$1.05 million dollars in fines for not wearing masks.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1zculye9 said:
Payton isn’t wearing one, and Gruden’s is around his neck tonight.
Let’s see if the get fined.

Yes, I was seeing this all night. I'm surprised that their owners didn't tell them to be more careful about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
TypeSly":2z0s7o9m said:
Sports Hernia":2z0s7o9m said:
Payton isn’t wearing one, and Gruden’s is around his neck tonight.
Let’s see if the get fined.

Yes, I was seeing this all night. I'm surprised that their owners didn't tell them to be more careful about it.

They will now.

But watching bits of other games a lot of the Head Coaches seem to pull it down and back up at times.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
This is just profoundly stupid. That ‘spit shield’ Andy Reid is wearing offers almost no protection against COVID-19. As a previous poster pointed out...if you are really that worried, cancel the season. The players are out there in complete physical contact breathing in each other’s faces. Soooooo dumb.

Sac

Reaction score
TOPHawk":12mo6glr said:
This is just profoundly stupid. That ‘spit shield’ Andy Reid is wearing offers almost no protection against COVID-19. As a previous poster pointed out...if you are really that worried, cancel the season. The players are out there in complete physical contact breathing in each other’s faces. Soooooo dumb.

The players are in lock down, just like before the season. Why do you think we cut that stupid rookie?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sac":25ukjhy9 said:
Totally justified

Hawkpower":25ukjhy9 said:
Ridiculous

So its fine for players to be maskless, sweaty and rolling all over each other but sooooo risky for Pete to pull his mask down for a second to speak? :roll:

This is all about optics and theater and you know it.

Good lord where has our collective common sense gone?

If you are offended/scared/panicked seeing Pete pull down his mask to bark out a play, turn off your TV. Its clearly too soon for you.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sac":3mlwj1tz said:
TOPHawk":3mlwj1tz said:

The players are in lock down, just like before the season. Why do you think we cut that stupid rookie?

No, they arent.

Sac

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1v5bcv49 said:
Sac":1v5bcv49 said:
TOPHawk":1v5bcv49 said:

No, they arent.

How so?

From my understanding they're in the facilities or at home and they've got people watching them when they're at home

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sac":10zfy2y2 said:
Hawkpower":10zfy2y2 said:
Sac":10zfy2y2 said:
TOPHawk":10zfy2y2 said:

No, they arent.

How so?

From my understanding they're in the facilities or at home and they've got people watching them when they're at home

People watching them?

Lockdown??

Where are you getting this stuff from? My lord....

There are certainly safety protocols in place like anywhere else, but the NFL is not instituting any kind of bubble. Lots of testing which is fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, the players are not in lockdown. Over 3000 tests so far and not a single positive test. They are doing a hell of a job. As far as fines go, seems pretty lame.

Osprey

Reaction score
TOPHawk":1ivuhdil said:
I’d expect more coaches to move to shields if they’re going to fine regularly. Less temptation to pull at it I’d assume less muffling.

Hell its the NFL, money is no object. Add an external speaker and toggle to switch back and forth from chatting with the booth to people in front of you.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hawkpower":qaccvwmm said:
Sac":qaccvwmm said:
Totally justified

Hawkpower":qaccvwmm said:
Ridiculous

So its fine for players to be maskless, sweaty and rolling all over each other but sooooo risky for Pete to pull his mask down for a second to speak? :roll:

This is all about optics and theater and you know it.

Correct.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's absolutely about optics.

The league's just fine with thousands of fans in a dozen cities being allowed into their stadiums without being tested, but they're pissed off and fining coaches for not pulling their masks up every 10 seconds inbetween talking and calling plays?

Coaches that are in the same testing protocols as the players and staff? Huh?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The only valid reason I see for nfl to be doing this is to send a social message, which I agree with here, because it is not like the vast majority in IRL gets tests every day.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I wonder if the fines are just theatrics, and they won't actually have to pay them.
Makes the NFL "look" like the are taking Covid 100% serious.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
The most insidious thing about the virus is that if you let your guard down - BAM! - it will sucker punch you every time. Great that they have 3,000+ negative tests right now, but in 6 weeks there could be a major outbreak. I think the NFL gets this, and wants to make sure the season isn't severely hampered or called off due to the virus.

And if it's just optics, so what? WEAR A FREAKIN' MASK. It's just common sense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1xiffk6k said:
And if it's just optics, so what? WEAR A FREAKIN' MASK. It's just common sense.

The coaches are wearing masks, just not pulling it up enough when the camera's on them for the league office's liking to show their serious about the virus.

Again, the coaches are being tested just as often as the players, so it makes no logical sense that they're on a field surrounded by other people who also tested negative, and have to wear a mask.

Optics, that's it. That's the only logical reason any of this makes sense.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
pmedic920":yln4aal2 said:
Aros":yln4aal2 said:
God can 2020 get over soon enough??

We just need to get past whatever happens in November.

All this crap will mysteriously start clearing up IMHO.

No politics. Go back to *mod edit*

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2nro7srr said:
Aros":2nro7srr said:
God can 2020 get over soon enough??

We just need to get past whatever happens in November.

All this crap will mysteriously start clearing up IMHO.

I was waiting for this to get political. Took long enough