Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete Carroll needs to go

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Tired of all the excuses
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:07 pm
  • Things need to change.

    It all starts with Pete Carroll allowing things to remain.

    Pathetic.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1870
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Tired of all the excuses
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:42 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Things need to change.

    It all starts with Pete Carroll allowing things to remain.

    Pathetic.


    At least there are two of us.
    PateratoWilson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1160
    Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm


Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:43 pm
  • Can we draft a new head coach?

    Can we go after Urban Meyer???

    I’d like to see him as coach.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1870
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:44 pm
  • People will regret when pete is done. Just like when people wanted russ gone through the first four years.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3939
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:48 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:People will regret when pete is done. Just like when people wanted russ gone through the first four years.

    I believe Russ can be a lot better without Carroll’s system.

    Carroll’s system doesn’t allow Wilson to be protected by a good offensive line.

    All resources are devoted to the defense.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1870
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:50 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:People will regret when pete is done. Just like when people wanted russ gone through the first four years.

    I believe Russ can be a lot better without Carroll’s system.

    Carroll’s system doesn’t allow Wilson to be protected by a good offensive line.

    All resources are devoted to the defense.


    Which is sad considering the defense is the weakest link on this team.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6787
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:50 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:People will regret when pete is done. Just like when people wanted russ gone through the first four years.

    I believe Russ can be a lot better without Carroll’s system.

    Carroll’s system doesn’t allow Wilson to be protected by a good offensive line.

    All resources are devoted to the defense.


    Whats cap? I agree first 4 years the cap was to defense.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3939
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:52 pm
  • Eight straight winning seasons,

    Seven of the last eight seasons in the playoffs

    Seven of the last eight seasons with double digit wins

    It is an extremely ridiculous notion to say Pete Carroll needs to go
    warden
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2110
    Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:31 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:52 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:People will regret when pete is done. Just like when people wanted russ gone through the first four years.

    I believe Russ can be a lot better without Carroll’s system.

    Carroll’s system doesn’t allow Wilson to be protected by a good offensive line.

    All resources are devoted to the defense.


    Which is sad considering the defense is the weakest link on this team.

    Yeah, seriously. Carroll has no more excuses.

    He needs to seriously look at himself and his incompetence.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1870
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 pm
  • These knee jerk reaction posts always crack me up.

    Losing sucks. Losing to a bad team with everything on the line really makes me angry.

    But take a step back. 11-4 is great. It could be a lot worse. He's the best coach this franchise has ever had, and wishing hes gone is flat out ridiculous.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3829
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 pm
  • warden wrote:Eight straight winning seasons,

    Seven of the last eight seasons in the playoffs

    Seven of the last eight seasons with double digit wins

    It is an extremely ridiculous notion to say Pete Carroll needs to go

    In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

    It doesn’t matter what you previously done.

    You can’t go back and retain those past victories.

    I don’t live in the past and revel over past wins, I want to win now and often.

    You can lose to teams you’re supposed to lose too but you cannot lose in the fashion you did against an opponent that you should be very motivated to play.

    This is the current problem.

    Don’t live in the past.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1870
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:59 pm
  • If anyone needs gone it’s Chris Carson. Totally not dependable, injury prone, fumbler.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3647
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:00 pm
  • there's a lot of knee jerk posts right now.

    The one calling for russ to be replaced is one of them (GTFOH), another is the poster who thinks we'll be 2 td dogs vs the 49ers.

    This one I'm not sure about. With every coach in football getting more aggressive on 4th down while pete seems deadset on going in the opposite direction (Who the hell kicks on 4th and 1 at the +32) it is starting to feel like the game has passed him by.

    that's just an example. the 5 Homer runs on 6 plays down 13 is another.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2507
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:20 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:05 pm
  • My vote to go is off. and def. coaches...
    Unless Pete is overruling them

    No imagination
    No pace changed on offense
    Defense not ready at snap...2 weeks in a row
    No changes...no surprises

    everyone knows what we're going to do and we no longer can do it better than everyone
    Restless
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 15
    Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:51 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:06 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:there's a lot of knee jerk posts right now.

