A couple observations

sedrohawk

Reaction score
this forum has to have a player they bash every year. usually its been sweezy, but this year its going to be carp or britt.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
pandion - It still looks like ADB struggles to create separation like an elite #1WR should though my point was that he still manages to come up with the ball, covered or no, when it comes his way. I never thought about his height limiting him but I guess you have a fair point.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":13d5fasp said:
Evil_Shenanigans":13d5fasp said:
Last night was an odd game for me. I too am waiting for both Mayowa and Scruggs to break out. Both solid just not shining. I still do not believe we have Chris Clemons replacement on the roster yet! Schofield had a good night but you expect it from a guy like him.

Scruggs has looked very solid in my opinion. I rather him take his time and get his legs and specifically his knee underneath him, and trust it while working on being assignment correct than go all out and risk injury. He did have a sack. It also appears that the Seahawks want him to be the 2-gapper behind Mebane and that could be a reason why he seems to disappear at times.

I know on at least one play I watched Scruggs walk his lineman right back into the QB's face. Then of course there was the time that the QB tried to escape the end and Scruggs had moved the pocket back so that he fell right into Scruggs lap. I like what I've seen from him. I think he will be good as a rotational DL.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I liked what I saw out of Keiro Small. I think it was his first or second play, he pancaked some guy in open space. Dude is a wrecking ball. (Personal bias disclaimer, he is my adopt a rookie.)

Atradees

Reaction score
Carpenter is a very large man.

Line blocking was better....so good Turbin didnt fall over.

RW is amazing...is he really not maxed out yet?

TJ is so secure he doesnt need to play

The depth at CB is better than any other team

we are finally getting real deep at wide out

To not have Clemons and Red.....and be better.......whew!

The offense has real potential this year for some yards thru the air.

It will continue to be another great year of developement under this staff.

Sixty-seven thousand, six-hundred and fifteen for preseason against the Chargers!!! ROAR.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
James Carpenter was the huge difference in the run game between week 1 and 2. QBs and RBs rushed for 243 yds. Turbin had 70 yards in the 1st qtr alone. That 47 yd gain was most of it but that was to Carp's side. He ws plowing through Charger defense. The line looked tons better than last week and it was still without Unger and Okung.

Wilson looks in regular season game form. Harvin looks excellent. Baldwin had a huge catch for TD brought back. He one foot down and then got pushed out of bounds. Hauschka hit a 55 yard FG. Jon Ryan got the night off (best stat ever). The first team offense put 4 scores on the board in the first half.

The negatives are the 3rd and 4th stringers are an extreme drop-off from 1st and 2nd string defense. The 3rd and 4th secondary is just lights out poor. The pass rush was non existant in the 2nd half. Clemens was chewing up the Seahawks. Drop-offs are too be expected though. Christine Michael needs to learn how to secure the football. Fumbled twice yesterday. Tyrelle Pryor is a good runner and horrible passer. Pryor couldn't hit a broad side of a barn throwing the ball but maybe he could running it.

King Dog

Reaction score
Anthony!":15vjg3t6 said:
And you guys want him really? wow and do not forget if PC thinks he can with TP it might cost us RW.

Hahahaha. Awesome. Thanks for the morning laugh :thirishdrinkers:

the ditch

Reaction score
I was really pumped and jacked watching this game. I rag on Turbin all the time but last night he played different, he wasn't falling down easily on contact, he was running at people, it was exciting to see him play that way and he also threw down some good blocks.

What's there left to say about Russell? He looks a lot more confident and poised, it's scary to think that he can get better, always looking down the field, Russell being Russell. I think we need to cut Pryor, he is just not a passer, he looks confused when it's a passing play, he breaks out early and runs. I think it's a waste of a roster spot and BJ Daniels I think is already a better quarterback.

Fun game.

Mick063

Reaction score
1) Richardson slowed down and jumped on the deep route instead of running through the ball. That missed opportunity is on him.

2) TJack is a lock to make the team.

3) I wouldn't be surprised if Pryor make the roster, but is inactive for most the games.

4) Pryor's fortunes are heavily dependent upon the team's cumulative injury status. So far, so good. If Seattle remains relatively unscathed, he stands a decent shot to make the team in my opinion. If the injuries start to rack up, he will be waived with the hope that he clears and is placed on practice squad. Projects are luxuries that only healthy teams can afford to keep on the active roster.

5) I expect one of Pryor, Daniels, or Price, in that order, will end up on the practice squad and only Pryor stands a chance of making the final roster.

6) The difference between the San Diego game and the Denver game was the fast track/sloppy field. From Turbin to Mayowa to Maxwell, you could easily notice that the footing in Denver was really hindering them. The passing game always gains greater advantage on a sloppy field. The Seahawks are a track team engineered to play on a fast track.

7) Russell isn't a future elite QB. He is a current elite QB. His accuracy is off the charts. His ability to extend plays is off the charts. His ball security is off the charts (relative to typical "under 25" quarterbacks). He is a godsend for Seattle's ordinary offensive line.

salamander

Reaction score
MLOhawks":cjix8ug2 said:
Pryor experiment at QB is over, I want him playing WR or TE.

I don't fully understand all the negativity on Prior. He scored a td on one of 2 drives. The other drive Helfet had a false start and a drop. I think his real value is for our defense to prep for the mobile QBs we will face this year. If we keep three QBs he will be one of them. If we only keep two QBs he still has a chance. Even though they could both be good backups I don't see a need for both TJack AND BJ Daniels on the team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sweezy had some really nice run blocks. Britt Flashed his potential, and his rookiness.

