Who do we LEAST want to see in the playoffs?

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The Rams with a healthy Goff are my biggest worry. Nothing like a divisional rival who knows you well.

The Packers are a bunch of pretty boys. Punch 'em in the mouth early and they will fold. Without fans, it doesn;t matter where we play 'em, we're used to inclement weather.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I don't like this question. It's self defeating. The only team the Hawks have to worry about is themselves. They have the horses, the experience, the juice, and the mentality to beat anyone, anywhere at any time. Creates self doubt, this line of questioning does.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Hawks can win against anybody if they play their best football but some matchups are more difficult than others.

Whether you like Aaron Rodgers or not, you have to give him credit this season for being at the very top of the QB profession if you've been watching games. He has broken 10 AY/A nine times this season so far and is averaging 9.4 AY/A with a 44-5 TD-INT ratio. That is right up there for best QB season in history with Peyton's 2004 season and Brady's 2007 season. We'll have a shot if we end up against them but the Packers have a very high ceiling.

D

DomeHawk

It's looks like the Packers now with them, like the Seahawks, seemingly peaking at the right time.

Lambeau Field in January? No thanks.

Boohman14

Reaction score
WarHawks":3gzd9i51 said:
I don't like this question. It's self defeating. The only team the Hawks have to worry about is themselves. They have the horses, the experience, the juice, and the mentality to beat anyone, anywhere at any time. Creates self doubt, this line of questioning does.

I agree. I want us to play the best teams available. The Hawks can beat anybody, and lose to any playoff team. I like that we seem to be peaking at the right time. I want to earn a Superbowl berth so when we play in the big game we enter with confidence.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have seen enough football to know that there isn't a team I am worried about the Seahawks playing and every team on the playoff schedule has a good chance of beating the others. I like the Hawks chances.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
nanomoz":g5x9vsxd said:
@Lambeau. For sure.

The last time the 'Hawks won there was twenty-one years ago. Mike Holmgren's first year coaching in Seattle.

And Rodgers has never beat Wilson here. If there is any year that home field means as little it is this one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
When it comes to playing against Green Bay, the refs scare me more than the Packers team does.

Also, all you lurking Packers fans - the Fail Mary WAS called correctly, the photo from a new angle that came out the day AFTER the game proved it, you just aren't capable of logical and semi-unbiased thinking. I remember that well from my time living in your $***hole state.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

RolandDeschain":1k38jf64 said:
When it comes to playing against Green Bay, the refs scare me more than the Packers team does.

Also, all you lurking Packers fans - the Fail Mary WAS called correctly, the photo from a new angle that came out the day AFTER the game proved it, you just aren't capable of logical and semi-unbiased thinking. I remember that well from my time living in your $***hole state.
I'm clearly a diehard Seahawks fan and not a Pack fan but do you really think the fail mary was correctly called? Can I see said photo?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Welshers":whb5fm1q said:
I'm clearly a diehard Seahawks fan and not a Pack fan but do you really think the fail mary was correctly called? Can I see said photo?
It was absolutely called correctly. Per the rules, simultaneous possession goes to the receiver not the defender and they both had their hands on it with Tate's feet getting to the ground first. Also, for those who say Tate committed OPI; sure he did, but on a hail Mary pass at the end of a game the refs NEVER call that.

This Packers fan even references seeing the pic in question a couple days later:
https://bigcheesedad.com/2014/08/29/fai ... correctly/

Img 5701

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ju8l0he said:
Welshers":2ju8l0he said:
It was absolutely called correctly. Per the rules, simultaneous possession goes to the receiver not the defender and they both had their hands on it with Tate's feet getting to the ground first. Also, for those who say Tate committed OPI; sure he did, but on a hail Mary pass at the end of a game the refs NEVER call that.

This Packers fan even references seeing the pic in question a couple days later:

Img 5701

Exactly, simultaneous possession, advantage offense. Packer fans treat it as it was a fumble and whoever wrestles the ball away on the ground gains possession, but this wasn't a fumble situation.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

RolandDeschain":2edh0ky9 said:
Welshers":2edh0ky9 said:

Img 5701
it seems to me it wasnt simultaneous though. it always looks like Jennings had it first. I mean Tate only had one hand on the ball when Jennings got possession, then he throws his other hand in there. Whatever, it's done and gone and I was thrilled with the call. But it seemed to be a bad call if you look at it unbiasedly. Still glad we got the call because screw the Pack

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Welshers":fjjs4l81 said:
it seems to me it wasnt simultaneous though. it always looks like Jennings had it first. I mean Tate only had one hand on the ball when Jennings got possession, then he throws his other hand in there. Whatever, it's done and gone and I was thrilled with the call. But it seemed to be a bad call if you look at it unbiasedly. Still glad we got the call because screw the Pack
Touching, possessing, and controlling the ball are all different things. You can't possess a ball in the air. Also, number of hands touching a ball is irrelevant. If one hand doesn't count then we better go take off all the one-handed catch completions that happen every season by receivers, lol. You should read this part of the NFL rule book, it gets pretty specific.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

RolandDeschain":23zmr0nl said:
Welshers":23zmr0nl said:
Touching, possessing, and controlling the ball are all different things. You can't possess a ball in the air. Also, number of hands touching a ball is irrelevant. If one hand doesn't count then we better go take off all the one-handed catch completions that happen every season by receivers, lol. You should read this part of the NFL rule book, it gets pretty specific.
I guess it really comes down to if you can see possession there. I would argue that just touching the ball doesnt constitute possession. It seems to be like Jennings caught it and had it and Tate got his hands in there to touch the ball. Rewatching it thought it was closer than I thought. The OPI was so blatant it should have been called though, even if they never call them on hail marrys. But I do recall a few really bad calls against us in that game, so it all came around.

Gio

Reaction score
I don't mind whoever we get to face. We should be ready for every team. If we want to get the chip we will definitely face the strongest teams from NFC and AFC, so we better be ready. If i had to choose one it would be Packers , but not because i'm afraid of Packers , i worry more about the temperature