Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete Carroll needs to go

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:04 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.

He did exactly that in 2016 - injured. Almost did it in 2017 but got Blair Walsh'ed.

Of course, you've heard this before from everyone on this board. I'm assuming you just don't care.

He also supposedly has seasons tickets and watches all the games. Clearly there is a disconnect between eyes and brain for long term memory storage.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:29 pm
  • warden wrote:One win from a division title and a first round bye and you want to fire the coach. Mind boggling

The same thing that keeps Carroll winning is also the only way he can win.

Very limited alternative game planning.

Very vulnerable to big losses.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:36 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.

He did exactly that in 2016 - injured. Almost did it in 2017 but got Blair Walsh'ed.

Of course, you've heard this before from everyone on this board. I'm assuming you just don't care.

He also supposedly has seasons tickets and watches all the games. Clearly there is a disconnect between eyes and brain for long term memory storage.

You guys are missing the point, Wilson is not the problem.

Carroll and his inability to adjust and change things is the problem.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:32 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I would be fine with cleaning house starting with Pete if they had a plan to replace him and John. There are other coaches and GM's out there.

Regardless it's time the Seahawks start seriously planning for a new head coach and GM. I give Pete and John one more year after this one and if were still losing in the first round of the playoffs or miss them altogether i'd replace them both.

Name me other Coaches and GM's out there that have the second most wins in the last ten years, have went to two Super Bowls.

I want to see this list and will be waiting.

Your point is legit and if your stance is ride this out until we have back to back losing seasons then make a change I could understand going that route. So if just making the playoffs is good enough then keep him. I'm not sure it is at this point . Pete ball and John's draft issue's are really starting to be a problem . Yes were 11-4 but they need to win a playoff game. Going one and done is not working for me. Now you can argue past production from Pete and John all you want but I need to start seeing something happen now. He's had a good run here but change isn't something that can't bring something new fresh and exciting. Like I said one more year after this one if there isn't real progress I;m ready for a change.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:02 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:People will regret when pete is done. Just like when people wanted russ gone through the first four years.

I believe Russ can be a lot better without Carroll’s system.

Carroll’s system doesn’t allow Wilson to be protected by a good offensive line.

All resources are devoted to the defense.

Which is sad considering the defense is the weakest link on this team.

:roll: ya, like it always has been a $h!t Defense...…Kind of weird how the Seahawks beat the Doncos 43 to 8 in the Supper Bowel with that "Weak Link Defense" eh? :141847_bnono:
    Last edited by scutterhawk on Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:09 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:These knee jerk reaction posts always crack me up.

Losing sucks. Losing to a bad team with everything on the line really makes me angry.

But take a step back. 11-4 is great. It could be a lot worse. He's the best coach this franchise has ever had, and wishing hes gone is flat out ridiculous.

Ridiculous? :shock: What do you expect from a bunch of know nothing, wanna be, Drunken, Armchair Coaches?
    :twisted: Ya, me neither.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:17 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    warden wrote:Eight straight winning seasons,

Seven of the last eight seasons in the playoffs

Seven of the last eight seasons with double digit wins

It is an extremely ridiculous notion to say Pete Carroll needs to go

In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

It doesn’t matter what you previously done.

You can’t go back and retain those past victories.

I don’t live in the past and revel over past wins, I want to win now and often.

You can lose to teams you’re supposed to lose too but you cannot lose in the fashion you did against an opponent that you should be very motivated to play.

This is the current problem.

Don’t live in the past.

I won't "Attack The Poster", but this Post? ^ , thes one right here^ ...Ya, this is dumber than sh*t.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:20 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:there's a lot of knee jerk posts right now.

The one calling for russ to be replaced is one of them (GTFOH), another is the poster who thinks we'll be 2 td dogs vs the 49ers.

This one I'm not sure about. With every coach in football getting more aggressive on 4th down while pete seems deadset on going in the opposite direction (Who the hell kicks on 4th and 1 at the +32) it is starting to feel like the game has passed him by.

that's just an example. the 5 Homer runs on 6 plays down 13 is another.

