. It's NOT the system that's holding Wilson back as you know. It's the realization that if he just buys in completely, Like I think he has done late this year, that the stats will come with the championships. The buy in is the key and it's Carrolls job to sell it. I really don't think Wilson moving on is as much as an issue as the media has made it out to be. I guess we will see what happens, but I think it's a non-issue at this point

I think that it won't matter where Wilson goes, he is eventually going to find himself in the same situation finding the balance between stats and winning.

The thing is, the grass isn't greener on the other side necessarily, I think it would be a huge mistake for Wilson to move on because he is used to the culture of this franchise, which is vastly different than other franchises and i think a lot of players move on for different reasons money, a starting job or for whatever reason, I think they mostly regret not staying because of the culture in this franchise is so unique in nature. Then after they realize they have made a huge mistake and realize that the culture is worth the million they got extra it's not possible to get back hence Sherman.

I think Penny should just sign for what the Hawks are going to give him. I think he is a perfect example because most coaches would have given up on him a long time ago but because of the culture in the franchise Penny was able to rehab and grow in an environment that was contusive to his success and in my mind that's gold if you're a player and to not recognize that is just an oversight that could be devastating to the successful development of a special player who might not ever get a second or third chance at finding his potential greatness.

I think if Wilson should really evaluate honestly before making any rash choices. But again, while i think there has been an issue that might have involved Schotty and might even have had something to do with him being fired, I think there is no way possible that Carroll is going to let this get out of hand as Wilson is his best chance, hands down, of getting to the promised land... I would be completely and totally shocked if Wilson goes anywhere for the rest of his time with Carroll... now after carroll is gone that is a different story...

I think at this point it's just a hyperbole media thing.

Thats just my take

LTH
It's not his job to balance stats and winning. His job is to win games, period. If the QB or anyone else on the team is more worried about 'how' they win games, they should be moved along

You said

It's clear that you didn't read the thread because I'm not debating if there is a problem, I'm saying in short that the locker room and Carroll will fix it...already indication of that from the past few games. I'm not saying that I know whats going on because as john said nobody really knows . It's just what it looks like to me.

LTH
Its not his job to play psychologist to Russell so he'll accept winning over stats either. He may choose to attempt to, which I'm sure he has on more than one occasion. You can only spend so much time and energy trying to win someone over who is seemingly rowing in the opposite direction of the team before you're better off without them no matter who replaces them

If you know anything about the Seahawk organization that is EXACTLY what separates Pete Carroll from every other coach is the way he takes care of and supports his players. He puts them into position to thinking of nothing else but getting better.

Maybe Russ has reached that point with Carroll I don't know but if you listen to what Carroll is saying and to what Russ is saying and even the team is saying, It is drastically different from what the media is saying or at least from what the national media is saying...

The premise of what you're saying is correct, but we don't know if Carroll is done with Russ or if Russ wants out. so, it boils down to who do you believe the national media or the local media guys like Bell who says this is ridiculous and if you believe what Carroll and Russ say.

Just have to wait and see how it plays out. maybe your right, but not from my perspective

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hoxrox":1aq50r3c said:
We lost the Titans game because of hero ball, not because of "Pete Ball"

The Titans game was lost because the pathetic defense gave up 500 yards and couldnt stop them at any point.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":1ntim0tl said:
OrangeGravy":1ntim0tl said:
LTH":1ntim0tl said:
OrangeGravy":1ntim0tl said:

You said

LTH

If you know anything about the Seahawk organization that is EXACTLY what separates Pete Carroll from every other coach is the way he takes care of and supports his players. He puts them into position to thinking of nothing else but getting better.

Maybe Russ has reached that point with Carroll I don't know but if you listen to what Carroll is saying and to what Russ is saying and even the team is saying, It is drastically different from what the media is saying or at least from what the national media is saying...

The premise of what you're saying is correct, but we don't know if Carroll is done with Russ or if Russ wants out. so, it boils down to who do you believe the national media or the local media guys like Bell who says this is ridiculous and if you believe what Carroll and Russ say.

Just have to wait and see how it plays out. maybe your right, but not from my perspective

LTH

I don't think any of the talk means anything. Mainly because I don’t think Russell has the stones to sit out and/or demand a trade straight out. If I had to put money on why he and his people keep playing this game, I'd bet it's about 95% to keep Russell's name at the front of the NFL world's minds and to keep control of any possible narrative concerning Russell. It's a great way to inflate your player's perceived value and a great distraction from his actually play on the field if you're an agent slash marketing team slash budding hopeful empire

xray

Reaction score
Truth , rumors, or straight up BS . Wilson loves the attention any way it gets served up .