I thought it was Michael's fumbling in camp last year that got him dog housed. It has not stopped. Turbin has one career fumble, and that as a kick returner not a runner. Michael loves to go low when pass blocking, I really want to see him just square a guy up.

I know Keiro Small is slow. He didn't look slow when it was 4th and short.

Mayowa looked lost stunting. Schofield knows just what he is doing when stunting. I like Mayowa's talent, but he is dog meat raw, with a lack of experience that goes back to college. IF he ends up getting real game snaps, it will be a mix of talent flashing and painful on the job learning.

The Percy Harvin effect is astounding. Wilson could have gone to him on the pass to Miller, Percy had the corner and safety beat. Harvin draws 2, if not 3 sets of eyes every play. Bevell has to have a gameplan that gets Percy 10 touches besides kick returns every week. Simply replacing the 65 or so touches to Golden would be a total failure, Percy needs to have double that plus some.

I liked the Russell orchestrated hurry up.

Polk738

Reaction score
The first half offense was just lights out, they almost looked like a completely different team out there and I think the OL had a huge part in it, It's amazing what a difference a decent OL can do for the offense. It wasn't chopped up like last week. Turbin wasn't going down after first contact either, and its great to see he is actually improving for once. That 47 yard run of his last night was a thing of beauty, I'm almost certain that if that had been Lynch he would've taken that one all the way. Percy Harvin is the X-factor to this offense, he draws so much attention when he lines up out there-hence that great catch by Zach Miller when he drew the safey away. Looked good in the screen game too. I think we just got a taste of the new and "improved" Seahawks offense.

Largent80

Reaction score
I thought with Carp in there they just followed him and it was paying off. Harvin is just going to change the way defenses play us. If Richardson can get it going with their speed our running game may be even better.

Turbo looked like a different runner. I don't see him beating out C.M. because of either players night either. You have to remember whom they are lined up against, but Beast needs to show C.M. his 2 handed protect the ball technique.

T.E's played great. Britt did rather well and is still learning.

I like what I see from Simon. I saw Adams make both good and bad plays. J.Johnson helped his chances as well.

Schofield had a good game as well as Scruggs. Avril is possessed, and will be spewing green gook all over o-lines all year.

RW was exquisite, I am glad he is winning you over Tical... :roll:

Treghc

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ap31idm said:
Pryor couldn't hit a broad side of a barn throwing the ball but maybe he could running it.

He threw a perfect pass to Helfet, which was dropped by Helfet. Not Pryor's fault at all (makes Pryor 2/4)
He threw a damned near perfect pass to Richardson, but Richardson seemed to put on the brakes a bit before attempting a leaping catch when he could've just ran through the route and caught the ball in stride. (likely would've made Pryor 3/4).
His last missed throw - which had me literally saying "wtf?" out loud - was a miscommunication between him and the receiver.

Honestly, Pryor looked good. He paid more attention downfield while scrambling and improved quite a bit from last week's play. It was the team around him that made him look a lot worse than he was.

Worth the #3 spot? Ehh... Daniels and him are neck and neck to me.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":5h1j0rrm said:
brimsalabim":5h1j0rrm said:
Doug Baldwin really doesn't possess the speed and quickness to be a #1 but he makes up for it with craftiness and tuffnes. He took a heck of a slober knocker on the reversed TD and held on to the ball.

I can't agree with this.

Baldwin is the fastest he's ever been and he's one of the quickest players on the team. 4.4 speed (40) with 6.5.quickness (3-Cone).

If anything is holding him back it his size 5'10, 195 pounds. If he was 6'3, 215, had the same skillset and competitive attitude, he'd be one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL right now.

However, Baldwin was one of the most efficient WRs, last year, and I consider both Harvin (healthy) and Baldwin to be amongst the top 25 WRs in the NFL. Give these guys 100-120 targets and they'd put up big time stats.
I want to add to your Baldwin assessment, that in his rookie Season, he played fantastic, and hauled in nearly every single ball thrown in his vicinity.
His second Season was somewhat hampered by injury, but last Season, he got right back into his groove.
IF his play were to continue on a lateral path, that's still pretty damned impressive, but, this Year? I'm expecting him to light it up, and show everyone that you don't have to be 6'-4" to be considered a #1.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Just finished watching the game the second time through and has some additional thoughts:
1. Britt vs. the 1s played better than Winston against the 2s. Couple of negative plays here and there, but barring injury, it looked like he locked this one up.
2. Phillips Adams looked great in run support. Kept showing up. Looked terrible against the pass. I think Simon's on track to replace Maxwell next year. Still needs to clean up the little things but I think his ceiling is higher.
3. Carp's play is uneven. He's either awful or brilliant but he's our best LG right now.
4. Still waiting to see PRich on the field with Harvin.
5. I don't think Chris Matthews makes the team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1x4vbf5f said:
I liked what I saw out of Keiro Small. I think it was his first or second play, he pancaked some guy in open space. Dude is a wrecking ball. (Personal bias disclaimer, he is my adopt a rookie.)
That low center of gravity, and his cannon ball build, is damned hard to slow down, and if he gets any kind of a momentum going?, look out. :shock:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":74mlqo0t said:
If anything is holding him back it his size 5'10, 195 pounds. If he was 6'3, 215, had the same skillset and competitive attitude, he'd be one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL right now.

Football Outsiders listed Baldwin as #2 in DVOA. So i'd say he's a top 5 WR.