Leave out the word "KNEE" AND I agree 100 degrees, er I mean 100%
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:23 pm
  • Restless wrote:My vote to go is off. and def. coaches...
    Unless Pete is overruling them

No imagination
    No pace changed on offense
    Defense not ready at snap...2 weeks in a row
    No changes...no surprises

everyone knows what we're going to do and we no longer can do it better than everyone

INJURIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTDAMMMMIT!!!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:

You guys are missing the point, Wilson is not the problem.

Carroll and his inability to adjust and change things is the problem.

I was responding to RCATES, and that was not his point.

As far as Pete, I wouldn't call it an inability. We've seen him call better gameplans before.

I'm not sure whether those plans are just fragile to the point where certain defenses can irrecoverably take them out of the script (Pete likes to go that direction with his explanations), or whether he's too concerned about turnovers and TOP, or whether he's just stubborn. He can do it. He just doesn't stay there.

It's also possible that Russ messes up some plays. He has packages that he walks to the line with.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:20 pm
  • There's an argument against the current philosophy. If playoffs is the only goal, then follow the Bengals. It's not and attacking everyone that wants to see an investment in a 100,000,000 QB worth it, is silly.

Pete has 2 sb appearances over Marvin Lewis. So what?

It's not about firing pete, it's about winning. And RW is not going to the HOF other than 2013. Would drew brees be drew under PC. No. Would Tom Brady be tom under Pete
    , no?

Tom would be Jim Kelly.

If pete wanted to win he would win. 11-4 is awesome unles you're 4-4 in your division. 4 give aways is the reason everyone is pissed. Coach and win. Not coach and not lose.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
    NOLAHawk
    NET Starter

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:05 pm
  • Winning a playoff game this year that would help a lot.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:18 pm
  • Some of yall are maybe too young to remember how things used to be.
    Great coaches along with franchise qbs do not come along often.
    Enjoy the ride and appreciate the greatness that pete gives you every season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jhball
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:31 pm
  • jhball wrote:Some of yall are maybe too young to remember how things used to be.

Actually some of us if not most are ol;d enough However again the goal is the SB, under some of what I see here PC can stay for 10 more years as long as we are 8-8 or better and make the playoffs even if we loose every playoff game. The problem is the bar has been raised and rightfully so. You have an ELITE QB, and you chooce to take him out of the game for long period with bad play calling. Example first drive last week, we changed tempo, we mixed it up, the passes were quick, their were layered routes. Then 2nd series none of that.

Remember early in the year when the run gem was struggling we saw DK quick slant, DK quick curl, DK quick come back. The passing game had rhythm and had layers and allowed for quick passing if needed. Then the run game got cliking, and we went away form it. When is the last time you saw a quick slant to DK?

PC has said time and time again he hates short passes, he wants to run and take shots down filed. Great except when you stick with it even when it does not work.

So the reality is this is PCs system and will not change as long as he feels he can run the ball. Which is great in the regular season as long as you don't wait to long to let Wilson loose. But if you wait to long, its over. Lets also remember PC has said time and time again they count on off script plays. What coach counts on off script plays to win? NO coach in their right mind counts on things that are hard to do, and don't happen often, but PC has said he counts on them, they are part of their game plan.

I am not saying PC should go, I am saying he needs to change. Take away some of his power, hire a real OC that will run a real offense and let PC do the defense.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:26 pm
  • For the sake of the reputation of this board and Seahawks fans around the world, can we ban this John guy?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:28 pm
  • NOLAHawk wrote:Pete has 2 sb appearances over Marvin Lewis. So what?

It's not about firing pete, it's about winning.

How the hell do you think you get to the super bowl? Losing? Maybe have your name drawn in a lottery?

Two Super Bowl appearances are the POINT of playing the games.

To get to the Super Bowl, you must first make the playoffs. To make the playoffs, you have to win.

What has Pete done since he's been here? Won us games. Reached the playoffs. Appeared in two Super Bowls. Won a Super Bowl.

If it's about wining, then Pete has the credentials to do the job here.

Yeah, it sucks that we play in the toughest division in all of football. Swap us with the Patriots, and using the leverage of six basically free games per year, winning gets a lot easier. It's entirely possible and even likely that the AFC will only have 4 teams finishing with winning records. We'll likely have 3 just in our division.

