Status
Not open for further replies.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1w1gknkb said:
pittpnthrs":1w1gknkb said:
LTH":1w1gknkb said:
pittpnthrs":1w1gknkb said:
Because its offensive to the people that fought and died for obtaining those rights. Again, its not the message, its the method. I dont know how or why people struggle to see that.

No its not... Its offensive when people don't use the rights that we fought for... I served and I'm not offended in any way... let the man make a statement its his constitutional right regardless if you agree with it or not.

LTH

Your in the minority. If the majority of people didnt view it as an offensive act, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

It has nothing to do with loving the country or supporting the soldiers.. it has everything to do with making a statement....

LTH

Tell that to all the veterans down at the legion and VFW that disagree with you. Hell, tell it to the world because again, your in a small minority. The platform in which he chose to make his statement was a poor choice.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Why teams are not signing CK:

1) He's not that good, and more importantly...

2) He's not good enough to be worth the off field distractions that come with him. Yes, he has a good cause, but it is still a distraction that most teams just don't want to be asked about before/after every game when they'd rather focus on football.

I applaud players who opt to use their foundations to speak where others may not be heard, but I also am not surprised if big organizations, teams, etc. Opt not to keep you around as they just want to focus on their sport/game and/or don't want to risk potential issues in the locker room (i.e. Seattle is progressive as a city, I don't think the players are always as progressive as you think as we have football players from all over the country, and they play together as a team and that's it).

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Stud":3tm8zz4e said:
HawkNuts":3tm8zz4e said:
Welshers":3tm8zz4e said:
I love Geno but Colin is out there and available. He's a qb who has won a nfc title and been to another. The only reason he's not playing in the NFL is racism. Seattle is a progressive city and he'd be popular here. If Russ is out for multiple weeks then bring in Colin

And in one short paragraph you brought in all of the racists so they could show how racist they are and continue to pretend their not. If they tell you it enough it must be true, right?

But back to the topic I’d say no just based on how long he’s been out of the game.

But I have no issues with what he did and the focus he brought to systemic racism in the United States.

LOL. Racists? That word gets thrown around so much it's lost his meaning. I've read this whole thread and haven't seen anything remotely openly racist. Seems like you're just immature and don't have an argument so you've resorting to CNN talking points.

Hope you're enjoying Kaepernick being out of the league for 5 years. It's been a great 5 years!!!

Yeah Dud, he’s out of the league and probably doing quite well. There’s a lot of young people out there throwing their money behind people who stand up for minorities. You sound like a hate filled idiot.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":22m2n4z8 said:
LTH":22m2n4z8 said:
pittpnthrs":22m2n4z8 said:
LTH":22m2n4z8 said:
No its not... Its offensive when people don't use the rights that we fought for... I served and I'm not offended in any way... let the man make a statement its his constitutional right regardless if you agree with it or not.

LTH

Your in the minority. If the majority of people didnt view it as an offensive act, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

It has nothing to do with loving the country or supporting the soldiers.. it has everything to do with making a statement....

LTH

Tell that to all the veterans down at the legion and VFW that disagree with you. Hell, tell it to the world because again, your in a small minority. The platform in which he chose to make his statement was a poor choice.

I know some veterans who don’t have an issue with it.

I also see a lot of fake patriots who like to wave around a flag and have never sniffed the military who seem to be the most vocal.

I have no issue with blacks or minorities having a chip on their shoulder when it comes to patriotism.

On whole the government in the US doesn’t look like or represent the populatIon. It’s institutional racism and racist policy that is the biggest problem. It’s making white people very uncomfortable as it should.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ns18cw8 said:

Lots of veterans supported Kaepernick, including Nate Boyer, who we know because Pete brought him in to try out for the Hawks.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-s ... story.html

But this shouldn't be a political topic, Kaep hasn't played in five years and would take WAY too long to learn the offense and get up to speed on the playbook.

Terrible idea IMO, might as well bring in Newton if you're going to sign a vet off the street, at least he's been playing.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2tmvisrf said:
pittpnthrs":2tmvisrf said:
LTH":2tmvisrf said:
pittpnthrs":2tmvisrf said:

LTH

I also see a lot of fake patriots who like to wave around a flag and have never sniffed the military who seem to be the most vocal.

I have no issue with blacks or minorities having a chip on their shoulder when it comes to patriotism.

On whole the government in the US doesn’t look like or represent the populatIon. It’s institutional racism and racist policy that is the biggest problem. It’s making white people very uncomfortable as it should.

I know a few that dont either, but the majority of them look at Kaepernick like they look at Jane Fonda.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rgkoe2vn said:
pittpnthrs":rgkoe2vn said:

Lots of veterans supported Kaepernick, including Nate Boyer, who we know because Pete brought him in to try out for the Hawks.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-s ... story.html

But this shouldn't be a political topic, Kaep hasn't played in five years and would take WAY too long to learn the offense and get up to speed on the playbook.

Terrible idea IMO, might as well bring in Newton if you're going to sign a vet off the street, at least he's been playing.

I agree there is no reason to bring in Kapp when Geno knows the O and has good command of the O... Now if Geno got hurt and Wilson wasn't coming back for a long time then they might look at it...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2k4li4of said:
HawkNuts":2k4li4of said:
pittpnthrs":2k4li4of said:
LTH":2k4li4of said:

LTH

I know a few that dont either, but the majority of them look at Kaepernick like they look at Jane Fonda.

I don't think anyone looks at Kaep like Jane

MV5BMTI4ODY5NTczMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTY1NjI2 V1

Colin Kaepernick

pmedic920

Reaction score
Our society should be looking for neutral ground that can unite us as a people, not applauding things that divide us.

As much attention to the issue that his stand (kneeling) brought, it created a deeper divide.

The issues he was attempting to highlight were absolutely valid, but his method overshadowed them.
Within days we were no long talking about the issues, we were arguing over his methods and right to do so.

Epic Fail IMHO

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ahh yes, the method.

Don't kneel during the anthem, don't march during rush hour, don't put your hand up on the podium, don't boycott the Olympics, don't talk about it at the microphone after games, don't wear I can't breath t-shirts during warm up.

If you have a problem with the method, it means you're not open to the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts