The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":2eouq20p said:
UK_Seahawk":2eouq20p said:
Trey Lance is utter $h!t. Message ends.

Wow totally impressed. What a profound thought process and I can’t believe how deep you went into that.

It’s all good. Completely expected.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Looks like the 49ers are going to do to lance what Washington did to RG3. Run him to death.

Stud

Reaction score
CPHawk":148u5efb said:
Looks like the 49ers are going to do to lance what Washington did to RG3. Run him to death.

Yup, Shanahan Sr. killed RGIII

Shanahan JR. going to kill Trey.

Stud

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ug8hioi said:
….for everyone NOT named Arlos….

Trey pretty much played as I expected. He’s not ready, but he battled throughout. Was forced into service when they wanted to redshirt him. INT was pure adrenaline.

Had some really good throws, only a few bad ones. 3 drops, 2 right on the WRs hands. Best throw if the day to Sanu was dropped.

What really killed the Niners? Penalties. Constant penalties. Seemed like someone was holding 2 or three times every drive. Constantly 1st and 20, 2nd and 25. Just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Trey has a lot to learn, but he isn’t why they lost. They lost because they just kept shooting themselves in the foot in offense.

To be clear, I’m not saying Trey played great. He did not. However, drops and constant penalties putting them behind the 8 ball didn’t help at all.

Trey need to play, especially now. At this point I think they should leave him in there. They won’t tho. I’d expect to see Jimmy in 2 weeks.

Yeah, I thought Trey played fine. I like how he extended plays with his legs and made some nice throws. Even a nice throw to Sanu that Sanu dropped. I actually thought the offensive play calling was complete sh-t for most of the game. I mean, Kyle calling a gimmick QB sneak with a fullback from 1 1/2 yards out on 4th down? The f-ck is that sh-t? Kyle is starting to lose me. I really think he's an idiot at times.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The kid had his chances to steal a win, might of got it with Kittle. But like I posted the other day, his reckless running will catch up to him. He is extremely lucky he didn’t get his neck broke or concussed on the goal line tackle. Should’ve been a penalty IMO

rlkats

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":11dp87dn said:
The kid had his chances to steal a win, might of got it with Kittle. But like I posted the other day, his reckless running will catch up to him. He is extremely lucky he didn’t get his neck broke or concussed on the goal line tackle. Should’ve been a penalty IMO

Ya I must agree, the running needs to be a threat not the norm. It’s got to be because of the lack of experience and comfort. He will get hurt if he don’t change his ways

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":29wth84v said:
ArlosSpecial":29wth84v said:
Not trying to be a jerk but Trey Lance is even worse than I thought after watching him today against the Cardinals in a game in which the 49ers defense held AZ in check Lance posts a rating of 58.3 and single handedly costed them a possible win. Mack Jones wins that game with ease. IJS

What a complete waste of a defensive effort by still a very good defense in SF
Niner fans be like "Give him a break he hasn't played for 3 years" LMAO :twisted:
I see bust written all over this kid

Man, all you do is troll. That’s it. It’s your entire agenda. “Not trying to be a jerk”. Please.

I’m not even gonna respond RE Lance because all you’ve done time and time again is expose yourself knowing nothing about anything you post about and when called on it you just don’t respond until the next opportunity to troll.

Let’s do this again….

1) It’s Mac Jones, not Mack.
2) Brandon Aiyuk wasn’t drafted the same year as DK Metcalf. Deebo Samuel was.
3) Hand size has nothing to do with the ability to throw a spiral.

Looking forward for the next thing you claim thats completely false so I can add it to the list.
You forgot to add Trey Lance is a bust as number 4 bro. Come on man let's just mash the redo button objective;y I might add, get a beer and freaking move on. Lance can't throw it all that great guy. It is what it is. Even you know how hard it is to land a franchise qb it's usually not great

knownone

Reaction score
Lance didn't look that bad. But he's not ready to be out there. Instead, Lance seems like a less refined and undersized version of Cam Newton. He throws with way too much velocity, and he runs like a running back.

