Sign Colin Kaepernick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
It's honestly fascinating to witness in real time how segregated this country is, in terms of race and culture.

I would be okay with kicking the tires on Kaepernick as a 3rd stringer. It doesn't hurt anything or anyone beyond sheltered (white) Americans who have never read a black history book in their life. And can't understand why a successful black person would take a stand. They see it as a publicity stunt, which really shows perspective. I know black veterans who feel exactly like Kaepernick does.

Those are the same people that can't understand, why a black person, at any point in American history, would not feel comfortable standing for the flag. They would find it disrespectful for a black American to kneel whether it was 1965 or 2020.

Kaepernick has never actually done anything wrong. He is blackballed because of the demographics of the country combined with the underlying racial issues in this country. These are people that would rather have Big Ben (a rapist) before they'd ever have Kaepernick do a try out. There is literally no reason to not kick the tires on the guy beyond hurt feelings from people who likely have very few black people in their life. Or very little knowledge of black history beyond stereotypes.

Stud

Reaction score
Yes, lets sign him

63c75b5b4d48ac2cb54900ea9c9888d2 crop north

Not to mention Kap was almost always in the bottom 10 in pass yards per game. He hasn't played in 5 years, some of you need to let it go. Just because he makes millions off his misguided protests doesn't mean he still can play the position.

Stud

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3fp4zct2 said:
I would be okay with kicking the tires on Kaepernick as a 3rd stringer. It doesn't hurt anything or anyone beyond sheltered (white) Americans who have never read a black history book in their life. And can't understand why a successful black person would take a stand. They see it as a publicity stunt, which really shows perspective. I know black veterans who feel exactly like Kaepernick does.

I'm still confused as to how sh----g on the graves of dead soldiers that fought for his right to make millions to begin with has any significance to his "protest" of police brutality. Kaps protest is one of the most misguided I've ever seen. Disrespecting his own country seems like a weird way to not only express himself, but to try to convince people that need to hear it the most to listen to him . But then again, I'm on a page about a team based in Seattle, one of the most far left cities in America, so I guess I should expect misguided opinions like this.

Besides, Kap is old, old news. He cucked quite of few of you by taking multiple multi-million dollar payouts due to his "protest". This was all about attention and money to begin with. But hey, most of us will move on and people like you will continue to think he's some Martyr while he's bathing in millions of dollars, not giving two licks about "police brutality".

Scorpion05

Reaction score
A protest intended to address racism, especially a non-violent protest...is nowhere near misguided. Even if you don't agree with the premise.

Kaepernick would not be the first QB to be out of the league for a couple of years, and then come in as a backup. In fact that is basically Taylor Heincke's story.

Colin's career was no worse than Geno's. All anyone is arguing for is a tryout, nothing more. It's really not that complicated.

Torc

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1lznhq9l said:
It's honestly fascinating to witness in real time how segregated this country is, in terms of race and culture.

Those are the same people that can't understand, why a black person, at any point in American history, would not feel comfortable standing for the flag. They would find it disrespectful for a black American to kneel whether it was 1965 or 2020.

Kaepernick has never actually done anything wrong. He is blackballed because of the demographics of the country combined with the underlying racial issues in this country. These are people that would rather have Big Ben (a rapist) before they'd ever have Kaepernick do a try out. There is literally no reason to not kick the tires on the guy beyond hurt feelings from people who likely have very few black people in their life. Or very little knowledge of black history beyond stereotypes.

I would have zero problem with the Seahawks kicking the tires on Kaep. I just 1) don't think he's interested (but asking him would confirm that or prove me wrong) and 2) there's another QB on the market who not only played in a Super Bowl as well, but is an MVP and played in the league as recently as last year. We know Kaep was physically able to play as recently as Nov 2019 (his public workout) but have no idea whether he's stayed in playing shape since then. He's a year older than Russell, and hasn't been taking hits, so the question is whether he is physically prepared to play right now.

