Any difference in Wilson's pocket stance?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seymour":19567o4s said:
chris98251":19567o4s said:
adeltaY":19567o4s said:
Baldwin on Wilson during camp.

That's a huge, huge shot at Bevell and Cable also, the everyone on the same page aspect.

It is also a far bigger shot against Wilson that he could not process what was taking place in front of him, and could not pass along the correct information to the oline.

In fact I'm a bit shocked Baldwin would take the hard of a shot against his QB. Not sure what to make of that to be honest.
Wilson has 6 years in the league, he should be WELL past that stage. Not happy reading this to be honest. :3-1:
I think the blame lies solely on Bevell and Pete here. Russ is an elite QB, but his game is lacking in many areas that most QB's have honed at this point. They have always kept his LOS adjustments to a minimum for one. Plays would consistently get in at the last moment as well. I have never seen a Quarterback as good as Russ be leashed to the degree that Russ is. I think this is one of the biggest knocks on Pete as a coach, his offensive philosophies are questionable.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":28ivx8ld said:
chris98251":28ivx8ld said:
adeltaY":28ivx8ld said:

That's a huge, huge shot at Bevell and Cable also, the everyone on the same page aspect.

It is also a far bigger shot against Wilson that he could not process what was taking place in front of him, and could not pass along the correct information to the oline.

In fact I'm a bit shocked Baldwin would take the hard of a shot against his QB. Not sure what to make of that to be honest.
Wilson has 6 years in the league, he should be WELL past that stage. Not happy reading this to be honest. :3-1:

I don't think it's on Russell, Cables Line calls were a big issue, Bevell was the OC and he should have been working with Wilson as well as Cable to get these aspects fixed.

Wilson calls, 3 down, three lineman fall down, 5 down all lineman fall down, revolving door let them think run and I will boot leg.

Schotty has only had him a few months and the next level talk is happening from Doug, I would think the capability is or was always there, the ciommun9ication from the Staff was not.

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3qhjh84e said:
Seymour":3qhjh84e said:
chris98251":3qhjh84e said:
adeltaY":3qhjh84e said:

I think the blame lies solely on Bevell and Pete here. Russ is an elite QB, but his game is lacking in many areas that most QB's have honed at this point. They have always kept his LOS adjustments to a minimum for one. Plays would consistently get in at the last moment as well. I have never seen a Quarterback as good as Russ be leashed to the degree that Russ is. I think this is one of the biggest knocks on Pete as a coach, his offensive philosophies are questionable.

Agree and stated so in my next post...

Seymour":3qhjh84e said:
]Pretty ridiculous that Pete was so hands off and involved on defense only to the degree he let that continue for 6 years before doing something.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
toffee":3860tejo said:
Russ Willstrong":3860tejo said:
Seanhawk":3860tejo said:
Yep.
DefinitiveGloomyArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif
Not exactly what I was thinking but it works. :2thumbs:

As Senator Craig ably demonstrated, 2.5 ft is about as wide as you wanna go, 3 ft could be unsafe, 4ft which he took definitely gets one into trouble.
Larry craig

Larry Craig is exactly where my mind went when they mentioned a wider stance. :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":7ah9hw41 said:
Seymour":7ah9hw41 said:
chris98251":7ah9hw41 said:
adeltaY":7ah9hw41 said:

I don't think it's on Russell, Cables Line calls were a big issue, Bevell was the OC and he should have been working with Wilson as well as Cable to get these aspects fixed.

Wilson calls, 3 down, three lineman fall down, 5 down all lineman fall down, revolving door let them think run and I will boot leg.

Schotty has only had him a few months and the next level talk is happening from Doug, I would think the capability is or was always there, the ciommun9ication from the Staff was not.

Wilson should be past "next level" basic line and stunt reads on defense after 6 years! When he signed his last contract, he was the #2 payed QB behind Rodgers. This crap should be behind him. If Russ isn't getting the coaching he needs, it's on him to let Pete know that and get it taken care of. And why on gods green earth does Pete take 6 years to do something that at his level should have been flippen obvious.?? :pukeface:

I'm starting to have more compassion for Sherman flippin' his lid.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":2nldeakj said:
chris98251":2nldeakj said:
Seymour":2nldeakj said:
chris98251":2nldeakj said:

Wilson should be past "next level" basic line and stunt reads on defense after 6 years! When he signed his last contract, he was the #2 payed QB behind Rodgers. This crap should be behind him. If Russ isn't getting the coaching he needs, it's on him to let Pete know that and get it taken care of. And why on gods green earth does Pete take 6 years to do something that at his level should have been flippen obvious.?? :pukeface:

You have to ask? Why did it take so long to finally figure out Cables smoke and mirror scheme was not working as well. Pete is loyal and gives chances and second, and third and fourth to a fault.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":32py4brw said:
Seymour":32py4brw said:
chris98251":32py4brw said:
Seymour":32py4brw said:

You have to ask? Why did it take so long to finally figure out Cables smoke and mirror scheme was not working as well. Pete is loyal and gives chances and second, and third and fourth to a fault.

No...don't need to ask, just need to vent. And you are 100% correct. Always compete unless you are a coach...then you are on the official gravy train. :34853_doh:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":27xm51wl said:
adeltaY":27xm51wl said:
Yeah it's more directed towards Wilson, but it definitely applies to the entire offensive staff given it persisted. I don't see it as a "shot" more Baldwin just being honest. I know many here don't like it when a player gives even a remotely negative statement, but I appreciate it.

Look at the finishing sentence......."had he been able to take that next step" places square blame on Wilson (and a lessor degree his coaches).. Baldwin being honest could have worded that better without pointing the finger directly at Wilson like had we for instance. Being honest is one thing, "protect the team" is another. Baldwin saying they clearly under performed and throwing in the "had he" is beyond honesty and entering the "blame game".

I disagree.

Baldwin is clearly talking about the process Wilson is going through the with coaches to be a better QB and the "had he" at the end is referencing that same process.

Its immaterial as I don't see Baldwin blaming anyone, just making an astute observation. I also dont see Wilson making anything of it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":14tve5vb said:
Seymour":14tve5vb said:
adeltaY":14tve5vb said:
Yeah it's more directed towards Wilson, but it definitely applies to the entire offensive staff given it persisted. I don't see it as a "shot" more Baldwin just being honest. I know many here don't like it when a player gives even a remotely negative statement, but I appreciate it.

Look at the finishing sentence......."had he been able to take that next step" places square blame on Wilson (and a lessor degree his coaches).. Baldwin being honest could have worded that better without pointing the finger directly at Wilson like had we for instance. Being honest is one thing, "protect the team" is another. Baldwin saying they clearly under performed and throwing in the "had he" is beyond honesty and entering the "blame game".

I disagree.

Baldwin is clearly talking about the process Wilson is going through the with coaches to be a better QB and the "had he" at the end is referencing that same process.

Its immaterial as I don't see Baldwin blaming anyone, just making an astute observation. I also dont see Wilson making anything of it.

"He" is personal we is not, so I'll disagree. But Wilson making something of it LOL? He turned "not black enough" into a joke. The guy does not possess a bad word about anything, so that is not evidence of anything other than his good nature.

Also..."he'd see something before and didn't know what to make of it" is the process too? Disagree again. If you don't know what to make of something, it's on you to ask.

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":cq3a2knh said:
Seymour":cq3a2knh said:
adeltaY":cq3a2knh said:

I disagree.

Baldwin is like that old wise sage who seldom speaks but when he does you know it's not some self serving tripe and it's always in the pursuit of better than current.

FWIW, if you don't think Bevell stunted RW to a significant degree, if you don't think the split offensive duties between Bevell and Cable stunted the offense, if you don't think Pete's seeming disinterest in offense let things fester, then I truly hope that carries over to teachers at parent teacher conferences and you come down hardest on your kid for being a doink. A pupil can only go so far with middling at best teachers. And I think most signs point to the coaching apparatus on offense being middling at best.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":2nfymhlu said:
Uncle Si":2nfymhlu said:
Seymour":2nfymhlu said:
adeltaY":2nfymhlu said:

I disagree.

"He" is personal we is not, so I'll disagree. But Wilson making something of it LOL? He turned "not black enough" into a joke. The guy does not possess a bad word about anything, so that is not evidence of anything other than his good nature.

Also..."he'd see something before and didn't know what to make of it" is the process too? Disagree again. If you don't know what to make of something, it's on you to ask.

What if you ask and the answer doesn't fit but it's the only answer you get?

Also, by your own assessment, RW seems like a super loyal dog. To a fault. Like one of those Labs or Golden Retrievers you read about starving to death when their owner passed away and they couldn't leave the body for a week. Dogs like that don't go looking for food or in RW's case, food for thought.

Seymour

Reaction score
mrt144":1gxdt22b said:
Seymour":1gxdt22b said:
Uncle Si":1gxdt22b said:
Seymour":1gxdt22b said:

I disagree.

What if you ask and the answer doesn't fit but it's the only answer you get?

Also, by your own assessment, RW seems like a super loyal dog. To a fault. Like one of those Labs or Golden Retrievers you read about starving to death when their owner passed away and they couldn't leave the body for a week. Dogs like that don't go looking for food or in RW's case, food for thought.

Wilson has to much fight to starve so no comparison there. My point is "his public view" is very crafted, and we will never see any indication he is upset. Behind closed doors my hope is he is a bit more vocal. We've seen a bit of evidence of that when he was addressing the oline last season and Baldwin pushed Cable away so Russ could speak his mind.

