The San Fransisco 49ers got swept by the last place team

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1pgtqhr9 said:
Marvin49":1pgtqhr9 said:
chris98251":1pgtqhr9 said:
With Lance I think both Shanahan and Lynch's job is going to be tied to his success or failure, they want to do whatever they can to not rush and ensure his success, Jimmy is auditioning now if they think Lance will be ready, if not you will have a conundrum on your hands, resign Jimmy or hope Lance gets it very fast under fire in a very tough division.

Well they have Jimmy for one more year under contract, but my guess is they trade him in the offseason.

Point is with that kind of investment the pressure mounts to start him, the pressure is also there to do something with Jimmie if he looks good the rest of the year and holds up. If Lance has been picked in the 49ers normal position and not cost so much I don't think it would have been as much of a deal.

Exactly Chris, which is why I suggested to Marv that this might be a Jordan Love situation. In that whatever GB thought Love was, he wasn't that when homeopathically "immunized" Rodgers went out with Covid. Love performed like a rookie during the Chiefs contest, and the results are that GB will increasingly do anything to get AR back, probably, for next season so they don't have to see what they have, or don't, in Love.

flv

Reaction score
Lance will have to make huge strides to be a starter next year. I don't see the 49ers moving on from Garoppolo unless they see a big improvement from Lance by preseason 2022.

VA49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":22b78zsf said:
chris98251":22b78zsf said:
With Lance I think both Shanahan and Lynch's job is going to be tied to his success or failure, they want to do whatever they can to not rush and ensure his success, Jimmy is auditioning now if they think Lance will be ready, if not you will have a conundrum on your hands, resign Jimmy or hope Lance gets it very fast under fire in a very tough division.
Yeah they're screwed at the quarterback position and you just know the kind of money Bosa will demand living in California. Imagine laughing at the Jamal Adams trade and then trading 3 firsts and a third for a bust. We've seen Lance's funky, jerky throwing motion ..... I don't know wtf that is he has the ball up high during his drop back then brings the ball all the way down to his hip before he throws. And they wonder why he has no accuracy lol. A little late in the game to be teaching fundamentals.

Lance success or failure is yet to be determined, Jamal Adams is already a bust. Doesnt matter how good you are if you can't play.

VA49er

Reaction score
Stud":92y8iiqm said:
Sports Hernia":92y8iiqm said:
Mix":92y8iiqm said:
Doesn't matter Niners fans after the game let us Hawks fans know they got 5 Championships so this game nor any game ever really matters anyways. It's like they literally just show up to remind you they used to play football well, 30 years ago.

They don't even bring up the most recent Super Bowl they were in, they go way way back to show relevancy.

BTW till Hawks took the lead late this was pretty much a Niners home game with the crowd noise.
Most Niners fans = Most Cowboys fans.

Neither team has a Lombardi this century, but they like crowing about teams their championship teams grandfathers rooted for.

That would be like us Seattle Kraken fans crowing about the 1917 Stanley Cup Champion Seattle Metropolitans after losing a game to the San Jose Sharks.

Same century the Niners won their championships.

I find it funny when Seahawks fans talk about other teams being bandwagon fans. Your team was notorious for having bandwagon fans during your super bowl runs. Where I live, I never saw Seahawks gear anywhere. Then it started popping up everywhere. It was funny how Seahawks fans just happen to be showing their pride in their team during their winning years.

Besides, the Seahawks super bowl is pretty close to 10 years old. Imagine bragging about a super bowl won when Obama was 1 year into his 2nd term. The only super bowl people will remember is Midget Wilson's pick at the 1. What a terrible thing to be remembered by. They don't call your team the "1-2"s for a no reason!

Ask most 12s who was QB before Russell Wilson? Or who is "Clipboard Jesus"? Deer in headlights look.

94Smith

Reaction score
I liken this sweep to when the 49ers beat the Seahawks with Nick Mullens at QB and I think were 4-12. Makes the Seahawks fans feel better, but in the end it doesn't mean much

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
94Smith":1nx43ym7 said:
I liken this sweep to when the 49ers beat the Seahawks with Nick Mullens at QB and I think were 4-12. Makes the Seahawks fans feel better, but in the end it doesn't mean much
The 49ers are a taunting call and a missed FG by Myers from the same record. Slow your roll guy your team is pure ass you just have the homer goggles on

VA49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3sexyqzo said:
94Smith":3sexyqzo said:
The 49ers are a taunting call and a missed FG by Myers from the same record. Slow your roll guy your team is pure ass you just have the homer goggles on

And Hawks were one no call PI in the endzone away from a loss.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
VA49er":34kyi57c said:
ArlosSpecial":34kyi57c said:
94Smith":34kyi57c said:

Kinda like when Hollister got molested in 19'? Karma is a biotch!!!
And hey if it turns out to be enough to keep you guys from the post season....OH EFFIN WELL!!!!! LMAO
Take a seat Karen :rumble: :49ersmall: :rumble:

olyfan63

Reaction score
TAB420":3t50fhb9 said:
Stud":3t50fhb9 said:
I find it funny when Seahawks fans talk about other teams being bandwagon fans. Your team was notorious for having bandwagon fans during your super bowl runs. Where I live, I never saw Seahawks gear anywhere. Then it started popping up everywhere. It was funny how Seahawks fans just happen to be showing their pride in their team during their winning years.

