Any difference in Wilson's pocket stance?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
You guys find fault with Russell Wilson for everything no matter the circumstances. You are more Russell hater than Seahawk fan. He has been a great player for us despite being thrown out there on his own and now that he finally has a coach to work with he can be even better. It’s only taken a few weeks of camp working with the new staff for him to show improvement. Instead of being happy about that you are still bitching and moaning about him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
brimsalabim":30qurerm said:
You guys find fault with Russell Wilson for everything no matter the circumstances. You are more Russell hater than Seahawk fan. He has been a great player for us despite being thrown out there on his own and now that he finally has a coach to work with he can be even better. It’s only taken a few weeks of camp working with the new staff for him to show improvement. Instead of being happy about that you are still bitching and moaning about him.

No one in this thread is bitching and moaning dude, come on. Pointing out ways our QB can improve, which Baldwin did BTW, is just football discussion. There are definitely Wilson haters on this board who don't think we should pay him 30M, that he can't throw over the middle, is inaccurate, etc. None of them posted on this thread.

Would a Patriots fan pointing out a way Brady can improve be bitching and moaning? Cuz I heard that guy has done pretty well for the Pats...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":fmvf39db said:

I think a lot of folks in here that are critical of Wilson's performances of last season should be given a grade of 'Incomplete'.
LOUSY Run game----Shit Coaching by Tom Cable had the Offensive Line embarrassing themselves.
Bevell deserves his share of criticism's, BUT MOST of the blame rest squarely on Cable's shoulders---It's abundantly clear that it rankled the Seahawks Organization, because both he and his partner in crime were sent down the road kicking horse-turds.
I'm trying to get my head around how some in here are not talking about DB pushing Tom Cable on the sidelines, trying to keep him from interfering with Wilson trying to get HIS O-Linemen on the same page.
I'm also curious as to how many OC's could get that CRAP O-Line to perform UP to bottom of the League standards, because Russell Wilson was dealt a SHITTY HAND last season---Bevell was the OC, what he wasn't is a damned miracle worker.
Schottenheimer is paired up with Solari, they share the responsibilities of CORRECTING the atrocious O-Line play, and I think THAT is what Doug Baldwin was trying to communicate.
As for Russell Wilson, maybe NOW without all the helter-skelter, can take the necessary steps to upping his skillset and honing his craft.

sc85sis

Reaction score
On Friday, Brock and Danny were talking about their feeling that Brandon Marshall is likely to make the team if he stays healthy. As part of that discussion, they stated that an added—and likely unexpected by Pete—benefit of his presence was having Marshall say that Russ is the best QB he’s played with and easily in list of the top few at the position. They feel guys in the locker room will take that opinion seriously because of Marshall’s status and tenure as a high-performing vet.

I think Doug is right that Russ hadn’t quite taken that next step before now. There are myriad reasons for it. The important thing is that he does appear to have taken it now, based on what we are hearing.

This bodes well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only was Russ locked in, he looked fast, focused and I loved the pace they were playing at with the 1's.
He can and will improve as a player.

Seymour

Reaction score
NINEster":w5gs0t2v said:
Popeyejones":w5gs0t2v said:
onanygivensunday":w5gs0t2v said:
Read in a recent article that Schotty wants him to stop and survey the field at the end of his drop back.

Huh? Hope he didn’t say that because it has been decades since NFL offenses have worked like that.

I’m generally against messing with QBs mechanics.

Unless it was Kaepernick's.

Krap isn't a QB anymore is he?

Own The West

Reaction score
You guys seem pretty thin skinned on Doug's comments. Haven't you ever had a coach or mentor you've gone to for input and they've just said, "You're doing fine."? That's when you plateau, because you no longer have a mentor. You are on your own.

I find Doug's comments very encouraging. We know Russ is driven to be the best. We know he won't last as a QB running around like a Benny Hill skit until he's 40. The fact that Shotty has opened up a new world for our boy to grow into should make all us fans excited.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doug has been getting in Russ' grill for years, meh. They are just fine. He's always telling him to get it going, strap your sh on etc.

chris98251

Reaction score
If this was not Doug's normal personality it would be an issue, but Doug has always been a very direct and matter of fact type guy that says things point blank. It really is a non issue just calling out stuff he and Russ and everyone else knows about.

thegameq

Reaction score
I think we're a little envious of "other" quarterbacks and are wanting to see Russ take that next big leap--ala the usual suspects (Brees, Brady, etc.). He may simply never become those guys. we keep hearing about how great Russ is but we can all see the problems--some of which is and isn't his fault. But we've all seen what Russ can do when he has a clean pocket. I think I remember a stat during his second year where he was even more dangerous from the pocket that than when scrambling.

If they can give Russ a decent pocket he will return to form. But right now, he's hearing footsteps and the alarm in his head is no doubt very loud after the abuse he's taken from being behind a shoddy o-line.

thegameq

Reaction score
Envious might be too strong a word, but the comparisons and expectations are there. I know for me they are there. I think Russ has all the tools, but like most qbs he needs the complimentary pieces in place to reach his full potential (coaching, playcalling, supporting cast, etc.). Again, he is not without his faults, but I want to see him take that leap to the next level.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's has the most wins in the history of the NFL in his first 6 seasons, and 2 trips to the Super Bowl.
He not only has been one of the top QB's in the league, he's going to get even better.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dsavybkr said:
He's has the most wins in the history of the NFL in his first 6 seasons, and 2 trips to the Super Bowl.
He not only has been one of the top QB's in the league, he's going to get even better.
this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
thegameq":16hwyt2e said:
I think we're a little envious of "other" quarterbacks and are wanting to see Russ take that next big leap--ala the usual suspects (Brees, Brady, etc.). He may simply never become those guys. we keep hearing about how great Russ is but we can all see the problems--some of which is and isn't his fault. But we've all seen what Russ can do when he has a clean pocket. I think I remember a stat during his second year where he was even more dangerous from the pocket that than when scrambling.

If they can give Russ a decent pocket he will return to form. But right now, he's hearing footsteps and the alarm in his head is no doubt very loud after the abuse he's taken from being behind a shoddy o-line.
Envious?, oh hell no...if Breese, Brady, Rodgers had been playing behind Wilsons mega-crappy O-Lines for the last 4 seasons, they'd probably all have to retire because of injuries.
Their Coaches wouldn't put up with the lack of production of their O-Line nor their Coaching.
Even Brady recognizes Russell Wilson as an "Elite Quarterback"---It takes one to know one, eh?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
thegameq":2au4z3nl said:
I think we're a little envious of "other" quarterbacks and are wanting to see Russ take that next big leap--ala the usual suspects (Brees, Brady, etc.). He may simply never become those guys.

What, the other guys who only won a single Super Bowl? I don't think Wilson has anything to apologize for.

Brady is on a level of his own, aided by cheating and a brilliant all-time coach. Who also cheats.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
adeltaY":mv04l3dr said:
DkCdOD6X4AARMdu

Baldwin on Wilson during camp.

I’m surprised Baldwin doesn’t get a week ban from .net for that one :sarcasm_on: