Tre flower + 3rd round pick for Julio Jones?

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets sign Older injured Vets for 15 million plus a year so they can watch from the IR list, please we have not done this since last season, then get rid of our young Pro Bowlers that have something to prove so we can afford that IR list.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I doubt this happens but to clear up a few things:

1. His cap hit in 2021 would be 15.3M in 2021 (his guaranteed salary) for any team that trades for him. The cap hit from his pro-rated bonus would be absorbed by the Falcons as dead money.

2. Beyond 2021 the only $$$ the Seahawks would be on the hook for is $2M of his 2022 salary, which is also guaranteed.

3. It's possible Jones would agree to lower his 2021 salary to make a trade happen (kind of like Dunlap did last year), but this is much less likely since Jones' 2021 salary is fully guaranteed. However there are other ways to lower his cap hit, like converting that salary in to a signing bonus.

4. Yes, Jones may get cut, but waiting for that to happen means you are competing with other teams to sign him. If you want him bad enough you give up a little bit to acquire him in a trade.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Jerhawk":o2j7z5l8 said:
xray":o2j7z5l8 said:
xray":o2j7z5l8 said:
The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

Ok , go get Sherm . Problem solved . :D

I wish they would
Time for Sherm to come home, he wants to, we need to.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
xray":1zm90nee said:
xray":1zm90nee said:
The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

If Sherm was still a shutdown corner, he would've been signed a long time ago.

They can afford both Julio and Sherm if they make the right moves.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm hasn't been shut down for a few years. Just because people like the guy, doesn't mean he is still a great player. In his prime, an all time great probably. Now, he looks slow out there.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
massari":2t85sv58 said:
xray":2t85sv58 said:
xray":2t85sv58 said:

Like how

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":a920pvwj said:
massari":a920pvwj said:
xray":a920pvwj said:
xray":a920pvwj said:

Like how

Trade Adams, Wilson, Wagner, Flowers, Diggs. We have seen the solution all off season from the whackos, ummm sorry those guys really know their stuff.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ajt2t9l said:
If the Falcons really want to unload Jones for the cap relief and get a player of real value in return, then they need to get creative and include the #4 pick.

If they're truly OK with Ryan as their QB for the next 2-3 years, then trade Jones and the #4 pick......and the line would be out the door with suitors offering really good players and picks in return.

oldhawkfan":1ajt2t9l said:
Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

I'd be fine with drafting the best non-QB in the draft at #4... Kyle Pitts. (I've seen some say he's the best player in the draft but that's neither here nor there)

True, the defense would still suck...but man, the offense would be fun to watch even if Julio is gone.

:mrgreen:

(I think Ryan has a good 3-4 years left)

Fanatics

Reaction score
The trade would need to be on the hush hush if it is to happen anyway, because Atlanta can't take the cap hit right now. They can post June 1st, so it would need to be a trade on paper only and then after June 1st, the falcons/Seahawks could trade the capital to finish the trade, including drafted players and such.

Fade

Reaction score
sutz":100jw3cj said:
Doubt it. Not enough cap space.

Cap space? LOL. Someone hasn't been paying attention this off-season.

Julio Jones cap hits when traded will be:

2021: $15.3M
2022: $11.5M
2023: $11.5M

If left untouched.

But the team trading for him could create voidable years and lower the numbers further, give a signing bonus/restructure and take it down to a really low number with a $1M base + signing bonus pro-ration in 2021. The salary cap is a joke, designed to keep player salaries down, and owners richer.

Trey Flowers and a 3rd feels like a steal. I think ATL would be looking for more than that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":34l3rbd0 said:
sutz":34l3rbd0 said:

If left untouched.

But the team trading for him could create voidable years and lower the numbers further, give a signing bonus/restructure and take it down to a really low number with a $1M base + signing bonus pro-ration in 2021. The salary cap is a joke, designed to keep player salaries down, and owners richer.

Trey Flowers and a 3rd feels like a steal. I think ATL would be looking for more than that.

Why trade picks and/or players for a rapidly declining 32 year old WR when you can get him on June 2nd........AND commit another 2-3 years with a restructured contract adding more dead cap to the end of that deal?

No thanks, this is a thread that never should have been made. You want to give Jones a one year deal for 6-7M to come be our 3rd WR? I'm all for it, I think he's got another year or two in the tank as long as he's not asked to play all the snaps and be your #1 WR.

But trade for AND take on an extension or restructure? No thanks.

hawker84

Reaction score
Percy Harvin 2.0. What good does it do to bring in a stud, when your QB is running for his life every play... did the line vastly improve or something?

rcaido

Reaction score
I only see this happening if somehow we trade Lockett for some draft picks.

Fade

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2iznfuim said:
Fade":2iznfuim said:
sutz":2iznfuim said:

If left untouched.

Why trade picks and/or players for a rapidly declining 32 year old WR when you can get him on June 2nd........AND commit another 2-3 years with a restructured contract adding more dead cap to the end of that deal?

No thanks, this is a thread that never should have been made. You want to give Jones a one year deal for 6-7M to come be our 3rd WR? I'm all for it, I think he's got another year or two in the tank as long as he's not asked to play all the snaps and be your #1 WR.

But trade for AND take on an extension or restructure? No thanks.

First of all Jones will get a lot more than $6-7M if he hits the open market, and 2nd I was just pointing out that if the Seahawks have any interest in Jones whatsoever his cap hits will not be a deterrent. It will be more about fit, and draft pick allocation.