The San Fransisco 49ers got swept by the last place team

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5iz8c7s0 said:
Russ is 17-4 vs. Santa Clara. Niners fans were pumping their chests out quite a bit last week.
If it wasn't for Everett literally handing them the ball TWICE inside the 5, the game isn't close.

Oh please.

If not for 2 INTs, a fumbled kickoff and a 73 yard fake punt, its not close.

We can play this all day long. Seattle won. Congrats. Enjoy it. Lets not sit here and pretend this game was a total a$$ kicking when BOTH teams were making mistakes all over the field.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2ey68xfc said:
So, to the 9ers fans. The X's and O's people.

You gave up two firsts for some guy out of a small school. The fans, especially, clamored for this over lowly Mac Jones. You're the only team that won't voluntarily play your first rounder as of now, probably because he isn't ready, and now Shan is talking about JG sticking around like he's some sort of Aaron Rodgers.

I don't see it that the fanbase will pressure KS/JL at all about this for a year or more. Not if they are .500 or anywhere close.

At first, I thought you guys had the advantage in this year on that. There was a plan, and you trusted your FO, and the owner after the post-Harbaugh firing days is gonna not fire people.

But now I see it as a detriment or a tossup? You Bay Area fans, many of you, seem to be more tolerant whereas many of us Hawks fans are like, well, it's the time to have a reckoning.

Any Niner fan WHO WAS ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION knew this was coming. Not the 6-6 record so much, but the plan with Lance.

They were ALWAYS going to try to sit him for the year. Shanahan told everyone from the very beginning what they were gonna do and people just chose not to believe him. Then when he does precisely what he said he was gonna do, now its a conspiracy that something is wrong with Lance, or Kyle doesn't like Lance, or maybe he's hurt or whatever.

No.

Shanahan is simply doing what he said he was gonna do all along and people are losing their minds.

"You don't use three first round picks for a QB to sit". Guess what? That's EXACTLY what they did and what they were always gonna do. This move was made for the future. Its that simple.

Shanahan maintained BEFORE the draft that Jimmy was the starter, they weren't gonna trade him and that it would be very difficult for ANY rookie QB to unseat him.

"He's lying!".
"You don't spend that much and not play him".
"Kyles not fooling anyone".

...and here we are. He's doing exactly what he said he was gonna do.

Now about Jimmy and next year. Shanahan said that nothing is set in stone but that its been made very clear that Trey is the future. They aren't going to say "Jimmys gone next year" right now. They want to trade him in the offseason.

If he wins a Super Bowl, well then its a conversation and no amount of picks spent on Lance will be regretted because they have a Lombardi.

That, however is extremely unlikely and the most likely scenario is that Jimmy is traded and Lance is the QB starting next year.

Its not complex. This is the same story as before the season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1klsy6u3 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1klsy6u3 said:

You gave up two firsts for some guy out of a small school. The fans, especially, clamored for this over lowly Mac Jones. You're the only team that won't voluntarily play your first rounder as of now, probably because he isn't ready, and now Shan is talking about JG sticking around like he's some sort of Aaron Rodgers.

I don't see it that the fanbase will pressure KS/JL at all about this for a year or more. Not if they are .500 or anywhere close.

At first, I thought you guys had the advantage in this year on that. There was a plan, and you trusted your FO, and the owner after the post-Harbaugh firing days is gonna not fire people.

But now I see it as a detriment or a tossup? You Bay Area fans, many of you, seem to be more tolerant whereas many of us Hawks fans are like, well, it's the time to have a reckoning.

Any Niner fan WHO WAS ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION knew this was coming. Not the 6-6 record so much, but the plan with Lance.

They were ALWAYS going to try to sit him for the year. Shanahan told everyone from the very beginning what they were gonna do and people just chose not to believe him. Then when he does precisely what he said he was gonna do, now its a conspiracy that something is wrong with Lance, or Kyle doesn't like Lance, or maybe he's hurt or whatever.

No.

Shanahan is simply doing what he said he was gonna do all along and people are losing their minds.

"You don't use three first round picks for a QB to sit". Guess what? That's EXACTLY what they did and what they were always gonna do. This move was made for the future. Its that simple.

Shanahan maintained BEFORE the draft that Jimmy was the starter, they weren't gonna trade him and that it would be very difficult for ANY rookie QB to unseat him.

"He's lying!".

