Aldon Smith arrested for DUI this morning--UPDATE

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If Rog is so concerned about "protecting the shield"' which he claims, the punishment should be severe as Aldon has been "crapping" all over the shield for years! Not likely though as Rog is a weasel when it comes to protecting certain teams.

mikeak

Reaction score
Twistedhusky - thanks for sharing and your perspective

My biggest point about what is different is these guys can afford cab fare from California to Florida in a daily basis... These guys can get a team car anytime anywhere. The problem here was partying all night and most likely not wanting anyone to know.

As I was told by my mom a long time ago - don't drink but if you do then call and I will get you and we won't discuss the alcohol.....

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
mikeak":2c70qev0 said:
My biggest point about what is different is these guys can afford cab fare from California to Florida in a daily basis... These guys can get a team car anytime anywhere. The problem here was partying all night and most likely not wanting anyone to know.

The NFL even supplies a service to all players for a free taxi ride if you're unable to drive properly.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Niner fans are a little sensitive over in the zone. Shocked that I am not banned yet, actually.

chris98251

Reaction score
So the Seahawks take Aderall and should be banned, a 49er gets DUI's multiple times is found with Pot and Drugs,has parties where women are raped and people get stabbed and were the one's that need to clean things up?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1fls1l45 said:
Niner fans are a little sensitive over in the zone. Shocked that I am not banned yet, actually.
I got banned. That makes 3 accounts banned at that lame-ass place, haha.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2mmdv8uo said:
E.C. Laloosh":2mmdv8uo said:
I got banned. That makes 3 accounts banned at that lame-ass place, haha.

You were far less annoying over there than I am right now. That's hilarious. Going to have to cry yourself to sleep tonight?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
One of the dumbest posts I've ever read...this dude posted this on another Seahawks board

Highwatermark;1055279 said:
I don't buy this. This is a legal matter. Nothing more. He broke the law, and he should face whatever penalty the law gives him. But the team doesn't bear any responsibility for Smith's actions, nor should they be required to add punishment on top of what the legal system hands out, unless its specified in his contract. Why should someone lose their job because they drove drunk, unless their job is one that requires a clean driving record? If they want to punish him for making the team look bad, then fine, they should have that right. But they have no obligation to be his nanny. They're not raising him to be a good citizen. They're paying him to play football. And as long as he does that, I don't see that they should be require to care what he does in his off-time. IMO, it's the legal system that is supposed to punish people for their transgressions, not the employer. Employers aren't judges. They should not be morality police. They should not be handing out civil punishments. They should be looking at their own bottom line, and making decisions based on that. So if the Niner's staff feels that they are better off with Smith in the lineup, DUI and all, they should be free to keep him on the payroll, rather than being forced to jump on the punishment bandwagon.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
-The Glove-":c0kbf8tn said:
One of the dumbest posts I've ever read...this dude posted this on another Seahawks board

Highwatermark":c0kbf8tn said:
I don't buy this. This is a legal matter. Nothing more. He broke the law, and he should face whatever penalty the law gives him. But the team doesn't bear any responsibility for Smith's actions, nor should they be required to add punishment on top of what the legal system hands out, unless its specified in his contract. Why should someone lose their job because they drove drunk, unless their job is one that requires a clean driving record? If they want to punish him for making the team look bad, then fine, they should have that right. But they have no obligation to be his nanny. They're not raising him to be a good citizen. They're paying him to play football. And as long as he does that, I don't see that they should be require to care what he does in his off-time. IMO, it's the legal system that is supposed to punish people for their transgressions, not the employer. Employers aren't judges. They should not be morality police. They should not be handing out civil punishments. They should be looking at their own bottom line, and making decisions based on that. So if the Niner's staff feels that they are better off with Smith in the lineup, DUI and all, they should be free to keep him on the payroll, rather than being forced to jump on the punishment bandwagon.