    The one calling for russ to be replaced is one of them (GTFOH), another is the poster who thinks we'll be 2 td dogs vs the 49ers.

    This one I'm not sure about. With every coach in football getting more aggressive on 4th down while pete seems deadset on going in the opposite direction (Who the hell kicks on 4th and 1 at the +32) it is starting to feel like the game has passed him by.

    that's just an example. the 5 Homer runs on 6 plays down 13 is another.

    Vegas won't do that but a loss by that margin would not be a surprise
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24628
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:09 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

    It doesn’t matter what you previously done.


    This is a terrible posture to have.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17583
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:13 pm
  • This post is why I rarely post on this forum. A bunch of clueless knee jerk reaction fans. You do realize Pete is one of the best coaches in the NFL? We have mediocre talent throughout every position except QB and we have a chance at winning the division next week.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4263
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:13 pm
  • 11-4 this
    11-4 that

    Jeez, do the people that keep mentioning the team's record even watch the games?

    That record means absolutely NOTHING. This team has looked pretty bad in some of the games that they have won.

    Can't praise a coach for the win/loss record when some of these wins came because the Seahawks sucked just a little less than the other team.

    This is NOT a dominant team. Not even close.

    This is a team that is lucky as hell ! ! ! ! ! !

    11-4?

    Whatever. That record does NOT properly describe this team. We need some young blood calling plays and coaching this team.

    I would rather see Pete somewhere else in the FO and far away from the sidelines.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1291
    Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:16 pm
    Location: Avondale, Arizona!!!!!!!!!!


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:16 pm
  • SeaMeat wrote:11-4 this
    11-4 that

    Jeez, do the people that keep mentioning the team's record even watch the games?

    That record means absolutely NOTHING.


    :roll:
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17583
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:18 pm
  • warden wrote:Eight straight winning seasons,

    Seven of the last eight seasons in the playoffs

    Seven of the last eight seasons with double digit wins

    It is an extremely ridiculous notion to say Pete Carroll needs to go


    ^^^^^^^^
    This. Absolutely ridiculous OP. We have multiple starters on both sides of the ball who are injured. We are lucky with the injuries we have to be where we are. Pete has consistently got us in the playoffs and two superbowls. While I am not happy with tonight's performance, I have at least put things in perspective. We are essentially playing with the replacements.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2212
    Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:39 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:19 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:This post is why I rarely post on this forum. A bunch of clueless knee jerk reaction fans. You do realize Pete is one of the best coaches in the NFL? We have mediocre talent throughout every position except QB and we have a chance at winning the division next week.

    Losing the way Seattle lost today should piss you off!

    Too many blind posters that fail to see the reality of how bad it is even with the record as is.

    The coaching has been terrible if you haven’t notice and it’s been on more than a few occasions.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1870
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:19 pm
  • There is very little upside to removing Carroll.

    A lot of downside though.

    Remember when they fired George Karl?

    We ended up with Westphal.

    Be careful what you wish for. When Carroll is no longer the coach, we are going to be measurably worse for years to come.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4919
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm
  • I don't think Pete needs to go at all but the coaching staff he's accumulated of yes men is not helping this roster. Norton isn't good enough, at all, and Schotty runs the offense Pete wants. When Carson is out there ripping off 6 yards a run, the offense is efficient and the chunk plays work. When the run game is swallowed up, Schotty has proven he has no idea how to get the ball downfield (same exact issue for the Jets and Rams). Even if the passing game works, it's mostly hero ball. It's rare to see guys schemed open in the way other teams routinely do it. So many big plays came from a gorgeous running pass by Russ to a broken route from Lockett. He has been mostly excellent in the red zone this year though.

    All this said, the consistent issues plaguing the team since ~2017 don't seem to change and at the end of the day, that's on Pete. No matter who is out there or who we are playing, the gameplan is the same. When our top 2 RB's went down, nothing changed. It was more run, run pass, run to step up the pass. Russ wasn't on the move, the ball wasn't coming out quickly in space or over the middle.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5850
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:26 pm
  • He has 6 starters missing on defense, no RB's , limited TE's, limited OL, RW is beat up and this is Pete's fault?

