2014 Summer Transfer Window

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3cast785 said:
What a ridiculous day...

Fans waving dildos, a reporter using the vanishing spray, 2 FHRITP idiots, Harry Redknapp refusing an in-car interview, 3 deals finished after the deadline, a tug of war over Cleverly and Borini was among the notable moments.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2y09td8q said:
Uncle Si":2y09td8q said:
What a ridiculous day...

Fans waving dildos, a reporter using the vanishing spray, 2 FHRITP idiots, Harry Redknapp refusing an in-car interview, 3 deals finished after the deadline, a tug of war over Cleverly and Borini was among the notable moments.

I'd add a 25 million dollar loan deal for a 28 year old striker coming off a major surgery, a 16 million dollar transfer of a striker who doesn't score and..well yeah the dildo was fumny

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":divxfwox said:
Gatehawk":divxfwox said:
Uncle Si":divxfwox said:
What a ridiculous day...

I'd add a 25 million dollar loan deal for a 28 year old striker coming off a major surgery, a 16 million dollar transfer of a striker who doesn't score and..well yeah the dildo was fumny

I made the joke that Welbeck is the "English Gervinho", mostly cause he scores occasionally. He at least has pace, something Sanogo clearly lacks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3ey0r7t9 said:
Uncle Si":3ey0r7t9 said:
Gatehawk":3ey0r7t9 said:
Uncle Si":3ey0r7t9 said:
What a ridiculous day...

I made the joke that Welbeck is the "English Gervinho", mostly cause he scores occasionally. He at least has pace, something Sanogo clearly lacks.

He's a decent player out wide. Good pace and delivery. Just don't know about Sanchez in that " false 9" type role.

Sanago is alright in his defense...but missing Giroud hurts Arsenals overall attack. Maybe Welbeck improves it. Really they don't need goals from there, just link up play

Nog

Reaction score
On a side note, West Ham claimed Amalfitano for 1.5M€

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So, with transfer window shut, has anyone's vision of the top 8 changed?

Smurf

Reaction score
United aren't in it for me anymore. Failed to bring in the right players for me. Only really like the Shaw and Blind signings. There has been some talk of Blind playing a CDM role for us.

Di Maria is a good player but wasn't a need (Mata, Young, Valancia, Janazaj).

I like Di Maria. Lots of industry, his heat maps are ridiculous. But just a lot of money for a player not really a need.

Falao is a weird one for me. I would have been fine with what we had, but I guess the thought is he is better than both Chicharito and Welbeck.

Love blind and Shaw though rate them really well.

Have to wait to decide on Rojo and Herrera.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3685uwow said:

Not really. I think it's Chelsea's league to lose at this point. Barring major injuries I think City, Liverpool, and Arsenal claim the rest of the top 4 in that order.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
they will have to go in for Vidal or Pogba type player in the winter.. if they are even close at that point.

As for us... well, i love the 4-diamond-2 with Balo, and love how Sterling is underneath them. By the retun from international break we should have Lallana out on one end, Henderson on the other, Gerrard underneath with Marko, Cou and Allen on the bench.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":mzvee78o said:
Gatehawk":mzvee78o said:

He's a decent player out wide. Good pace and delivery. Just don't know about Sanchez in that " false 9" type role.

Sanago is alright in his defense...but missing Giroud hurts Arsenals overall attack. Maybe Welbeck improves it. Really they don't need goals from there, just link up play

The thing that's missing most from Giroud's injury is that Arsenal has no height up top. The Gunners were already the shortest team in the Premier League and losing Giroud made them even shorter. Welbeck will definitely help in terms of adapting the attack for them. It might work out, it might not. It's a risk, but it's better than just sitting there doing nothing about the problems in attack.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1fvgdgid said:

1) Chelsea
2) Man City
3) Arsenal
4) Liverpool
5) Man United

I had Arsenal finishing 2nd at the beginning of the year, and the rusty start, major injuries this early in the season and not signing a CDM is the biggest reason I've dropped them to 3rd. Welbeck will probably save Arsenal from falling further, but the Winter window is gonna make or break Arsenal's season yet again now.