The only concern for Niners fans should be whether or not he can improve his touch and accuracy because he has everything else. Very few QBs have been able to overcome those issues, and the only factor in Lance's favor is his relative inexperience at all levels of football.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2qds9rzo said:
Marvin49":2qds9rzo said:
ArlosSpecial":2qds9rzo said:
Not trying to be a jerk but Trey Lance is even worse than I thought after watching him today against the Cardinals in a game in which the 49ers defense held AZ in check Lance posts a rating of 58.3 and single handedly costed them a possible win. Mack Jones wins that game with ease. IJS

What a complete waste of a defensive effort by still a very good defense in SF
Niner fans be like "Give him a break he hasn't played for 3 years" LMAO :twisted:
I see bust written all over this kid

Man, all you do is troll. That’s it. It’s your entire agenda. “Not trying to be a jerk”. Please.

I’m not even gonna respond RE Lance because all you’ve done time and time again is expose yourself knowing nothing about anything you post about and when called on it you just don’t respond until the next opportunity to troll.

Let’s do this again….

1) It’s Mac Jones, not Mack.
2) Brandon Aiyuk wasn’t drafted the same year as DK Metcalf. Deebo Samuel was.
3) Hand size has nothing to do with the ability to throw a spiral.

Looking forward for the next thing you claim thats completely false so I can add it to the list.
You forgot to add Trey Lance is a bust as number 4 bro. Come on man let's just mash the redo button objective;y I might add, get a beer and freaking move on. Lance can't throw it all that great guy. It is what it is. Even you know how hard it is to land a franchise qb it's usually not great

……

You really do make it easy.

All the things I listed are false, so if I listed that it would be false, correct?

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":mf6ro59s said:
Lance didn't look that bad. But he's not ready to be out there. Instead, Lance seems like a less refined and undersized version of Cam Newton. He throws with way too much velocity, and he runs like a running back.

The only concern for Niners fans should be whether or not he can improve his touch and accuracy because he has everything else. Very few QBs have been able to overcome those issues, and the only factor in Lance's favor is his relative inexperience at all levels of football.

No, he’s not. Any Niner fan with a clue knew he wasn’t ready so what we saw today was mostly expected.

Concerns for me…

1) Tendency to throw high.
2) Hold the ball when he runs like a loaf of bread
3) Shanahan is running him too much.

He’s got a long ways to go and he’s gonna make mistakes. Look at all the other rookie QBs. They right now don’t look like a playoff team so IMO they should play him the rest of the year. They were playing Jimmy to redshirt him and maintain playoff aspirations.

Now Kittle is out, they are 2-3, in last place in NFCW, and three games out of first.

Lance should play.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Trey Lance has an inconsistent arm motion with a loop that takes forever for the ball to come out. I think the motion is inconsistent because he is trying to figure out a way to take velocity off, and he doesn't know how. His mechanics need a lot of work.

He will always have drops. He throws bullet ducks, those are hard to catch. He doesn't throw a catchable football. The drops are on him.

He's going to get injured the way they are choosing to play him. They need to work on teaching him how to slide and avoid contact. Getting hit 10x a game is unsustainable.

The sacks and turnovers came in lower than I expected in his first start, but that was due to AZ not scoring. Get Trey in a shootout and those numbers will spike, especially as teams get more film on him.

He should start the rest of the year as they have no 1st rounders the next two drafts. He has to play, being the future and the present. But he is a massive project, Kyle has his work cut out for him.

flv

Reaction score
On Sunday Lance looked like the least NFL-ready QB i've seen play in a decade. He was given a Kaepernick mk II offense to run and it looked too big for him. He might develop into a good QB some time down the line but he absolutely should not be playing right now. He might be able to execute some read-option BS from the pistol but he's not going to learn how to be a franchise QB playing it. Shanahan did him no favours.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I have a gut feeling Shanahan wanted Jones but Lynch pushed for Trey "poor man's kaep" Lance instead. I can see it in his frustration during today's game at some of the poor off target balls. The kid isn't ready now and with his funky windup when he throws it adds to his wobbly worm burners and high ones. It's one thing to throw a wobbler but an off target wobbler is uncalled for at the NFL pro level of play. He can't throw on the run either which you really need as a hybrid style of quarterback

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":zqloyajk said:
I have a gut feeling Shanahan wanted Jones but Lynch pushed for Trey "poor man's kaep" Lance instead. I can see it in his frustration during today's game at some of the poor off target balls. The kid isn't ready now and with his funky windup when he throws it adds to his wobbly worm burners and high ones. It's one thing to throw a wobbler but an off target wobbler is uncalled for at the NFL pro level of play. He can't throw on the run either which you really need as a hybrid style of quarterback

If you have a gut feeling about anything I'm 100% convinced the opposite is true.

