3rd round, Pick #97, Rees Odhiambo, T/OG, Boise State

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":1vv2wwck said:
I probably am in the minority but he looks very good. He mirrors well, has good footwork, fires off the ball and neutralizes LB at the second level w tenacity . The strength is there and after he has a year of NFL strengthening under his belt, he should be a beast.

He does look good the amount of hate of this pick is baffling to me. The only real red flag is staying healthy. With as bad as our line was last year I'm shocked people aren't on board with adding him to the mix.

McGruff

Reaction score
I love value boards BEFORE the draft. I read them every year, critique them every year, create my own every year.

But AFTER the draft, all that matter to me is who was drafted and what can they do. At the point a player is picked in the 3rd round, they are a 3rd round pick, not a 6th round pick that was picked 3 rounds early.

Fact of the matter is that players are picked ALL the time where they are projected to go, and they still bust. Aaron Curry was a 1st round pick before the draft and during the draft . . . look where "value" got us then. Jesse Williams was a "steal" in the 5th round as a supposed 2nd round pick . . . look where that "steal" got us.

Rees is a Seahawk who we picked in the 3rd round. He's our third round pick. All that matters now is what can he do for us, and his ultimate value should be defined based on his play of the field, not his value on a media predraft board.

Welcome to Seattle Rees . . . this fan will be cheering for you to prove the doubters wrong.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The Big O! As in, the Big Oxymoron, of course! Because, who's ever seen a 300 + pound Kenyan? I've got high hopes for Rees. I'm actually surprised that more people aren't high on this guy. The backstory alone on him is reason to root for him. Throw in his awesomely awkward draft day call with Johnny Schneids and you've got the potential for a real fan favorite.

The real question becomes, who wins in a fight, The Big Oxymoron by way of Kenya, or "The Albanian Anihilator" Kristjan Sokoli. God, I wish Seahawks Fight Club were a real thing. I'd pay top dollar to watch Brandon Browner whoop Brock Coyle's ass.

McGruff

Reaction score
NYCoug":4vpz7a4h said:
The Big O! As in, the Big Oxymoron, of course! Because, who's ever seen a 300 + pound Kenyan? I've got high hopes for Rees. I'm actually surprised that more people aren't high on this guy. The backstory alone on him is reason to root for him. Throw in his awesomely awkward draft day call with Johnny Schneids and you've got the potential for a real fan favorite.

The real question becomes, who wins in a fight, The Big Oxymoron by way of Kenya, or "The Albanian Anihilator" Kristjan Sokoli. God, I wish Seahawks Fight Club were a real thing. I'd pay top dollar to watch Brandon Browner whoop Brock Coyle's ass.

Long term ideal line for Seattle . . .

LT Gilliam
LG Odhiambo
C Sokoli
RG Glowinski
RT Ifedi

I think this is how they want it to shake out, if not in 2016 then 2017 and beyond. And that line has the potential to be shockingly dominant.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Willyeye":4dgaxy6p said:
I just have a bad feeling that being chosen on a reach like this makes it too mentally difficult for a player to succeed...too much to live up to. Judging from his reaction to JS' phone call, Rees was obviously not expecting to be called for at least another 3 rounds. A good example of feeling too much pressure because of being a reach pick is Britt. Picking Odhiambo in the 3rd round even though he would have most ikely been available in the 5th or 6th round is ridiculous...smells like the Britt pick too much.

McGovern was still available at #97, and he's about TWICE as strong as Odhiambo, and not injury-prone. McGovern will probably be a beast for the Broncos, and we get another Britt-Poole. Why do they seem inclined to make a reach pick every year now? I guess there's a little hope, but it sure doesn't look good.

Ideally, JS could have picked Vannett at #97 and traded down with the #94 pick and used a 4th round pick to get Odhiambo or McGovern, preferably McGovern. Reach picks mess up the entire draft for a team.

Blah blah blah... This is how I read your post in my head:

Whaaaaaa whaaaaa Seahawks didnt take the guy I was enamored with, and Im such a smart fan and did my homework, im so much smarter than the actual scouts and coaches, but they didnt take the guy I thought was better and this other guy, he was such a reach cuz all the sites I visted said so and he wasnt good at Sparq or Tef.... Whaaaa... mcGovern... Whaaa.... Blah blah.

HawkGA

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ufxgjsb said:
Cable loves this guy. Watch the mic'd up video on Seahawks.com.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

godawg

Reaction score
The only real knock on Rees has been his durability. If he can stay healthy, he is strong and athletic. He may surprise.