Aldon Smith gets drunk and fired shots towards others

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love how on the 49ers Web Zone forum, almost all of the replies are about how it's BS because the incident is a little more than a year old. It's a civil suit, they tend to be slow, but also in crime-related matters, it's common to wait until the police investigation is fully finished before filing a civil lawsuit. You never know what might happen in a criminal trial that might help in a civil one; so they all assume it's nothing but a money grab, despite it being a known fact that a stabbing happened and shots were fired. Geez.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
There's a civil suit against Hernandez right now, where he shot a dude in the face and blinded him. The criminal justice system is constantly manipulated. It's not a good thing to even be accused in this manner. This isn't punching a dude over car keys.

uncle fester

Reaction score
But hey - as long as they're not using PEDs, they're pure, right?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pstark3":1ccvtbi0 said:
Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates 40m
#49ers LB Aldon Smith repeatedly illegally fired shots toward others attending a party after he consumed significant quantities of alcohol

You'll never party that hard
At least he wasn't using PED's so it's all good by Hairball's estimation. "We don't countance cheaters. Wife beaters, general assault and guns? That's fine".

rlkats

Reaction score
It does not matter civil or criminal there should be extreme punishment if found guilty/liable

mretrade

Reaction score
This type of behavior is not acceptable. He needs to grow up. He is a hell of a talent and can be special in this league if he dedicates himself. As far as implications, this is a civil suit, and Goodell hasn't really suspended anyone under a civil suit (correct me if I am wrong). It reeks of a money grab. How does the plantiff know the defendant's weapons were illegal possessed? How does he know for sure he was intoxicated? Things like that can make the lawsuit easily demised. I expect this lawsuit to not be successful but it still doesn't excuse his behavior. I am hoping he has cleaned stuff up since the incident.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
mretrade":1u3gci5i said:
This type of behavior is not acceptable. He needs to grow up. He is a hell of a talent and can be special in this league if he dedicates himself. As far as implications, this is a civil suit, and Goodell hasn't really suspended anyone under a civil suit (correct me if I am wrong). It reeks of a money grab. How does the plantiff know the defendant's weapons were illegal possessed? How does he know for sure he was intoxicated? Things like that can make the lawsuit easily demised. I expect this lawsuit to not be successful but it still doesn't excuse his behavior. I am hoping he has cleaned stuff up since the incident.

Wait, so if he had the guns registered and was sober, than shooting at people like an idiot is ok?

mretrade

Reaction score
No it is not. Shooting anywhere at a party is dangerous, even if it wasn't directly at people. With what can happen with stray bullets and all.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Yep. No snitching for criminal cases, OK to pursue civil damages. All the hood rats know the rules. It's just as likely (more likely I'd say) that he did it vs. this being a baseless money grab.

Besides, no criminal charges would be filed anyway--just like the other Niner player who knocked out a teammate. Special treatment down there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Niner fans: He would have actually hit some people with those bullets if his labrum wasn't torn!

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
pinksheets":ozxnjrvu said:
At least Justin Smith wasn't there holding anybody so he couldn't connect.
Hahahaha gold.

I believe this is just a new twist to last yrs story. id hope he n delanie did not fire a gun but it would not surprise me.

Comments in here given me sideaches from laughing

Marvin49

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":uoy16e4s said:
mretrade":uoy16e4s said:

Wait, so if he had the guns registered and was sober, than shooting at people like an idiot is ok?

He's not accused of shooting at people. Delanie Walker is (which I also think is total BS...Delanie has never been in trouble).

Aldon is accused of shooting into the air to break up the party. The accuser is saying that those shots into the air made people on other side of street open fire...and THAT is what hit the accuser.

Kinda convenient tho isn't it? Drawing a straight line from the rich guy to the guy who wants his money.

hawker84

Reaction score
mretrade":2af971q2 said:
No it is not. Shooting anywhere at a party is dangerous, even if it wasn't directly at people. With what can happen with stray bullets and all.

Correction, shooting at a party is about as dumb, dimwitted and immature as a grown man can get.. and one would have to questions ones character if he thinks it's ok to fire a weapon at a party, i don't care if it was straight up into the air over a lake... let's not dummy this down, this dude is a grade "A" MORON....and so is Brooks...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":fcf1aa2f said:
Aldon is accused of shooting into the air to break up the party.

Because that's smarter, right? Bullets just keep going up and they never come down according to fizziks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":t46694df said:
mretrade":t46694df said:

Correction, shooting at a party is about as dumb, dimwitted and immature as a grown man can get.. and one would have to questions ones character if he thinks it's ok to fire a weapon at a party, i don't care if it was straight up into the air over a lake... let's not dummy this down, this dude is a grade "A" MORON....and so is Brooks...

...assuming the guy who wants all the money is telling the truth.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2xa2xmrb said:
Marvin49":2xa2xmrb said:
Aldon is accused of shooting into the air to break up the party.

Because that's smarter, right? Bullets just keep going up and they never come down according to fizziks.

Nope...just stating what the complaint says...that I still think is BS and a money grab.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":b9qranb2 said:
hawker84":b9qranb2 said:
mretrade":b9qranb2 said:

I bet your confidence in some other version of the story isn't 100%, is it? Aldon has clearly not been to smart about who he hangs with away from the game so far, so part of you has to be a bit worried all the time he is going to do something dumb and get himself suspended.

I know I think the same thing about Irvin. Like him, root for him, but always am wondering what he is going to do next that isn't good and gets him gone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1eot7gmx said:
Marvin49":1eot7gmx said:
hawker84":1eot7gmx said:

I bet your confidence in some other version of the story isn't 100%, is it? Aldon has clearly not been to smart about who he hangs with away from the game so far, so part of you has to be a bit worried all the time he is going to do something dumb and get himself suspended.

I know I think the same thing about Irvin. Like him, root for him, but always am wondering what he is going to do next that isn't good and gets him gone.

I thought that last off-season. He had a DUI and he had this stabbing incident. He's YOUNG...and I don't just mean looking at the calendar. The team spoke with him and he's been much more mature in the past 1.25 years.

The season and this off-season were drama free.

...and that's kinda why this pisses me off.

It reminds of of the rape claim on Crab just before the NFC Championship game. He was in a hotel with three women and one claimed he raped her. The other two came forward and said her story was BS. These athletes are targets for this kind of crap. The $$$$$ means they will be targetted for BS lawsuits on a consistant basis.

My issue with Aldon right now is that he put himself in a position where this could happen...IE, he was already a target and he then aimed the gun for them. He needs to learn a lesson from that and I hope he already has.

The timing of this mainly tho is what makes me call BS in a big way. Not just that its a long while later...its that it hits right when the season is about to start to maximize publicity.

The other part is the accusation regarding Delanie. Delanie Walker has been on the niners for a long time and NOTHING like this has ever happened. He was considered a model citizen, had several charities, just started another one in regards to DUIs after his aunt and uncle died the night of the Super Bowl, and was on the radio out here in the bay on a regular basis. Now I admit, you never really know a guy....but I have trouble jumping from the Delanie we all knew to a Delanie that got drunk and started firing shots at a crowd.

I don't buy it.

13thMan

Reaction score
All you have to do is look at the timeline, the lack of criminal charges, etc., etc. to reasonably deduce that this is in fact clearly a money grab. I called it with Kobe, I called it with Crabtree and I'm calling it here. That said, Aldon did set himself up with something like this due to his immaturity.

I don't think there's anything to see here though, and this probably won't even be news on Sunday.

It's a shame that there are people in the world who have to resort to this sort of thing for a quick buck, but the athletes/celebrities need to be smarter for it IMO.

Latest posts