Shanahan is WAAAAYYYYY to arrogant to have anyone tell him who to pick.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":hr5ublpu said:
ArlosSpecial":hr5ublpu said:

If you have a gut feeling about anything I'm 100% convinced the opposite is true.

Shanahan is WAAAAYYYYY to arrogant to have anyone tell him who to pick.

This

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":30qzxhzk said:
chris98251":30qzxhzk said:
Or he turns into Josh Allen or Russell Wilson, now wouldn't that suck for the rest of the Division.

He is under no real pressure other then what he puts on himself.
LOL nope not after seeing him play a full game today. He looked like absolute $h!t in every way shape and form guy :2thumbs:

So I wanted to try a little experiment.

Name the QB from their first NFL Start....

13-19, 150 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 26 carries, 119 yards rushing
18-34, 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 8 carries, 20 yards rushing
6-15, 74 yards, 0TDs, 0 INT, 4 carries, 26 yards rushing
15-29, 192 yards, 0TDs, 1 INT, 16 carries, 89 yards rushing
23-45, 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 2 carries, 9 yards rushing
16-27, 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 10 carries, 60 yards rushing
12-23, 102 yards, 1 TD, 1INT, 2 carries, 16 yards rushing

The point I'm making is not that Trey will be a superstar. I'm simply making the point about how dumb it is to draw conclusions on a QB in his first career start in his rookie season.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ilk8ax0 said:
ArlosSpecial":3ilk8ax0 said:
chris98251":3ilk8ax0 said:
Or he turns into Josh Allen or Russell Wilson, now wouldn't that suck for the rest of the Division.

LOL nope not after seeing him play a full game today. He looked like absolute $h!t in every way shape and form guy :2thumbs:

The point I'm making is not that Trey will be a superstar. I'm simply making the point about how dumb it is to draw conclusions on a QB in his first career start in his rookie season.

Guy is already hurt. He won’t be a superstar, because he will be to beat up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CPHawk":23gzrcgt said:
Marvin49":23gzrcgt said:
ArlosSpecial":23gzrcgt said:
chris98251":23gzrcgt said:

Wasn't even close to an answer to the question I asked.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":1rgk9kxn said:
CPHawk":1rgk9kxn said:
Marvin49":1rgk9kxn said:
ArlosSpecial":1rgk9kxn said:

His neck got permanently shortened 3 inches by that head first eyes to the ground dumb injury risk dive that got stuffed. Shit was embarrassing to watch I had 2 reactions. I cringed and then I smiled :49ersmall: :0190l:
Dude needs to learn how to live to play another down and slide or he won't have a career period
As to those stats you posted it doesn't matter because most came into a dumpster fire. The 49ers still have a playoff caliber defense but by the time Lance is ready that could be like 4 years down the road, the defense will have run it's course. He isn't ready now and with his funky motion and smaller hand size I can't even picture him changing all that. He stinks like shit dawg

rlkats

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1qif3wxm said:
Marvin49":1qif3wxm said:
CPHawk":1qif3wxm said:
Marvin49":1qif3wxm said:

His neck got permanently shortened 3 inches by that head first eyes to the ground dumb injury risk dive that got stuffed. $h!t was embarrassing to watch I had 2 reactions. I cringed and then I smiled :49ersmall: :0190l:
Dude needs to learn how to live to play another down and slide or he won't have a career period
As to those stats you posted it doesn't matter because most came into a dumpster fire. The 49ers still have a playoff caliber defense but by the time Lance is ready that could be like 4 years down the road, the defense will have run it's course. He isn't ready now and with his funky motion and smaller hand size I can't even picture him changing all that. He stinks like $h!t dawg

Did your mom not hold you enough or do you have diaper rash? Your post has zero facts and 100% bs trolling.