The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":tk08dsyg said:
ArlosSpecial":tk08dsyg said:
Marvin49":tk08dsyg said:
ArlosSpecial":tk08dsyg said:
Man that sucks about Mostert he was quick.

Gonna take some getting used to....

Bye is in those first 8 weeks and its a 17 game schedule now, so if he misses 8 weeks there will still be a full 9 games left. LOL.
Yeah he gets to the edge in your jet sweep o he usually gets a chunk of yardage

...aaaand now he's done for the year. Sigh.

He'd likely have been gone after this year anyway. Contract year and Shanahans don't spend $$$ on running backs. In 4 years, they've had 4 diff leading rushers. Now they'll have a 5th.

49ers signed Kerryon Johnson to PS. Still have Mitchell, Sermon, and Hasty and they'll get Jeff WIlson back later this year.

Sucks tho...never seen a guy who could accelerate like him.

And all the classy whiner fans are on his back about it. Abject scum.

94Smith

Reaction score
Love Mostert , but he can't stay healthy. Just like Jimmy, if you can't stay on the field it might be time to move on. 49ers have to get away from players who aren't durable. Fortunately like the Shanahan Broncos of the late 90s and the Shanahan Redskins a lot of different Rbs can have success in the system

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Meanwhile I heard Aiyuk is another bust for John Lynch. And to think you could've had DK or Justin Jefferson instead lol

94Smith

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":wni0nts4 said:
Meanwhile I heard Aiyuk is another bust for John Lynch. And to think you could've had DK or Justin Jefferson instead lol

Metcalf was in the 2019 draft and Aiyuk was in 2020? If you want to compare Metcalf to anyone compare him to the receiver we drafted in 2019, Deebo. Deebo has been pretty good.

Aiyuk was drafted AFTER Jefferson in 2020. We would have had to trade up to get Jefferson. Aiyuk was our leading receiver last year and was dealing with a hammy in camp and is splitting time with Trent Sherfield as WR 2. Sherfield has played lights out during camp.

Bust? Come on! He's no Penny..... :lol:

Man this is a bad take.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
94Smith":nv2ba4p3 said:
ArlosSpecial":nv2ba4p3 said:

Metcalf was in the 2019 draft and Aiyuk was in 2020? If you want to compare Metcalf to anyone compare him to the receiver we drafted in 2019, Deebo. Deebo has been pretty good.

Aiyuk was drafted AFTER Jefferson in 2020. We would have had to trade up to get Jefferson. Aiyuk was our leading receiver last year and was dealing with a hammy in camp and is splitting time with Trent Sherfield as WR 2. Sherfield has played lights out during camp.

Man this is a bad take.
And what does any of that have to do with my statement? The fact that you could've had DK and Justin Jefferson over Aiyuk on your roster is hilarious. And Jalen Hurd LMFAO John Lynch has had more misses than hits as a GM. No GM ever bats a thousand but he's been on a roll with some head scratchers. Deebo was a good pick but many others were reaches.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zu970r7 said:
Sports Hernia":1zu970r7 said:
Marvin49":1zu970r7 said:
Sports Hernia":1zu970r7 said:
You just proved me right, and I’m the one spewing BS? LOL.
You just admitted you have an “approved writers list”.

Good talk.

....and again...no response. Pathetic.
What’s pathetic is you never admit it when you are wrong.

I do admit when I'm wrong. This isn't one of those times.

Still no proof. Almost like you are full of it, know it, and are trying so hard to deflect.

I see you.
LOL, you can’t see the forest thru the trees sir.
As my grandmother used to say “Bless your heart” Marvin.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2bmqqyek said:
https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1437475137591283714?s=21
Hmmm interesting LMFAO
Cohn is not on Marvin’s “approved writers list”. Tread carefully are you likely to get a mini tantrum followed by a wall of text full of word salad.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3edg7rr0 said:

um...what? lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":227l6yca said:
Marvin49":227l6yca said:
Sports Hernia":227l6yca said:
Marvin49":227l6yca said:
....and again...no response. Pathetic.
What’s pathetic is you never admit it when you are wrong.

I do admit when I'm wrong. This isn't one of those times.

Still no proof. Almost like you are full of it, know it, and are trying so hard to deflect.

I see you.
LOL, you can’t see the forest thru the trees sir.
As my grandmother used to say “Bless your heart” Marvin.

Still no proof. Still deflecting.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1qpfmcuh said:
ArlosSpecial":1qpfmcuh said:
Hmmm interesting LMFAO
Cohn is not on Marvin’s “approved writers list”. Tread carefully are you likely to get a mini tantrum followed by a wall of text full of word salad.

Actually I already responded. You'd know that if you did what you clearly didn't do before.

Read.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kptapoi said:
Sports Hernia":3kptapoi said:
ArlosSpecial":3kptapoi said:
Hmmm interesting LMFAO

Actually I already responded. You'd know that if you did what you clearly didn't do before.

Read.
No I was talking about Aiyuk in general. For a first round receiver look at guys like Ceedee and Ruggs and Jeudy instead you drafted Buckner's replacement in Kinlaw who is luke warm at best. Then drafted Aiyuk at 25 which was plain weird my dude

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":9ge5m0oe said:
94Smith":9ge5m0oe said:
ArlosSpecial":9ge5m0oe said:

Man this is a bad take.
And what does any of that have to do with my statement? The fact that you could've had DK and Justin Jefferson over Aiyuk on your roster is hilarious. And Jalen Hurd LMFAO John Lynch has had more misses than hits as a GM. No GM ever bats a thousand but he's been on a roll with some head scratchers. Deebo was a good pick but many others were reaches.

