After 3 Pre-Season Games who starts on D-Line?

RW92

Reaction score
I just wanted to get some feedback from everyone on the big elephant in the room. And that is looking at the D-Line.
First off, I think between the linebackers and D-backs we are pretty much set who is going to start. The question remains, who do you think gives us our best chance at winning this coming year on the defensive line? I know things can change, players can get better, some get worse, some get injured. But getting to the QB is paramount. And getting off the field on 3rd down is critical. So here is my starting defensive line with a few subs in key passing down situations depending on down and distance and score. Give any feedback or criticism you would like.

RDE RDT LDT LDE

1.) Starters: Avril Reed Bennett Jones

2.) Subs: Clark Q. Jeffferson Rubin Bass

I moved Bennett to tackle because I just feel that at the age of 31 he just isn't as effective on the outside edge. He seems more disruptive in the middle of the line. Jones has played well and I love the length of his reach and arms on the edge. Yes I have moved Rubin out of the starting lineup. Just not as good as the other guys right now. Clark will see a lot of playing time as well as Bass who has impressed me this pre-season. And Q. Jefferson appears to be improving if given the opportunity. We'll see what happens as rosters are trimmed from 90 to 53. I just hope it all comes together come two weeks in Greenbay. My honorable mentions are Marsh and Marcus Smith who play with a lot of energy and aggressiveness when in the game.

PS. My edit was corrected by the site. I had it spaced better on original edit. Hope you can follow.

Joygazm

Reaction score
Avril/Bennett/Clark/Marsh

Reed/Rubin/Jones/Bass

Swing DT/DE - Bennett/Bass

That's my feelings.

Rubin is a vet who holds his own, and Jones is still learning. McDowell being out is why Bass makes it, along with his ability to play in and out.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Base D I would think would see Avril, Bennet, Rubin, and probably Reed.

Jones and Clark will be some of the first subs in (I could see Jones and Reed swapping places).

Marsh and Bass provide just a bit more depth.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Maybe we sign Desmond Bryant to shore up the interior run defense....or trade for Sheldon Richardson, since the Jets picked up Kony Ealy off waivers from the Pats.

Avril Reed, Bryant Bennett

Marsh, Jones, Rubin Clark

Bass as the hybrid Bruce Irvin role....