49ers punish Ted Robinson for domestic-violence comments

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin49":3dz1cqrx said:
BS from top to bottom.

1) I made a short response about Freedom of Speech and the rest was responses to someone who had no idea what it meant. No intent to spin. I corrected his notion and was backed by a number of other posters.

2) Thanks for the compliment, but it was unfounded. I wasn't pulling anything. If I did, what the hell was I TRYING to pull? I agreed with you for gods sake.

No need to be so defensive, the "wag the dog" comment was meant as a joke. For it not to be a joke would mean that I'm saying you are an evil genius on par with Karl Rove, which clearly you are not.

Marvin49":3dz1cqrx said:
3) I'm not the one in the spin machine. I'm not the one convicting a guy before he's ever been charged. I'm not the one assuming rumors are fact and adding emphasis that has never been reported. The Police have only ever said 2 things. "Visible injuries" and "light bruising". YOU are the one spinning that into "somebody beat her up". Hiding behind technicalities? Really? No charges. No police report. No facts to judge or convict on.

I'm not the one jumping to conclusions and adding pieces to the story that aren't there

That sir is SPIN...and I'm not the one doing it. You are.

One of the initial reports said that MacDonald's girlfriend told police he hit her and dragged her by the hair. I went back to look for a link but I haven't been able to find it, so take it for what it's worth.

In any event, she had visible injuries and bruising. Who besides McDonald would have done that to her?

I'm generally a believer in due process too, but justice is infamously difficult to attain in these cases which makes due process a highly flawed defense for you to stand on. Even the SF board of directors thinks it's weak shit.

If you were not a 49er fan you would not be defending the guy. IMO, you should just let this one slide.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":3n6l472m said:
Marvin49":3n6l472m said:
BS from top to bottom.

1) I made a short response about Freedom of Speech and the rest was responses to someone who had no idea what it meant. No intent to spin. I corrected his notion and was backed by a number of other posters.

2) Thanks for the compliment, but it was unfounded. I wasn't pulling anything. If I did, what the hell was I TRYING to pull? I agreed with you for gods sake.

No need to be so defensive, the "wag the dog" comment was meant as a joke. For it not to be a joke would mean that I'm saying you are an evil genius on par with Karl Rove, which clearly you are not.

Marvin49":3n6l472m said:
3) I'm not the one in the spin machine. I'm not the one convicting a guy before he's ever been charged. I'm not the one assuming rumors are fact and adding emphasis that has never been reported. The Police have only ever said 2 things. "Visible injuries" and "light bruising". YOU are the one spinning that into "somebody beat her up". Hiding behind technicalities? Really? No charges. No police report. No facts to judge or convict on.

I'm not the one jumping to conclusions and adding pieces to the story that aren't there

That sir is SPIN...and I'm not the one doing it. You are.

One of the initial reports said that MacDonald's girlfriend told police he hit her and dragged her by the hair. I went back to look for a link but I haven't been able to find it, so take it for what it's worth.

In any event, she had visible injuries and bruising. It sickens me to hear you spin this issue Marvin. It really does.

I'm generally a believer in due process too, but justice is infamously difficult to attain in these cases which makes due process a highly flawed defense. Even the SF board of directors thinks it's weak shit.

If you were not a 49er fan you would not be defending the guy. IMO, you should just let this one slide.

Thank You for not calling me Karl Rove. Finally...something we can completely agree on. :)

I've never heard anything like that about Ray McDonald. IF that's true? Castration. All in favor. If that's what you have in your head when thinking about this situation then I can completely get where you are coming from.

Everything I've read tho paints an entirely different picture.

I agree that the only way to really ensure that people get a fair shake is that sometimes guilty men/women will walk free. OJ Simpson is a really good example. Just being found innocent doesn't mean you didn't do it.

I'm not advocating sitting back and let the entire process work itself out. I'm only saying its been a week and a half and NOTHING has transpired yet. No charges, no police report, nothing.