Besides, the Seahawks super bowl is pretty close to 10 years old. Imagine bragging about a super bowl won when Obama was 1 year into his 2nd term. The only super bowl people will remember is Midget Wilson's pick at the 1. What a terrible thing to be remembered by. They don't call your team the "1-2"s for a no reason!

Ban this troll

"Midget Wilson's pick at the 1. What a terrible thing to be remembered by"
Actually he's kind of amusing. Has some fair points mixed in with the smack. I'll allow it.
AS IF I HAD ANY ACTUAL AUTHORITY TO BAN ANYONE, LOL. :irishdrinkers:

That was a dark day and everything surrounding it has taken on a life of its own over the years. Definitely well-remembered everywhere. In fairness to the midget, he has a very good career record vs. the 49ers, so maybe the Niners need to impose a height cap on their QBs to have more success vs. Seattle. Sign Taylor Heinicke? He's 1-0 vs. the Hawks. For those on an even tighter budget, there's always PJ Walker. He beat the Seattle Dragons in their matchup.

olyfan63

Reaction score
VA49er":1962b5uz said:
ArlosSpecial":1962b5uz said:
chris98251":1962b5uz said:
Yeah they're screwed at the quarterback position and you just know the kind of money Bosa will demand living in California. Imagine laughing at the Jamal Adams trade and then trading 3 firsts and a third for a bust. We've seen Lance's funky, jerky throwing motion ..... I don't know wtf that is he has the ball up high during his drop back then brings the ball all the way down to his hip before he throws. And they wonder why he has no accuracy lol. A little late in the game to be teaching fundamentals.

Lance success or failure is yet to be determined, Jamal Adams is already a bust. Doesnt matter how good you are if you can't play.
Jamal Adams... the jury is still out, but have to agree that if he's chronically unavailable for years with shoulder issues, the trade will be a BUST. Not like Seattle would have drafted well with those picks though. The bright side is we get to see what we have in Ryan Neal. I think he might be a better cover guy than Adams, and for sure has better hands for actually catching picks.

I just hope they're not successful at turning Lance into sophomore Mahomes. I have a hunch that is what the SF braintrust was salivating over in trading up to get Lance.

NINEster

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":24p9fiwu said:
VA49er":24p9fiwu said:
ArlosSpecial":24p9fiwu said:
94Smith":24p9fiwu said:

And hey if it turns out to be enough to keep you guys from the post season....OH EFFIN WELL!!!!! LMAO

Hollister initiated contact within those 5 yards, completely different.

Similar defensive contact when Bowman knocked down a Matt Ryan pass to send the Niners to the Super Bowl.

The Seahawks have the Niners number mentally but also on the officiating end as well, since this rivalry started in 2012.

You're not going to want to go down that road.

NINEster

Reaction score
olyfan63":t0vznj7f said:
TAB420":t0vznj7f said:
Stud":t0vznj7f said:

Ban this troll

"Midget Wilson's pick at the 1. What a terrible thing to be remembered by"
Actually he's kind of amusing. Has some fair points mixed in with the smack. I'll allow it.
AS IF I HAD ANY ACTUAL AUTHORITY TO BAN ANYONE, LOL. :irishdrinkers:

That was a dark day and everything surrounding it has taken on a life of its own over the years. Definitely well-remembered everywhere. In fairness to the midget, he has a very good career record vs. the 49ers, so maybe the Niners need to impose a height cap on their QBs to have more success vs. Seattle. Sign Taylor Heinicke? He's 1-0 vs. the Hawks. For those on an even tighter budget, there's always PJ Walker. He beat the Seattle Dragons in their matchup.

I hate teams having other teams # in general.

While some non star QBs have beaten the Seahawks (Case Keenum did it twice with the Rams), the Niners have beaten the Rams with every sort of QB imaginable.

And the Rams before McVay made Russell Wilson and that offense look completely smothered. Special teams TDs left and right. The St. Louis Rams were the one NFL team that gave me the preview years and years ago that Wilson was a good but maybe not so amazing QB that others thought.

Niners defeat the Rams with regularity and I wish I could enjoy the feeling. If the Niners beat the Seahawks 31-10 like they did the the Rams weeks ago I'd still be pumped about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hollister initiated contact??? Oh brother. So, it's not PI when a guy is literally being hugged in the end zone?

Nice try.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
NINEster":2vu70ttf said:
ArlosSpecial":2vu70ttf said:
VA49er":2vu70ttf said:
ArlosSpecial":2vu70ttf said:

Hollister initiated contact within those 5 yards, completely different.

Similar defensive contact when Bowman knocked down a Matt Ryan pass to send the Niners to the Super Bowl.

The Seahawks have the Niners number mentally but also on the officiating end as well, since this rivalry started in 2012.

You're not going to want to go down that road.
You could've just left it at "The Seahawks have the Niners number" but then you had to go and blame the refs. lol This league has some of the worst parity I've seen in a koon's age. Probably ever

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
49ers are a game back from the Rams for the playoffs. It is in their interest tomorrow to be rooting for us.

9er4life

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1ol98nq0 said:
49ers are a game back from the Rams for the playoffs. It is in their interest tomorrow to be rooting for us.

No its not, we have them last game. Personally any Seahawk loss is a good day.

NINEster

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2yxnanqt said:

Not super critical honestly.

49ers aren't going to clinch the NFC West without two teams nosediving.

None of it matters.

Seahawks are on their own. Besides, do we REALLY WANT the Seahawks to finish 9-8 and knock us out of the playoffs? :roll:

Latest posts