The point is, they don't just hand out Lombardi trophies. Nor do they hand out conference or division titles, nor do they even hand out wins. They all have to be earned, and as good as you are, the next guy is often just as good, but with a slew of early-round draft picks because they haven't been winning year after year like we have.

It's tough to win in the NFL. It's tougher to do it consistently. Pete's record is one of consistent wining. Who do you have to replace him that has a better track record?
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:53 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    jhball wrote:Some of yall are maybe too young to remember how things used to be.

Actually some of us if not most are ol;d enough However again the goal is the SB, under some of what I see here PC can stay for 10 more years as long as we are 8-8 or better and make the playoffs even if we loose every playoff game. The problem is the bar has been raised and rightfully so. You have an ELITE QB, and you chooce to take him out of the game for long period with bad play calling. Example first drive last week, we changed tempo, we mixed it up, the passes were quick, their were layered routes. Then 2nd series none of that.

Remember early in the year when the run gem was struggling we saw DK quick slant, DK quick curl, DK quick come back. The passing game had rhythm and had layers and allowed for quick passing if needed. Then the run game got cliking, and we went away form it. When is the last time you saw a quick slant to DK?

PC has said time and time again he hates short passes, he wants to run and take shots down filed. Great except when you stick with it even when it does not work.

So the reality is this is PCs system and will not change as long as he feels he can run the ball. Which is great in the regular season as long as you don't wait to long to let Wilson loose. But if you wait to long, its over. Lets also remember PC has said time and time again they count on off script plays. What coach counts on off script plays to win? NO coach in their right mind counts on things that are hard to do, and don't happen often, but PC has said he counts on them, they are part of their game plan.

I am not saying PC should go, I am saying he needs to change. Take away some of his power, hire a real OC that will run a real offense and let PC do the defense.

So ya wanna hire someone from the hair gel coaching tree and throw the ball 50 times a game?

Ill take ball control, and smart high percentage offense with a tough smothering D any day of the week.

How many Lombardis does Andy Reid have?

jhball
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:09 pm
  • It takes about 5 years to rebuild and season a group of players, if you can get a group overall that are talented enough to work and build together. It also takes the right players in a system, some don't fit talent wise, some don't have it upstairs.

Pete's system works when he has the pieces there is no question, adaption on the fly is where he sometimes waits too long to change things, he also seems to drift away from aspects that work and does not go back to them. Riding the horse into the ground so to speak before he concedes that maybe that horse should have been given a break and got on a different mount.

I have no doubt Schotty can call plays that move the offense as well as Wilson when he is given a chance, putting a Governor on the offense many times is a problem. He says he would like to win by margins but saying and doing isn't what I see, most of us haven't, we go into play not to lose mode with a lead too many times instead of pushing and keeping the pressure on in all 3 aspects.

He really needs to be more of a Orchestrator and let his guys be who they are a DC and a OC and kick them in the ass to adapt and change when things start to slide and use his experience to nudge and guide them versus control. Her can still be a influence but not so hands on in both aspects.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:30 pm
  • jhball wrote:How many Lombardis does Andy Reid have?

Nice.
    I believe the correct answer is zero.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:32 pm
  • :yawn:
    jhball wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    jhball wrote:Some of yall are maybe too young to remember how things used to be.

So ya wanna hire someone from the hair gel coaching tree and throw the ball 50 times a game?

Ill take ball control, and smart high percentage offense with a tough smothering D any day of the week.

How many Lombardis does Andy Reid have?

Not what I said you can have a great run game and still have a NFL caliber pass game. Also remind me last time we had a smothering defense?
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:37 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:It takes about 5 years to rebuild and season a group of players, if you can get a group overall that are talented enough to work and build together. It also takes the right players in a system, some don't fit talent wise, some don't have it upstairs.

Pete's system works when he has the pieces there is no question, adaption on the fly is where he sometimes waits too long to change things, he also seems to drift away from aspects that work and does not go back to them. Riding the horse into the ground so to speak before he concedes that maybe that horse should have been given a break and got on a different mount.

I have no doubt Schotty can call plays that move the offense as well as Wilson when he is given a chance, putting a Governor on the offense many times is a problem. He says he would like to win by margins but saying and doing isn't what I see, most of us haven't, we go into play not to lose mode with a lead too many times instead of pushing and keeping the pressure on in all 3 aspects.