And I don't have an issue with the kneeling; it was suggested by a Green Beret and frankly, kneeling acknowledges that the flag means something. Maybe something different to different people, but it means something. And I think he should have been playing these past several years - I can't think of another QB to take his team that far that was out of the league so quickly. My concern about signing him is where he is at physically and mentally RIGHT NOW, not several years ago. Does he sign with a team knowing that he'd be the backup? All of those questions are answerable by bringing him in and working him out. But when I compare him and Cam, I'd rather have Cam in practice today (although he is probably even less likely to accept a backup role and money).

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Welshers":2wjayedy said:
I love Geno but Colin is out there and available. He's a qb who has won a nfc title and been to another. The only reason he's not playing in the NFL is racism. Seattle is a progressive city and he'd be popular here. If Russ is out for multiple weeks then bring in Colin
Stupid post Kaep was a gadget guy. Noticed I said "was"....He regressed in every way at the quarterback position.
Geno is a true pocket passer

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Stud":2cywvvqq said:
Scorpion05":2cywvvqq said:

I'm still confused as to how sh----g on the graves of dead soldiers that fought for his right to make millions to begin with has any significance to his "protest" of police brutality. Kaps protest is one of the most misguided I've ever seen. Disrespecting his own country seems like a weird way to not only express himself, but to try to convince people that need to hear it the most to listen to him . But then again, I'm on a page about a team based in Seattle, one of the most far left cities in America, so I guess I should expect misguided opinions like this.

Besides, Kap is old, old news. He cucked quite of few of you by taking multiple multi-million dollar payouts due to his "protest". This was all about attention and money to begin with. But hey, most of us will move on and people like you will continue to think he's some Martyr while he's bathing in millions of dollars, not giving two licks about "police brutality".

Sh____g on the grave of dead soldiers is a made up narrative. There are black dead soldiers, and black people who served this country (that I know) that feel exactly like Kaepernick feels. It's less about dead soldiers, and more about the country's track record in the eyes of some.

What you are basically arguing, is that there is no point in history that a black person would have had the right to take a peaceful knee against the flag. Not in 1900, not in 1950, not in 1970, and definitely not in 2017. And if there is a part of your brain that thinks "Okay, it would have been totally okay if a black public figure did this pre-1970," the truth is that every generation where there's racial protest, Americans react negatively to it. Then we look back at how wrong it was historically. So if it would have been okay in 1950, let the facts of racism in the modern day determine whether it's still appropriate.

It is only misguided to the vast majority of white Americans, and that's just the truth. I'm not saying all black Americans agreed with the protest, but there is a divide. Which should make you wonder why that is. Why is it, that one group of Americans feel one way, and another group of Americans feel another way? I'm not getting into the rest of what you said because it's not a factual debate. Kaepernick was blackballed initially and then finally got a tryout over a year later, despite having a 90 QB rating and still being able to move with his legs. He was never terrible, he was always good, but not really good or great. Serviceable starter with flash moments. I don't think he's a martyr, I have seen up close exactly what he is protesting and I'm not turning a blind eye to it.

And regardless of how you feel, his protest generated a national conversation. That's how protests work. Race Protestors are almost always painted negatively if you know black history.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3r1w8b46 said:

Call me on man.

Seriously?

The dudes skills had already deteriorated greatly, then he became a huge distraction to not only his team but to the entire NFL and the fan base.

The debate over his “cause” can go on forever but the bottom line is he just became more of a liability than asset.

Nobody should have a problem understanding that, might not like it or think it’s right but understanding it is easy.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Torc":3h5dxe0w said:
Scorpion05":3h5dxe0w said:

I would have zero problem with the Seahawks kicking the tires on Kaep. I just 1) don't think he's interested (but asking him would confirm that or prove me wrong) and 2) there's another QB on the market who not only played in a Super Bowl as well, but is an MVP and played in the league as recently as last year. We know Kaep was physically able to play as recently as Nov 2019 (his public workout) but have no idea whether he's stayed in playing shape since then. He's a year older than Russell, and hasn't been taking hits, so the question is whether he is physically prepared to play right now.

