7-4! We Shall Finish...

Seahawks are 7-4 with 5 left. What will be their final record?

• 12-4. Why not?

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • 11-5. Lose to the Eagles (or other team name here) and that's it.

Votes: 39 21.4%
  • 10-6. Lose two more. Win the division. Host a wildcard.

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • 10-6. Lose two more. Rams win the division but we squeak in at # 5 or 6.

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • 9-7. Lose three more. Win the division because the Rams brutal schedule.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 9-7. Lose three more. Lose the division and are out of the playoffs.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • 8-8 or worse.

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3dvic44v said:
Steve2222":3dvic44v said:
Seafan":3dvic44v said:
If Mike Davis plays and Quill/Shead returns the Hawks have a chance Sunday night. So, I'm saying they have a chance. RW needs to step it up and be the leader he's being paid to be. We can't spot a lead to the Eagles.

Of course if it's raining then all bets are off.

Wilson needs to step up? He’s already Superman. What do you want him to become, God?

Take the throws the defense gives him instead of HeroBall 24/7. Not only me, but several posters on Twitter (Hawkblogger, Davis Hsu, field gulls) pointed out multiple forced throws by RW down the field into tight coverage instead of a 5 yard dink and dunk throw which would've made it 3rd and manageable.

Maybe he wouldn't have to do that if we had a running game? Lol

You'd have a point if this was his first couple years of his career. Russell did at times play hero ball. We got a Super Bowl out of it however. If you want to see what a great defense without a great QB looks like, checkout the Jags or the Broncos this year.

Russell at this point of his career has to do more than any other QB in the league. So if he forces one, or makes a mistake..I'm not gonna get high and mighty. Sorry bud.

Also, maybe Russell is responding to the pressure for this offense to produce? We criticize him for slow starts. That he should be putting up 30-40 points a game when he's putting up 25 with no running game. Maybe if we were more well balanced on offense we'd have better starts, less throw attempts, and less hero ball?

xkj1985x

Reaction score
djb28":2o80ejqc said:
We won't lose to the Eagles. They have been winning the games they should and losing the games you'd expect. My gut says we get the W.and they trip up.

We will be the head scratching team you expect us to be and blow the next game everyone would expect us to win. That's the kind of season we are watching.

Games? They've only lost one and that was to a red hot Kansas City team in Week 2 at Arrowhead and it's funny because the Eagles largely controlled that game going into the fourth quarter when KC broke out and won. They actually played a fairly decent game.

Eagles could easily come in next week and drop one to Seattle. I've had this game marked as a L for the Eagles since the schedule came out in April. I feel a lot better about a win today than I did then but nothing would surprise me. Eagles are staying out west since they place LAR the following week.

I expect the Eagles to drop one of those games.

Seymour

Reaction score
10-6 and miss the playoffs is a very possible outcome and not a choice. :?:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There's still a lot of fight left in these dawgs, they'll possibly lose one more game, but our opponents are going to have to face a Seahawks team that has no quit, and knows how to grind out tough wins.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sucks that the Hawks are 2-0 vs. the Hawks in the last 2 home games. They truly are the only team that can beat them at times. Literally giving those two games away. They are very capable of getting hot. With all these injuries, it would have to go down as the best coaching job Pete has ever done if they win the division.

Polaris

Reaction score
I am voting that we finish 11-5 and win the division. As requested in the survey, I actually think we beat the Eagles. The Seahawks tend to win in home prime-time games when they are underdogs, and I think that will hold true this time as well. I suspect that Seattle will lose a meaningless game to Arizona at the end of the season or something much like it (my second choice would be a loss to Jax in an early game especially after an emotional Eagles game).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Gio":1n4js5fe said:
call me crazy but i believe we'll finish 12-4 ! coulda have a better record if we had a solid kicker.
kicker?...KICKER?!? why do we need a kicker, RW is suppose to be able to put up ALL the scoring we need to win games...According to some here on .NET, Kickers aren't responsible for any of the Seahawks losses this Year.... they're only there to ADD inconsequential padding numbers.

RussB

Reaction score
They will go 12-4 or 11-5, thing is that might not be enough for a wild card. Lots of NFC teams have good records.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RussB":250f1y8x said:
They will go 12-4 or 11-5, thing is that might not be enough for a wild card. Lots of NFC teams have good records.

12-4 should be a guaranteed wild card at least. Actually, it would guarantee us the division because we'd have beaten the Rams so even if they made 12-4, we would take the division due to tie breakers. 11-5 should be a wild card. Maybe two NFC South teams make 11-5 or better, but they have to play each other so that should spread some losses around.

Right now, I think we want the Falcons to lose as many games as possible because they have the tie breaker on us. If we tie the Panthers, I'm not sure who has the tie breaker tbh. Hope the Eagles go 14-2 and knock the Cowboys out of contention. The darkest timeline is the cowboys winning out and making the playoffs over us due to the Eagles resting their starters in Week 17.

Polaris

Reaction score
This is correct. If Seattle wins out, Seattle wins the NFC West automatically by virtue of head to head tiebreak with the LA Rams if nothing else. If Seattle finishes 11-5, it would be very hard for Seattle not to make the playoffs in some fashion given that only a handful of teams could finish better than this, and some of them play each other. It's worth noting that Atlanta's remaining schedule is just BRU-TAL even when compared to ours.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
9-7. Lose the next three, win the last two, likely miss the playoffs.

After the washington and atlanta games I have zero confidence in this team beating any of the next 3 division leading teams they're playing.

