3rd Round, Pick #90 C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

chris98251

Reaction score
Reading up on him Pete said they have a specific way they want to use him, so Golden Tate may not be a stretch as far as how we use him, just more RB usage as well.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":2ggptgxi said:
Reading up on him Pete said they have a specific way they want to use him, so Golden Tate may not be a stretch as far as how we use him, just more RB usage as well.

They won't flip him back to WR if that's what you are suggesting. He is going to play a big role on special teams, 3rd down back, and will get a few carries in our RBBC.

McGruff

Reaction score
I think you will see him flexed out of the backfield often, but that's nothing new. We did it with Marshawn all the time.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
McGruff":ftv4fern said:
I think you will see him flexed out of the backfield often, but that's nothing new. We did it with Marshawn all the time.
Yeah, I think thats what Pete was saying.

crosfam

Reaction score
I think the hopeful comparisons to Golden Tate are more simple (besides Golden Domes).

Tate was an athletic WR that could run like a RB, with power and finesse, once he caught the ball.

Hopefully, Prosise is an athletic RB that can run routes and catch like a WR, and then run like a RB, with power and finesse.

Good pick, he should help expand the playbook.

chris98251

Reaction score
crosfam":1e0iude3 said:
I think the hopeful comparisons to Golden Tate are more simple (besides Golden Domes).

Tate was an athletic WR that could run like a RB, with power and finesse, once he caught the ball.

Hopefully, Prosise is an athletic RB that can run routes and catch like a WR, and then run like a RB, with power and finesse.

Good pick, he should help expand the playbook.

I was talking more of usage and WR /RB body, to compare better we need to know if he likes Maple Bars.

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
This is the pick I have struggled the most with. Probably because to me he is a boom or bust player and at the 3rd round I don't want that. John and Pete usually save that type of player for the later rounds and this time they went early. Don't get me wrong I love his potential. He has great vision, quick feet, he can accelerate fast, change direction on a dime and he has the speed to outrun DBs. Not to mention he's only played RB one year... he's got loads of potential. But there also lies the problem. He still has a lot to learn playing RB and that means we don't know if he will ever master the small stuff before he even has a shot at being a 3 down back. If John and Pete truly took him solely focusing on him being a 3rd down back then it was a reach. But if they see that he has a shot at being a special player then I understand the pick more. Nevertheless it is a risky one. It reminds me of the Christine Michael pick to a large degree. In that we were banking on potential on a very small sample size. Although I feel that Prosise seems much smarter and down to earth than Michael and that makes me think he will pick things up faster than him. Only time will tell.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
He looks like Fred Jackson, which is fine, I suppose. I gotta admit I would rather have Tyler Ervin, his speed and explosiveness just shows up more on the eyeball test.