Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tre flower + 3rd round pick for Julio Jones?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • The trade would need to be on the hush hush if it is to happen anyway, because Atlanta can't take the cap hit right now. They can post June 1st, so it would need to be a trade on paper only and then after June 1st, the falcons/Seahawks could trade the capital to finish the trade, including drafted players and such.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

• With what money?
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

• sutz wrote:Doubt it. Not enough cap space.

Cap space? LOL. Someone hasn't been paying attention this off-season.

Julio Jones cap hits when traded will be:

2021: $15.3M
    2022: $11.5M
    2023: $11.5M

If left untouched.

But the team trading for him could create voidable years and lower the numbers further, give a signing bonus/restructure and take it down to a really low number with a $1M base + signing bonus pro-ration in 2021. The salary cap is a joke, designed to keep player salaries down, and owners richer.

Trey Flowers and a 3rd feels like a steal. I think ATL would be looking for more than that.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:
    sutz wrote:Doubt it. Not enough cap space.

If left untouched.

But the team trading for him could create voidable years and lower the numbers further, give a signing bonus/restructure and take it down to a really low number with a $1M base + signing bonus pro-ration in 2021. The salary cap is a joke, designed to keep player salaries down, and owners richer.

Trey Flowers and a 3rd feels like a steal. I think ATL would be looking for more than that.

Why trade picks and/or players for a rapidly declining 32 year old WR when you can get him on June 2nd........AND commit another 2-3 years with a restructured contract adding more dead cap to the end of that deal?

No thanks, this is a thread that never should have been made. You want to give Jones a one year deal for 6-7M to come be our 3rd WR? I'm all for it, I think he's got another year or two in the tank as long as he's not asked to play all the snaps and be your #1 WR.

But trade for AND take on an extension or restructure? No thanks.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Percy Harvin 2.0. What good does it do to bring in a stud, when your QB is running for his life every play... did the line vastly improve or something?
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I only see this happening if somehow we trade Lockett for some draft picks.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    sutz wrote:Doubt it. Not enough cap space.

If left untouched.

Why trade picks and/or players for a rapidly declining 32 year old WR when you can get him on June 2nd........AND commit another 2-3 years with a restructured contract adding more dead cap to the end of that deal?

No thanks, this is a thread that never should have been made. You want to give Jones a one year deal for 6-7M to come be our 3rd WR? I'm all for it, I think he's got another year or two in the tank as long as he's not asked to play all the snaps and be your #1 WR.

But trade for AND take on an extension or restructure? No thanks.

First of all Jones will get a lot more than $6-7M if he hits the open market, and 2nd I was just pointing out that if the Seahawks have any interest in Jones whatsoever his cap hits will not be a deterrent. It will be more about fit, and draft pick allocation.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information