After watching XLVIII AGAIN.....

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":uor6cp6r said:
It's not every day, every year, hell every DECADE you get a chance to go down in NFL history by beating the bejeezus out of the NFL's most prolific offense in the biggest game on the planet...You may as well put a few exclamation marks in the history books with a resounding ASS WHOOPING!

112-0 would have been the perfect score.

I'm so much more impressed with the 43-8 part than the offensive score. It just put a huge exclamation point after the Hawk's D being so good all year.

The offensive and ST scores were just so much icing on a delicious cake.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Having re-watched it "more than once" they were damn lucky that we failed to capitalize on three more scoring opportunities in the first half. This game could have very easily been 60 to nothing. Then we would surely have heard all about it. Our attack was measured, it was precise, and it was exclamatory!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
The game was really really close there for that first 12 seconds!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I moved the dvd player that I had the game recorded on to the big screen.....and I am having issues with it working according to standards....I think it is my cats fault. she is on my lap controlling me again. dammit.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
TAB420":8knwaxcj said:
It wasn't until half way through the forth quarter that I look at my son and said "I think we got this" I was that nervous. The game was two days before my sons 14th birthday and all he asked for was a Seahawk's victory. YOU ALL OWE HIM....lol

I was the same way, was super nervous up into the 4th. I kept thinking the Broncos were going to start raining down pts on us at any moment!! :?

Having wathced it about 5 times since then, I just have to laugh at myself. We honestly had that game wrapped up in the 1st quarter, just dominated from :12 seconds in until the whistle.

But at the time?! Was a nervous wreck. :lol:

And to the OP, nah we didn't run it up... it was just too damn easy. I think the rest of the country saw that, never crossed anyones mind we were trying to run it up. Just a blow out.

Riley12

Reaction score
I had a few nerves coming back from halftime.

I figured the Broncos were going to get their act together and this supposed 'best offense in the history of the NFL' would
put up a couple of points.

Ha! As soon as Percy grabbed that ball and flew past the initial 5 (six?) guys and was heading for our endzone, we knew it was
all over and started celebrating. The second half was just a prolonged victory celebration, kind of like the entirety of the 2005 NFCCG.

No doubt.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2quz5on3 said:
I am surprised that none of the national pundits/haters haven't accused the Hawks of running up the score, as Seattle was still passing in the 4th quarter in a blow out.

Yeah but typically when you run with the ball, it's to keep the ball in your possession while burning clock. I think most of us remember that just about the only thing the Broncos were doing right was stopping Lynch from getting any meaningful yards. What did he have like 30 yards on 15 carries? had we attempted to run the ball more we probably would have given Peyton more chances to turn it into a game.

I was nervous until about 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter, or whenever it was that we scored our last TD. I kept telling myself, it's still Peyton Manning (and there were a few times Sherman was slow to get up and then eventually didn't) and I was worried that was going to suddenly swing things. Im the type of fan who never likes to think "we got this" until its like up by 8 points with ball in hand and 10 seconds left to go.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Riley12":1wv8csmr said:
I had a few nerves coming back from halftime.

I figured the Broncos were going to get their act together and this supposed 'best offense in the history of the NFL' would
put up a couple of points.

Ha! As soon as Percy grabbed that ball and flew past the initial 5 (six?) guys and was heading for our endzone, we knew it was
all over and started celebrating. The second half was just a prolonged victory celebration, kind of like the entirety of the 2005 NFCCG.

No doubt.
This covers it for me and my best buddy who was watching with me and the Mrs. After Percy ran it back I said "we got this" and he said "yep, we finally got one". I poured us all some Crown (with Coke for those two weenies) and we started celebrating.

Exittium

Reaction score
When I rewatch the supeb owl over and over again laugh and think about

[youtube]SSGNNhbUYyw[/youtube]

Skeeve

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: It was that first snap that caused the blow out, donks got out of sync and just couldn't get it back ( I heard that somewhere :lol: ).

Best game ever, including all planets, galaxies, universes, and dimensions.

253hawk

Reaction score
'93 Bills/Oilers AFC wild card game. There's no such thing as running up the score in the NFL -- let alone when you're facing THE HIGHEST SCORING OFFENSE OF ALL TIMEZ OMG. If Frank Reich can come back from 32 down in 21 minutes, Peyton Manning could do it from 29 down in 29 minutes (but not against the LoB.)

People that whine about running up the score should stick to watching little league.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the Hawks scoring there would have been no excitement at all. There were plenty of Manning haters out there that many people enjoyed the game as it was.

It wasn't like the Hawks were going out of their way. They simply wanted to give the defense as much rest as possible. How many times did they punt? 2? Maybe 3?

rcaido

Reaction score
This was the first Superbowl where i couldn't eat, it was the most intense game i've ever seen. It was the same level as the last 2 minutes in that 49ers game...After the Baldwin touchdown i started to relax slightly.

I just re-watched the Superbowl again & i was still nervous haha, but man i think Russell Wilson played an amazing game & should gotten the MVP. He had so many big plays at the 1st half.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Were not the Broncos running up the score to get Peyton Manning a record number of touchdowns in a season this year??? Hmmmm.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Exittium":3qu4snut said:
When I rewatch the supeb owl over and over again laugh and think about

[youtube]SSGNNhbUYyw[/youtube]
The epitome of butthurt. Her tears could fill an ocean. When I think of how many other Donkey fans out there were just like this I end up here..... :179417:
I have never liked that team and for the Hawks to beat the shit out of them made XLVIII just that much better.
The weather in Washington/Oregon sucks this weekend (1.7 freaking inches of rain in the last 24 hours in Portland.....sigh) so guess I will be inside all day tomorrow. Hmmmmmm, what to do witrh my time? Oh wait, I know! I will watch the NFCCG and Owl again and wallow in it some more. :D

Tical21

Reaction score
Ya know, I was thinking a bit about this too, but it wasn't the first time this season we have done it. I don't know if it is a Carroll thing or a Bevell thing. And we almost always call the same play. We know that when team's know we're going to run, we can call the playaction bootleg, and pick up 5 yards whenever we want to. That is what Marshawn Lynch, and your running reputation can do for you.

I can't say I really like it though. I think you are kind of conceding that you aren't going to be able to run for the first down. I dunno, I'm sure it is smart, and it has worked so far. I don't really think you're in danger of being accused of running up the score when you're throwing 5 yard passes, but I'm still an old-school guy with a lineman mentality, and I would be offended if my coach didn't run the ball to run the clock out, especially up 30.

Skeeve

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before but I found this a bit weird,

"1. The reality that, after thousands of games since 1920, this was the first NFL game that ever ended by that score, 43-8. The good folks at fivethirtyeight.com came up with that, and since Nate Silver and Co. are numerical Nostradameses, I’d go with that as gospel." :shock:

http://nypost.com/2014/02/03/was-seahawks-broncos-worst-super-bowl-ever/

Riley12

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":10sjnsdy said:
There were plenty of Manning haters out there that many people enjoyed the game as it was.

I saw a post on youtube that mentioned how much Patriots, Chargers, Raiders and Chiefs fans enjoyed the game.

Patriots fans, in particular, seem to hate Manning/Broncos as much as the Ravens hate the Stealers.