Want Earl Back at the Right Price? He Might be Available.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
When players start to believe the press clippings it's a problem. Never believe you are as good as others say you are.

Barry Sanders will always remain the paragon of humble superstardom for me.

sutz

Reaction score
Remember also that Earl was a 1st Rd pick. He had already gotten two mega contracts and was asking for a third.

As I said earlier, loved him for what he gave us, but that ship has sailed and Earl cut the lines holding it to the dock.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
No thanks. Not a need now. See you at a possible ring of honor induction. There will have to be some serious healing in order for that to eventually happen. Does a dishonorable exit from the team automatically make for a ring of honor based solely on the players on field abilities? For his play he is a ring of honor candidate. For his exit, no. If he does ever get in, he will probably be the last of the LOB.

sutz

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1kdg64y9 said:
No thanks. Not a need now. See you at a possible ring of honor induction. There will have to be some serious healing in order for that to eventually happen. Does a dishonorable exit from the team automatically make for a ring of honor based solely on the players on field abilities? For his play he is a ring of honor candidate. For his exit, no. If he does ever get in, he will probably be the last of the LOB.
It took a lot of years for the Easley rift to heal, but it happened. In his case, though, it was more the team's fault than Kenny's. They treated him pretty badly at the end. I don't recall Easley dissing the team like ET has.

toffee

Reaction score
Earl was released by Raven for conduct detrimental to team. He is a free agent.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Boohman14

Reaction score
I loved Earl in the day...but he's in decline. We really don't know what Diggs will bring next season. He played hurt and gave us a spark. He'll be healthy this year. Our secondary is forming quite nicely and will be a bunch of ball hawks. If we can mount a just decent pass rush we'll be a force again.

No thanks to Earl. I hope he goes home to Dallas and plays out his dream. I don't hate him for the way he left but he's not a team guy and that's what is needed in leadership.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I personally don't think after his actions here that he belongs in the ROH..but I know I'm in the minority around here that think that.

warden

Reaction score
Earl and Richard’s self importance became so great, that it was time to move on from them

Natethegreat

Reaction score
For me it was good bye and good riddance for Thomas and Sherm. Wouldn't want either back and this doesn't change much for me. We already saw this when he was here. They both got way too big of egos and think the world revolves around them.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I will always enjoy Earl’s time here before his injuries and what not flipping off Carroll.

Earl appears to be in a downward spiral in his career and suitors will be on notice of his issues.

That being said, it’s a no from me.

I’m very excited to see the Diggs and Adams tandem.

It may be as exciting as Thomas and Chancellor.

But at some point you have to move on.

And Diggs and Adams is very exciting.

No, to Earl!

slateman77

Reaction score
Do you remember Earl's earlier years before he was well known he had a booth set up on the streets of downtown Seattle offering "FREE" safety advise..?? Very comical...But sad Earl just couldn't stay humble.

Atradees

Reaction score
Karma got em at last...he still gettin paid like a King. My thinking is that you cant get along with Pete; you cant get along with anyone.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If Seattle was the only team in the NFL to offer Earl a contract, he would pass. There's no way he would ever play for Pete Carroll again.

Elemas

Reaction score
Great player while he was here. One of my favorites. I don't hold any resentment towards him for the way he left.

If you look at this strictly from a performance perspective, no. Hard pass.

I'm not saying he can't recover as he's likely to be more motivated than ever but, dudes lost a step or two.

Keep what we have...wish him the best.

toffee

Reaction score
Elemas":21p5r9jg said:
Great player while he was here. One of my favorites. I don't hold any resentment towards him for the way he left.

If you look at this strictly from a performance perspective, no. Hard pass.

I'm not saying he can't recover as he's likely to be more motivated than ever but, dudes lost a step or two.

Keep what we have...wish him the best.
If no team offer him a contract, hungry children and all, He and his brother can put on a road show to make ends meet.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TraderGary

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2u5th192 said:
I personally don't think after his actions here that he belongs in the ROH..but I know I'm in the minority around here that think that.

Well if you're in the minority, then you have some company because I agree with you. But here's the problem with that. You MUST have the LOB in the ROH at some point, and ET was a big part of the LOB. So when it comes right down to it, I guess I'm torn.

But the Dallas fiasco and then flipping Pete off on national television for the whole world to see makes me not want him in the ROH. In my opinion, that's for players that not only excelled on the football field, but represented the organization proudly. After Earl's antics, I don't think you can say that about him. But how do you include the LOB in the ROH without Earl? It's a dilemma.

As for the OP's original question, no I don't want him here any longer. That ship has sailed. With Adams, Diggs, Dunbar, Griffin, an improving Flowers and an up and coming Marquise Blair, this secondary has a chance to be scary good, and quite possibly the 2nd coming of the Legion of Boom. On paper, I can't think of a better secondary in the league.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think they should do the ROH as one banner for them, all 4 of the originals, They were a group, they go in as a group, Brandon may miss it also as could Earl, but they can be honored just the same.