He really needs to be more of a Orchestrator and let his guys be who they are a DC and a OC and kick them in the ass to adapt and change when things start to slide and use his experience to nudge and guide them versus control. Her can still be a influence but not so hands on in both aspects.

BING BING BING we have a winner
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:26 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:For the sake of the reputation of this board and Seahawks fans around the world, can we ban this John guy?

He's contributed more Seahawks-related material to this topic than you have.

And that's pretty bad, given that one needs a Rosetta stone and a flask of Bacardi 151 to read his posts.

Pete's strengths don't lie in game clock management or offensive playcalling. They lie in defensive coaching, diamond-in-the-rough player acquisition, and on-the-field inspiration. It's the reason we can find Pro Bowlers on Day 3 of the draft and then keep them playing their asses off in the 4th quarter when many teams give up. It's led to eight playoff appearances in ten years. Attempts to dismiss that as "nothing", or "intentional mediocrity", are intellectually indefensible.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:16 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:He's contributed more Seahawks-related material to this topic than you have.

Do you feel that "Pete Carroll needs to go" deserves a lengthy debate?
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:06 am
  • Dude Brought us a world championship. That’s all anyone needs to know. Conversation over. They’re making fun of this stupid thread on the Niner site. Embarrassing.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:46 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:For the sake of the reputation of this board and Seahawks fans around the world, can we ban this John guy?

He's contributed more Seahawks-related material to this topic than you have.

And that's pretty bad, given that one needs a Rosetta stone and a flask of Bacardi 151 to read his posts............

More like a case of 151
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:03 am
  • KiwiHawk wrote:Yeah, it sucks that we play in the toughest division in all of football. Swap us with the Patriots, and using the leverage of six basically free games per year, winning gets a lot easier. It's entirely possible and even likely that the AFC will only have 4 teams finishing with winning records. We'll likely have 3 just in our division.

It wouldnt be 6 free games for us though. Where the Patriots and good clubs feast on the teams they should beat, the Hawks struggle against them and thats whats so frustrating. Seattle is just as likely to lose to a team they should beat as they are to beating a good team. Its infuriating.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:17 am
  • Another playoff run and people are whining?

Figure it out.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:26 am
  • Tom Landry--Paul Brown--Mike Ditka--Mike Shanahan--Hank Stram--Jon Gruden--Tom Flores--George Seifert--Don McCafferty--Brian Bilick --all won super bowls and got fired later on . Pete Carroll isn't special .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:50 am
  • Tonight will be a good measuring stick as to coaching. Let's see if we respond to the past 3 weeks of poor play. Do we come out and play well and prepared? Or do we give up an early score and remain noncompetitive the entire game?
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:21 pm
  • xray wrote:Tom Landry--Paul Brown--Mike Ditka--Mike Shanahan--Hank Stram--Jon Gruden--Tom Flores--George Seifert--Don McCafferty--Brian Bilick --all won super bowls and got fired later on . Pete Carroll isn't special .

Whiners are gonna whine and trolls are gonna troll. That's the gist of it. At best they're fair-weathered fans.

Screw'em.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:40 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:Tonight will be a good measuring stick as to coaching. Let's see if we respond to the past 3 weeks of poor play. Do we come out and play well and prepared? Or do we give up an early score and remain noncompetitive the entire game?

I dont really see it that way. We are beat to hell right now. We are out manned at nearly every position except QB and WR. The fact we stood tow to tow with them earlier when we were healthy tells me Pete outcoached that dillweed down there. Same with the first Rams game. Both are more talented top to bottom. Pete had them ready to play and they executed.

I am hoping for a good game but we are beat up badly. Most coaches would lose this matchup.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:46 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:He's contributed more Seahawks-related material to this topic than you have.

Do you feel that "Pete Carroll needs to go" deserves a lengthy debate?

A lengthy repudiation, maybe.

