The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
He looks like a poor man's Cam Newton right now. Josh Allen was more talented at the same juncture and he took 3 years to develop.

Seattle played him like a traditional dropback QB in garbage time, allowing him to get some cheap scrambles for yards. Teams going forward are going to put a spy on him and take that element away, and force him to win from the pocket where he is currently a disaster.

Kyle has done him a disservice having him run scout team instead of preparing him to be a starter, treating him like Taysom Hill, instead of the franchise. Almost as if he didn't want him, very odd.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30lqvjqx said:
UK_Seahawk":30lqvjqx said:
Delighted the Whiners gave up so much for this guy. He will get Lynch and "genius" Shanahan the sack.
Looks like the younger version of the Kraepper. Has one pitch 100mph fastball with no touch but is an effective runner.
His lack of experience showed today.

I grew up playing baseball, and one year was invited to join the local American Legion team tryouts (elite! But, alas I have very little athletic ability) and as a tall left handed dude I played first base. Our second baseman would field the ball 10 feet away from me and just RIP it 100mph into my glove. He did the same thing in warmups. Trying to hard? Finesse, baby, finesse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":e3qcbytd said:
Marvin49":e3qcbytd said:
chris98251":e3qcbytd said:
UK_Seahawk":e3qcbytd said:
There's nothing to suggest he could be special. He was garbage in college.

I guess you never seen a Young Elway either, Elway had great passing Stats in college to be sure, but looked very much like Lance with his velocity and willing to run early in his career. If Lance can find finesse in his passing then yes he could be special.

I appreciate the effort, but you can’t really argue with a guy who says Lance was “garbage” in college.

In only season as a starter, he threw 28TDs, 0INTs, ran for 1100 yards and 11 TDs and never lost a game.

You can say he played at a lower division and only played one year, but saying the above stat line is “garbage” pretty much invalidates anything else he says. Lol.

Yeah college stats are the only thing that is important not the quality and how he played. I get it though, you've got to convince yourself you didn't mortgage the farm for an absolute bust.

Dude has played 39 Professional snaps and scored 4 times.

Bust?

You guys are ludicrous sometimes. I dunno what becomes of him in the pros so I won't prognosticate, but discounting his college stats when they are so over the top ridiculous just makes YOU look bad. Not me. He put up those stats on ONE year as a redshirt freshman.

Stats don't tell the whole story...but dude.....28-0 TD-INT? Ran for 1100 yards and 11 TDs? NEVER lost? We'll see how it translates, but saying he was garbage in college?

* mod edit *

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":iszpid6m said:
UK_Seahawk":iszpid6m said:
Marvin49":iszpid6m said:
chris98251":iszpid6m said:
I guess you never seen a Young Elway either, Elway had great passing Stats in college to be sure, but looked very much like Lance with his velocity and willing to run early in his career. If Lance can find finesse in his passing then yes he could be special.

I appreciate the effort, but you can’t really argue with a guy who says Lance was “garbage” in college.

In only season as a starter, he threw 28TDs, 0INTs, ran for 1100 yards and 11 TDs and never lost a game.

You can say he played at a lower division and only played one year, but saying the above stat line is “garbage” pretty much invalidates anything else he says. Lol.

Yeah college stats are the only thing that is important not the quality and how he played. I get it though, you've got to convince yourself you didn't mortgage the farm for an absolute bust.

Bust?

You guys are ludicrous sometimes. I dunno what becomes of him in the pros so I won't prognosticate, but discounting his college stats when they are so over the top ridiculous just makes YOU look bad. Not me. He put up those stats on ONE year as a redshirt freshman.

Stats don't tell the whole story...but dude.....28-0 TD-INT? Ran for 1100 yards and 11 TDs? NEVER lost? We'll see how it translates, but saying he was garbage in college?

* mod edit *

Nice intervention, UK was getting owned.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":3bsm6equ said:
Marvin49":3bsm6equ said:
UK_Seahawk":3bsm6equ said:
Marvin49":3bsm6equ said:

Bust?

* mod edit *

Nice intervention, UK was getting owned.

lol

Stud

Reaction score
Fade":tqqywqo2 said:
He looks like a poor man's Cam Newton right now. Josh Allen was more talented at the same juncture and he took 3 years to develop.

No he wasn't. Josh Allen was 100% a game managing QB his first two years. He was relatively awful for the first two years.

Dang, if I want an objective opinion coming here sure isn't the right direction.

Krangthebrain

Reaction score
The real reason that drafting Lance was dumb? The guy only started ONE season and attempted very few passes.

Very few QBs without 25+ starts in college are successful. Kyler Murray is an extreme outlier in this sense, but he also grew up with a QB coach as a father and was the greatest High School QB ever.

From what I've seen, Lance has a ton of work to do. Not just the fact that he throws fast balls all of the time, but his pocket presence is awful. As a Cardinal fan, the parallel that jumps to my mind is when Josh McCown started out, he looked similar. Big strong athletic kid who looks really overmatched.

The question I have is how much longer is the York family going to tolerate losing? Despite all of Shanahan's accolades, he's likely to have his FOURTH losing season in five years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Krangthebrain":11f3ercd said:
The real reason that drafting Lance was dumb? The guy only started ONE season and attempted very few passes.