That is also a classic example of the disfunction between the players and coaches.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seymour":2x1puzk6 said:
Spin Doctor":2x1puzk6 said:
chris98251":2x1puzk6 said:

]Pretty ridiculous that Pete was so hands off and involved on defense only to the degree he let that continue for 6 years before doing something.
Disagree with this notion. I think Pete was more hands on than we'd like to think. Again, I think Pete really needs to take his hands off of the offense completely. He is completely out of his element on offense. His hires and over philosophy here over his tenure have left more questions than answers.

I think his idea of a ball control offense is very confusing. He wants the deep ball to be one of the core elements, but if your goal is TOP you need to be focusing more on short and intermediate routes. You want the high percentage plays so that the clock keeps churning.

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":acxxlc4d said:
Seymour":acxxlc4d said:
Spin Doctor":acxxlc4d said:

Disagree with this notion. I think Pete was more hands on than we'd like to think. Again, I think Pete really needs to take his hands off of the offense completely. He is completely out of his element on offense. His hires and over philosophy here are questionable at best.

You misunderstand my meaning of "hands off". Yes no doubt his hands are on with overall philosophies, crunch time calls.....ect. No his hands are not on with intricate details about the offense, assignments, and route concepts...ect That is why he leans toward the puppet when choosing his coordinator.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3l98y8tc said:
Seymour":3l98y8tc said:
chris98251":3l98y8tc said:
adeltaY":3l98y8tc said:

It sounds like Bevell really stunted his growth.
It wasn't just Bevell,, and the bottom line? it was shitty Coaching by Cable that restricted RW's progressions.
Baldwin PROVED where the fault was this last Season, when he interjected (shoved on Tom Cable) when Wilson was trying to communicate what was wrong with the Offensive blocking by his O-Linemen.
Baldwin knows that it was the Cable's shitty O-Line that was keeping Russell Wilson from taking his play to the next level.
Less than 2 damned seconds to survey the field is a damned joke....RW HAD TO SCRAMBLE.....So much for taking that NEXT STEP.
It WASN'T a "Shot At Wilson" by Baldwin, he knows full well that there's only so much a Quarterback can do with SHITTY PASS PROTECTION hampering the whole process.
Brady would have a shit-fit if his O-Linemen whiffed on him like that, and the Coaching staff would have their asses in a sling for it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seymour I stand corrected you read it better than I did. I think it's clear he included Wilson in his criticism of the previous offense and I appreciate his honesty.

I have definitely seen Wilson call audibles at the line, though I must confess the only concrete examples I can think of were against Cover zero blitzes, so I can't speak to the diversity of playcalls he can switch to.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mrt144":cuflc6jp said:
Uncle Si":cuflc6jp said:
Seymour":cuflc6jp said:
adeltaY":cuflc6jp said:

I disagree.

Baldwin is like that old wise sage who seldom speaks but when he does you know it's not some self serving tripe and it's always in the pursuit of better than current.

FWIW, if you don't think Bevell stunted RW to a significant degree, if you don't think the split offensive duties between Bevell and Cable stunted the offense, if you don't think Pete's seeming disinterest in offense let things fester, then I truly hope that carries over to teachers at parent teacher conferences and you come down hardest on your kid for being a doink. A pupil can only go so far with middling at best teachers. And I think most signs point to the coaching apparatus on offense being middling at best.

Exactly my take.

Baldwin isn’t making light conversation and his process of thought clearly stems from what he sees Wilson doing now with coaches as opposed to before. I think it’s clear what he’s saying.

erik2690

Reaction score
chris98251":1y8eewo5 said:

Maybe but coming from Doug it's usually meant to be a shot at Russ. Last year it always sounded like he was blaming any negative aspect of Bevell on Russ so unless he's done a 180 on Bev I think this is a Russ shot. He protected Bev publicly to an extent he would never do for Wilson.

toffee

Reaction score
I read that Duane Brown was shouting at Russ after one play a few days ago. Between Duane and Doug, one can assume that Russ had some issues, hoping with help from teammates and new OC, Russ can improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erik2690

Reaction score
toffee":q0qfg2io said:
I read that Duane Brown was shouting at Russ after one play a few days ago. Between Duane and Doug, one can assume that Russ had some issues, hoping with help from teammates and new OC, Russ can improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Duane Brown being mad and yelling after getting a false start penalty is not Russ' fault and Doug throwing shade as he has for forever is not Russ' fault. Yeah it will be nice for Russ to improve maybe he'll get 99% of our TD's this year and not miss his FG's as well. I sometimes don't understand the fanbase. The guy who actually has QB'd us to a Super Bowl and is clearly the best QB in franchise history needs to be helped along by Brian Schottenheimer? Brian Schottenheimer? Like if it works well fine, great change of voice can help for sure, but the tone of that is so weird to me. 'I sure hope this proven nothing OC can help along out franchise QB who "had some issues" on his way to leading the league in TD's with minimal O help'. It just feels like people want a reason to think negatively about him or that it's his fault but the opposite with the other people involved. Like maybe just maybe the thing that needs improvement isn't really Russ at least not more than a ton of other pieces.