But I think we can agree that mods deciding what topics are and aren't worthy of discussion is an iffy road to go down. As long as it's Seahawks-related, and as long as there aren't 16 identical threads on a subject, we're going to let it play.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:57 pm
  • While it hasn’t been a complete overhaul, this team has been in a rebuild since the end of the 2017 season. Pete Carroll has so far, coached 21 wins in in almost two complete seasons. Playoffs during a rebuild? Yes please!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:09 pm
  • We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:18 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.

How do you know what they drafted last year? Players develop slower than people want but if you choose not to support them, Pete and John will find a way to carry on and go to the playoffs next year also.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:21 pm
  • justafan wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.

How do you know what they drafted last year? Players develop slower than people want but if you choose not to support them, Pete and John will find a way to carry on and go to the playoffs next year also.

It's not just this year JS has missed on players and more importantly left very good talent on the board over and over for like the last 4 years.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:30 pm
  • Pete reminds me of Les Miles

Wins a championship

Competitive team

Strange decision making, lack of offensive creativity

Les Miles was finally replaced and guess what LSU has now....

Having success doesn't mean your head coach should be immune from criticism. As good as Pete is and as well as the team has done we are making horrible in game decision and we have an awful amount of three and out and we let teams back into game after game after game
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:32 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    justafan wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. There is no doubt in my mind however there drafting has to be better. Basically all we got out of the last draft was Metcalf we had 2 first round picks they could and should have done better. I will not support that any longer. Pete you can make an argument for JS he needs to be fired if this piss poor drafting continues.

It's not just this year JS has missed on players and more importantly left very good talent on the board over and over for like the last 4 years.

Every GM does this. There's literally not one that doesn't do exactly what you've just described, nor has there ever been one. You should have seen the Patriots' drafting from about 2005-2010.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:33 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    justafan wrote:

Every GM does this. There's literally not one that doesn't do exactly what you've just described, nor has there ever been one. You should have seen the Patriots' drafting from about 2005-2010.

Some more than others.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:35 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:Winning a playoff game this year that would help a lot.

The irony is I strongly believe we win a playoff game if we lose tonight

If we win I am likewise convinced we are done

Hope I am wrong
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:38 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    justafan wrote:

Just like every other team except we dont draft in the top 10 and blow year after year. Niners have drafted in the top 10 4 straight years,they should have better drafts than we do. But they blew their fair share. All the bottom dwellers are there year after year because nobody knows how a player will develop. 1st round picks are about 50/50. Top 10 picks arent much better. If anyone says they know how to draft for an NFL team with a better percentage they are probably just talking a lot of bull.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:47 pm
  • justafan wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    justafan wrote:

Just like every other team except we dont draft in the top 10 and blow year after year. Niners have drafted in the top 10 4 straight years,they should have better drafts than we do. But they blew their fair share. All the bottom dwellers are there year after year because nobody knows how a player will develop. 1st round picks are about 50/50. Top 10 picks arent much better. If anyone says they know how to draft for an NFL team with a better percentage they are probably just talking a lot of bull.

I reject your supposition.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:33 pm
  • This post is not an opinion or an excuse. This post is just stating a fact

So far this year the Seahawks have lost 255 man games to injury
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:53 pm
  • After losing to the 4-11 Dolphins, legit competitor for worst team in football, here are some comments from the Patriots forums/blogs this afternoon. Do they sound familiar... and equally stupid?

- "I legit feel embarrassed for this team"
    - "Lesson is that this team got there asses handed to them... At home, during an absolutely critical time, by one of the worst teams in the league….freaking embarrassing performance by all…"
    - "Not a playoff team"
    -"Screw Belichick"
    - "BB got badly out-coached today"
    - "Belichick and his staff were just all coaching scared the entire game"
    -"Worst draft pick performance of any team"
    - "The good news. GM Bill Belichick doesn’t have a 2nd Round pick to blow next April. He already got a head start and blew it on Mohammad Sanu."
    - "Good thing we have a bunch of draft picks. To help replenish this old, slow and tired team. Oh, wait a minute…"
    - "Hope Brady leaves"
    - "Honestly. Tom ain’t so good anymore. Second best QB on the field."
    - "Predictable playcalls"
    - "Belichick just did his best Andy Reid impersonation saving all those time outs and bending over at the end of the first half."
    - "This loss is on BB"
    - "Time to rebuild. BB & Brady both might be heading out anyway. GET RID OF MCD (can’t stress this enough)."