And I don't have an issue with the kneeling; it was suggested by a Green Beret and frankly, kneeling acknowledges that the flag means something. Maybe something different to different people, but it means something. And I think he should have been playing these past several years - I can't think of another QB to take his team that far that was out of the league so quickly. My concern about signing him is where he is at physically and mentally RIGHT NOW, not several years ago. Does he sign with a team knowing that he'd be the backup? All of those questions are answerable by bringing him in and working him out. But when I compare him and Cam, I'd rather have Cam in practice today (although he is probably even less likely to accept a backup role and money).

Your argument is totally and completely reasonable in many ways. I would kick the tires on Cam, and Blake Bortles before I kick the tires on Kaepernick. I'm really not trying to argue a Kaepernick agenda here.

All I'm saying is, if the Seahawks wanted to give him a try out, and he did well, it would be worth considering. That's it, a tryout. Everything else to me is personal feelings. If he fails the tryout, which he likely would, perfect. But a tryout should have always been on the table for Kaepernick and I've never made it more complicated than that (except when I'm responding to other Kaepernick narratives beyond football).

Stud

Reaction score
Scorpion05":232sempc said:
A protest intended to address racism, especially a non-violent protest...is nowhere near misguided. Even if you don't agree with the premise.

Just because it's peaceful and "non-violent" has nothing to do with anything. That's just a deflection to the actual issue at hand. The National Anthem is not the time or place to be using it for personal protests. The whole point of the Anthem is to pay tribute to fallen soldiers throughout history. Maybe these rich spoiled millionaires can take 2 minutes to actually be respectful and then only after can they go back to making it about themselves like they always do. Again, being disrespectful douchebags and pissing people off seems like a weird way to try to get people's attention on their cause.

Besides, these players have already shown to be hypocrites over this "inequality" cause they got going. You had the entire NBA ignore the Hong Kong protests because it was going to hurt their wallets. LeTrash James specifically came off like a nerd over the whole incident. Yeah, the same LeBron James that said "an inequality anywhere is an inequality everywhere". What a tool. Or how about the fact that 90% of the NFL stayed silent over DeSean Jackson's anti-Semitic tweet last summer. These players don't care about "inequality", they care about themselves only. Anyone else is the "wrong" minority. As a person of Asian decent, I resent this hypocrisy.

So pardon me if I don't give two craps about spoiled, rich millionaires and their misguided protest when they have already shown they won't listen to anyone else nor do they care about any other "inequality" other than black people.

Geez, reading your posts is like reading a CNN article. Seattle is one weird place you got over there.

Stud

Reaction score
The Breh":2zydq30c said:
The replies in here, relative to everything beyond his skillset, is exactly what I'd expect to hear from the majority demographic that roam these boards.

Maybe you should drink some soy to calm down and then go to a far left board where there is no dissenting opinions. Must suck to leave your echo chamber to found out people were offended by Kaps misguided protest. Wow, shocker.

Stud

Reaction score
James in PA":1yynxcc5 said:
Yea, I made this suggestion in another thread …….. as a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro, look at what you started!!!!!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
pmedic920":mbm3f51p said:
Scorpion05":mbm3f51p said:

Call me on man.

Seriously?

The dudes skills had already deteriorated greatly, then he became a huge distraction to not only his team but to the entire NFL and the fan base.

The debate over his “cause” can go on forever but the bottom line is he just became more of a liability than asset.

Nobody should have a problem understanding that, might not like it or think it’s right but understanding it is easy.

But..this isn't true though lol

Whatever you think about Kaepernick, he was never "bad." No worse than Geno at any point in his career. In fact, you could have argued he was a serviceable starter, like a Tyrod Taylor.

If anything, where the Niners went wrong was trying to make him a pocket passer. They should have gone full Lamar Jackson with him and never looked back, but they tried to make him something he's not. Either way, his TD to INT ratio in his last year was pretty solid, and he was an okay QB. That's it, we don't have to exaggerate or anything.

