The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":vucrzco9 said:
ArlosSpecial":vucrzco9 said:
I mean your roster is only as good as your quarterback’s arm in this league. I’m not say Garoppolo has a weak arm I’m just saying he has obvious limitations when it comes to stretching the field vertically over the top. And with Trey he throws a 95 mph end over end knuckle ball it makes it a little tougher for receivers to haul them in as we’ve seen in the preseason.

...and yet in 2019 his receivers dropped a total of 9 passes all season.

Just funny to me how hard you guys are pushing that he's ALREADY a bust, 49ers screwed the offseason, and their cap will screw them.

Its almost like ya'll just WANT him to fai....oh yeah...Seahawks.net. Got it. That explains it. :D

All good. Nature of the beast. :)
LOL, Dude, you know you are on a rival forum, you admit this but I’m not sure you believe it.

If I was to go back in time and was raving about Russell Wilson on your home forum the denial zone before he played 1 regular season game, what do you think the response would have been???

A lot harsher than you got here overall, and I should expect that type of response because I would have been on a rival’s forum.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fade":tymif8an said:
[youtube]hoV-CSv9UGY[/youtube]
PROJECT. :shock: I'd be mortified to start him, both Kurt & Kyle agree.

He left a lot out too, he has no feel for the rush and didn't bother to show any of those plays where he displayed such. Pressed for time probably. This breakdown could've easily been 30 mins. Kurt was being nice.

OMG that’s hilarious.

Kurt Warner does a 2 parter on Lance: One positive and one negative.

Stunner.

You only quote the second one. Lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":qgcp1j9d said:
Marvin49":qgcp1j9d said:
ArlosSpecial":qgcp1j9d said:
I mean your roster is only as good as your quarterback’s arm in this league. I’m not say Garoppolo has a weak arm I’m just saying he has obvious limitations when it comes to stretching the field vertically over the top. And with Trey he throws a 95 mph end over end knuckle ball it makes it a little tougher for receivers to haul them in as we’ve seen in the preseason.

...and yet in 2019 his receivers dropped a total of 9 passes all season.

Just funny to me how hard you guys are pushing that he's ALREADY a bust, 49ers screwed the offseason, and their cap will screw them.

Its almost like ya'll just WANT him to fai....oh yeah...Seahawks.net. Got it. That explains it. :D

All good. Nature of the beast. :)
LOL, Dude, you know you are on a rival forum, you admit this but I’m not sure you believe it.

If I was to go back in time and was raving about Russell Wilson on your home forum the denial zone before he played 1 regular season game, what do you think the response would have been???

A lot harsher than you got here overall, and I should expect that type of response because I would have been on a rival’s forum.

2 things…

1) I just said it was expected and that’s all good. Doesn’t make it any less funny to me.

2) Raving? Uh…please show me where I’m raving about Lance. My position here is that I like what I see and it’s way early to immediately say Niners screwed up and he’s a bust. There is a wide margin between those two things.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/321 ... -mac-jones

lol Yeah they screwed the pooch by giving up so much to a guy that would have been there at 13

I won't go as far as to say John Lynch wants to mash the redo button but it's hard to understand giving up all that draft capital for a guy that has a hard time throwing a spiral and that would've been there without trading up. If Ryan Leaf and Dante Culpepper had a crazy lovechild it might be Trey Lance.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":388xdwtr said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32192632/sources-san-francisco-49ers-trade-no-3-draft-pick-spurred-concern-new-england-patriots-moving-mac-jones

lol Yeah they screwed the pooch by giving up so much to a guy that would have been there at 13

I won't go as far as to say John Lynch wants to mash the redo button but it's hard to understand giving up all that draft capital for a guy that has a hard time throwing a spiral and that would've been there without trading up. If Ryan Leaf and Dante Culpepper had a crazy lovechild it might be Trey Lance.

Gotta tell ya…really tired of that storyline.

There is no evidence that Lance would have been there without moving up. None. It’s all based on nothing more than your personal opinion. We can never know that.

My opinion is that he wouldn’t be but we’ll never know because he was taken at 3.

So…as such, argument based on “would have been there” are pointless and unprovable.

As for the Mac Jones stuff…yeah. I call BS.

1) Nobody in the building knew who the pick was before the pick was made. The point where they tell the room is actually on camera. If that’s the case, who are the “sources”.

2) This is just common sense. Um, THEY DIDN’T TAKE JONES. Lol.

It’s like media just can’t accept being wrong. They just can’t let it go.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":15o1nytr said:
ArlosSpecial":15o1nytr said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32192632/sources-san-francisco-49ers-trade-no-3-draft-pick-spurred-concern-new-england-patriots-moving-mac-jones

There is no evidence that Lance would have been there without moving up. None. It’s all based on nothing more than your personal opinion. We can never know that.

My opinion is that he wouldn’t be but we’ll never know because he was taken at 3.

So…as such, argument based on “would have been there” are pointless and unprovable.