United certainly made this a lot closer decision in the Top 4, but I can't help it, but they didn't truly fix the defensive problems. They clearly went with the "best defense is a good offense" but in this league that won't fly very far. Little bit of a hurrah in somehow convincing Di Maria and Falcao to join despite the lack of a Champions League at Old Trafford, but they were NOT what United needed and it's the biggest reason they will still miss out in the end.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
as a gooner im gutted

we should have bought a centercaback ,a left back ( giibs always injured and monreal is shit) a holding midfielder and a descent striker..hope welback does well but not holding my breath.another panic buy by wenger.
on wenger i can not beleve he was in rome on transfer deadline day refereeing a charity match..i mean wtf
when that came up why didnt he relise what day it was being played ??? unless he had no plans to buy anyone.

after watching us play leicester i have no hope for this season..wenger has lost le plot

in wenger we rust

rant over

MB12

Reaction score
I am still seething over Newcastle's deadline day.

While the departure of Hatem Ben Arfa was inevitable due to him reportedly squaring up to Pardew, not losing weight and also not tracking back, I am very disappointed that we did not get any money for him. (His contract expires next year). I genuinely hope he thrives at Hull, and proves Pardew wrong for letting him go. Ben Arfa is a Champions League caliber player when fit.

We failed to bring in another striker, which was stupid, but even more stupid was the lack of a center-back arrival. I appreciate that we could still loan a player in, but center-back is the weakest area of the team. Colo looks well past his best.

So, imagine my anger when it was announced that despite managing to secure a replacement Yanga-Mbiwa had signed on loan with Roma. This leaves us with 3 CBs in the entire squad, and one of these center-backs is a terrible excuse for a footballer--Steven Taylor.

To make matters worse, Yanga-Mbiwa is available to Roma for 6million euros. We paid £8.5million for this Ligue 1 winner, who won the French title while captaining Montpellier. This is a player who was forced to play rb instead of his natural cb position for nearly every game he appeared for us.

Still, it isn't a bad thing for MYM. He goes from playing next to Massadio Haidara in a mediocre Premier league team to playing next to Ashley Cole in the Champions League. Awful business from Newcastle, and Obertan and Saylor still remain.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MB12":10u5au3w said:

While the departure of Hatem Ben Arfa was inevitable due to him reportedly squaring up to Pardew, not losing weight and also not tracking back, I am very disappointed that we did not get any money for him. (His contract expires next year). I genuinely hope he thrives at Hull, and proves Pardew wrong for letting him go. Ben Arfa is a Champions League caliber player when fit.

We failed to bring in another striker, which was stupid, but even more stupid was the lack of a center-back arrival. I appreciate that we could still loan a player in, but center-back is the weakest area of the team. Colo looks well past his best.

So, imagine my anger when it was announced that despite managing to secure a replacement Yanga-Mbiwa had signed on loan with Roma. This leaves us with 3 CBs in the entire squad, and one of these center-backs is a terrible excuse for a footballer--Steven Taylor.

To make matters worse, Yanga-Mbiwa is available to Roma for 6million euros. We paid £8.5million for this Ligue 1 winner, who won the French title while captaining Montpellier. This is a player who was forced to play rb instead of his natural cb position for nearly every game he appeared for us.

Still, it isn't a bad thing for MYM. He goes from playing next to Massadio Haidara in a mediocre Premier league team to playing next to Ashley Cole in the Champions League. Awful business from Newcastle, and Obertan and Saylor still remain.

what happened with Lacazette? Thought he was pegged for Newcastle?

MB12

Reaction score
Pardew the puppet

Attachments

• pardew lie.jpg
    pardew lie.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,152

MB12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vhc91mc said:
MB12":3vhc91mc said:

what happened with Lacazette? Thought he was pegged for Newcastle?

They wanted £16million, we don't pay that sort of money sadly--and sensibly

MB12

Reaction score
And by loan window, I meant emergency loan window. Or does that only apply to Football League Clubs?

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2vjud21c said:
they will have to go in for Vidal or Pogba type player in the winter.. if they are even close at that point.

As for us... well, i love the 4-diamond-2 with Balo, and love how Sterling is underneath them. By the retun from international break we should have Lallana out on one end, Henderson on the other, Gerrard underneath with Marko, Cou and Allen on the bench.

No doubt SAF F'd up by not being able to retain Pogba. We developed the hell out of him but never gave him first team minutes and then he left on a free i believe. Should have played him more, and tried like hell to sign him.

Latest posts