Now about Jimmy and next year. Shanahan said that nothing is set in stone but that its been made very clear that Trey is the future. They aren't going to say "Jimmys gone next year" right now. They want to trade him in the offseason.

If he wins a Super Bowl, well then its a conversation and no amount of picks spent on Lance will be regretted because they have a Lombardi.

That, however is extremely unlikely and the most likely scenario is that Jimmy is traded and Lance is the QB starting next year.

It's a time now where QBs are expected to start, or if not, at least play through a season.

You guys only put in Lance against the SEA matchup at Levis because you had to. Since Shan had a strong inkling that this would be the plan at some point, why wasn't the kid ready? And further, does he look any more ready now?

Every other team that drafted a first-round starter now has an advantage over the 49ers going into 2022 into that they have seen what their starters can do. Your starter is almost like...held back a class.

If it comes to that JimmyG is perceived as giving them a one-and-out at the expanded playoffs versus them trying it with Lance, I wouldn't be surprised if they do keep him. It's status quo and inertia, same as what we got here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2fj1s5rd said:
17-4

Spout all you want, excuses don't change the fact that Russ OWNS Santa Clara.
Period

Who said anything about excuses? Who said anything about Russ NOT dominating SF?

All I’m saying is to be real. Yes, Seattle shot themselves in the foot, but so did SF. This was not a case of one team dominating the other. It was a game of two teams constantly making mistakes and one coming out on top.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":39id987g said:
Marvin49":39id987g said:
SantaClaraHawk":39id987g said:

No.

"He's lying!".

It's a time now where QBs are expected to start, or if not, at least play through a season.

You guys only put in Lance against the SEA matchup at Levis because you had to. Since Shan had a strong inkling that this would be the plan at some point, why wasn't the kid ready? And further, does he look any more ready now?

Every other team that drafted a first-round starter now has an advantage over the 49ers going into 2022 into that they have seen what their starters can do. Your starter is almost like...held back a class.

If it comes to that JimmyG is perceived as giving them a one-and-out at the expanded playoffs versus them trying it with Lance, I wouldn't be surprised if they do keep him. It's status quo and inertia, same as what we got here.

Again, you are talking about expectations outside the building. I don’t care, and can guarantee Shanahan doesn’t care what people expect.

They did this for the future and they’ve said so from the start.

Don’t like the idea of moving up to draft a guy high whom you don’t expect to play right away, fine. That’s cool. People have a right to that opinion. I didn’t like the idea of trading 2 1st round picks for a Strong Safety and I said so.

Would I like to see Lance play more? Of course I would.

All I’m sayin is that the media narrative cracks me up. First they say Shanahan is lying. Then he does what he says. Then there is something wrong with the player.

Nothing actually changed. The media spin changed but the plan hasn’t. It’s the product of the 24 hour news cycle where people always need a story.

I have no idea how this will turn out. I have no idea if Lance will be any good. All I am sure of is the team went into this with a plan and they have executed it just as they said they would despite all the noise.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawks own niners. Rams own hawks. Etc

However if i am a niner i am beyond pissed we can not beat russ and pete when the hawks are suckin.

VA49er

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":whhacl86 said:

However if i am a niner i am beyond pissed we can not beat russ and pete when the hawks are suckin.

It happens, look at the year 9ers went 2-14, both wins were against the Rams. No matter how much the 9ers suck they always seem to be up for games against the Rams. Same with the Hawks.

VA49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3qwg6mok said:
Marvin49":3qwg6mok said:
SantaClaraHawk":3qwg6mok said:

No.

"He's lying!".

Holding Lance out til 22 is not going to put the 9ers at a disadvantage. Did riding pine for a season put Mahomes at a disadvantage? Did starting David Carr too soon kill his career?

I'm sure the 9ers have a plan for Lance, right or wrong we won't know til next season.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
VA49er":1xcdcpzc said:
Shanegotyou11":1xcdcpzc said:

It happens, look at the year 9ers went 2-14, both wins were against the Rams. No matter how much the 9ers suck they always seem to be up for games against the Rams. Same with the Hawks.

That was in 2004 and both those wins were against the Cards, not Rams. That was also the same year the
Niners were eventually shut out in a game (after some 2 decades) and that was against the Hawks !

chris98251

Reaction score
VA49er":101vb3wl said:
SantaClaraHawk":101vb3wl said:
Marvin49":101vb3wl said:
SantaClaraHawk":101vb3wl said:

No.

"He's lying!".