Very few QBs without 25+ starts in college are successful. Kyler Murray is an extreme outlier in this sense, but he also grew up with a QB coach as a father and was the greatest High School QB ever.

From what I've seen, Lance has a ton of work to do. Not just the fact that he throws fast balls all of the time, but his pocket presence is awful. As a Cardinal fan, the parallel that jumps to my mind is when Josh McCown started out, he looked similar. Big strong athletic kid who looks really overmatched.

The question I have is how much longer is the York family going to tolerate losing? Despite all of Shanahan's accolades, he's likely to have his FOURTH losing season in five years.

You lost me when you compared Trey Lance to Josh McCown. :shock:

Krangthebrain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3g7x35m0 said:
Krangthebrain":3g7x35m0 said:

LOL Reading Comprehension fail.

I'm talking about how not ready to play, not their actual playstyle. Josh McCown looke way over his head. What I saw of Lance looked the same way.

I was excited when the Niners drafted Lance because the guy has huge bust potential and to see the Niners double down.... :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Krangthebrain":27jqre4h said:
Marvin49":27jqre4h said:
Krangthebrain":27jqre4h said:

LOL Reading Comprehension fail.

I'm talking about how not ready to play, not their actual playstyle. Josh McCown looke way over his head. What I saw of Lance looked the same way.

I was excited when the Niners drafted Lance because the guy has huge bust potential and to see the Niners double down.... :lol:

I stand by my previous statement.

chris98251

Reaction score
Or he turns into Josh Allen or Russell Wilson, now wouldn't that suck for the rest of the Division.

He is under no real pressure other then what he puts on himself.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Not trying to be a jerk but Trey Lance is even worse than I thought after watching him today against the Cardinals in a game in which the 49ers defense held AZ in check Lance posts a rating of 58.3 and single handedly costed them a possible win. Mack Jones wins that game with ease. IJS

What a complete waste of a defensive effort by still a very good defense in SF
Niner fans be like "Give him a break he hasn't played for 3 years" LMAO :twisted:
I see bust written all over this kid

rlkats

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3ci1x4m3 said:
Not trying to be a jerk but Trey Lance is even worse than I thought after watching him today against the Cardinals in a game in which the 49ers defense held AZ in check Lance posts a rating of 58.3 and single handedly costed them a possible win. Mack Jones wins that game with ease. IJS

Dude be honest being a jerk is in your blood and that’s all you can do.

Lance is a raw complete rookie with more than a year off. I expected this result. I can’t wait for the cards to destroy the hawks so I can rub it in your face ( just yours cause the rest of the real hawk fans fans of football are legit) Your pathetic dude

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
chris98251":9ilt1ugs said:
Or he turns into Josh Allen or Russell Wilson, now wouldn't that suck for the rest of the Division.

He is under no real pressure other then what he puts on himself.
LOL nope not after seeing him play a full game today. He looked like absolute shit in every way shape and form guy :2thumbs:

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
rlkats":5chnyhs4 said:
ArlosSpecial":5chnyhs4 said:

Dude be honest being a jerk is in your blood and that’s all you can do.

Lance is a raw complete rookie with more than a year off. I expected this result. I can’t wait for the cards to destroy the hawks so I can rub it in your face ( just yours cause the rest of the real hawk fans fans of football are legit) Your pathetic dude
Told you lol

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":26f912s8 said:

Niner fans be like "Give him a break he hasn't played for 3 years" LMAO :twisted:
I see bust written all over this kid

Man, all you do is troll. That’s it. It’s your entire agenda. “Not trying to be a jerk”. Please.

I’m not even gonna respond RE Lance because all you’ve done time and time again is expose yourself knowing nothing about anything you post about and when called on it you just don’t respond until the next opportunity to troll.

Let’s do this again….

1) It’s Mac Jones, not Mack.
2) Brandon Aiyuk wasn’t drafted the same year as DK Metcalf. Deebo Samuel was.
3) Hand size has nothing to do with the ability to throw a spiral.

Looking forward for the next thing you claim thats completely false so I can add it to the list.

Marvin49

Reaction score
….for everyone NOT named Arlos….

Trey pretty much played as I expected. He’s not ready, but he battled throughout. Was forced into service when they wanted to redshirt him. INT was pure adrenaline.

Had some really good throws, only a few bad ones. 3 drops, 2 right on the WRs hands. Best throw if the day to Sanu was dropped.

What really killed the Niners? Penalties. Constant penalties. Seemed like someone was holding 2 or three times every drive. Constantly 1st and 20, 2nd and 25. Just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Trey has a lot to learn, but he isn’t why they lost. They lost because they just kept shooting themselves in the foot in offense.

To be clear, I’m not saying Trey played great. He did not. However, drops and constant penalties putting them behind the 8 ball didn’t help at all.

Trey need to play, especially now. At this point I think they should leave him in there. They won’t tho. I’d expect to see Jimmy in 2 weeks.

rlkats

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":d1fe7xd0 said:
Trey Lance is utter $h!t. Message ends.

Wow totally impressed. What a profound thought process and I can’t believe how deep you went into that.