Sign Colin Kaepernick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Besides being a divisive locker room cancer (heyo, remember Percy Harvin?) but on a massive national scale...

And besides being out of the "Not For Long" league for the last half a decade...

And besides demanding a top-tier starting quarterback-level salary we would have to take in the shorts...

I notice no one brought up stats from his last couple of years. stats being relative to how well a player does on the field and all. His reads were atrocious, and once the league figured out how to stop him from running — the one thing he did really well — he was pretty much a pick machine when he wasn't throwing incompletions.

So great suggestion, OP. Wonderful. Surprised they haven't brought him in already.

cymatica

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":kfmgio0n said:
Anyone who was offended by Kaepernicks protest is 1) a snowflake, and 2) doesn't understand that the soldiers that died for this country, died for his right to do what he did.

With that said, Kaepernick is done, I would have been all for bringing him in 5 years ago.

Again, apparently it has to be explained over and over, no one is offended by his protesting. It's when he chose to do it. You might as well yell out your protest during a moment of silence. Kneeling during the anthem was seen as disrespect by millions.

The guy had a podium at the end of every game where he could explain the problems in our world if he really cares about those issues.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
cymatica":1txctvyd said:
XxXdragonXxX":1txctvyd said:
Anyone who was offended by Kaepernicks protest is 1) a snowflake, and 2) doesn't understand that the soldiers that died for this country, died for his right to do what he did.

With that said, Kaepernick is done, I would have been all for bringing him in 5 years ago.

Again, apparently it has to be explained over and over, no one is offended by his protesting. It's when he chose to do it. You might as well yell out your protest during a moment of silence. Kneeling during the anthem was seen as disrespect by millions.

The guy had a podium at the end of every game where he could explain the problems in our world if he really cares about those issues.

And if he had used his podium to speak his mind, people like you would have used the old "shut up and play football" line. He can't win with people who disagree with him.

It should just be made clear that the reason some people disagree with his protest is that they disagree with his point, the timing is just an excuse.

cymatica

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2iy46667 said:
cymatica":2iy46667 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2iy46667 said:

And if he had used his podium to speak his mind, people like you would have used the old "shut up and play football" line. He can't win with people who disagree with him.

It should just be made clear that the reason some people disagree with his protest is that they disagree with his point, the timing is just an excuse.

People like me? What does that mean. You know nothing about me but you seem to assume a lot based on my opinion on this. I even made it clear that it was kneeling during the anthem that was disrespectful to a lot of people. Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend.

And no, actually I would encourage any player to talk about important issues on the podium, I would actually rather hear that than the rinse and repeat answers(one game at a time, tip our caps to the other team, we gotta get better.) Sure some people would say shut up and play, but he wouldn't be showing disrespect to the country.

I'll say this again too, next time the stadium announcer asks for a moment of silence, go ahead and start shouting about some humanitarian crises. Obviously the idea of respect is lot on you so just do whatever you want when you want as long as it's for a good cause

Stud

Reaction score
HawkNuts":clebqbb5 said:
Welshers":clebqbb5 said:
I love Geno but Colin is out there and available. He's a qb who has won a nfc title and been to another. The only reason he's not playing in the NFL is racism. Seattle is a progressive city and he'd be popular here. If Russ is out for multiple weeks then bring in Colin

And in one short paragraph you brought in all of the racists so they could show how racist they are and continue to pretend their not. If they tell you it enough it must be true, right?

But back to the topic I’d say no just based on how long he’s been out of the game.

But I have no issues with what he did and the focus he brought to systemic racism in the United States.

LOL. Racists? That word gets thrown around so much it's lost his meaning. I've read this whole thread and haven't seen anything remotely openly racist. Seems like you're just immature and don't have an argument so you've resorting to CNN talking points.

Hope you're enjoying Kaepernick being out of the league for 5 years. It's been a great 5 years!!!

Stud

Reaction score
Haha. Why is thread still going? Kap is not coming back. Get over it. He was below average when he left and he hasn't played in 5 years, but you think because of his politics that he's miraculously not going to be in the bottom 10 in pass yards per game, completion percentage, QBR, yards per pass like he was when he was playing? Hilarious. I'd love to drink the same soy some of you far left nut jobs are drinking to think he could come back and be effective. Not to mention he already burned all the bridges he had. From being a disrespectful douche during the Anthem, to wearing pig socks, to having his far left girlfriend call the Ravens owner a racist, to cashing in millions of dollars in profits off his "protest", to not even voting in 2016. The guy is a moron and it speaks volumes of some of you for wasting your time defending him.

Some of you need to turn off CNN and get out. You can go and form another CHAZ to keep yourselves busy.

Stud

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3bb2eizs said:
cymatica":3bb2eizs said:
XxXdragonXxX":3bb2eizs said:

Actually no, most people could care less that he's protesting police brutality and racism. The issue is his form of protest is about as offensive as it gets. Imagine thinking you're going to protest something and you decided to sh-t on the graves of dead soldiers who have died for this country is a good idea. That's what the Anthem means to half the country.