    It's a miracle we didn't get beat by 50 today. Yes the Cardinals are bad, but this is the NFL and nobody is that bad.
    MO Hawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 296
    Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:29 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:If anyone needs gone it’s Chris Carson. Totally not dependable, injury prone, fumbler.

    I’m gonna regret this but you’ve got a bite.

    Dear god you’re insane.
    Gibbo
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:35 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:31 pm
  • MO Hawk wrote:He has 6 starters missing on defense, no RB's , limited TE's, limited OL, RW is beat up and this is Pete's fault?

    It's a miracle we didn't get beat by 50 today. Yes the Cardinals are bad, but this is the NFL and nobody is that bad.


    This guy gets it.

    You could give the greatest coach of all time this roster and he probably wasn’t going to win this game. We were missing so many starters on offense and defense. The players are the ones on the field, you can only coach them up so much. Pete gets the most out of the least.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4263
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:31 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:This post is why I rarely post on this forum. A bunch of clueless knee jerk reaction fans. You do realize Pete is one of the best coaches in the NFL? We have mediocre talent throughout every position except QB and we have a chance at winning the division next week.

    Losing the way Seattle lost today should piss you off!

    Too many blind posters that fail to see the reality of how bad it is even with the record as is.

    The coaching has been terrible if you haven’t notice and it’s been on more than a few occasions.


    Who do you want to replace Pete with?
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3829
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:33 pm
  • Don't think this is a PC problem.

    Now, who's the strength and conditioning coach? Lol....

    These injuries were likely unavoidable but, gawtdamn...

    Easy to want to shake things up but I don't recall the Hawks being highly regarded prior to the start of the season.

    Great year...exceeded expectations. You simply cannot expect good things when you're as banged up as this team.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 738
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:02 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:40 pm
  • We are one win away from a division title and a first round by and some of you want the coach to go. Comical
    warden
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2110
    Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:31 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:44 pm
  • Come on. He's one of the best coaches in the NFL. And he was one of the best coaches in College when he was at USC too. He is an outstanding coach at every level where he has been.

    :roll:
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:47 pm
  • It's those that are in Pete's inner circle that needs to go. He surrounds himself with Yes Men because he wants to be the master and commander of the team. I get that, you're the head coach, but sometimes you need that other coach or two that will challenge you. I'm not saying challenge as in control of the team or causing some stir-up on the sidelines, I mean a coordinator that has to tell Pete that either something is a good idea, bad idea, or actually game plan for once.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1217
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:53 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a new head coach?

    Can we go after Urban Meyer???

    I’d like to see him as coach.


    Clayton was talking about him as a HC, said he was very college centric coach and doubted he or, the Husky coach would ever make it in the NFL.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3003
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:42 pm
  • MO Hawk wrote:He has 6 starters missing on defense, no RB's , limited TE's, limited OL, RW is beat up and this is Pete's fault?

    It's a miracle we didn't get beat by 50 today. Yes the Cardinals are bad, but this is the NFL and nobody is that bad.


    I understand that the team is beat up (I got chastised for saying they were unraveling due to injuries on this very board just a few days ago), but with so many injuries its up to the coaching staff to shake up the play calling and schemes some to try and find something that might work with the depleted talent. Pete doesn't and that's whats so frustrating. He's been doing the 'running into a brick wall and hoping for a different result' thing for quite some time now.

    I'm just not sure if I want to make the play offs only to have the quick exit every year or try something different even if it turns out bad. I can take or leave Pete at this point.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2039
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:15 pm
  • Lol at saying Pete has to go is a kneejerk reaction. Disagree with it, call it stupid, wrong. Any of this may be accurate (all a matter of opinion.) But calling it kneejerk as is flat wrong at this point. People have been saying it after wins, losses and during the offseason for several years now. It is most definitely NOT a kneejerk reaction. There are patterns that are very concerning that have been around way too long. The current coordinator situation shows that recycling those under Pete will not correct the issues causing those patterns.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3114
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:16 pm
  • We'll end up 11-5 and there is a lot of teams that would love to be 11-5 last year 10-6 I think it would be ridiculous to get Rid of him with that being said if he were to leave on his own who'd I like to see replace him Jim Harbaugh.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 170
    Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 pm


Re: Tired of all the excuses
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:42 pm
  • PateratoWilson wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Things need to change.

    It all starts with Pete Carroll allowing things to remain.

    Pathetic.


    At least there are two of us.


    3
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4307
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:44 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:I don't think Pete needs to go at all but the coaching staff he's accumulated of yes men is not helping this roster. Norton isn't good enough, at all, and Schotty runs the offense Pete wants. When Carson is out there ripping off 6 yards a run, the offense is efficient and the chunk plays work. When the run game is swallowed up, Schotty has proven he has no idea how to get the ball downfield (same exact issue for the Jets and Rams). Even if the passing game works, it's mostly hero ball. It's rare to see guys schemed open in the way other teams routinely do it. So many big plays came from a gorgeous running pass by Russ to a broken route from Lockett. He has been mostly excellent in the red zone this year though.

    All this said, the consistent issues plaguing the team since ~2017 don't seem to change and at the end of the day, that's on Pete. No matter who is out there or who we are playing, the gameplan is the same. When our top 2 RB's went down, nothing changed. It was more run, run pass, run to step up the pass. Russ wasn't on the move, the ball wasn't coming out quickly in space or over the middle.


    Exactly
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4307
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:12 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

    It doesn’t matter what you previously done.


    This is a terrible posture to have.


    Kraft should have fired Belechick after those two straight losses. I mean, you're only as good as your last game. I can't believe they even gave him a chance after that first loss.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2727
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:56 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:17 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

    It doesn’t matter what you previously done.


    This is a terrible posture to have.


    Kraft should have fired Belechick after those two straight losses. I mean, you're only as good as your last game. I can't believe they even gave him a chance after that first loss.



    Lol when was the last SB win for Belexhick? Last year, when was ours..6 years ago. Huge difference. In fact since we won our SB Belichick has won 3.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4307
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:30 pm
  • "You are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells


    :177692: Pay no attention to tonight's unhinged posts. Pete Carroll is what his record says he is ...... a winner.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10113
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:51 pm
  • Fire Pete! All hail Jason Garrett!! Because that would be the upside of getting rid of Pete Carrol. The F•*+ing HORROR of a thought that is.
    BubbaGump
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 536
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:55 pm
  • Oh God, the only thing worse after a $h!t loss at home to an inferior team is the inevitable "FIRE CARROLL" posts that follow. Yes, let's fire the best coach this franchise has ever had after going 11-4 with a playoff spot waiting.

    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14965
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:29 am
  • Aros wrote:Oh God, the only thing worse after a $h!t loss at home to an inferior team is the inevitable "FIRE CARROLL" posts that follow. Yes, let's fire the best coach this franchise has ever had after going 11-4 with a playoff spot waiting.

    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


    People were saying the same about Holmgren when he left. Point is, coaches stagnate and/or lose touch with necessary changes. Those of us that have been saying it is time to move on from PC for a while now believe that is what the evidence here points to.

    PC makes major game day blunders frequently (poor challenges or non-challenges, poor clock management, insisting on running the clock to 1 on most offensive plays which has two negative effects in frequently not giving Wilson adequate time to change the play if necessary and a predictable snap count for pass rushers.) He also wastes quarters or even halves of almost every game and excuses it with the "you win in the fourth quarter" bs.

    He was absolutely the perfect coach at the perfect time for this franchise. I think now as the years tick by he is more tarnishing his legacy than anything else.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3114
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:32 am
  • Probably been said before, but have to wonder what this team would look like if Pete turned the offense over to a non puppet OC and put 90% of his time into the D.

    While we’re at it let’s get an assistant head coach of clock management and challenges!
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2750
    Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:06 pm
    Location: Camas, WA


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:34 am
  • Osprey wrote:Probably been said before, but have to wonder what this team would look like if Pete turned the offense over to a non puppet OC and put 90% of his time into the D.

    While we’re at it let’s get an assistant head coach of clock management and challenges!


    This would probably be acceptable as well at this point.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3114
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:37 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:People were saying the same about Holmgren when he left. Point is, coaches stagnate and/or lose touch with necessary changes. Those of us that have been saying it is time to move on from PC for a while now believe that is what the evidence here points to.

    PC makes major game day blunders frequently (poor challenges or non-challenges, poor clock management, insisting on running the clock to 1 on most offensive plays which has two negative effects in frequently not giving Wilson adequate time to change the play if necessary and a predictable snap count for pass rushers.) He also wastes quarters or even halves of almost every game and excuses it with the "you win in the fourth quarter" bs.

    He was absolutely the perfect coach at the perfect time for this franchise. I think now as the years tick by he is more tarnishing his legacy than anything else.


    Tarnishing his legacy is a bit much, but I can't argue your points in general. Let me be clear...I am not a Carroll Apologist. I care only about wins, like he does, like you do. However, your points are valid...He does have tendencies that need to change or shift in some manner. What would interest me is if we studied a Patriots forum for years...How much would we hear their fans b*itch about the best coach in NFL history?

    Not comparing Pete to Bill, but it's a valid question.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14965
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:43 am
  • Aros wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:People were saying the same about Holmgren when he left. Point is, coaches stagnate and/or lose touch with necessary changes. Those of us that have been saying it is time to move on from PC for a while now believe that is what the evidence here points to.

    PC makes major game day blunders frequently (poor challenges or non-challenges, poor clock management, insisting on running the clock to 1 on most offensive plays which has two negative effects in frequently not giving Wilson adequate time to change the play if necessary and a predictable snap count for pass rushers.) He also wastes quarters or even halves of almost every game and excuses it with the "you win in the fourth quarter" bs.

    He was absolutely the perfect coach at the perfect time for this franchise. I think now as the years tick by he is more tarnishing his legacy than anything else.


    Tarnishing his legacy is a bit much, but I can't argue your points in general. Let me be clear...I am not a Carroll Apologist. I care only about wins, like he does, like you do. However, your points are valid...He does have tendencies that need to change or shift in some manner. What would interest me is if we studied a Patriots forum for years...How much would we hear their fans b*itch about the best coach in NFL history?

    Not comparing Pete to Bill, but it's a valid question.


    See I don't care only about wins. I care more about being entertained. And yes winning is the biggest component of being entertained, but it certainly does not stand on its own.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3114
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 pm


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:49 am
  • The real question to me is: If PC leaves, will Paul Allen's sister then sell the team?

    In case y'all haven't noticed, Pete is a very charismatic personality. He's very Owner friendly and players love playing for him. And unless Pete chooses his successor, Seattle could very well lose the Franchise.

    Just a thought.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:50 am
  • We can part ways there. I am not entertained by losses, like, ever.

    Entertain me with victories. Not by excuses or cheap one liners after the game why you will learn from this loss and get better next time, blah blah. I am too old for that rhetoric. Yes, I get that the game in general is entertainment but losses are not entertainment, they are just disappointments and needless suffering, lol. :lol:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14965
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:58 am
  • LymonHawk wrote:The real question to me is: If PC leaves, will Paul Allen's sister then sell the team?

    In case y'all haven't noticed, Pete is a very charismatic personality. He's very Owner friendly and players love playing for him. And unless Pete chooses his successor, Seattle could very well lose the Franchise.

    Just a thought.


    I don't necessarily want him to leave. I would love it if he stayed in his front office role and continued to push quite a bit of what he already does. I just want to see him give up forcing what we have been seeing on offense for years now as well as gameday decision making. It really does appear to me that he is nowhere what he was 5 years ago where those aspects of the game are concerned.

    Aros wrote:We can part ways there. I am not entertained by losses, like, ever.

    Entertain me with victories. Not by excuses or cheap one liners after the game why you will learn from this loss and get better next time, blah blah. I am too old for that rhetoric. Yes, I get that the game in general is entertainment but losses are not entertainment, they are just disappointments and needless suffering, lol. :lol:



    I didn't say I was entertained by losing. My point is that, for me, wins in and of themselves are not entertaining.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3114
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 pm


Next


It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online