JBPAC

Reaction score
We all knew this would start up again! Russell and Agent could not wait until after the SB they had to start rumors so Russell is staying relevant in the media. My question is RW says he wants to explore options what does that exactly mean? Is he allowed to meet with other teams and discuss what they can or would be willing to trade for him and I am pretty sure any of these interested teams need to ask the Hawks for permission to do so. I don’t think they can even speak to him or his agent without that considered tampering although the Rams/ McVey just happened to be in Mexico at the same resort same restaurant as Stafford was and they had a friendly chat over dinner and the next thing you know Stafford is a Lam no tampering whatsoever. If Russell wants to explore options does he need to provide a list of teams once again or do the Hawks just let him go shop his bullshit to any and all teams until his wife chooses where she wants to go?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":23huv4v8 said:
LTH":23huv4v8 said:
OrangeGravy":23huv4v8 said:
LTH":23huv4v8 said:
You said

LTH

LTH

I don't think any of the talk means anything. Mainly because I don’t think Russell has the stones to sit out and/or demand a trade straight out. If I had to put money on why he and his people keep playing this game, I'd bet it's about 95% to keep Russell's name at the front of the NFL world's minds and to keep control of any possible narrative concerning Russell. It's a great way to inflate your player's perceived value and a great distraction from his actually play on the field if you're an agent slash marketing team slash budding hopeful empire

Unlimited, that covers the stones also, as unlimited stones.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jfb33":v4okz5l1 said:
We all knew this would start up again! Russell and Agent could not wait until after the SB they had to start rumors so Russell is staying relevant in the media. My question is RW says he wants to explore options what does that exactly mean?

It doesn't mean anything, other than another year and another example of how bad Russell and Mark Rodgers are at this. It also explains why Russell is Mark Rodgers only NFL client, he's terrible.

Russell's options after he's done exploring are:

1. Show up to training camp and fulfill his contract playing for the Seahawks in 2022 to collect his insane paychecks.

2. Demand a trade and hold out and start missing 3M a game checks.

I'd put the odds at #2 happening at less than 1%. Russell doesn't want that kind of smoke, he's not wired like this.

This is nothing more than Russell and his agent thinking they're doing something positive for Russ's career by keeping him relevant in the media so Russell can sit on his couch watching playoff games and hear his name.

So dumb. Dude had his worst year of his career. If there was an off season he needed to just shut up and focus on getting better for the team that's done nothing but stick by him and defend him. This was the year.

But no, he couldn't do that.

John63

Reaction score
"But that headline and discussion may have obscured some facts detailed in the story and known to be true — Wilson has not requested a trade. And in Rapoport’s on-air version of the report, he noted that Wilson wants to explore his options “in case the Seahawks would like to trade him or would trade him.”

There is zero evidence that the Seahawks would like to trade Wilson or “would trade him.”"

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...russell-wilson-report-means-for-the-seahawks/

like I said Rapports was clickbait nothing more or less.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Since we’re all speculating about Russell… maybe Russell wanting out is why DK seemed to be annoyed and why there was friction between the two? Maybe he’s known this entire time hence why when he was asked he was more offended and defensive about wanting an extension and staying in Seattle.
(Speculations only! Lol )

And hate on Geno… but him and Geno looked better than him and Russ… “shrug” so imma say Height definitely plays into Russell’s issues a lot.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hw0deay said:
Jfb33":3hw0deay said:
We all knew this would start up again! Russell and Agent could not wait until after the SB they had to start rumors so Russell is staying relevant in the media. My question is RW says he wants to explore options what does that exactly mean?

It doesn't mean anything, other than another year and another example of how bad Russell and Mark Rodgers are at this. It also explains why Russell is Mark Rodgers only NFL client, he's terrible.

Russell's options after he's done exploring are:

1. Show up to training camp and fulfill his contract playing for the Seahawks in 2022 to collect his insane paychecks.

2. Demand a trade and hold out and start missing 3M a game checks.

I'd put the odds at #2 happening at less than 1%. Russell doesn't want that kind of smoke, he's not wired like this.

This is nothing more than Russell and his agent thinking they're doing something positive for Russ's career by keeping him relevant in the media so Russell can sit on his couch watching playoff games and hear his name.

So dumb. Dude had his worst year of his career. If there was an off season he needed to just shut up and focus on getting better for the team that's done nothing but stick by him and defend him. This was the year.

But no, he couldn't do that.

So much this. ^

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My professional opinion (professional in my own head) is that Wilson will be traded this offseason in a blockbuster deal.

Call it a hunch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":1slweavq said:
My professional opinion (professional in my own head) is that Wilson will be traded this offseason in a blockbuster deal.

Call it a hunch.

I wouldn't put it past John and Pete to not be afraid of trading Russell.

They obviously have supreme confidence in themselves, their schemes and how to build a championship roster. So if they think the chance of getting back to a SB is trading Russell for a bunch of picks in order to build another great defense and run game that's more suited to how Pete wants to coach?

I honestly wouldn't be shocked at this point in this franchise's current state of affairs.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":74542gbe said:
Aros":74542gbe said:

Call it a hunch.

They obviously have supreme confidence in themselves, their schemes and how to build a championship roster. So if they think the chance of getting back to a SB is trading Russell for a bunch of picks in order to build another great defense and run game that's more suited to how Pete wants to coach?

I honestly wouldn't be shocked at this point in this franchise's current state of affairs.

Biggest concern would be replacing Wilson's deep ball to fill Pete's obsession with the big play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":7vwhiufm said:
Sgt. Largent":7vwhiufm said:
Aros":7vwhiufm said:

Call it a hunch.

Biggest concern would be replacing Wilson's deep ball to fill Pete's obsession with the big play.

I don't take replacing any of Russell's attributes lightly.

Again, obviously a huge risky move trading your franchise QB. But if we're being honest, how often have we seen those attributes for the past year 1/2? More underthrows, more missed receivers. Far less 4th quarter comebacks. In fact, zero this year.

Believe me, that's not lost on John and Pete. They realize there might be no better time to trade Russell if his play is going to continue to devolve.

Latest posts