On the political stuff I mentioned, I wasn't really trying to be controversial. Whether you're left or right, this country has a tough time seeing eye to eye on race. You look at the polls, and different groups are experience or perceive America in completely different ways. I get why people were offended by Kaepernick. I also know enough about human behavior and history, to understand why so many Americans would lack the perspective on Kaepernick's cause. These are usually the people that think the Civil War was over states rights because that's what they learned in school. But that's neither here or there.

Point is, next week we'll be starting Geno. A guy that many dismissed as even worse than Kaepernick, and look at the hype around him now because he got an opportunity. Kaepernick's opportunity was 100% about how people perceived his peaceful protest, it was not based on the meritocracy of football based on available evidence.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Stud":3i06q9fd said:
Scorpion05":3i06q9fd said:

Just because it's peaceful and "non-violent" has nothing to do with anything. That's just a deflection to the actual issue at hand. The National Anthem is not the time or place to be using it for personal protests. The whole point of the Anthem is to pay tribute to fallen soldiers throughout history. Maybe these rich spoiled millionaires can take 2 minutes to actually be respectful and then only after can they go back to making it about themselves like they always do. Again, being disrespectful douchebags and pissing people off seems like a weird way to try to get people's attention on their cause.

Besides, these players have already shown to be hypocrites over this "inequality" cause they got going. You had the entire NBA ignore the Hong Kong protests because it was going to hurt their wallets. LeTrash James specifically came off like a nerd over the whole incident. Yeah, the same LeBron James that said "an inequality anywhere is an inequality everywhere". What a tool. Or how about the fact that 90% of the NFL stayed silent over DeSean Jackson's anti-Semitic tweet last summer. These players don't care about "inequality", they care about themselves only. Anyone else is the "wrong" minority. As a person of Asian decent, I resent this hypocrisy.

So pardon me if I don't give two craps about spoiled, rich millionaires and their misguided protest when they have already shown they won't listen to anyone else nor do they care about any other "inequality" other than black people.

Geez, reading your posts is like reading a CNN article. Seattle is one weird place you got over there.

Why isn't it the time or place?

If a guy wants to take a knee...what's the problem? Not hold a sign up, not yell in the middle of the anthem..but just take a knee. Why would that be offensive?

The Anthem was written by a slave owner. And its lyrics has roots in racism. If a black person doesn't feel comfortable with that, you think that's...bad? Or some far left perspective?

If a black Veteran who served this country, feels a certain way about this country's racism...you think that person is a whiny brat? What would you have to see to change your mind? Are you open to new information or are you committed to your ideology?

What does being a millionaire, have to do with racism in America? If millionaires can care about hurricanes, or other human rights issues...and they believe there's a race issue in this country, why can't they speak up?

Lebron James has given a lot back to his community. I wouldn't care who he voted for. That's what any athlete should do and that isn't a Left or Right thing. Also, Lebron doesn't live in China.

Your post is telling, you see topics about racism as a "Lefty" thing. My arguments are purely based on my study of American history, Black history, and psychology. I spend a lot of time studying other people and cultures to understand their perspective. I believe that makes me a good American. It sounds like your opinions are based on twitter rants and Youtube comments. I can't relate to that mindset. If you're ever capable of having a discussion on this topic purely based on statistics, history, psychology, etc. I would be more than happy to.

Stud

Reaction score
I also love how people who agree with Kap will always say to just listen to the players message and ignore their form of protest. LOL! So if I stomp on an LGBTQ flag to bring awareness to domestic violence among the LGBTQ community, or do something to the Quran to protest the mistreatment of women and gays among majority Muslim countries, will you actually pay attention to my message or see me being a disrespectful @sshole? Exactly. It's no different with what these players are doing with their protest during the National Anthem.

In the end, it's not up to people to listen to the players protest or cause, it's up to the players to present their protest in a way that will get people on their side, instead of pissing people off. Again, sh-tting of the flag is a weird friggin way to try to get people's attention.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
What an astoundingly stupid idea. I mean in a history of mankind type of stupid idea. Some posters never fail to fail. Sad.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
As much as this would tickle my schadenfreude boner, I wouldn't wish Kaep on my worst rival....

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I would rather have the "Iron Man"..Brett Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts