Anyone else feeling surpremely confident about this game?

DaneM1983

Reaction score
I know I sounded like the same homer I was accusing most of you of being but it was the point. :)

We are all very passionate fans who give it 100%(I know I take it to far ;)) and we all see things in the most objective way we can.

The simple fact that the loudest place to play in the NFL is a discussion between the Saints and the Seahawks shows just how crazy and devoted our respective fan bases really are.

Monday night can't come soon enough! I know the Saints will bring it on primetime and I know Seattle is going to be ready for the challenge. I know the fans will have that place rocking just like we would down in the dome.

The AFC just had it's premier matchup this is going to be the NFC's time to show off.

WHO DAT?!?!?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Im pretty confident. Seahawk football has too many strengths for me not to be. The Saints are not the first good team to come to Seattle and while the game may be competitive, like most games at some point the Hawks will take control and not relinquish it.

To me it isn't about how good the Saints are, it is about the Seahawks ability to win games in a variety of ways and their intensity at home.

plyka

Reaction score
kearly":g43adyh5 said:
I felt more nervous about the Kansas City preseason game last year. Seriously.

It's not a slam on the Saints, who are one of the elite teams in football. The matchups and splits favor Seattle for the most part, but forget that. It just seems like this is the kind of game the current Seahawks team never loses. Underdog teams like the Eagles, Rams, and Colts scare me, but big boy teams just don't.

Psychologically speaking, it almost feels like we've been spotted 17 points before kickoff. That's how relaxed I feel.

I've never felt so confident of a blowout and I'm not exaggerating. It won't even be close. I currently think Tampa bay and the rams are equal to the saints in quality. Saints are the most overrated team in the entire NFL.

I don't say this to insult saint fans reading my post. I actually believe it, and this Monday will show it. Mark these words: Seahawks in a total blowout from start to finish, win by roughly 20, tarvaris plays most of the fourth quarter:

jafo

Reaction score
Tical21":12zmav91 said:
This has all the makings of a 41-16 type blowout. The Saints can't stop the Seahawks. Roman Harper? Really? We're going to limit Jimmy Graham, and then there won't be a darn thing the Saints can do. They'll score a few points off of volume of passes alone, but it is going to get well out of hand early. Overrated defense. Bennett is going to harass those newish guards and push them back into Brees all day. Darren Sproles? Meet Kam Chancellor, little man. Come the third quarter, they're going to want to get on the plane and go back home. They'll realize there ain't no PR, and they don't have the bail money to get out of the Clink until they fulfill their sentence.

Newish guards? Jahri Evans is an all pro and considered to be the best guard in football when healthy. Ben Grubbs is a pro bowler on the left side. Now you may get some push on our C.

jafo

Reaction score
plyka":evubo9go said:
kearly":evubo9go said:
I felt more nervous about the Kansas City preseason game last year. Seriously.

It's not a slam on the Saints, who are one of the elite teams in football. The matchups and splits favor Seattle for the most part, but forget that. It just seems like this is the kind of game the current Seahawks team never loses. Underdog teams like the Eagles, Rams, and Colts scare me, but big boy teams just don't.

Psychologically speaking, it almost feels like we've been spotted 17 points before kickoff. That's how relaxed I feel.

I've never felt so confident of a blowout and I'm not exaggerating. It won't even be close. I currently think Tampa bay and the rams are equal to the saints in quality. Saints are the most overrated team in the entire NFL.

I don't say this to insult saint fans reading my post. I actually believe it, and this Monday will show it. Mark these words: Seahawks in a total blowout from start to finish, win by roughly 20, tarvaris plays most of the fourth quarter:

Ok, I'll bite. Say those teams are as good as us...........you didn't blow out either one.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largefarva":29eiw12r said:
Well the Saints gameplan just got easier with news of Harvin's hip flaring up again.
Can't disagree there though it doesn't change the end result to me. I have supreme confidence that Wilson will take it in stride and have us marching on just fine.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, the "no home games after a bye since 2004" thing has skewed our results after byes. Just how it's worked out. I think the layoff can be perhaps a minor concern but nothing more.