49ers keep saying Due Process IMO because saying "lets see what we see when the investigation is done and then we'll see where we are" because that's far to nuanced an idea to fit into a statement. Its also kinda sad that something that simple is too nuanced for the masses.

I am really, really tired tho of being accused of spin on this one. REALLY tired. I'm the only one NOT spinning it. All I'm advocating is seeing what comes of the investigation. That's it. That really sickens you? Really?

Taking the stance that he's guilty and should be punished is the only acceptable viewpoint? Really? Everything else is "sickening"? Have we really fallen so far that a guy doesn't even deserve to be presumed innocent and PROVEN guilty? Or at the very least be CHARGED with a crime before we decide?

Jeez...that's a sad commentary for me. That's depressing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":2s423yzu said:
Uncle Si":2s423yzu said:
They are all right to be criticized, as was Schneider and Carroll with the Parrish Cox signing here when it happened. The persistent problems in the NFL are now front and center. The league is in danger and people dont see it yet.

But whatever, Harbaugh, he told the players "dont touch women"... then signed a man who choked his girlfriend. then played another man accused of it. Must go a long way in the locker room.

I dont even care that its the 9ers. But you are constantly defending what is simply bull sh-- for reasons that I cant grasp. you're becoming a parody to the point of ridiculousness. .

WTF am I defending?

Nothing...literally like 30 posts of dribble over a handful of threads...but nothing.

I just don't see this issue as you do

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3i0zzv0m said:
Marvin49":3i0zzv0m said:
Uncle Si":3i0zzv0m said:
They are all right to be criticized, as was Schneider and Carroll with the Parrish Cox signing here when it happened. The persistent problems in the NFL are now front and center. The league is in danger and people dont see it yet.

But whatever, Harbaugh, he told the players "dont touch women"... then signed a man who choked his girlfriend. then played another man accused of it. Must go a long way in the locker room.

I dont even care that its the 9ers. But you are constantly defending what is simply bull sh-- for reasons that I cant grasp. you're becoming a parody to the point of ridiculousness. .

WTF am I defending?

Nothing...literally like 30 posts of dribble over a handful of threads...but nothing.

I just don't see this issue as you do

Fair enough.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":22zwdcsd said:
then why not get in front of it if your the 49ers? seriously. why hide in the gray area of waiting for actual law enforcement to rule on it?

it may not be enough to press charges. But the 9ers had a chance to make a stand as an organization. even if for a week. and failed...again.........................
Because they're already above reproach. No need for an organization like that to have to 'get out in front' of the McD "situation" Si.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2hc0c0vd said:
Uncle Si":2hc0c0vd said:
then why not get in front of it if your the 49ers? seriously. why hide in the gray area of waiting for actual law enforcement to rule on it?

it may not be enough to press charges. But the 9ers had a chance to make a stand as an organization. even if for a week. and failed...again.........................
Because they're already above reproach. No need for an organization like that to have to 'get out in front' of the McD "situation" Si.

I guess that's my issue...some are defending players based on legal principles. One day this league will need to stand up and accept a great social responsibility

Marvin made it clear in another thread his 9ers don't need to, despite his coach's own statements. Its gutless in my opinion. I'd hope our organization (hopefully never having to) has the veracity and the spine to take a stance that chips away at the paradox of professional entertainers, athletes, etc and society

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":1lvb1ezn said:
Jville":1lvb1ezn said:
More insight into the 49er way.

Link >>>> [urltargetblank]http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/09/10/49ers-suspend-announcer-ted-robinson-two-games-domestic-violence-comments/[/urltargetblank]

In favor of that one. I like Ted but that was out of line.

My wife said the exact same thing that Ted did. What kind of woman marries a guy that beat her weeks before? Ray was wrong, but it is pathetic that Janay feels the need to stick with the guy. Ted had the balls to say what most of us believe.

What is really out of line is the SC prosecutors office and their lack of backbone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":11wi97be said:
Marvin49":11wi97be said:
Jville":11wi97be said:

Link >>>> [urltargetblank]http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/09/10/49ers-suspend-announcer-ted-robinson-two-games-domestic-violence-comments/[/urltargetblank]

My wife said the exact same thing that Ted did. What kind of woman marries a guy that beat her weeks before? Ray was wrong, but it is pathetic that Janay feels the need to stick with the guy. Ted had the balls to say what most of us believe.

