2014 Summer Transfer Window

Nog

Reaction score
French Reports are making their headlines about this. This would happen for 65M€. United would take over EPL.

McG

Reaction score
Okay, this United stuff is some of the most ass backwards stuff I've seen for awhile. You run a 3 CB formation and have limited spots up front, so you bring in DiMaria and Falcao? If they were running a 4-1-2-1-2 I could see getting these players, but a WB formation? I say good for them, but I'm not sure what Van Gaal is doing. Very odd, good luck to them though, I just can't see how it will work, they really need more help at CB than ST.

Nog

Reaction score
@MUFC agree with @AS_Monaco €10m loan fee for #Falcao w/ €55m option. The player asked to leave the club. He is on his way to Manchester

Smurf

Reaction score
You don't need defenders or holding midfielders when you have 3 world class strikers and Di Maria.....

Smurf

Reaction score
I have no idea why this move was made. Doesnt make a lick of sense.

Have to sell Rooney or RVP now. Can't foot the wage bill on all three. It would be stupid to do so. Even Man City and Chelsea don't pay for 3 of that caliber striker.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":1qoz7xnr said:
I have no idea why this move was made. Doesnt make a lick of sense.

Have to sell Rooney or RVP now. Can't foot the wage bill on all three. It would be stupid to do so. Even Man City and Chelsea don't pay for 3 of that caliber striker.

Can't sell them Smurf...

Falcao is 28 and coming off an ACL tear. Hes too unreliable id imagine to push as your everyday striker.

Great player but was really the last thing United needed (Arsenal, hello?)

United won't go down without a fight....but this is just plain kicking and screaming. It'll either be magic or set them back 5-6 years

Smurf

Reaction score
Its just ridiculous. His wages are absolutely stupid because he played for Monoco. I'd have prefered a strait transfer at 65 million vs a loan, allows a new contract be negotiated. Very frustrating. I'm just about up in arms over it. Assuming he is 3/4ths the player he was before the tear its going to force Rooney out of the top line.

I like the blind signing. Makes the backline better. Need a CB or 3 and a few holding CMs. Should have spent on khedira instead of Di Maria.

Smurf

Reaction score
ce033930ea9b488c7805498377864ed8.jpg

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Falcao being signed by United on loan and they're gonna pay his full wages is just ridiculous and sheer desperation. They're gonna be paying a loan player more than they are paying their club captain!

Welbeck to Arsenal keeps being off and back on. It's almost a complete repeat of the Arteta saga from 2011.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
They need defenders! Their defence is rotten. Apparently Cleverly knocked back Villa as he wanted too much money. Says it all.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1up9z9f2 said:
They need defenders! Their defence is rotten. Apparently Cleverly knocked back Villa as he wanted too much money. Says it all.

Cleverly appears to be heading to Everton. So......... yeah.

Nog

Reaction score
If you possess the ball you don't need great defenders. Speaking of Man U, they have the best offensive armada right now. Let's see what's gonna happen.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Window closed. Arsenal and United given extensions to attempt to finish Welbeck and Falcao deals.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":tq0dtbb4 said:
If you possess the ball you don't need great defenders. Speaking of Man U, they have the best offensive armada right now. Let's see what's gonna happen.

A. No

2. That United team isnt set up for possession

Be interesting. Credit to them for going all in. Couple clubs seemed far too content the last day

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xw5mgxp said:
Nog":2xw5mgxp said:

A. No

2. That United team isnt set up for possession

Be interesting. Credit to them for going all in. Couple clubs seemed far too content the last day
He may not be set up that way, but Van Gaal plays with ball control. Mata, Herrera, Di Maria are really creative and try to keep the ball.

Anyway, now I'm reading on twitter that Falcap failed his medical. Shocking :shock:

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Yeah it more than likely is, I'd honestly say he's worth 5 million at the very most. But you throw in the fact that Arsenal needed a striker desperately, and Falcao's wages are just plain ludicrous for a loanee, and you're trying to sign from a "direct rival", the price is gonna be inflated.