Anyone else feeling surpremely confident about this game?

kearly

Reaction score
I felt more nervous about the Kansas City preseason game last year. Seriously.

It's not a slam on the Saints, who are one of the elite teams in football. The matchups and splits favor Seattle for the most part, but forget that. It just seems like this is the kind of game the current Seahawks team never loses. Underdog teams like the Eagles, Rams, and Colts scare me, but big boy teams just don't.

Psychologically speaking, it almost feels like we've been spotted 17 points before kickoff. That's how relaxed I feel.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Not I. Saints fans have convinced me that we have no chance. Sean Payton is a genius offensive mind and Rob Ryan has the most unique D ever. We've never seen a D like Ryan's and let's not forget their front 7 is 10x's better than Carolina's, StL's, 49er's and Houston's. Also, Brees is the first elite QB we've seen all year. We'll be lucky to even be in this game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been clear with my thoughts this past week....

SEAHAWKS WIN IN A LAND SLIDE.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm confident but I have to be realistic with the fact that the Saints are a very good team. It all comes down to which team brings their stuff the most on Monday.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
After we beat the Saints, we will only need to win ONE of our remaining 4 games to earn the #1 seed, IMO.

This game is HUGE.

And we will turn up BIG.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Having our tackles back along with Percy is making me look forward to this American History X-style curb stomping the Saints will be receiving Monday night.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1u0hfc3u said:
Not I. Saints fans have convinced me that we have no chance. Sean Payton is a genius offensive mind and Rob Ryan has the most unique D ever. We've never seen a D like Ryan's and let's not forget their front 7 is 10x's better than Carolina's, StL's, 49er's and Houston's. Also, Brees is the first elite QB we've seen all year. We'll be lucky to even be in this game.

LOL nice

Blitzer88

Reaction score
You know me, I'm always nervous about every game. Especially this one, so much is riding on it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I wouldn't say "supremely confident", but I'm not overly concerned about it.

It sounds funny but I'd be more concerned about seeing the Saints in the playoffs than seeing them Monday. I think that's when they're much more dangerous. Remember.. should they lose Monday, Carolina suddenly is a serious serious contender for the NFC South and 2 seed.. so we can easily see the Saints again in the Divisional Round.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I'm confident. But I'm still nervous. It's entirely against my nature as a Seattle sports fan to ever not be nervous when it comes to a big game. I'm like a battered dog in that regard. I see a nice looking guy holding out a treat. But I can't shake all the times I got smacked in the face instead.

muxpux

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1gw5hv8o said:
I'm confident. But I'm still nervous. It's entirely against my nature as a Seattle sports fan to ever not be nervous when it comes to a big game. I'm like a battered dog in that regard. I see a nice looking guy holding out a treat. But I can't shake all the times I got smacked in the face instead.

exactly.

2001-mariners-116-wins.jpg

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Can I kindly remind everyone that the Saints managed a whole 17 points against the FALCONS in A DOME last week???

How on earth do they expect to put MORE points against the SEAHAWKS IN THE MOST FEARED PLACE TO PLAY IN ALL THE NFL?!!?!?

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1p58hhue said:

The way I see things, it would be kind of a miracle if the Pete and Russell left this world without a Super Bowl ring. They just have so much going for both of them, and this team has so many contending seasons ahead of them. This isn't 2005 when the team peaked and you knew it was a special opportunity. No, this is a team that is the best in the NFL even when it has no protection for most of the season. Being a dominant, feared team is the new normal. Whether they get that ring this year or not, they are almost certainly getting one before it's all said and done.

That said, it seems like the stars are aligning for Seattle this season. They play in the best division in the NFL by W-L, yet did you know they currently own the leagues weakest Strength of Schedule to this point in the season? Then you factor the Rodgers injury which has probably eliminated our (IMO) our most dangerous NFC threat. All the insane close wins? And with a team that had more critical injuries than any Seahawks team since 2008.

I think they get it this year. And I honestly wonder if we even lose another game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
I feel good about it to a point. While I agree this is the first truly elite QB we have seen this year, on the other hand they have not seen a back like Lynch or a QB like Rw. They are 3-2 on the road with the 3 wins all by 8 pints or less, in their last 2 games they won by a combined 7 points. They have not played a defense as good as ours yet, or an offense that scores as much. Interestingly of their losses on the road they were NE, and Jets both outdoor cold weather stadiums. While there road wins were TB, Atl, Chic albeit in OCT not Dec. We have played 2 QBs who are playing very very well Cam and Luck and we are 1-1 against them however both were on the road as well. However I am always nervous but even more so given it is the Saints.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Reason I am not worried about this game, other than gut feel, is that elite QBs that have played Seattle the last two seasons have had to switch to a checkdown type game plan. Rodgers in 2012 and in the 2013 preseason. Brady in 2012 (he was magnificent but still only scored 23 points), Manning in the 2012 and 2013 preseasons, etc.

Now, some QBs have challenged us intermediate and kicked our butts (Ryan Tannehill and Matt Stafford in 2012 and Mike Glennon in 2013). But in all those cases they were by chance having career days the day they faced our defense, and I think their youth and inexperience led them to dangerous play. Dangerous play that Seattle usually feasts on.

Franchise QBs tend to not be risk takers. They play smart and stick to a game plan that avoids game breaking mistakes. That means when Brees does score on us, he's going to have to work his tail off for those touchdowns: 15 play drives with multiple 3rd down conversions. He can do it, no question, but it's hard to score 30 when playing with a game plan like that, especially on the road in the NFL's most hostile environment in freezing temperatures when being accustomed to warm weather and indoor conditions.

On the flip side, the Saints run D is one of the worst in the league and their style of defense perfectly plays into Seattle's hands. Seattle is likely to score 30 points (their season average is over 30 a game at home). Seattle's offense has really been rolling in recent weeks. For the Saints to win, you are basically asking Brees to pitch a perfecto on 3rd downs while the defense somehow learns how to stop one of the NFL's best rushing attacks. That is one seriously tall order.

rsm650

Reaction score
There is something wrong with me. Since 2012, I am still waiting for the day that we get blown out, lose by more than a touchdown, lose at home, etc...BUT it's not happening with Wilson healthy! Go Hawks!!!