Anyone else not fear the Falcons?

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lnemb92 said:
I love how many people out there actually think the Hawks have no chance in this game.
Perfect

Exactly. We have literally defied odds against opponents on several occasions. I don't expect a win to be easy, but I expect a win because our team is fantastic. I have no reason to feel anything less than that. 8)

Largent80

Reaction score
Many a chest thumping fan has never shown their faces after puffing up their keyboard fingers only to watch the Hawks make them look under their beds for a whole year.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
kobebryant":slhtv5k1 said:
All opponents should be respected though. And this Atlanta team has a lot to respect - an MVP candidate at QB, strong oline, a nice stable of backs, a HOFer at WR, young studs littered throughout their defense, and what I think is an excellent head coach who will have his boys up for this one.

You bet he will.

Dan Quinn is such a great coach. A great motivator.

Rob12":slhtv5k1 said:
Atlanta won five of their last six games. The one team they lost to during that stretch, KC, was the only team with a winning record.

And that is the most stinging loss of the season. Score a TD with 2 mins to go to take a 28-27 lead... and then go for 2 and it's picked and returned for 2 pts turning into a 29-28 loss.

So yeah... we lost to a team with a "winning record" and it's unfortunate because the toughest losses are the ones you gift wrap for the opponent.

Had KC driven down the field and scored it wouldn't have stung near as bad.

Rob12":slhtv5k1 said:
For the record FalconsFanNW, I respect the way you've handled yourself in here. Not taking any shit while still being respectful. Well done.

The Falcons are a damn good team. Me not fearing them isn't a slight towards them, but rather a reflection of how much I believe in this team of mine.

One thing you've said here that I take issue with is you saying we've had a great five year run. That run is still going, no matter how this season plays out. The Seahawks are still extremely formidable and will be for years. The way you say it almost makes it sound like you think this franchise is about to become a corpse. Don't think so, my man. Maybe I'm reading into your words too much there.

I appreciate that. I've crossed the line a few times in response to comments I feel crossed the line but for the most part I've kept it respectful and that's what I'm trying to do.

I can respect your belief in the Seahawks as well... I believe in my Falcons just as much. I'm not a complete homer and do believe we need a few more pieces on defense... but I also believe this team can win the Super Bowl this season with the offense they have. Gonna be fun to watch.

... and yeah, you're probably reading a bit too much into my comment about the run. The Seahawks have had a great 5 year run and I am definitely not saying it's over. I do think they need to work on improving the OL though. Kinda surprising they've put as little money as they have into protecting RW.

Looking back at the Graham trade I think keeping Unger might have been the better bet... but I can see why they made the trade and what they were planning with the offense.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I fear the Falcons, and they have enough reasons to fear us as well. Any NFL team who is playing in the divisional round of the playoffs can win.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1kfgbi6a said:
I don't fear them. But at the same time, I don't think anyone fears us.

Other than the Lions, I think every team in the NFC who made the playoffs thinks they have a legit chance of making it to the SB.

This is untrue...I fear us very much. I think we have the ability to beat anyone on any given day on any field, but we shoot ourselves in the foot WAY too much with mistakes that shouldn't happen. We can beat the Falcons if we can stay out of our own way. My biggest fear (and the reason I predict the Falcon victory this week) is that we won't be able to do that. I hope I am wrong, but this inconsistent season hasn't done much for the confidence department.

2_0_6

Reaction score
All I have to say is if Atlanta beats us on Saturday whish I feel is pretty likely, we should all jump on board their train and hope that they get a Lombardi.

Who can really stomach seeing Brady, Rodgers or anyone in a Dallas uniform winning it all?

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2ekhqxpf said:
All I have to say is if Atlanta beats us on Saturday whish I feel is pretty likely, we should all jump on board their train and hope that they get a Lombardi.

Who can really stomach seeing Brady, Rodgers or anyone in a Dallas uniform winning it all?
If ATL beats seattle i will give my props and will probably be rooting for julio to get a ring.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point Nation, if we lose to Atlanta, no way in hell I would root for anyone in the NFC but Atlanta after that.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
RussB":26mhzzlo said:
Hawk_Nation":26mhzzlo said:

If ATL beats seattle i will give my props and will probably be rooting for julio to get a ring.

I could be down with that. Falcons or KC, if they make it that far are the only possibilities.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":v5y06wd6 said:

Classy post man.

2_0_6

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1uyqa6p6 said:
Hawk_Nation":1uyqa6p6 said:

Classy post man.

Its not classy, trust me I want see Ryan de-cleated all afternoon and you to lose by 50. .

But if we happen to lose, the Falcons are the lesser of the evils that remain. :D

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1gghvhn5 said:
FalconsFanNW":1gghvhn5 said:
Hawk_Nation":1gghvhn5 said:

Classy post man.

Its not classy, trust me I want see Ryan de-cleated all afternoon and you to lose by 50. .

But if we happen to lose, the Falcons are the lesser of the evils that remain. :D

Of course they are... and my classy comments was made on the assumption that Atlanta wins.

Trust me, I want nothing more than to see Sherman get burnt deep for a TD... fall down and then get up and do a golf clap like in 2012.

:mrgreen:

Latest posts