The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":s74j3w6j said:
Sports Hernia":s74j3w6j said:
Fade":s74j3w6j said:
Adam Schefter reports:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...riots-would-take-mac-jones-at-no-3/ar-AAOm9zq

The Niners panicked, and fleeced themselves.
Ouch, Funny AF if true.
I doubt Schefter is on Marvin’s “approved writers list” however.

Lol.

This article was the entire point of my post about Mac yesterday that you were incapable of understanding and still insist I was saying something I wasn’t.

Comical.

Ah…the tried and true “approved writers list”. You need new material. Schefter is great, but I don’t buy the story and I’ve already explained why. You just need to do what you didn’t do before.

Read.
I don't know man Shefter is pretty spot on with his reporting he isn't known to spin anything like this. Sounds like a rift is forming between GM and Coach. Any truth to that?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kjswx49 said:
Sports Hernia":3kjswx49 said:
Fade":3kjswx49 said:
Adam Schefter reports:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...riots-would-take-mac-jones-at-no-3/ar-AAOm9zq

Ouch, Funny AF if true.

Lol.

This article was the entire point of my post about Mac yesterday that you were incapable of understanding and still insist I was saying something I wasn’t.

Comical.

Ah…the tried and true “approved writers list”. You need new material. Schefter is great, but I don’t buy the story and I’ve already explained why. You just need to do what you didn’t do before.

Read.
Poor fella, Looks like the truth hurts huh Marvin.
You don’t like my “approved writers list” comment because you know it’s true.
I don’t need new material when the old material is still effective and truthful.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2wkv4brl said:
Marvin49":2wkv4brl said:
Sports Hernia":2wkv4brl said:
Fade":2wkv4brl said:
Adam Schefter reports:

Ouch, Funny AF if true.

Lol.

Comical.

Read.
I don't know man Shefter is pretty spot on with his reporting he isn't known to spin anything like this. Sounds like a rift is forming between GM and Coach. Any truth to that?

I doubt it (RE Rift).

Schefter is really good and I don't doubt somebody told him that, but that's a far cry from being true. Too much conflicting information for me to buy that plus the fact that they took Lance over Mac. Its also been reported by a ton of people nationally that Kyle and John didn't tell ANYONE until just before the pick...so who the hell is the source?

Just doesn't make sense to me...and that's why I don't buy it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":34a4xid6 said:
Marvin49":34a4xid6 said:
Sports Hernia":34a4xid6 said:
Fade":34a4xid6 said:
Adam Schefter reports:

Ouch, Funny AF if true.

Lol.

Comical.

Read.
I don’t need new material when the old material is still effective and truthful.

Nah, its just BS like everything else you spew.

The only writers I've ever taken issue with are Lowell and Grant Cohn and Tim Kawakami. The reason isn't because they are negative, its because they are sensationalist. They are local versions of Skip Bayless.

Kawakami I've softened on as he's gotten much better since he's been a part of the Athletic.

I ignore the Cohn regardless of what they say...and before you call them truth sayers, Grant Cohn currently says that Trey Lance is the most gifted QB he's ever seen. I ignore that as well.

He's just in it for the clicks.

...I also noticed you avoided my previous post asking you to prove your claim. As I expected, you didn't.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":fo5ucjyt said:
ArlosSpecial":fo5ucjyt said:
Marvin49":fo5ucjyt said:
Sports Hernia":fo5ucjyt said:
Ouch, Funny AF if true.

Lol.

Comical.

Read.

I doubt it (RE Rift).

Schefter is really good and I don't doubt somebody told him that, but that's a far cry from being true. Too much conflicting information for me to buy that plus the fact that they took Lance over Mac. Its also been reported by a ton of people nationally that Kyle and John didn't tell ANYONE until just before the pick...so who the hell is the source?

Just doesn't make sense to me...and that's why I don't buy it.
Nothing critical of your beloved Niners ever makes sense to you, that’s your problem.
You are always trying to paint the rosy picture of rainbows and unicorns, then when the fecal matter hits the fan you are always the most surprised when everyone else saw and told you it was coming (ie Kraepper and Harbaugh crash and burning).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey Marvin, just curious what the fans are thinking out there about QB?

Do the trust Pretty Boy, or are the pushing for Lance to take over?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":min4vs00 said:
Sports Hernia":min4vs00 said:
Marvin49":min4vs00 said:
Sports Hernia":min4vs00 said:
Ouch, Funny AF if true.

Lol.

Comical.

Read.

The only writers I've ever taken issue with are Lowell and Grant Cohn and Tim Kawakami. The reason isn't because they are negative, its because they are sensationalist. They are local versions of Skip Bayless.

Kawakami I've softened on as he's gotten much better since he's been a part of the Athletic.

I ignore the Cohn regardless of what they say...and before you call them truth sayers, Grant Cohn currently says that Trey Lance is the most gifted QB he's ever seen. I ignore that as well.

...I also noticed you avoided my previous post asking you to prove your claim. As I expected, you didn't.
You just proved me right, and I’m the one spewing BS? LOL.
You just admitted you have an “approved writers list”.

