2nd Round pick potentially taken away from Hawks...

beastalamode

Reaction score
Pete is such a fool, I'm stunned that he went into that much detail about it. I think he gave the NFL everything they needed to punish us and -like others have said- since multiple hawks players decided to lambast the NFL all year long I'm sure we are going to lose a high draft pick. :pukeface:

AgentDib

Reaction score
It is way too early to react until we see what the actual penalty is. A lot of things could happen in life and if you panic over the worst case scenario for each then that will be all you do.

As a fan of the NFL in general I do think it needs to be strict when it comes to reporting injuries. The product on the field is better when coaches have a chance to prepare for the people who will be actually playing. Of course punishments need to be consistent as well.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3167es1o said:
Yes, but even though he said "significant," Pete's not a doctor. It will come down to an image on an MRI and interviews with our medical staff IMO before sanctions are imposed against us.
Right, it comes down to 'significant' - what Pete meant by it, and whatever the definition is that the NFL might try use, which may easily vary. Pretty loose word.

This 'second round pick' thing is still only single-sourced, best I can tell.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I motherintercourse called it. Pete has only this year to right the sinking ship...Otherwise Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018

beastalamode

Reaction score
We already lost our 5th and we won't lose 2 picks. You really think they will bump it up only to the 4th round? It will be bumped at least up to our 3rd and probably our 2nd like it's being reported. We are repeat offenders.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3g3sxjvx said:
Yes, but even though he said "significant," Pete's not a doctor. It will come down to an image on an MRI and interviews with our medical staff IMO before sanctions are imposed against us.

He also said he was not 100%. And he is a professional football coach that is an expert at performance analysis.
He's toast IMO, and I agree that defending this is just plain pointless.

AgentDib

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1do1j66h said:
I motherintercourse called it. Pete has only this year to right the sinking ship...Otherwise Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018
The fun thing about the crowd mentality around here lately is it's impossible to tell whether posts like this are serious.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":20bwgsyh said:
ludakrishna":20bwgsyh said:
The fun thing about the crowd mentality around here lately is it's impossible to tell whether posts like this are serious.
I don't understand why he brings his mother into it.

Seymour

Reaction score
AgentDib":12bz0601 said:
It is way too early to react until we see what the actual penalty is. A lot of things could happen in life and if you panic over the worst case scenario for each then that will be all you do.

As a fan of the NFL in general I do think it needs to be strict when it comes to reporting injuries. The product on the field is better when coaches have a chance to prepare for the people who will be actually playing. Of course punishments need to be consistent as well.

True, but who in panicking here? We do better with 5th round picks than 2nd anyway...take it. I'm more disturbed about the mental condition of our coach and some of his crazy excuses and actions trying to protect his players and coaches.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":qhaw9ia2 said:
We do better with 5th round picks than 2nd anyway...take it.

Not the last three drafts.

I know one person's who's super pissed, Schneider.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6nxbgrvu said:
Seymour":6nxbgrvu said:
We do better with 5th round picks than 2nd anyway...take it.

Not the last three drafts.

I know one person's who's super pissed, Schneider.

And #2 Paul Allen.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2v1ly157 said:
kidhawk":2v1ly157 said:
This would be completely ridiculous by the NFL. By all accounts Sherman practiced fully every practice and he definitely played in every game. EVERY single player in the NFL has some sort of injury by mid season. Any injury that a player can practice through isn't serious enough to need to be reported.

Added this in a different thread. But here's the official rule:

View attachment 1

It won't be a matter of some random soft tissue injury type thing. It'll be based on evidence from the team's medical staff treating him. If it was a significant injury, it'll be easy to verify. And it'll be easily distinguished from the assumed assorted injuries that all players sustain.

The only real hope is that the injury wasn't significant. And that Pete was talking BS to cover for Sherman. Needless to say, it was just ridiculously stupid on his part to even mention it. And if it costs a draft pick will be hands down the single dumbest thing he's done in seven years here.

EDIT: Added Practice report policy as well outlining our requirement to divulge

I am curious as to why a private contract can mandate public publication of protected health data.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seymour":39wnapeu said:
True, but who in panicking here?
The vocal minority who are unhappy with the current state of the franchise and using a single twitter "could" as fuel for further discontent.

It's no skin off my back if people want to have a bad time but the lack of perspective is hilarious. It's no different from all the Green Bay fans who wanted to fire Mike after week 10, or the Patriots fans who decided the Brady/Belichek era was over after that 2014 MNF loss to the Chiefs.

Boycie

Reaction score
ludakrishna":47ehg5hf said:

You got to be kidding me with that comment?

Hands up who would like to see that a-hole on a Hawk's sideline?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's a really dumb rule, BUT............ All teams are well aware of it, potentially huge mistake by Pete and Co.
Seattle is not a favored "legacy team" so they are not going to get the free pass those teams are given, they should be well aware of that long before now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13v0s1q4 said:
It's a really dumb rule, BUT............ All teams are well aware of it, potentially huge mistake by Pete and Co.
Seattle is not a favored "legacy team" so they are not going to get the free pass those teams are given, they should be well aware of that long before now.

But it's a not a free pass, this would be our 4th violation.

So if we do lose a 2nd rounder, it's just another example of Pete screwing up by not knowing the rules, or not caring? Idk, I'm sure he'll do his usual tap dance around it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Andrew Luck played with broken ribs for 5 weeks, nothing was reported. Blake Bortles played the 2nd half of the season with a separated shoulder, not reported.
But hey, I guess certain teams and players have their own set of rules. Total BS. :roll:

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Every Monday and Wednesday of every week Pete devoted a lot of time to injuries, questions about injuries, projected recovery times, ad nauseum, seemed pretty frank at all times about who had what chances to play this week, or later, or much later. Not once did he ever suggest RS might not play the coming game. Given that, how 'significant' could it have been? 'Significant' (maybe comfort-wise) to his psyche, is the way I took it when he defended RS's outbursts once the season was over.

Big effing deal, the NFL should let it go instead of having some loose cannon leaking speculation to click-bait Mortensen or anybody else.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3stp57qt said:
Andrew Luck played with broken ribs for 5 weeks, nothing was reported. Blake Bortles played the 2nd half of the season with a separated shoulder, not reported.
But hey, I guess certain teams and players have their own set of rules. Total BS. :roll:
Wow! Total BS would be right.

Latest posts