The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":f9te12qq said:
Everyone: Take the name calling to the Smack Shack.
Back on topic please.

Thats what I said, the Lost and Found Area :)

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
chris98251":3kw6yy9k said:
Sports Hernia":3kw6yy9k said:
Back on topic please.

Fair enough man. Can I say butt hole in the smack shack? Love it in there lol

Washington49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":131bxj0n said:
chris98251":131bxj0n said:
Sports Hernia":131bxj0n said:
Back on topic please.

Fair enough man. Can I say butt hole in the smack shack? Love it in there lol

Yes, you can say poopy face and cooties too.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Imagine if John Lynch had no pride and signed Brady last year. They'd be questing for 7 if not 8. Thank God for front office morons like Lynch. A super bowl caliber roster with a guy worse than Tubisky at quarterback lol Dude should've stuck to broadcasting after hanging up the cleats.

94Smith

Reaction score
Imagine if a defensive minded coach could actually field a competitive defense. The Seahawks wouldn't be wasting the career of a hall of fame quality QB with only one Superbowl. What's Schneider's and Carroll's excuse?

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
94Smith":452v9oi9 said:
Imagine if a defensive minded coach could actually field a competitive defense. The Seahawks wouldn't be wasting the career of a hall of fame quality QB with only one Superbowl. What's Schneider's and Carroll's excuse?
It isn't a waste he's won a chip. He'll have the same problem everywhere he plays due to his price tag. I'm actually looking forward to the rebuild due to the fact that we'll get a King's ransom for Russ if he wants to leave. I love me some Wilson but I was a Hawk fan before he came and I'll be a Hawk fan after he leaves if Ciara chooses a trade in the offseason.

Threedee

Reaction score
Marvin49":25qqq5ms said:
Threedee":25qqq5ms said:
Santa Clara didn't botch the QB position in 2021. San Francisco botched the QB position in 2005.

Sigh.

He was in their own damn backyard at Cal and WANTED to be a 49er. He was the guy I wanted too. They did take Gore in the third round tho.

Worst part to me? The OC in SF that year who helped pick Alex Smith over him? Mike McCarthy.

Niners did it in 2000 as well with another QB who wanted to play for SF but ended up in NE instead. Took Giovanni Carmazzi. That #12 from Michigan (#10 while in school) turned out OK.

I love Bill Walsh, but the man wasn't infallible.

See, there's no way a buffoon like McCarthy could have won a SB in 2010, unless his incompetence in 2005 set him up for it!

I'm also grateful that Pittsburgh didn't draft Dan Marino out of Pittsburgh in 1983.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
94Smith":2j5olzd3 said:
Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so

We talkin' 'bout practice?! LOL. Live bullets with full contact is a little bit different than practice, bud.

Mahomes had 2000 throws in college. Lance had 300 throws in college… 2 seasons ago. LMAO. He's sat enough already, but do please sit him some more.

Jake Locker sat too, that worked out. Outside of Rodgers and Mahomes no other QB that didn't start multiple games in their first season became something at QB in the last 20 years FYI.

Kyle is playing politics this year to make sure Lynch gets the blame. By holding Lance out he can delay the axe falling on his own head.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I feel like Jimmy G's career could culminate on Sunday with another shaky wobbly performance resulting in a L for the 69ers. Their fans are gonna string him up by his ankles after the game and demand change lol Put in the gadget guy :p

hawk45

Reaction score
94Smith":272jay0h said:
It hurts me that this statement is so on point but it is.

hawk45

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2ldm3lo2 said:
I feel like Jimmy G's career could culminate on Sunday with another shaky wobbly performance resulting in a L for the 69ers. Their fans are gonna string him up by his ankles after the game and demand change lol Put in the gadget guy :p
I honestly see it as more likely he torches our shitty LB coverage and corners.

I mean we always have a punchers chance v jimmy because he can get rattled but I’m not seeing anything out of our D that leads me to believe kittle and deebo won’t eat us alive. Or their FB.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
hawk45":10trctbb said:
ArlosSpecial":10trctbb said:
I honestly see it as more likely he torches our $h!t LB coverage and corners.

I mean we always have a punchers chance v jimmy because he can get rattled but I’m not seeing anything out of our D that leads me to believe kittle and deebo won’t eat us alive. Or their FB.
Relax my Hawk brother. There's only 3 guarantees in life. Death, taxes and a win over the 49ers

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Delighted the Whiners gave up so much for this guy. He will get Lynch and "genius" Shanahan the sack.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2lswzkvk said:
Delighted the Whiners gave up so much for this guy. He will get Lynch and "genius" Shanahan the sack.
Looks like the younger version of the Kraepper. Has one pitch 100mph fastball with no touch but is an effective runner.
His lack of experience showed today.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":aebpgfv1 said:
UK_Seahawk":aebpgfv1 said:
Looks like the younger version of the Kraepper. Has one pitch 100mph fastball with no touch but is an effective runner.

Looked like a very young Elway but more RB in him, when he takes off he is a threat, as you said if he can learn Touch instead of everything a Cannon he could be special.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":l5qkerbo said:
Sports Hernia":l5qkerbo said:
UK_Seahawk":l5qkerbo said:

Looked like a very young Elway but more RB in him, when he takes off he is a threat, as you said if he can learn Touch instead of everything a Cannon he could be special.
There's nothing to suggest he could be special. He was garbage in college.

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":20zy4hom said:
chris98251":20zy4hom said:
Sports Hernia":20zy4hom said:
UK_Seahawk":20zy4hom said:

I guess you never seen a Young Elway either, Elway had great passing Stats in college to be sure, but looked very much like Lance with his velocity and willing to run early in his career. If Lance can find finesse in his passing then yes he could be special.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":366pff7w said:
UK_Seahawk":366pff7w said:
chris98251":366pff7w said:
Sports Hernia":366pff7w said:

I guess you never seen a Young Elway either, Elway had great passing Stats in college to be sure, but looked very much like Lance with his velocity and willing to run early in his career. If Lance can find finesse in his passing then yes he could be special.

I appreciate the effort, but you can’t really argue with a guy who says Lance was “garbage” in college.

In only season as a starter, he threw 28TDs, 0INTs, ran for 1100 yards and 11 TDs and never lost a game.

You can say he played at a lower division and only played one year, but saying the above stat line is “garbage” pretty much invalidates anything else he says. Lol.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ow2osj8 said:
chris98251":1ow2osj8 said:
UK_Seahawk":1ow2osj8 said:
chris98251":1ow2osj8 said:

I appreciate the effort, but you can’t really argue with a guy who says Lance was “garbage” in college.

In only season as a starter, he threw 28TDs, 0INTs, ran for 1100 yards and 11 TDs and never lost a game.

You can say he played at a lower division and only played one year, but saying the above stat line is “garbage” pretty much invalidates anything else he says. Lol.

Yeah college stats are the only thing that is important not the quality and how he played. I get it though, you've got to convince yourself you didn't mortgage the farm for an absolute bust.