Good talk.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ikr6s0l said:
Marvin49":3ikr6s0l said:
Sports Hernia":3ikr6s0l said:
Marvin49":3ikr6s0l said:
Lol.

Comical.

Read.

Good talk.

....and again...no response. Pathetic.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1r4n25ln said:
Hey Marvin, just curious what the fans are thinking out there about QB?

Do the trust Pretty Boy, or are the pushing for Lance to take over?

Hard to say what "49ers fans" are saying just because the fanbase is divided.

Some think Jimmy should play and Lance should sit, I'd say a larger % thinks Lance should start, and the rest kinda like what they are doing.

I kinda like what they are doing, but I think Lance should get more reps. I didn't like seeing him pull it and run on most of his snaps.

94Smith

Reaction score
Getting back to the topic at hand, Jimmy looked great in the first game. The best I've seen him play since the New Orleans game, 2019. Did well under pressure. The Philadelphia and Green Bay Defenses should present more of a challenge based on last years DVOA standings.

Lance's runs were not impressive, but it is likely the defense knew it was coming. His TD pass was a nice play

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just from an outsider who doesn't pull for the Niners, seems like letting the Vet play until he shows that it's time to bench him would be the smart move. I think Jimmy G is overrated, but he also has won a ton of games.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2jidd7sh said:
Sports Hernia":2jidd7sh said:
Marvin49":2jidd7sh said:
Sports Hernia":2jidd7sh said:

Good talk.

What’s pathetic is you never admit it when you are wrong.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21pd9t2s said:
Marvin49":21pd9t2s said:
Sports Hernia":21pd9t2s said:
Marvin49":21pd9t2s said:

Good talk.

What’s pathetic is you never admit it when you are wrong.

I do admit when I'm wrong. This isn't one of those times.

Still no proof. Almost like you are full of it, know it, and are trying so hard to deflect.

I see you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":14f5hs5q said:
https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1437475137591283714?s=21
Hmmm interesting LMFAO

Its Cohn, but I'll respond anyway because there is no opinion there. Just fact.

Yeah, pretty disappointed in Aaron Banks so far. The hope was that he'd come in and take that RG position, but so far he hasn't played well at all and he's been hurt. 49ers depth issues are primarily at guard and CB. They ignored one weakness to address another but it hasn't paid off.

Trey Sermon is a different story. He's played well when he's had a chance, but I think he just got beat out by Mitchell. Sermon will be active now though as Mostert out 8 weeks. Mitchell now starts. Shanahan loves speed on those guy on those stretch runs. Mitchell is 4.3 guy while Sermon is a bigger back.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dlrpj57 said:
ArlosSpecial":2dlrpj57 said:
Hmmm interesting LMFAO

Yeah, pretty disappointed in Aaron Banks so far. The hope was that he'd come in and take that RG position, but so far he hasn't played well at all and he's been hurt. 49ers depth issues are primarily at guard and CB. They ignored one weakness to address another but it hasn't paid off.

Trey Sermon is a different story. He's played well when he's had a chance, but I think he just got beat out by Mitchell. Sermon will be active now though as Mostert out 8 weeks. Mitchell now starts. Shanahan loves speed on those guy on those stretch runs. Mitchell is 4.3 guy while Sermon is a bigger back.
Man that sucks about Mostert he was quick.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":21jux8j8 said:
Marvin49":21jux8j8 said:
ArlosSpecial":21jux8j8 said:
Hmmm interesting LMFAO

Gonna take some getting used to....

Bye is in those first 8 weeks and its a 17 game schedule now, so if he misses 8 weeks there will still be a full 9 games left. LOL.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":70kytyi7 said:
ArlosSpecial":70kytyi7 said:
Marvin49":70kytyi7 said:
ArlosSpecial":70kytyi7 said:
Hmmm interesting LMFAO

Bye is in those first 8 weeks and its a 17 game schedule now, so if he misses 8 weeks there will still be a full 9 games left. LOL.
Yeah he gets to the edge in your jet sweep o he usually gets a chunk of yardage

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2hiwz6zn said:
Marvin49":2hiwz6zn said:
ArlosSpecial":2hiwz6zn said:
Marvin49":2hiwz6zn said:

...aaaand now he's done for the year. Sigh.

He'd likely have been gone after this year anyway. Contract year and Shanahans don't spend $$$ on running backs. In 4 years, they've had 4 diff leading rushers. Now they'll have a 5th.

49ers signed Kerryon Johnson to PS. Still have Mitchell, Sermon, and Hasty and they'll get Jeff WIlson back later this year.

Sucks tho...never seen a guy who could accelerate like him.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zblehgs said:
ArlosSpecial":1zblehgs said:
Marvin49":1zblehgs said:
ArlosSpecial":1zblehgs said:

...aaaand now he's done for the year. Sigh.

He'd likely have been gone after this year anyway. Contract year and Shanahans don't spend $$$ on running backs. In 4 years, they've had 4 diff leading rushers. Now they'll have a 5th.

49ers signed Kerryon Johnson to PS. Still have Mitchell, Sermon, and Hasty and they'll get Jeff WIlson back later this year.

Sucks tho...never seen a guy who could accelerate like him.
Yeah that's too bad man I hope he comes back next year he's a freak