Tre flower + 3rd round pick for Julio Jones?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":1hrfwvv5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1hrfwvv5 said:
oldhawkfan":1hrfwvv5 said:
Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

Giphy

Sure, but if that does indeed happen there will be a whole lot of other teams trying to sign him too. Is Seattle really going to be able to give him a better offer than any other team? Seems awfully unlikely to me.

So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player who's stats plummeted in 2020 so that you can grab him before other teams get a chance to talk to him after he's cut?

Glad some of you guys aren't GM's, that's for sure.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":osw9mcby said:
So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player
Unless I'm mistaken, Julio's cap hit would be $15M for 2021, $11.5M 2022, $11.5M 2023 after he's traded.

So if they trade Adams and add Julio, they'll gain a lot more draft capital and a lot more future cap space.

Marquise Blair and Ryan Neal can replace Adams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":3prqqshx said:
Sgt. Largent":3prqqshx said:
So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player
Unless I'm mistaken, Julio's cap hit would be $15M for 2021, $11.5M 2022, $11.5M 2023 after he's traded.

So if they trade Adams and add Julio, they'll gain a lot more draft capital and a lot more future cap space.

Marquise Blair and Ryan Neal can replace Adams.

the interwebz says Jone's cap hit in 2021 is 23M, thus why he's gonna get cut after June 1st.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-fal ... ones-7721/

Unless there's a new rule I don't know about where the new team get's cap relief without re-structuring the contract.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ederrlp said:
Chapow":2ederrlp said:
Sgt. Largent":2ederrlp said:
oldhawkfan":2ederrlp said:
Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

Giphy

Sure, but if that does indeed happen there will be a whole lot of other teams trying to sign him too. Is Seattle really going to be able to give him a better offer than any other team? Seems awfully unlikely to me.

So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player who's stats plummeted in 2020 so that you can grab him before other teams get a chance to talk to him after he's cut?

Glad some of you guys aren't GM's, that's for sure.

:34853_doh:

Maybe you should consider reading the whole thread. This is my first post in this thread,

Chapow":2ederrlp said:
We don't have a 3rd round pick this year, so unless they'd be willing to accept a low-ish 4th round pick we'd have to give them either our 2nd round pick or next years 2nd or 3rd (just going by what is written in the article, and who knows how accurate or realistic that is).

But I'm not sure any of that really matters. Jones cap hit for 2021 is $23 million. I'm sure there are ways the Seahawks could make that work if they really wanted to, but at what cost?

Absolutely love me some Julio Jones, but this just doesn't seem like a good move for the Seahawks at this time to me.

I think it's pretty clear that I don't think we should trade picks and players and be on the hook for his cap hit. I don't think we're in a good position to do that.

My point was that even if he does become available after June 1st, it's far from a certainty that we'd be able to sign him. Hell, IMO it's probably not even very likely.

But thanks for reminding me why it's pointless and a complete waste of time to try to have a rational football conversation on this board.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
massari":2mtrxl8y said:
Throwdown":2mtrxl8y said:
And never win a super bowl again
Sports Hernia":2mtrxl8y said:
Trading Adam’s would be stupid.
Why make comments like this without reasoning?
It was said the same vein that trading Adam’s was.
I think it’s stupid, you apparently don’t. It is what it is.
No reason to take things personal when others may not agree with your POV.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Don’t need Julio.

Need a premier number 1 corner and/or better offensive line play.

If you’re looking for a third receiver to step up, Everett should be that person.

Carroll wants to run the ball better, Julio is not necessary to assist in this goal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":3jnhvd6y said:
Maybe you should consider reading the whole thread. This is my first post in this thread,

I never read the whole thread, I like to come to each thread with the quickest most irrational knee jerk visceral and emotional reaction as humanly possible so I can have one fleeting moment of sanctimonious pleasure before returning to my soul crushing job draining the lifeforce from my very being.

I hope you'll forgive me.

chrispy

Reaction score
I think there's a missing aspect to this thread: Julio might want to come to Seattle. ... and he could have some input on how much he's willing to renegotiate his contract.

If I were Julio, playing opposite DK with Lockett rounding out 3WR sets, it's a great place to keep catching balls for a long time. If he's motivated and if he knows he's not getting his 23M that applies to '21 cap, he could be in a situation to renegotiate with voidable years and conversion of some income to sign-on and such. If the cap hit was smaller, it could make sense for Seahawks. If JJ wants to play for a long time on a team with 3 #1 receivers to avoid double teams and hits over the middle there could be a match.

...just another aspect that seems relevant.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Julio only started 9 games last year and scored 3 TDs.
He only scored 6 TDs in 2019 in 15 games.

There's so many reasons why this would be a bad trade for us. He would get frustrated in an offense that plans on featuring the run.

And as mentioned earlier, this team should be focusing on getting a good starting corner and pass rush

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cumlhynf said:
the interwebz says Jone's cap hit in 2021 is 23M, thus why he's gonna get cut after June 1st.

Unless there's a new rule I don't know about where the new team get's cap relief without re-structuring the contract.
Pretty sure the team that trades for him would only have to pay his base salary, which is $15M this season and $11.5 the next two seasons.

Sports Hernia":cumlhynf said:
massari":cumlhynf said:
Throwdown":cumlhynf said:
Sports Hernia":cumlhynf said:
wut?

When someone replies to me with strong statements disagreeing, I sort of expect some sort of reasoning.

Taking it personal? Weird post all around.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
massari":2ridhubm said:
Sgt. Largent":2ridhubm said:

Pretty sure the team that trades for him would only have to pay his base salary, which is $15M this season and $11.5 the next two seasons.

Sports Hernia":2ridhubm said:
massari":2ridhubm said:
Throwdown":2ridhubm said:
Sports Hernia":2ridhubm said:
wut?

When someone replies to me with strong statements disagreeing, I sort of expect some sort of reasoning.

Taking it personal? Weird post all around.
:34853_doh:
Speaking of wut....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If the Falcons really want to unload Jones for the cap relief and get a player of real value in return, then they need to get creative and include the #4 pick.

If they're truly OK with Ryan as their QB for the next 2-3 years, then trade Jones and the #4 pick......and the line would be out the door with suitors offering really good players and picks in return.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I believe no team will trade for Julio's contract in this market.

Further I can't see the team trading for him as a short term rather expensive rental. Besides that there is seriously little likelihood the falcons would consider a trade involving Tre Flowers.

Frankly would agree that if the Falcons are genuinely interested in offloading Julio's deal by trading him he'll get cut before he gets traded unless he's traded for next to no compensation. He's most likely to just get cut.

xray

Reaction score
The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

xray

Reaction score
xray":137wa1z3 said:
The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

Ok , go get Sherm . Problem solved . :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xray":1s22gc7k said:
Trey knows the system, he just doesn’t cover or play the ball well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xray":1l1nikqj said:
xray":1l1nikqj said:

There you go, much better solution IMHO. :2thumbs:

flv

Reaction score
massari":2fbatds7 said:
Sgt. Largent":2fbatds7 said:

You are correct. Any team trading for Jones would be acquiring his $15.3M guaranteed salary in 2021, $11.513M guaranteed salary in 2022, and an $11.513M non-guaranteed option for 2023. All of the other outstanding dead money, ($23.25M), would stay with the Falcons.

Since the salaries for 2021 and 2022 are fully guaranteed there is no reason for him to be be cut.

Later edit: Only $2M of the 2022 salary is fully guaranteed. :oops:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
xray":17xkb2fu said:
xray":17xkb2fu said:

I wish they would