1) Nobody in the building knew who the pick was before the pick was made. The point where they tell the room is actually on camera. If that’s the case, who are the “sources”.

You can be real tired of that storyline, so what, no one cares.

You are not on a Niners forum. If you cannot handle that “storyline” being discussed here then maybe it’s time to move on?

You are calling the media being wrong after saying it’s way too early to judge.
Which is it? Is it too early to judge the situation or is the media narrative wrong?

Kind of a hypocritical series of posts by you, don’t ya think?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jsesls7 said:
Marvin49":2jsesls7 said:
ArlosSpecial":2jsesls7 said:

You are not on a Niners forum. If you cannot handle that “storyline” being discussed here then maybe it’s time to move on?

Which is it? Is it too early to judge the situation or is the media narrative wrong?

I’m sorry man, but what the hell are you babbling about? Lol.

Who said anything about not handling it? I’m enjoying pointing out hypocrisy. I am plenty able to “handle” anything dished out in this forum as evidenced by my still being here.

That doesn’t mean that I won’t point out comical takes or illogical arguments.

As for your “point”, and I use the term loosely….what?

The media was and is wrong about the Mac take. That has nothing to do with the future careers of the players involved.

The storyline I’m referring to is people who say Lance would have been there with 49ers original pick. That’s unknowable. Being critical of the 49ers for selecting a player who would have been there with that pick is non-sensical because there is no evidence of that.

My point RE the media is that they keep dredging up “sources” who say the pick was gonna be Mac and it’s also been reported that nobody knew true pick until the pick was made…so who the hell are the sources?

On the other hand, Kyle and John said it was always Lance AND they took Lance ahead of Mac…

….so…..

Finally, don’t make the mistake of thinking you are capable of getting me upset. I enjoy my time here and enjoy the debate. If you read upset in my tone in this site, know that I am not. If I were, I’d just leave.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2fg0ux3j said:
Sports Hernia":2fg0ux3j said:
Marvin49":2fg0ux3j said:
ArlosSpecial":2fg0ux3j said:

Who said anything about not handling it? I’m enjoying pointing out hypocrisy. I am plenty able to “handle” anything dished out in this forum as evidenced by my still being here.

The media was and is wrong about the Mac take. That has nothing to do with the future careers of the players involved.

The storyline I’m referring to is people who say Lance would have been there with 49ers original pick. That’s unknowable. Being critical of the 49ers for selecting a player who would have been there with that pick is non-sensical because there is no evidence of that.

My point RE the media is that they keep drifting up “sources who say the pick was gonna be Mac and it’s also been reported bat nobody knew true pick until the pick was made…so who the hell are the sources.

On the other hand, Kyle and John said it was always Lance AND they took Lance ahead of Mac…

….so…..

Finally, don’t make the mistake of thinking you are capable of getting me upset. I enjoy my time here and enjoy the debate. If you read upset in my tone in this site, know that I am not. If I were, I’d just leave.
Nice word salad there. I’m not trying to make you upset I assure you that isn’t my goal, just pointing out your hypocrisy and how you white knight everything Niner and how the Niners org is the bestest evar in your little world and never makes mistakes. If that upsets you, that’s on you, and so be it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13ooihue said:
Marvin49":13ooihue said:
Sports Hernia":13ooihue said:
Marvin49":13ooihue said:

My point RE the media is that they keep drifting up “sources who say the pick was gonna be Mac and it’s also been reported bat nobody knew true pick until the pick was made…so who the hell are the sources.

….so…..

Nice word salad there. I’m not trying to make you upset I assure you that isn’t my goal, just pointing out your hypocrisy and how you white knight everything Niner and how the Niners org is the bestest evar in your little world and never makes mistakes. If that upsets you, that’s on you, and so be it.

Again….what?

I didn’t say 49ers were unable to make mistakes.

Hell, perhaps NOT taking Mac Jones will be one. Perhaps taking Trey Lance will be one.

How about this…49ers depending on oft-injured Jason Verrett to stay healthy will almost certainly cost them.

What you call “word salad” ain’t complicated. The media was wrong about 49ers INTENSIONS. Has nothing to do with the players involved or how they turn out. This isn’t white knighting. Media was simply wrong and can’t seem to let it go.

People arguing like Lance would be there with Niners original pick are basically arguing as if the unknowable is established fact. It’s not. He was taken at 3. Were he not, complexion of entire top 10 changes. If Dolphins take the TE at 3, who says Atl doesn’t take Lance?

Nothing says that. That’s my point. It’s not difficult.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":3suuj7f4 said:
Sports Hernia":3suuj7f4 said:
Marvin49":3suuj7f4 said:
Sports Hernia":3suuj7f4 said:

….so…..

Again….what?

Hell, perhaps NOT taking Mac Jones will be one. Perhaps taking Trey Lance will be one.

How about this…49ers depending on oft-injured Jason Verrett to stay healthy will almost certainly cost them.