People like you are clearly not listening, and at this point you never will. You refuse to listen. Well guess what? It's not up to everyone else to listen to these players or even you on this matter. It's up to you to present your protest affectively so people WILL listen and change can be made. Maybe being disrespectful morons during the country's National Anthem isn't the best idea. Not surprised the sport with the most uneducated players would come up with this type of protest. Must be all those hits to the head.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
cymatica":2n13wrb2 said:
hawksincebirth":2n13wrb2 said:
Ahhhhhh I for one love it when the subtle racists come out to play….

But to the topic I for one would love to see the nuclear bomb that is Colin kaep detonate on Pete and co’s lap getting him outta town that much faster… sign him

Please give one example of any racism in these responses.

Key word subtle … nothing to see here except the go to racist playbook… if you don’t see it I don’t know what to tell you

cymatica

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":1az3k5f7 said:
cymatica":1az3k5f7 said:
hawksincebirth":1az3k5f7 said:
Ahhhhhh I for one love it when the subtle racists come out to play….

But to the topic I for one would love to see the nuclear bomb that is Colin kaep detonate on Pete and co’s lap getting him outta town that much faster… sign him

Please give one example of any racism in these responses.

Key word subtle … nothing to see here except the go to racist playbook… if you don’t see it I don’t know what to tell you

Uh huh and you can't provide even one subtle example. I can't see the racism when it's in your head

justafan

Reaction score
Considering the original words that were censored and the context of what was going on with slaves being offered freedom by the english its an understandable moment to kneel and protest racism.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":c8k0vw89 said:
LTH":c8k0vw89 said:
pittpnthrs":c8k0vw89 said:
Scorpion05":c8k0vw89 said:
Why isn't it the time or place?

If a guy wants to take a knee...what's the problem? Not hold a sign up, not yell in the middle of the anthem..but just take a knee. Why would that be offensive?

Because its offensive to the people that fought and died for obtaining those rights. Again, its not the message, its the method. I dont know how or why people struggle to see that.

No its not... Its offensive when people don't use the rights that we fought for... I served and I'm not offended in any way... let the man make a statement its his constitutional right regardless if you agree with it or not.

LTH

We don't agree on much but we agree on this. I served too. And his right to do what he did was one of things I fought for.

That said I don't want him because I don't think he is a good qb
Prime Kaep was better than prime Geno?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
Guys Kap is a career 59% compt, and a passer rating of 88. HE has not played in 5 years. No Thank You.

James in PA

Reaction score
Signing Kaep would be a good recruiting move at best. We would certainly have the admiration of the NFL players for being the organization to finally give him another chance. But too much time has now passed. If Russ had suffered this injury 3 years ago, I bet we would have signed Kaep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stud

Reaction score
John63":3ekf7vv8 said:
Guys Kap is a career 59% compt, and a passer rating of 88. HE has not played in 5 years. No Thank You.

Don't forget he was constantly in the bottom half of the league in quite a few categories while he was playing, including pass yards per game, pass yards per play, QBR, etc. Oh and he never had a game winning TD pass in his career. In other words, he was below average.

But hey, according to the soy boys, he disrespects his own country so he has to be a great QB!! Lets sign him!!!! DERP!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Chapow

Reaction score
If they were going to sign a QB, I would sure hope it was someone that has actually played football in the last 5 years.

Kaepernick is going to be 34 in less than a month and hasn't been in the NFL since 2016. The odds that this guy is ready to be a starting QB in the NFL anytime soon are probably astronomically low.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
notyou":2k5ggi8q said:
Welshers":2k5ggi8q said:
I love Geno but Colin is out there and available. He's a qb who has won a nfc title and been to another. The only reason he's not playing in the NFL is racism. Seattle is a progressive city and he'd be popular here. If Russ is out for multiple weeks then bring in Colin
Maybe he should stop being a racist then.

:ditto:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
As it stands, realistically I don't ever see Kaep suiting up in the NFL ever again. He sued the NFL and they settled, I find it extremely doubtful they will allow him to play again after that. Besides, he got a settlement and he has his endorsements. Why would he ever feel the need to play again, much less want to? Just seems like a pointless thread imo, no offense to Welshers.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ar9pt87 said:
LTH":3ar9pt87 said:
pittpnthrs":3ar9pt87 said:
Scorpion05":3ar9pt87 said:
Why isn't it the time or place?

If a guy wants to take a knee...what's the problem? Not hold a sign up, not yell in the middle of the anthem..but just take a knee. Why would that be offensive?

Because its offensive to the people that fought and died for obtaining those rights. Again, its not the message, its the method. I dont know how or why people struggle to see that.

No its not... Its offensive when people don't use the rights that we fought for... I served and I'm not offended in any way... let the man make a statement its his constitutional right regardless if you agree with it or not.

LTH

Your in the minority. If the majority of people didnt view it as an offensive act, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

It has nothing to do with loving the country or supporting the soldiers.. it has everything to do with making a statement....

LTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts