A couple observations

Anthony!

Reaction score
Scottemojo":30cfx8jt said:
Tical21":30cfx8jt said:
It had better still be Marshawn's team. Find something that works to the tune of a Super Bowl Championship and then adjust your philosophy? Is the goal to win championships or put up numbers? I think the goal should be to run more and run more effectively, not less. Just, what, oh yeah, yesterday, we absolutely dominated a game by putting up something like 250 on the ground. Was that not good enough? There is zero doubt that Percy is going to get his. Marshawn and our defense feed off each other. It is a beautiful thing. Be very careful what you wish for.
I have no doubt it is still Lynch's team. He will get 15-20 touches and this is still a play action passing team. Though there are 10 or so extra plays a game for this offense if they get more first downs and drop the lets chew the clock and run only 50 offensive plays strategy.

Okay first this is not ML team, has not been since #3 came a long. You want to argue how import ML is to the team fine, I can agree he is or at least having a running game is, but in the end this team will only go as far on offense as RW takes them period. YOU can bet we will pass more than last year PC already said he wants even more balance. So I am guessing 25-35 passes and 25-35 runs, it will all depend on the team we face, the score, the way the game is called by refs etc. As to the 50 offensive play strategy, given how they showed Friday I get the feeling that is not what the plan is, I mean really you are going to practice and use no huddle in a preseason game but not use it in a normal game? Lets remember why they made it harder on defenses to stop the pass, with the emphasis on holding, illegal contact etc, they also made an emphasis on certain types of o-line blocks, and those types of block are what we do. PC is no fool if the rules are pro pass then of course we will pass more when we need to. As I said I am betting Rw throws it 30-35 a game this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete is about controlling the clock as well as putting up points, getting points gives the team more flexibility, the defense getting turnovers creates a short field to get more points. Thats when things get fun for this team and it opens up and Wilson can pass more, the other option is having to come from behind, a position I don't want to see us in for fantasy stats and attempts. We go back to run run after the blow out unless the team has clipboard material to send a message about. Then its 43 - 8.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1x0g6qq5 said:
It had better still be Marshawn's team. Find something that works to the tune of a Super Bowl Championship and then adjust your philosophy? Is the goal to win championships or put up numbers? I think the goal should be to run more and run more effectively, not less. Just, what, oh yeah, yesterday, we absolutely dominated a game by putting up something like 250 on the ground. Was that not good enough? There is zero doubt that Percy is going to get his. Marshawn and our defense feed off each other. It is a beautiful thing. Be very careful what you wish for.

I more or less agree. Marshawn is the tone setter (though I do think Harvin wears down defenses too in his own kind of way). I just think that in terms of scoring points and jumping out to a big early lead Lynch has less of an impact than Harvin does.

Last year 1st half scoring was a problem for the Seahawks. But in Harvin's three starts? Seattle's offense had a better first half than second half in all 3 cases.

With the exception of the ultra fluky Colts game, the Seahawks almost always turn a sizable early lead into a win. Carson Palmer made a comment last year about the "walls closing in" when playing Seattle. He was referring to how hard it can be to beat them when playing from behind.

You see Pete tinkering with hurry up a bit on Friday? Pete knows that early game scoring matters big time. Good for him.

That's not to say that Lynch isn't the heartbeat of the team. He is. But the impact I'm seeing from Harvin is so profound it could make Seattle nearly unbeatable when they are healthy and on their game. And Harvin will have this impact even as Lynch gets his annual 300+ carries.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Tical21":127vl19u said:
I disagree.....I think you need to always look to improve/evolve.

themunn

Reaction score
Mick063":2ls4wieb said:
4) Pryor's fortunes are heavily dependent upon the team's cumulative injury status. So far, so good. If Seattle remains relatively unscathed, he stands a decent shot to make the team in my opinion. If the injuries start to rack up, he will be waived with the hope that he clears and is placed on practice squad. Projects are luxuries that only healthy teams can afford to keep on the active roster.

He has a accrued season on an active roster (6 games) = ineligible for the practice squad

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Play slow on offense (outside of two minute), drain the clock, limit # of plays, hit 'em with explosives.

That's the formula -- need to lean on your feature RB to execute it. Keeps the turnovers low while also setting up play-action for chunk yardage. Pete has run the numbers every which way. He's big on win/score probabilities. The formula above wins you football games if you have the personnel to pull it off. Yes, it's predictable and folks here are going to continue killing Bevell for it, but this is Pete's identity. It's what he wants. Unless there's a dramatic shift in how defenses play Seattle, I don't imagine too much divergence from this formula.

Run, run, QB scramble, and the occasional big pass. I do agree, however, that increased efficiency (which Harvin should help out with) can really ramp this offense up.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1ymk9tqx said:
pandion - It still looks like ADB struggles to create separation like an elite #1WR should though my point was that he still manages to come up with the ball, covered or no, when it comes his way. I never thought about his height limiting him but I guess you have a fair point.
Watchu talkin 'bout Willis? ADB was the best of our WR corps at 'getting separation' last season. Where did yer analysis come from? Chris Carter's offhhand remarks?