Just a few highlights I found. :snack:

Go Pete, go Russ, go Hawks!
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: PG Forum. Keep it clean.
    Tamerlane
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:55 pm
  • Tamerlane wrote:After losing to the 4-11 Dolphins, legit competitor for worst team in football, here are some comments from the Patriots forums/blogs this afternoon. Do they sound familiar... and equally stupid?

- "Lesson is that this team got there asses handed to them... At home, during an absolutely critical time, by one of the worst teams in the league….freaking embarrassing performance by all…"
    - "Not a playoff team"
    -"Screw Belichick"
    - "The good news. GM Bill Belichick doesn’t have a 2nd Round pick to blow next April. He already got a head start and blew it on Mohammad Sanu.
    - "Good thing we have a bunch of draft picks. To help replenish this old, slow and tired team. Oh, wait a minute…"
    - "Hope Brady leaves"
    - "Belichick just did his best Andy Reid impersonation saving all those time outs and bending over at the end the the first half."
    - "This loss is on BB"
    - "Time to rebuild. BB & Brady both might be heading out anyway. GET RID OF MCD (can’t stress this enough)."

Strangely familiar
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:56 pm
  • Tamerlane wrote:After losing to the 4-11 Dolphins, legit competitor for worst team in football, here are some comments from the Patriots forums/blogs this afternoon. Do they sound familiar... and equally stupid?

- "Not a playoff team"
    -"Screw Belichick"
    - "The good news. GM Bill Belichick doesn’t have a 2nd Round pick to blow next April. He already got a head start and blew it on Mohammad Sanu.
    - "Hope Brady leaves"
    - "Belichick just did his best Andy Reid impersonation saving all those time outs and bending over at the end the the first half."
    - "This loss is on BB"

Ahh NE has won 3 of the last 6 SB. Like most of us the goal is the SB their fans get it.
    Last edited by John63 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:11 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    Tamerlane wrote:After losing to the 4-11 Dolphins, legit competitor for worst team in football, here are some comments from the Patriots forums/blogs this afternoon. Do they sound familiar... and equally stupid?

- "Not a playoff team"
    -"Screw Belichick"
    - "Hope Brady leaves"
    - "This loss is on BB"

Ahh NE has won 3 of the last 6 SB. Like most us the goal is the SB their fans get it.

This is the post of the year. Thanks John
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:17 pm
  • John63 wrote:Ahh NE has won 3 of the last 6 SB. Like most of us the goal is the SB their fans get it.

Yup. You said it. The fans are right, even when spewing their irrational, uncontrolled baby emotions as we see so much of here.

Past success is irrelevant.

Bad loss, bad coaching, fire Belichick. :lol:
    Tamerlane
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:27 pm
  • Tamerlane wrote:
    John63 wrote:Ahh NE has won 3 of the last 6 SB. Like most of us the goal is the SB their fans get it.

Yup. You said it. The fans are right, even when spewing their irrational, uncontrolled baby emotions as we see so much of here.

Past success is irrelevant.

Bad loss, bad coaching, fire Belichick. :lol:

1 the fans have the right to their opinions. No matter what. 2 we are not in the same position as NE we have not sniffed the SB in 5 years. So the comparison is not valid at all.
    Last edited by John63 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:33 pm
  • John63 wrote:we are not in the same position as NE we have not sniffed the SB in 5 years. So the comparison is not valid at all.

Nope. These are the #1 and #2 most successful coaches of the decade. If past success doesn't matter (lol!) then currently the Patriots are 12-4 and #3 seed coming off the most embarrassing NFL loss of the season. The Seahawks tonight are precisely "sniffing" 12-4 and #3 seed if you are paying attention.

Also, the Patriots have had a much easier schedule, a bad division and not nearly the injury bug the Seahawks have. If the Seahawks lose tonight, they will have achieved much more than the Patriots.

So if the fans are right the only questions left are: should we can Belichick and Carroll right now? Or wait until after the playoffs? And should both teams clean house at QB too as some fans ask? Hmmm, these are all hard decisions.... if you are an emo armchair GM with zero conception of success in the NFL.
    Tamerlane
    NET Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information