What’s the fairest way to deal with the Nfl rescheduling issue?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This is one of the options Florio discusses. Play Bengals-bills during nfc playoffs, push afc playoffs one week out. Pro bowl moves to after SB. Everyone gets an Extra week except Bengals and Bills, but in fairness, those Teams did not Have to play most of mnf.

renofox

Reaction score
This is one of the options Florio discusses. Play Bengals-bills during nfc playoffs, push afc playoffs one week out. Pro bowl moves to after SB. Everyone gets an Extra week except Bengals and Bills, but in fairness, those Teams did not Have to play most of mnf.

I don't like it.

2 week rest period for super bowl teams is there for a reason - to give players plenty of rest so they can perform at their peak.

Somos doces

Reaction score
The best way to deal with it is to sit back and see what happens. We don't make those decisions and the ones that do don't care what we think anyway.
Exactly this. Why would the opinions of fans (of a team that is completely uninvolved, for that matter) be of any consequence? Although the situation is horrific, I do appreciate this unprecedented opportunity to observe how the league handles this. I just don't have any misapprehensions that what I think should happen is either correct or will ultimately happen.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Exactly this. Why would the opinions of fans (of a team that is completely uninvolved, for that matter) be of any consequence? Although the situation is horrific, I do appreciate this unprecedented opportunity to observe how the league handles this. I just don't have any misapprehensions that what I think should happen is either correct or will ultimately happen.

I don’t understand this reasoning. I mean, it’s a football board where we all talk about what we as individuals think the league should do.

James in PA

Reaction score
If it were up to me, the Bengals and Bills would just have a 16 game schedule while the rest of the league has 17 games. As far as seedings, you go by winning "percentage" as the first tiebreaker and right down the list. Its the most simple, fair, least disruptive way to do it. That's why I fully expect the NFL to do something completely different.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does it really matter to us Hawks fans?

However the league deals with this unprecedented situation will only really affect the AFC.

The league has already put the screw in already by rescheduling the Packers/Lions game to Sunday night. This of course makes for a situation where if the Hawks win on Sunday the Lions won’t have a shot at making the playoffs.

The only genuine positive is the Lions are a team on the rise and their coach won’t accept a less than total effort from his team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This whole mess over not completing 1 game..It's silly
I get the game could not be completed that night but
to just wash it is stupid.
So you got everyone playing 17 while two played 16?
Who thinks these things up?

KinesProf

Reaction score
Play out this weekend. Remove the conferences and seed the teams 1-16 (so that you have a number divisible by 2) by winning % with other tiebreakers (head to head, strength of schedule), team 1 selects their opponent and so on and so forth.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
They should have just hung both teams with a tie, or a loss as a forfeit. Would have been much simpler, fairer, and not potentially screw some team's home fans by denying them a game, and chance to see their team locally in an important title game. The league is screwing shit up in the interest of "fairness" and it's just complicating things, and ruining a potential one in a lifetime chance for a whole fanbase potentially.

This kind of thing, the bad officiating, ridiculous controversies about anthem protests, all of it detract from the quality of the game. Shame on the NFL.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I would have rather seen them postpone this week's games, complete Bills-Bengals on Sunday 1/8, play Week 18 on 1/14-15, start the playoffs on 1/21-22, eliminate the bye week after the championship games, then play the SB as scheduled. That's similar to what they did in 2001 following 9/11.

Rainger

Reaction score
It never should have happened the way it did. NFL screwing up again.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I literally laugh out loud and look down on anyone and everyone who allows the words "fair" and "NFL" to escape their Idiocricy lips post Superbowl XL. Wake up. Get a grip. This is a business, your menial platitudes of fairness and equity have literally ZERO relevance in a multi-billion dollar industry, lol. Jesus Christ, get real. You'll get better results doing a rain dance in the Sahara Desert.