3rd Round, Pick #90 C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

JKent82

Reaction score
Another Prosise breakdown: https://fantasygametheory.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/introduction-to-yards-created-c-j-prosise/

One of the greatest strengths in Prosise’s game is his sheer power as a runner. His 87th percentile weight-adjusted Speed Score gives him excessive strength on his 220lbs frame and perfectly coincides with the amount of times he finished runs aggressively with force and burst.

In terms of NFL project-ability, Prosise’s biggest selling point is his passing game chops. Not only can he run screens, check-and-releases, dart routes and wheel routes out of the backfield, he can move out wide into the slot with ease.

However, I do think the fact he was asked to pass block 5.6 times per-game at Notre Dame and executed his assignment more than seven out of ten times only bodes well for a first year running back.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wasn't he a WR that converted to RB out of need?

If that is the case, isn't he a better opportunity to be a TateToo type? A guy that can catch in traffic and runs like a RB once he gets the ball?

I remember him being a fairly physical WR that caught the ball in traffic. Maybe I am confusing him with someone else?

This is one of the kinds of picks I love. Makes up for the DT pick easily.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JKent82":11hfjq5r said:
Another Prosise breakdown: https://fantasygametheory.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/introduction-to-yards-created-c-j-prosise/

One of the greatest strengths in Prosise’s game is his sheer power as a runner. His 87th percentile weight-adjusted Speed Score gives him excessive strength on his 220lbs frame and perfectly coincides with the amount of times he finished runs aggressively with force and burst.

In terms of NFL project-ability, Prosise’s biggest selling point is his passing game chops. Not only can he run screens, check-and-releases, dart routes and wheel routes out of the backfield, he can move out wide into the slot with ease.

However, I do think the fact he was asked to pass block 5.6 times per-game at Notre Dame and executed his assignment more than seven out of ten times only bodes well for a first year running back.

And he can catch and block? I'll take it! Has to be a little insurance behind Rawls, especially coming off injury, but I like it. We suffered tremendously once he went down last year, and this may mitigate it.

Decimation

Reaction score
That burst though. This guy looks to have some potential. I like the pick a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Interesting pick. We had three third rounders, so why not risk one on a guy like this? Moderate risk, but the sky is the limit with this kid. Can't wait to see how he fares.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
So, competition to be Christine Michael between this guy and...Christine Michael.

Oh well. Lots of potential.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is definitely insurance behind Rawls and perhaps giving a good push to keep all the RB's hungry.

But I really was hoping for a small trade up for Hargrave. To me he would been a perfect 3tech for our team. Well, he is now a Steeler, so no surprise they saw the value.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Wow that tape on him is impressive. man that kid has another gear.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2yv0ltb1 said:
Really? A RB here?

Thought the same thing. I like the pick, just not the draft slot we used. Think we could've gotten a quick back in later rounds.

seafence82

Reaction score
I wanted Kenneth Dixon here, but this guy has potential as a great fit. We needed a real weapon who is a 3rd down RB, and his time as WR and burst/power/wr skills fit the bill as he could end up the best dual threat rb in the draft. I also compared him to a Golden Tate as a RB, a guy who will make plays with the ball in his hands as a football player but with growing pains as well. The growing pains part sucks since i want a 3rd down rb NOW who can block, receiver, and run the ball. But we always seem to draft based on the 2nd yr expectations, which sometimes i don't always agree with but hopefully im wrong here (which is often the case)!

JKent82

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1arklrjw said:
JKent82":1arklrjw said:

And he can catch and block? I'll take it! Has to be a little insurance behind Rawls, especially coming off injury, but I like it. We suffered tremendously once he went down last year, and this may mitigate it.

I will say I've read some other guys, I think Matt Miller, say his hands/routes aren't as great as one would hope for a former WR.

Interestingly enough, compared to Kenneth Dixon, he had a better blocking success. Really curious to see how this turns out.

Also he is in love with a pretty weak spin move and bounces outside way too much. Two thoughts from watching him myself the other week.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2jwiprog said:
Wow that tape on him is impressive. man that kid has another gear.

Truly!

Anyone who hasn't watched it, I suggest you do. Pretty clear why they wanted him.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Well it looks like he only carried the rock in his left hand. Michaels does the same, only with his right.

Put them in a split back formation where Prosise only runs left and Michaels runs right. Championship.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I was also wanting Kenneth Dixon as probably my top back in this draft.

In that same thread and in general conversation I've also said that Prosise reminds me a little bit of Ricky Watters.

When I first said that I didn't know that he was a former WR, like Watters. It was the slick spin move, elite stop/start for a player that size, and one particular touchdown catch he made in a game that reminded me of one of Watters' touchdowns in the 94 superbowl to a T.

I still think Dixon is going to be a player, but I am certainly not mad at this pick. He is one of really only 3 complete backs in this draft with Dixon and Elliot being the other 2. Prosise is actually the most sudden and explosive of the 3 so I guess I should have known.