Holding Lance out til 22 is not going to put the 9ers at a disadvantage. Did riding pine for a season put Mahomes at a disadvantage? Did starting David Carr too soon kill his career?

I'm sure the 9ers have a plan for Lance, right or wrong we won't know til next season.

He is very raw, the ride the bench and learn nuances is very practical, many have skills but not refined ones. More need to get mentally mature, most do, Rodgers benefitted a lot behind Farve, still wondering when the Mentally Mature is going to kick in with him however.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2h6f5sv0 said:
VA49er":2h6f5sv0 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2h6f5sv0 said:
Marvin49":2h6f5sv0 said:

No.

"He's lying!".

He is very raw, the ride the bench and learn nuances is very practical, many have skills but not refined ones. More need to get mentally mature, most do, Rodgers benefitted a lot behind Farve, still wondering when the Mentally Mature is going to kick in with him however.

Prior to Salary cap era it was common for rookie QBs to sit.

The practice didn't change because it wasn't a good idea. It changed due to the salary cap and what rookie QBs cost.

It isn't detrimental to a rookie QB to sit. It's could be argued that they don't learn as fast as they would if they were playing, but thats a viable debate.

Regardless, Lance will be more prepared to start week 1 next year than he was this year. We'll just have to see how many growing pains he still has.

VA49er

Reaction score
DIRTYDOZENFAN":txv6o0cd said:
VA49er":txv6o0cd said:
Shanegotyou11":txv6o0cd said:

That was in 2004 and both those wins were against the Cards, not Rams. That was also the same year the
Niners were eventually shut out in a game (after some 2 decades) and that was against the Hawks !

2016 week 1 and 16, both wins were against the Rams.

Nice try though, thanks for playing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":2swad4vo said:
chris98251":2swad4vo said:
VA49er":2swad4vo said:
SantaClaraHawk":2swad4vo said:

The practice didn't change because it wasn't a good idea. It changed due to the salary cap and what rookie QBs cost.

It isn't detrimental to a rookie QB to sit. It's could be argued that they don't learn as fast as they would if they were playing, but thats a viable debate.

Regardless, Lance will be more prepared to start week 1 next year than he was this year. We'll just have to see how many growing pains he still has.

Although the new structure with 5th year option has helped a lot with rookie contracts.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":ndmtclyp said:
Marvin49":ndmtclyp said:
chris98251":ndmtclyp said:
VA49er":ndmtclyp said:

Although the new structure with 5th year option has helped a lot with rookie contracts.

That and slotted salaries.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":2emvifmb said:
chris98251":2emvifmb said:
VA49er":2emvifmb said:
SantaClaraHawk":2emvifmb said:

Regardless, Lance will be more prepared to start week 1 next year than he was this year. We'll just have to see how many growing pains he still has
You traded 3 firsts and a third for a poor throwing version of Kaep. He should think about attending the Peyton Manning High School quarterback camp and learn raw mechanics first

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
VA49er":14t5q3m4 said:
DIRTYDOZENFAN":14t5q3m4 said:
VA49er":14t5q3m4 said:
Shanegotyou11":14t5q3m4 said:

2016 week 1 and 16, both wins were against the Rams.

Nice try though, thanks for playing.

Yep, your right. I just went too far back !

rlkats

Reaction score
Why are hawk fans at a 4/8 record pounding their chests about dominating my Not very good Niners? That’s just as bad as Niners fans pounding their chests about super owls from 94 and older. At 4/8 I’d be more humble like some of us Niners fans are at a lucky 6/6. Both teams SUCK fact. It’s downright comical to see a ding a ling measuring contest when both teams blow goats.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":2yv87o5y said:
Why are hawk fans at a 4/8 record pounding their chests about dominating my Not very good Niners? That’s just as bad as Niners fans pounding their chests about super owls from 94 and older. At 4/8 I’d be more humble like some of us Niners fans are at a lucky 6/6. Both teams SUCK fact. It’s downright comical to see a ding a ling measuring contest when both teams blow goats.

It's because that's what we do. It's what your fanbase does too.

It's not as much a hatefest as it is faux-sibling rivalry, and it makes it so much less boring when it's us and them.

That's why we do it.

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1xld598l said:
rlkats":1xld598l said:

It's because that's what we do. It's what your fanbase does too.

It's not as much a hatefest as it is faux-sibling rivalry, and it makes it so much less boring when it's us and them.

That's why we do it.

Ok I can see that. I get it. Thanks

Latest posts