Like...um...what?

1) DK was drafted in the same draft as Samuel, not Aiyuk.
2) Jefferson went three pick AHEAD of Aiyuk.
3) Aiyuk has a pulled hammy and didn't play a ton in week one...so now he's a bust? WTF?

He had 748 yards and 5 TDs and another 2 TDs rushing in just 12 games as a rookie, so he doesn't get a catch in one game and now he's a bust? Hyperbole much?

I forgot...I have to stop taking you seriously again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2e7kuzew said:
Marvin49":2e7kuzew said:
Sports Hernia":2e7kuzew said:
ArlosSpecial":2e7kuzew said:
Hmmm interesting LMFAO

Read.
No I was talking about Aiyuk in general. For a first round receiver look at guys like Ceedee and Ruggs and Jeudy instead you drafted Buckner's replacement in Kinlaw who is luke warm at best. Then drafted Aiyuk at 25 which was plain weird my dude

like...why? That's right about where he was projected. The dude looked good last year. I got no idea why you think he's a bust all of the sudden.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":2rzk2q6c said:
ArlosSpecial":2rzk2q6c said:
Marvin49":2rzk2q6c said:
Sports Hernia":2rzk2q6c said:

Read.

like...why? That's right about where he was projected. The dude looked good last year. I got no idea why you think he's a bust all of the sudden.
He was more of a second to third round projection by many including myself. Is Aaron Banks panning out btw? Not a good camp from what I gather

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1kt2thej said:
Marvin49":1kt2thej said:
ArlosSpecial":1kt2thej said:
Marvin49":1kt2thej said:

Read.

He was more of a second to third round projection by many including myself. Is Aaron Banks panning out btw? Not a good camp from what I gather

As I stated before, Banks at first didn't look too good and then he got hurt. Disappointment so far.

Aiyuk...I got no idea what you are talking about. There was alot of speculation that GB would have taken Aiyuk...and when he wasn't there (49ers traded up) took Jordan Love instead.

I mean are we living in a world of impossible standards when a rookie with over 800 combined yards and 7 TDs in only 12 games is called a bust in week 2 of the following season? Like...what?

DK had 900 yards and 7 TDs in 16 games....was he a bust?

Seriously man. I don't get it.

chris98251

Reaction score
1st rounder starter major contributor.

2nd rounder major contributor work into a starter
3rd rounder pretty much the same but lower expectations
4th rounder thru 5th a contributor that may play special teams or a situational back up someone that could potentially work up to a starter or a major back up. Again the lower expectations to the lower the player selected.

So when people say a bust they need to be aware of what is expected of a player when he is drafted typically.

If a player exceeds expectations like a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a major contributor they are not busts out of the first rounds.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2ueyw73r said:
1st rounder starter major contributor.

2nd rounder major contributor work into a starter
3rd rounder pretty much the same but lower expectations
4th rounder thru 5th a contributor that may play special teams or a situational back up someone that could potentially work up to a starter or a major back up. Again the lower expectations to the lower the player selected.

So when people say a bust they need to be aware of what is expected of a player when he is drafted typically.

If a player exceeds expectations like a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a major contributor they are not busts out of the first rounds.

I mean, I get it...

...but Aiyuk WAS a starter and major contributor last season. Its been ONE game into year 2 and he's had a hamstring issue.

I mean...lets be real for a sec....what was the last real impact player the Seahawks took in round one? I don't mean to attack, but really seems like you guys hold Niner management to a different standard.

Lynch also draft Kittle, Warner, Greenlaw, Samuel and even one of YOUR corners, DJ Reed. Don't know what it is, but really think Niners should stock up on 5th round picks, Kittle, Reed, Greenlaw, and even this year Lenoir....they do well in that round.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Lynch also cut Witherspoon who we picked up for free and turned him into a 5th rounder in a trade. Lynch isn’t a manager of anything he’s more of a figure head. Most GM’s are lawyers by trade but Lynch is a strong safety by trade. Maybe Jed needed a friend who knows lol

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3k963opj said:
Lynch also cut Witherspoon who we picked up for free and turned him into a 5th rounder in a trade. Lynch isn’t a manager of anything he’s more of a figure head. Most GM’s are lawyers by trade but Lynch is a strong safety by trade. Maybe Jed needed a friend who knows lol

1) 49ers didn’t cut Witherspoon. His contract expired. They simply didn’t resign him.
2) What does that have to do with anything?
3) lynch is more involved than you are letting on, but his right hand is Adam Peters.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":398seay9 said:
ArlosSpecial":398seay9 said:

1) 49ers didn’t cut Witherspoon. His contract expired. They simply didn’t resign him.
2) What does that have to do with anything?
3) lynch is more involved than you are letting on, but his right hand is Adam Peters.
Not extending the option on his rookie contract is the same thing. And given your current situation at corner maybe keeping him would've been wise. At any rate good luck in the injury department. Not sure if it's dumb luck or the way the team is conditioned poorly but lack of conditioning leads to injury a lot of the time. Dumb luck is one year but if it keeps happening every year you got to go hmmmmmm

Latest posts