Who do we LEAST want to see in the playoffs?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Aros":333yxqzd said:
The Bucs beating the Lions was their Get Right Game no less than our game against the Jets. I wouldn't look too much into it.

I'm not trying to diminish the Bucs win or make excuses for the Lions loss, but it should be noted that Detroit was without much of their coaching staff:

The Detroit Lions announced today that Interim Head Coach Darrell Bevell, Defensive Coordinator Cory Undlin, Defensive Line Coach Bo Davis, Defensive Backs Coach Steve Gregory and Linebackers Coach Ty McKenzie will not coach in Saturday's game against Tampa Bay due to COVID-19 protocols.

The following assistant coaches will assume interim responsibilities on game day:

Wide Receivers Coach Robert Prince (head coach)
Quarterbacks Coach Sean Ryan (offensive play caller)
Head Coach Assistant/Research & Analysis Evan Rothstein (defensive play caller)
Defensive Assistant Tony Carter (defensive backs)
Director of Football Research David Corrao (linebackers)
William Clay Ford Minority Coaching Assistant Ty Warren (defensive line)

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions ... nouncement

And that's not to mention that they've been without a true head coach since Matt Patricia was fired 3 weeks ago. Also, starting QB Mathew Stafford was injured during the Lions first possession and didn't return.

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":3upieduj said:
Aros":3upieduj said:
The Bucs beating the Lions was their Get Right Game no less than our game against the Jets. I wouldn't look too much into it.

I'm not trying to diminish the Bucs win or make excuses for the Lions loss, but it should be noted that Detroit was without much of their coaching staff:

The Detroit Lions announced today that Interim Head Coach Darrell Bevell, Defensive Coordinator Cory Undlin, Defensive Line Coach Bo Davis, Defensive Backs Coach Steve Gregory and Linebackers Coach Ty McKenzie will not coach in Saturday's game against Tampa Bay due to COVID-19 protocols.

The following assistant coaches will assume interim responsibilities on game day:

Wide Receivers Coach Robert Prince (head coach)
Quarterbacks Coach Sean Ryan (offensive play caller)
Head Coach Assistant/Research & Analysis Evan Rothstein (defensive play caller)
Defensive Assistant Tony Carter (defensive backs)
Director of Football Research David Corrao (linebackers)
William Clay Ford Minority Coaching Assistant Ty Warren (defensive line)

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions ... nouncement

And that's not to mention that they've been without a true head coach since Matt Patricia was fired 3 weeks ago. Also, starting QB Mathew Stafford was injured during the Lions first possession and didn't return.

Out of the playoffs, no staff, guys being let go all season, Stafford not right.

This was a can the season end today game for the Lions and the Bucs caught them in a position of being in a burning Airplane without a Parachute.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bottom line......which team has the strongest mindset.....maintaining it throughout the entire game. Games of this caliber are won and lost by the team with the fewest lapses of focus. The game can be lost in as few as one or two plays. It doesn't matter who the Hawks are playing. If they have kept the other team close, they have the best record of winning games in the final two minutes. In Russ we trust! Mental toughness will determine the Super Bowl winner this year! :eek:wned:

chris98251

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who we face.

3 factors

Health
Preparation
Able to adjust to the situation

Zebras come in down the list also, but the things that bite us are the 3 above.

We can play with anyone, if we get all three facets working at the same time we can dominate, we always seem to forget one at the Airport though.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I get that this was the Bucs get right game. But, putting up 40 points in just over 2 quarters is extremely impressive. No matter the opponent.

The Bucs have actually been trending in the right direction in recent weeks. Brady is hitting on the deep throws. They're peaking at the right time. The rest of the league won't catch on until it's too late.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Green Bay at Lambeau, in the "frozen tundra".

Aside from that, every game will be tough. Every playoff game will also be winnable by the Hawks bringing their A game.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":ztncfa0w said:
I'll say it......
If the (correct) Seahawk team shows up,
I fear NO ONE until K.C. (in Tampa) on February, 7th 2021
:irishdrinkers:

Me too, but I dont care about KC either. They are very beatable just like atlanta proved today and we beat mahomes 2 years ago.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1p9o9bx2 said:
The Seahawk team which played the Giants. If that team shows up, it’s one and done.

The offense that showed up against the Giants. The defense that showed up against the Bills.

vonstout

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15s159py said:
Lambeau will be empty.

Game could be at a local high school in Manitowoc, all the same.

The chances for inclement weather are far greater in Seattle than Wisconsin. It's cold, typically dry.

The Saints to me are the biggest challenge.

Green Bay averages 4 feet of snow a year. It’s likely there will be snow and low temps. I live by Madison which isn’t quite as bad

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe it's time to get over the Giants game and look forward? Dwelling on it and/or acting like that somehow equates to how they will play in the playoffs is a waste of time imo.
Doesn't matter who they play, IF they play their A game, they flat out can beat any team in the league.

hoxrox

Reaction score
GB NO TB in that order.

Any other NFC team, I like our chances.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would rather play the Saints than anyone else not the Rams or not in the NFC East.

I think Tampa or GB would just shell us. We would be down 3 TDs by halftime against either of them.

The Saints I think we can compete with in a shootout.

Obviously Green Bay in inclement weather would be a nightmare for us. Especially now that GB has a much better coach now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Since when do the Hawks get Shelled? It's pretty rare. Maybe a game a year. Getting blown out is not even close to normal in Seattle. This offense can put up points on ANY team in the league.
Not trying to argue, just saying that this is the playoffs. It's shouldn't matter who they play, it's gonna' very likely be a good team. The assumptions that they are gonna' get smoked seem a little far fetched.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":snq1ryop said:
Wenhawk":snq1ryop said:
New Orleans with a healthy Michael Thomas and Drew Brees
Saints are last on my list. Brees is done.

I much more concerned about Kamara, that dude can put away a game. KJ and Bobby can't handle him. Having Thomas and Brees Healthy will prevent us from being able to put 8 in the box all the time.

Rodgers is playing much better this year than in the last few but Bress isn't totally done, still completing 70% of his passes.

I think NO is better than GB but playing in GB is harder with the weather. Of course Brady is a Playoff machine. I am not worried about the rest right not. Hoping we dont' end up having to play

Vs TB
@ NO
@ GB

to get to the Bowl, but Iron sharpens iron and this would make lead to a crazy SB vs KC, Pitt, or Buff

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Playoffs, everyone is 0-0. What happened during the season has absolutely nothing to do with what happens on game day in the playoffs.
That's the best part about it. Get in the tourney and let's see what happens. I seriously doubt anyone saw Tenn. almost making the Super Bowl. Get hot come playoff time and anything can happen.

94Smith

Reaction score
For the Seahawks I would say the Packers, but for any other NFC team I would say the Seahawks as it seems as though your defense is starting to figure things out

nanomoz

Reaction score
@Lambeau. For sure.

The last time the 'Hawks won there was twenty-one years ago. Mike Holmgren's first year coaching in Seattle.