People will point out all of the Jags flaws, all I see is a 10 AM road start against a great defense. I'll be surprised if we score more than 10 points.

raisethe3

Reaction score
12-4 Baby! That is if we don't mess around, Darrell Bevell don't mess around. Play up to our potential. Clean game. No one getting hurt. No late defense lapse in the 4th quarter. The young guys stepping up when called. It's that simple.

idahohawk

Reaction score
With the injuries on defense, and the ultimate crap-show that is our offense. (blame Bevell, Cable, Pete, Russ, Jimmy, Walsh, injuries, or any combo of them, whatever it really doesn't matter for sake of this thread) I believe 10-6 and a wild card (and probable WC Round Loss) is the ceiling and 9-7 is the most likely. We just aren't that good. Please note that I didn't say we weren't talented... rather, I said we aren't that good. (penalties, OL, no run game, headcase kicker, stubborn HC, injury bad luck)

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Win out? Even calling 11-5 seems crazy. Have any of you guys watched the games this year? I love the Hawks but win out is beyond homerism.

We are 7-4. We have lost 36% of our games when we were healthy. We have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, but have the hardest portion of that coming up. We have refused to make the necessary coaching changes to correct our biggest issues.

Looking objectively at our play this year, our injuries, and our upcoming opponents, 10-6 is being optomistic. Sad but true.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Rams are completely capable of running the table or finishing 11-5, meaning Seattle can finish 11-5 and still be a wild card team.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1lt2maqj said:
Rams are completely capable of running the table or finishing 11-5, meaning Seattle can finish 11-5 and still be a wild card team.

No. If both teams finish 11-5, Seahawks would own the tiebreaker, even if they were to lose to the Rams at home. We are getting very deep into the weeds here, but I will explain anyway:

If the Rams were to beat the Seahawks at the Clink, but finish 11-5, that would mean they would have to lose two of their remaining four games. If those two losses were to Philadelphia and Tennessee, then the Seahawks would control the tiebreaker based on record against common opponents. And if either loss was to a conference opponent, then the Seahawks would control the tiebeaker based on having the better record in the division.

If the Seahawks win out, they win the division.

If both the Seahawks and Rams finish 11-5, the Seahawks win the division.

If both finish 10-6, then Seahawks would also win the division in every scenario (based on head-to-head, record in the division, or common games tiebreaker).

The Rams still have to play the Eagles, at the Seahawks, and at the Titans. They can win the division by winning out or losing fewer of their remaining games than the Seahawks.

Obviously, beating the Rams again (this time at home) will be very important.

original poster

Reaction score
I believe 11-5 (loosing a close one this weekend) will be the final outcome. I've set my expectations at getting to the divisional round and I'll be happy. Well, not 'happy' but you know what I mean.

Josea16

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3iwyevsm said:
5_Golden_Rings":3iwyevsm said:

No. If both teams finish 11-5, Seahawks would own the tiebreaker, even if they were to lose to the Rams at home. We are getting very deep into the weeds here, but I will explain anyway:

If the Rams were to beat the Seahawks at the Clink, but finish 11-5, that would mean they would have to lose two of their remaining four games. If those two losses were to Philadelphia and Tennessee, then the Seahawks would control the tiebreaker based on record against common opponents. And if either loss was to a conference opponent, then the Seahawks would control the tiebeaker based on having the better record in the division.

If the Seahawks win out, they win the division.

If both the Seahawks and Rams finish 11-5, the Seahawks win the division.

If both finish 10-6, then Seahawks would also win the division in every scenario (based on head-to-head, record in the division, or common games tiebreaker).

The Rams still have to play the Eagles, at the Seahawks, and at the Titans. They can win the division by winning out or losing fewer of their remaining games than the Seahawks.

Obviously, beating the Rams again (this time at home) will be very important.
I love that the Rams are back and San Francisco is coming with a bullet. I'm thinking we will go 9-7 and no playoffs. We need to reload on offense, enough with 65% of the cap going to an aging injured defense. Time to actually build around Wilson already. Wentz and Goff got that much in two years and stupid people think they are better then Wilson already. It's offensive.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Josea16":3vcbdovu said:
I love that the Rams are back and San Francisco is coming with a bullet. I'm thinking we will go 9-7 and no playoffs. We need to reload on offense, enough with 65% of the cap going to an aging injured defense. Time to actually build around Wilson already. Wentz and Goff got that much in two years and stupid people think they are better then Wilson already. It's offensive.

It's unusual for a team to lose two of its best players and still remain in the playoff hunt. But that's where we are right now: in control of our own destiny, having already beaten the Rams on the road.

I feel the offense is starting to come together. The offensive line had its best game in the last two years and will only get better down the stretch with Duane Brown leading the charge. Mike Davis looked promising at RB, and he should return this week. Russell Wilson is having an MVP-caliber season. So anything is possible if the offense can gain some momentum in this final month of the season. Pete Carroll teams tend to finish strong.

Josea16

Reaction score
hawknation2017":343du8bv said:
Josea16":343du8bv said:

It's unusual for a team to lose two of its best players and still remain in the playoff hunt. But that's where we are right now: in control of our own destiny, having already beaten the Rams on the road.

I feel the offense is starting to come together. The offensive line had its best game in the last two years and will only get better down the stretch with Duane Brown leading the charge. Mike Davis looked promising at RB, and he should return this week. Russell Wilson is having an MVP-caliber season. So anything is possible if the offense can gain some momentum in this final month of the season. Pete Carroll teams tend to finish strong.
I am game. I believe in Wilson, but he needs just a little help. When Rodgers and Ben won they had help. So give it to Wilson.

Latest posts