I get what he's saying, and in a sense it is true if they want to have their best chance to win. It's been stated many times that yeah, the 49ers don't have to do anything about it, but it's a bit hypocritical from what they've done and preached in the past. Also punishing him further might help emphasize how big of a deal this really is, and hopefully Aldon will finally realize that. Harbaugh has spoken out against the PED's issue in Seattle with all this reproach stuff and then even supported the suspension of Demarcus Dobbs for DUI/Substance Abuse Violation, but then Smith gets a pass? Again, the 49ers don't have to do anything, but from what I've seen, a lot of their own fans think they should send this dude a message. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
RE: Marvin49 and/or others leaving the board... I find it not at all coincidental that they are leaving after the Seahawks beatdown. Using the Aldon fuckup and "higher ground" as an excuse is hilarious. They've been annoying us since last year, the offseason on this board was almost unbearable, and suddenly they are above reproach. Not a loss.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Archer":ovu5ivv8 said:
RE: Marvin49 and/or others leaving the board... I find it not at all coincidental that they are leaving after the Seahawks beatdown. Using the Aldon fuckup and "higher ground" as an excuse is hilarious. They've been annoying us since last year, the offseason on this board was almost unbearable, and suddenly they are above reproach. Not a loss.

They honestly believed Kaepernick's performance here last December was just because it was his first time in our house with the louder noise. Facing reality can really suck. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":19o6lrag said:
They are sensitive PERIOD! They can talk crap but cant handle it when it's flipped back at them. Noticed this in person and on message boards, including this one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1lmfjycq said:
Archer":1lmfjycq said:

They honestly believed Kaepernick's performance here last December was just because it was his first time in our house with the louder noise. Facing reality can really suck. :)
That and Justin Smith didn't play, and Aldon's widdle arm hurt. Well, last Sunday night destroyed both of those myths/theory's/excuses!

Vandelay

Reaction score
Lynch's circumstances much different! ha! Gun charges, runs over a woman. Hit an run i might add. DUI,big deal it was last fall, it just show that he has never learned. Was piece of sh** in Buffalo, he is the same here. Was at Cal as well. He is a great great player but dont act like you dont employ morons. For god sakes this is the organization that employed a serial rapist in Jeremy Stevens for years!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Vandelay":vztwoizz said:
Lynch's circumstances much different! ha! Gun charges, runs over a woman. Hit an run i might add. DUI,big deal it was last fall, it just show that he has never learned. Was piece of sh** in Buffalo, he is the same here. Was at Cal as well. He is a great great player but dont act like you dont employ morons. For god sakes this is the organization that employed a serial rapist in Jeremy Stevens for years!

Who said the Seahawks don't employ morons lol? We know Lynch has a history with off the field issues and many have addressed that in this thread. Almost every person on this site has some disdain for Jeremy Stevens and no one is okay with what he's done. Is every organization in the NFL perfect? No, ours isn't either and no one even came close to insinuating that. We're not proud of what any of these guys do, and no one is condoning it, so just cause they're employed by the team we cheer for doesn't make any of us think it's okay that they commit these crimes. You can point out some past offenders for Seattle, but the 49ers have their fair share of rapist still on the team, but this is not to justify anything, just pointing out that no organization is perfect.

People say Lynch's circumstance are different because all of his legal trouble(at least in SEA) was during the off season, unlike Smith's situation which occurred during the regular season and while he was heading to practice(drunk). What Lynch did was still terrible, but there's obviously more concern if he did this during the regular season when he should be preparing to play than during the off season when it's basically vacation for the players(again not justifying what he did, just showing a point). I think since Carroll took over, Lynch's one DUI is the only legal issue that has arose for the hawks.

You say Lynch is a POS, in which I agree when addressing his off the field issues, but than the same is to be said of Aldon Smith.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vandelay":1d1xb2ox said:

As long as we are going back that far, we should not leave out Jim Harbaugh's DUI arrest in 2005.