What you call “word salad” ain’t complicated. The media was wrong about 49ers INTENSIONS. Has nothing to do with the players involved or how they turn out. This isn’t white knighting. Media was simply wrong and can’t seem to let it go.

People arguing like Lance would be there with Niners original pick are basically arguing as if the unknowable is established fact. It’s not. He was taken at 3. Were he not, complexion of entire top 10 changes. If Dolphins take the TE at 3, who says Atl doesn’t take Lance?

Sure the media likes to stir the shit pot but 3 firsts and a third was still a steep price. Shanahan probably has a plan for the future. If not then it makes for a pretty expensive gadget guy

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin posts:
“ Hell, perhaps NOT taking Mac Jones will be one. Perhaps taking Trey Lance will be one.”

Was it that hard? That’s all you had to say, and could have left it at that, instead of paragraphs of text trying to prove how you are wise on all things Niner. I can agree with the highlighted part of the post. None of us know the future.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":5q3lfxel said:
Marvin49":5q3lfxel said:
Sports Hernia":5q3lfxel said:
Marvin49":5q3lfxel said:

….so…..

Again….what?

Sure the media likes to stir the $h!t pot but 3 firsts and a third was still a steep price. Shanahan probably has a plan for the future. If not then it makes for a pretty expensive gadget guy

Of course it was a steep price. I’ve been saying all along it was a huge risk.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":p3om0zh5 said:
Marvin posts:
“ Hell, perhaps NOT taking Mac Jones will be one. Perhaps taking Trey Lance will be one.”

Was it that hard? That’s all you had to say, and could have left it at that, instead of paragraphs of text trying to prove how you are wise on all things Niner. I can agree with the highlighted part of the post. None of us know the future.

Dude…

Your failure to read isn’t my fault. I’ve been saying this all along.

I’ve said countless times that we don’t know how this will turn out. My point was always about the ASSUMPTION that the 49ers wanted Mac and the forgone conclusion that Lance was the wrong pick and that he’d be available without the trade up.

My ENTIRE POINT was that it’s unknowable right now. You kept saying I was “raving” about Lance or saying the 49ers never made mistakes.

Never said ANY of that.

You didn’t know that because you didn’t bother to read before reacting. That’s on you, not me.

So stop acting like you got me to admit something I’ve been saying from the start. Lol.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":az4wch72 said:
Sports Hernia":az4wch72 said:
Marvin posts:

Dude…

I’ve said countless times that we don’t know how this will turn out. My point was always about the ASSUMPTION that the 49ers wanted Mac and the forgone conclusion that Lance was the wrong pick and that he’d be available without the trade up.

My ENTIRE POINT was that it’s unknowable right now. You kept saying I was “raving” about Lance or saying the 49ers never made mistakes.

Never said ANY of that.

You didn’t know that because you didn’t bother to read before reacting. That’s on you, not me.

So stop acting like you got me to admit something I’ve been saying from the start. Lol.
You’re wrong, as usual.
Go back and re-read your wall of text in this thread.

You’re famous for saying ……I’m not defending “X”, and then you’ll go on for the next 7 paragraphs defending “X”.
Self awareness is your friend, embrace it instead of fighting it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":twcgorys said:
Marvin49":twcgorys said:
Sports Hernia":twcgorys said:
Marvin posts:

Dude…

Never said ANY of that.

You’re wrong, as usual.

You’re famous for saying ……I’m not defending “X”, and then you’ll go on for the next 7 paragraphs defending “X”.

I don’t need to re-read it. I wrote it. I know what I said and I know what I meant.

Not my fault you didn’t read.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2wl5de2y said:
Sports Hernia":2wl5de2y said:
Marvin49":2wl5de2y said:
Sports Hernia":2wl5de2y said:
Marvin posts:

Dude…

Never said ANY of that.

You’re wrong, as usual.

I don’t need to re-read it. I wrote it. I know what I said and I know what I meant.
Apparently you don’t though. It must be a short term memory thing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1o3wbbep said:
Marvin49":1o3wbbep said:
Sports Hernia":1o3wbbep said:
Marvin49":1o3wbbep said:
Dude…

Never said ANY of that.

You’re wrong, as usual.

Apparently you don’t though. It must be a short term memory thing.

Then prove it. You won’t. You come up with a quip of some kind because you can’t.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":jyk1w4kq said:
Fade":jyk1w4kq said:
Adam Schefter reports:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...riots-would-take-mac-jones-at-no-3/ar-AAOm9zq

The Niners panicked, and fleeced themselves.
Ouch, Funny AF if true.
I doubt Schefter is on Marvin’s “approved writers list” however.

Lol.

This article was the entire point of my post about Mac yesterday that you were incapable of understanding and still insist I was saying something I wasn’t.

Comical.

Ah…the tried and true “approved writers list”. You need new material. Schefter is great, but I don’t buy the story and I’ve already explained why. You just need to do what you didn’t do before.

Read.