What is really out of line is the SC prosecutors office and their lack of backbone.

I don't think what Ted said was factually incorrect, but it wasn't smart or sensitive to say it in the manner he did on the radio. Calling her pathetic was over the line...but I do agree that Janay isn't helping the cause with her defense of the man who knocked her unconscious.

SC? Santa Clara? What does that have to do with anything?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Addressing a misrepresentation of Pac-12 Network:

The Pac-12 Network announcement concerning Robinson came quickly after the actions and comments of 49ers president Paraag Marathe. The network announcement was made in concert with a 49er decision and action. San Francisco is headquarters for the Pac-12 network. It is in the same the same neighborhood and networking community. The Pac-12 Network announcement was not the independent affirmation of 49er actions that some of our resident 49er trolls have presented here.

The 49er organization has worked hard at achieving an edge in influencing media coverage. The accompanying Pac-12 network compliance was a muscle flexing exercise. I think the 49ers deserve much greater recognition for their efforts and ability to shape fan perspectives. Especially the thinking of 49er fans.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jville":yg3i9d7p said:
San Francisco is headquarters for the Pac-12 network. It is in the same the same neighborhood and networking community.

Ooooooh, a conspiracy. Oddly, I can just quote you in response to you rather than saying anything myself ;) :

Your confused. The west coast team attempting to copy the Patriot way is in Santa Clara.

Sounds like a false positive. Perhaps McAfee along with others in the Santa Clara community are finding Seahawk successes .... difficult to swallow. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
EDIT: This must have hit a nerve.

The Pac-12 Network announcement concerning Robinson came quickly after the actions and comments of 49ers president Paraag Marathe. The network announcement was made in concert with a 49er decision and action. San Francisco is headquarters for the Pac-12 network. It is in the same the same neighborhood and networking community. The Pac-12 Network announcement was not the independent affirmation of 49er actions that some of our resident 49er trolls have presented here.

The 49er organization has worked hard at achieving an edge in influencing media coverage. The accompanying Pac-12 network compliance was a muscle flexing exercise. I think the 49ers deserve much greater recognition for their efforts and ability to shape fan perspectives. Especially the thinking of 49er fans.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
EDIT: ^^^^^ Oh, nice way to slip in the edit before I hit reply. Just cutting and pasting the same post is kind of weird though, no?

***What I had posted back when Jville said I was twisting his words. ;)****

In the future I will make sure to take all conspiracy theories with laughable "evidence" more seriously?

In the futre it won't cross my mind that the team you've been making fun of for being located in Santa Clara is suddenly back in San Francisco when it suits your purposes?

What exactly are you looking for from me? I am to serve.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Well that's mature. :lol:

I dare you to do it again.

Seriously though, don't make me double dog dare you. My double dog word is bond. I'll friggin do it, I swear.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Most of us are not interested in misrepresentation or misquoting or out and out personal attacks.

That is why we have forum rules.

Please respect the thread topic and post in the spirit of seahawks.net

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ :lol:

If my last few posts in here ain't the typed equivalent of "casual friday," we're all totally screwed.

(see my off-topic addendum on my last post in the 12th man thread for evidence that I'm way too casual on this friday, and am probably getting way too comfortable and need to be trolled more and regularly spit at again like the good old days :lol: )

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":15ebf8ba said:

...and conspiracy theories continue.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1as1e1xt said:
Scottemojo":1as1e1xt said:
Marvin49":1as1e1xt said:
Jville":1as1e1xt said:

Really? He didn't even bruise anyone.

You have proof that McDonald did? I'd love to see it if you do.

Ted is a very good broadcaster, but those comments were way, way out if line. BTW, wasn't just the 49ers. He was also suspended by the PAC12 Network.
PAC12 doesn't qualify as a network - but I agree nonetheless.